FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Devblog: Server Merger

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - October 01, 2020, 16:00:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker
Reactions 130
Score : 327

I would say: first see if the name is taken and then state the problem, after all you could be lucky that the names aren't taken after all there was a name reset not to long ago when all inaktive people that haven't played for some years got the name taken. Long names have less chances to be taken and if it is short just get a last name or double it. I had to double my name because it was taken when i migrated and I didn't wanted an other name so i just used my name twice "name name". So i don't really see a problem as long it hasn't even happened yet.

2 0
Score : 4884

How about the oldest character with the name has the option to rename it, so if he doesn't actually want the name, he can just let the second oldest have it and so on?
And if you aren't the oldest it tells you if the oldest decided yet (so if they haven't you can wait a few days with your temporary name to see if they keep it), but if they choose to keep it it tells you so you only get the option to rename.
And if they don't log in for a month, they automatically "pass" on the name and have to rename if the second oldest chooses to keep it (so the second one doesn't wait forever)
I think this would require a bit of extra work, but would be the most fair to everyone involved.

1 -6
Score : -2777

Best is Reset all names because merge is wanted by players , it is not Ankama's problem , first login gets the name.

1 -13
Score : 2984

@JonTurk That is not going to happen, thank god! Imagine all the players now making a list of coolest names in the game they can find, then trying to take those without being entitled to them, then everyone who makes a new account can do that. Nah, I play since beta and I like my names and find I am entitled to keep them. I'm still active.

2 0
Score : 7607

The exact same argument can be used by any other player who picked the same name in other servers. Seeing your characters, I wouldn't be suprised if there are duplicated since some of them are very common, for example there are characters called Buddha and Las Vegas in Elbor and I'm pretty sure in the other 3 servers too. I don't see why you should have priority over the others who have the name too and viceversa, why would they have priority over you.

Since you like your names, I wouldn't see it fair seeing you losing them to be honest and there's nothing ensuring you that you will get to keep them with the antiquity criteria.

1 -3
Score : 45

Question regarding the dates used for character names:

>Out of characters who have been active in the last 6 months and are above level 50, the one that's been around the longest won't be renamed.

Is this 6 months / level 50 at the time of this announcement? OR for example, do we have until the server merge to get that character to level 50 and keep the name?

0 0
Score : 1345
Most likely as of this Announcement. Why? To avoid manipulation by players upon reading this Devblog, same deal as Kamas.
0 0
Score : 8391

Suggestion, Increase PvM Ladder to 300 spots.

• Platinum -> 1-6
  • Gold -> 7-24
  • Silver -> 25-144
  • Bronze -> 145-300

Platinum, 6 spots
Gold, 18 spots
Silver, 120 spots
Bronze, 156 spots

6 0
Score : 293

I think kamas Idea is done in horrible way....no matter what it will end up with just adding kamas together so whole multiply formula is useless . A1 B5 1x5=5 A4B20 4x5=20 so basicly with this multiply formula You just try to hide that kamas from server A will be lost xD

0 0

The won't be lost, it just means kamas in server A are worth less, because people already have more of them

1 -3
Score : 24

We have been waiting for so long it would be awesome to have an estimate date to when the merge is happening. Before 1.70 doesn't really do it since it takes months for a new update to come out.

0 -1

Hi Aluu,

We'll share more information in a future news.

[Flatops]

Score : 664

Been waiting for this for so long I thought I'd never get to play again..

2 -1
Score : 294

cody5|2020-10-01 16:02:41
You will keep all characters, but won't be able to make new ones if you have more of them then slots (so if you have 8 slots and 10 characters, you can only make a new one if you delete 3)

That doesn't really answer my question. Let's say I have 18 purchased slots on Remington and made one character of each class, using up all those slots. (Which IS my situation.) I also have some characters in Nox and Phaeris, bringing my total characters on the servers that will be merged to well over 18 characters in Rubilax. (28 to be more precise) I want to know if the client is ready to display 28 characters under a single server, if I'm gonna get to choose only 18 of the 28 to keep, or if they will be deleted under some specific criteria to bring it down to 18.
0 -1

Hi Seishin-Hermy,

cody5 is correct, all 28 of your characters will be in Rubilax, you just can't create new ones until you delete some.

[Flatops]

Score : 129

Sounds good to me.

I really appreciate the way character names are handled. I was also wondering how kamas would be approached since some servers suffered from severe inflation.

Of course it would have been impossible to propose a solution that matches everyones expectations. Still I think this is a well considered solution everyone should be able to get along with.

0 0
Score : 251

edit: flatops is a hero!

[Ankama]WAKFU|2020-10-09 04:24:18
Hi PimpGrade3,

Your original thread was moved to the new category. Please let me know which thread you would like to keep smile

[Flatops]

thank you so much flatops! you are amazing!
2 0

Hi PimpGrade3,

Your original thread was moved to the new category. Please let me know which thread you would like to keep smile

[Flatops]

Hello everyone,

In order to provide more details about the upcoming merger, please find below an additional Q&A. It is also added to the devblog for more clarity.

With the removal of resources planted by players, what about resources planted in HB or HW?
HB are specific to each character and HW are specific to each guild. Resources that were present in HB and HW before the merger will be kept after the merger. 

Will the spawn rate of Archimonsters be increased ?
The speed of reappearance of Archimonsters will not be modified. But we will keep an eye on their availability after the merger. 

How will the PVP ranking by nation work?
The PVP rankings of the nations will be recalculated taking into account all the characters of the new servers.

What will happen when we exceed the limit of 18 character slots? Will they be deleted?
No characters will be deleted.
The situation is explained in the "Character slots" section of the article. 

What will happen after the merger if the friends list is full on multiple servers?
If the sum of the friends lists of several servers that are going to be merged exceeds 100 friends, then the excess friends will be deleted.
The same restrictions will apply to ignored lists.
We recommend that players sort through their friends and ignored lists before the merger to avoid this type of situation. 

Will the number of players in a guild be increased?
We have increased the maximum size of guilds in the update 1.67. We don't plan to increase the maximum size of guilds any further at the moment.

Happy gaming smile

Considering this is a merger of players from all timezones, will battlefields come up every hour to acomodate for players who might not be able to play in the times battlefilelds are open?
Or at least space them out more troughout the day?

1 -3
Score : 306

This is good news.

More than good, in fact.
Not gonna complain about the naming system. I do love my names but dang, they're just names. Chill.

2 -1
Score : 1161

> Average of 1 million kamas per active account

I hope you use median or cut-off average (arithmetic mean from lets say 90% of cases, with 5% top and bottom cases thrown away from calculation).
The problem with raw arithmetic mean is that presence of outliers can skew result.
If Jeff Bezos decides to sit at bar then *on average* everyone at the bar will be a multibillionaire.

My guildmate on Remi has ~700mk.
He doesn't have the best gear, he is not 215lvl, he doesn't do pvp, he moderately does pve.
Wakfu is mostly a market/economy game for him.
He is irregular/statistical outlier.
If you use vanilla arithmetic mean then we will all suffer because of him and ones like him.

1 0

Well the amount of money a single player recieves actually doesn't effect the amoutn of kamas on the server at all, as if he gets more money from trading, it means the other players have less, so the only thing that effects the average amount of money is just people dropping kamas from monsters and minting them

2 -3
Score : 1616

I would honestly prefer to see a crunch rather than inflation. Kamas are so completely lacking in value as it is, and there's this misconception that kamas have any inherent value in this game (which they don't since basically every single non-player service that could cost kamas no longer does). There are people who would throw an absolute fit if they "lost" kamas, when in reality they would have exactly as much buying power with less kamas.

Rather than encouraging an economy where Gobball Skin costs 50,000 kamas, I think it would be wiser for all kamas in the game to be averaged down, and an announcement being made as to the index that was used. This would at least lead to an understanding of the new standard of value among the informed players, even though people who don't read the forums and absolute cretins would still trying to sell things at absurd prices. Their product would never sell however, and with so much extra competition with a larger server, it seems likely that the economy would level itself out in time, and people would gradually accept the new standards of value.

1 -5
Score : 83

While I agree with you , especially since it won't actually change anyone's buying power one way or another; the number of dislikes your comment has gotten kinda proves the point that people want "moar bigger numbahs" without really exercising their brains about what it means.

1 0
Score : 78

I hope u bring the old brutality back and the old ougi 

0 -3
Score : 134

What happens to my booster during the server merge? Is it paused, or does the servers' offline time still count?

0 0
Score : 11

What do you guys mean by; "bags from haven bags will be removed from the world" ??
haven bags and the ecosystem are a huge part of why i even get on sometimes. I guess ill have to log in and find out. If we're getting rid of havens then i might aswell uninstall lol

now that im here... ill take this time to mention one concern about Remington server. All around the worlds there are NPC characters dressed like real characters running around. Can we get rid of them? They are really strange, and sort of distracting; kind of like artificial.

0 0
Score : 16

Im pretty sure they mean haven bags that are currently placed down in the world will all be unplaced for the merger (so 2+ haven bags wont be on the same spot after the merger). At first I thought they meant the haven bag feature would be removed all together too so I had to reread it again.

1 0
Respond to this thread