FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Devblog: Server Merger

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - October 01, 2020, 16:00:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker
Reactions 130
Score : 15

"the contents of the other Haven Bag Chests will be transferred to read-only tabs."

Are these just tabs that you can only withdraw from?
Like the one that pops up when your inventory is full after a fight.

0 0
Score : 4884

No that's a temporary inventory, it's a whole havenbag chest page you can only remove items from

4 -4
Score : 1297

4 questions:

1.bags from the heaven bags : i dont understand this ... heavenbag chest or heaven bags removed?
2. if one have bought characters slots previously the server merge  ... we lose those ogrines and characters slots?
3. if i have some characters lower than 50 lvl  with gears or materials ... i lose them and the character ?
4. it is possible you by merge follow the trace of abusers of game and bann them or their kamas?

all the other stuffs seem well plained thank you Ankama

1 -2
Score : 7284

1. Just hb placed around the world will be removed.  (Like bags around astrub zaap as example.)
2. You won't lose ogrines or character slots.
3. Nope, the requirement is regarding 'names' of the character, not the character itself.
4. They already did that for remi. Kama average value fixing methodology mentioned here should give every one a fair playing field to start with.

4 0
Score : 5

There will be a global chat and/or a community chanel as in dofus?

1 -1
Score : 253

"For several months now, we've been working on the WAKFU server merger."
AHAHAHA THIS DOES IT MAN!! "several months"?? what? So 40+ months is "several"?

You've been telling us that the merger was coming since 2017... so ehmmm?

For the ones who don't believe me, here is a post out of 2017 telling us that the server merge got pushed back a little: https://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/news/announcements/733791-server-merge-update

3 -3

40+ Months still counts as several months.
And merge is finally at the doorstep any way. huh

3 0
Score : 1345

Why are people worry about Kamas? It's the influx in Late Game gear you should be worry about. With 5 Servers Merging, that would also mean an increase amount of Late Game gear introduced into the game on the same server, effectively driving the value of those item down. Basic Supply Demand.

0 -5
Score : 15

Wouldn't demand go up as well with more end game players merged into one server?

2 -1
Score : -9

What will happen to characters order on character selection screen after transfer?

1 -1

If you have additional empty character slots, then the characters from the servers will get appended onto that.
Else you will have 5 character slots which are available like normal and the other characters will be on your Hero/Sidekick Panel from where you can use them Just like how you use sidekicks. They won't be able to be selected from the main character selection window.

1 -3
Score : 1271

Ah I was afraid thats how the naming thing would work :/
Starting at launch day I had the name Masochist but over the years I have remade the character a couple of times.
I assume the timer will pick the most recent character created...
What a shame

2 0
Score : 7607

Frost-Byte|2020-10-02 03:26:50
Ah I was afraid thats how the naming thing would work :/
Starting at launch day I had the name Masochist but over the years I have remade the character a couple of times.
I assume the timer will pick the most recent character created...
What a shame

This is a legit concern. I wonder if using the name change service or re-making your character also erases the records of the name being associated to your character or something. 

Maybe it would be a better idea to just release all the names the day of the merge? This would help to release those names that have been inactive for years and, personally,  It would also fix the problem of the Elbor Server where everyone had to re-name their characters back in 2015 against their will (assuming that it reseted the antiquity timer of the name)
2 -1

You can check to an extend if your character requires a rename or nope on the beta server, As it did suggested duplicated names with a rename option.
Beta is still available at the time of writing (2/10/2020-4AM Paris time).

2 -1

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all of your feedback and questions, we are excited as you are for the merge!

We've taken note of all of them and we'll discuss them with the team.

For now please take this devblog as a reminder that the merge is drawing close so please prepare accordingly!

[Flatops]

Score : 16

What about server stability? Remington is already on his knees with the current load when it is highly populated (Astrub Centre, Kelba, Amankna...)
Will it have a negative impact on entering the heavens bag? It is already has a 30% chance to crash and about 50/50 when in highly populated areas.
And while we at it why do we not fix:
- Pickaxe panda
- Searching in the market place
- Crashes due to slow walk and setup speed from certain enemies
- Plantgrowth in heavens bag

1 0
Score : -21

Silvermane quietly borrows a shovel from a passing Enutrof (Meaning he rents one for a quarter of an hour) Once he has the proper tools equipped, Silvermane digs a large, deep, squarish hole. then he crafts a half dozen of planks, returns the shovel to the Enutrof, and jumping into the hole, Silvermane pulls the planks over the top of the hole, lays down as low as he can and waits, figuring he has a safe spot while all this is going on. Because if this merge works as advertised, Silvermane may be the only one to emerge unscathed.

1 -2
Score : 1

my game was updating and gave an error that I don't know how to solve, then he keeps insisting on repairing the game and when it is almost over another error appears

0 0
Score : 2008

To accommodate as many characters on the two new servers at once, we've optimized software operation for the game servers, and we'll be using new physical servers with much better performance.

Out of curiosity, could you share the specs of the server?
0 0
Score : 2499
1 0

Hello everyone,

We have read your numerous feedback following the publication of the devblog and we bring some details on your questions. 

Kamas

We have read your concerns about this issue and provide more details. 

There should be no possible abuse with kamas as all kamas storages will be taken into account (guild chests, kamas on hold etc.).

Furthermore, the data we use is the data at the time of this devblog’s publication, so players can no longer try to influence this data.

We multiply (via a factor) the kamas of accounts on certain servers to ensure that accounts from merged servers have the same purchasing power.

We have preferred to harmonize upwards (multiplying factor greater than 1) because we believe that the community will more easily accept an increase in kamas than a decrease (which could be interpreted as an accident, a bug, or a sanction).

The natural generation of kamas in the server will potentially become less significant compared to the money supply available on the server, but we do not consider this as an issue.

Players generally get richer through trading (obtaining kamas already in play) than through the generation of new kamas.

Marketplace

What will happen to the items on sale in the marketplaces after the merger? 

As mentioned in the article: " the kama factor will be applied to items for sale and items sold".As such, the items will remain in the marketplaces after the merger.

Haven-bag chest

What will happen to the HB chests’ tabs with removal only? 

Withdrawal-only tabs are not affected by the merger. They will keep their « withdrawal-only » mode. 

PvM Ladder

Is there a plan to double the rewards of the PvM Ladder? 

We do not plan to double the rewards of competitive dungeons. We plan to increase the rankings’ places of competitive dungeons in order to increase the number of rewards distributed and the number of characters that can be ranked on a game server-wide basis. Here's what we plan to do: 

Before:
  • Gold -> 1-6
  • Silver -> 7-30
  • Bronze -> 31-100

After :
  • Gold -> 1-6
  • Silver -> 7-60
  • Bronze -> 61-200

What will happen to the rankings before the merger? 
Here's what we plan to do to reset the dungeon rankings:
  • Permanent Rankings: total reset
  • Rankings of the previous month: total reset
  • Rankings of the current month: merging the rankings of the servers that are merged together

So the characters will not lose the positions acquired in the rankings of the current month.

We have decided to reset the permanent dungeon rankings because there are many cases where players can no longer reach or exceed previous performances due to changes made to the game over the previous updates.

The server merger involves a new community start, so this is a good opportunity to reset the permanent dungeon rankings. 

Citizenship

What will happen to the character’s nation? 

No changes to the characters’ nation. 

Will citizenship points be kept? 

Citizenship points will be kept. 

Battlefields

Is it possible to get the schedules of the new Battlefields on Rubilax? 

The new time slots for the new Battlefields on Rubilax are not yet defined. 

Will the limit of authorized players be increased? 

We don't plan to increase the maximum number of characters allowed in the Battlefields at first.

We will pursue this possibility if we find that the Battlefields regularly do not offer enough places to participate. 

Miscellaneous

How will the characters be presented on the selection screen? 

Characters will be sorted by chronological order of creation date: the oldest characters will be displayed first and the newest characters last. 

Will low-level and old characters be imported? 

There was a misunderstanding with the "Character names" part. The level and age both apply for renaming and not for importing characters.

To be clear: all characters will be imported. 

What will happen with the gift interface? Is there any risk of losing items? 

Items present in the gift interface will be transferred during the merger. 

Will there be an increase in the number of characters in the friends list? 

The maximum size of the friends list will not be increased for the merger. 

What about the tools to help community gatherings? 

We don't have any concrete announcements to make at this time, but we would like to be able to make improvements to this aspect of the game in 2021. 

Specific case: renaming characters on Elbor? 

During the 2015 Rollback, for a part of the characters created before the Rollback, the creation date was lost and was automatically set to the date of the Rollback (2015).

The same renaming rules apply for the characters.

For clarity's sake, the questions above were added to the devblog.

Do not hesitate to tell us what you think. We will continue to read your feedbacks with attention!

Happy gaming on WAKFU smile
How will the characters be presented in the selection screen? 

Characters will be sorted by chronological order of creation date: the oldest characters will be displayed first and the newest characters last. 

Any chance we could get an option to also sort them by level/name/class?
4 -1
Score : 480

Is Nox server physically located in NA or EU? Will merger affect latency?

0 0

Ankama is not a huge company, so I assume all servers are located in france?

1 -2
Score : 247

They should make PVP schedule   24 hours so everyone will be able to play

1 0
Score : 4218

cody5|2020-10-02 07:19:33
How will the characters be presented in the selection screen? 

Any chance we could get an option to also sort them by level/name/class?

What I'd really like is the ability to move characters around in any order one would prefer. Maybe like a button that let's you move them around. It would be extra cute if you could lift them and they'd wiggle around and looked freaked out as you move them laugh
1 0
Score : 182

will the maximum number of players in a guild be increased?

0 0

They increased the limit to guild player count by +100 in a previous update. Can buy the bonus via the guild rank upgrade section.

0 0
Score : 7607
@[Zorel] 

Thanks for your reply, I understand that a Rollback is a critical event that carries consequences so I get why the info related to the creation date was lost and set to 2015. I really do, but even so I feel like applying the rule of "the oldest character keeps the name" isn't a fair one and I'm not just talking as an Elbor player here. Allow me to explain.

When you apply that rule, by every duplicated name you are directly affecting up to 4 other players (using Rubilax as an example, since 5 servers are going to be merged and only 1 can keep the name). If we take a common name such as Leo, you are inmediately impeding 4 players to continue playing under that name and the exact same case is repeated by every other duplicated name. If you multiply 4 by the amount of names that are duplicated across the servers you will get the number of players that most likely will complain and won't be happy with their name being taken away from them. The criteria doesn't care about activity throughout the years (just if you logged in the last 6 months), it doesn't care about the support that the player might've given to the game, it just says: "hey, you are the oldest here, keep the name". It doesn't offer an equal opportunity to everyone to fight for their name, you are just blocked from using it right away just because there's someone on another server that you didn't even know that existed up until now using the same name. Whether or not you used the randomizer when picking a name for your character, with the time it becomes something more, an identity if you will and a part of the game itself.

If we take again into account the case of Elbor, it really affects a big part of the hispanic community. Elbor didn't have a choice, the players were forced to rename their characters against their will, they are 3 years later to pick their name (2012 - 2015), it's like starting a race 1 minute after the light turned green. Even if they have been playing and supporting the game since it's Alpha phase they will lose the names that they've keept during the last 7 years. While it is true that this is 1 community against 4 where the Rollback didn't happen, we are going to be 1 soon and we need to start with the right foot in as many ways as possible. Many of us will have to go through losing our names a second time.

That's why I think and believe that the healthier solution here would be to release them all, state a date and hour with anticipation about when the server is going to open after the maintance so everyone can compete for their names in equal conditions.

I say this with all the due respect of course.
6 -3
Score : 7458

I understand that you are sad, that you have a disadvantage on this. I myself have a disadvantage on this, because I was migrated from amara server at begin of 2016 and then amara server was decided to be lower priority than Remington, so everyone who had a name duplicated with another character on Remi, just had to rename, there was no "who plays longer".  In your system, I have to fight for not having to rename my characters a second time, which (with all respect) is not healthy too. Who logs in first after a patch is not at all a healthy system to decide, who deserves to keep their name. There are work schedules people have to follow, school and some people will have the opening of the servers sometime after midnight. Besides the reopening time of the servers will not be known, so people will camp the launcher like crazy. This would be a kinda like toxic battle royal situation and that just has nothing to do with healthy. And this statement comes from a person in a worse position than you in the current naming system. 

Besides, you might think every name is duplicated on the servers, but I can assure you, that is not the case. In previous beta merge tests, players with duplicated names got a servertag added on their name and it actually didn't hit that much characters (even when french servers are in this too on beta, so more names get duplicated than on the actual merge). Besides don't expect too many people to have stayed for more than 5 years. If your name got reset in 2015, that is still 5 years in which a big part of players got replaced by other players. You might actually have an advantage from current system over a battle royal, even if you didn't notice that yet.

6 -1
Respond to this thread