FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Devblog: Level 215 in WAKFU

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - June 01, 2020, 17:30:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker
Reactions 211
Score : 2

I wasn't able to take servey so I guess I say stuff here.

1. Level cap increase I wouldn't care less, though it is an ~10+ bill slap and I slightly hate it but I can deal with it. The only ones that should really be complaining about this are people with more than 1 character at 200 because its a shot gun to the gut with over 50+ bill exp wasted for them. Those who play 1 character should not care it's 15 levels more most of your time is wasted grinding gear on that level anyways, if anything more why not make an alt? Those who have alts should not care because its now easier for you to get to 200+ without doing the same grind as everyone else who is at 200. IMO its good for devs to increase level it makes it easier to develop new content instead of sitting on similar stat gear. Consistantly doing level increase I disagree but their last lvl cap increase is 5 years ago which is quite a lot, so hope this isn't consistant. They can make a lot more expansions for level 215 they dont have to increase it.
2. Enchantment in my opinion should not be based on a lot of rng. I don't know how it will be now with new changes. I hope it is easier but I wish that they could make the gear you sacrifice give the colours and order it had, because running out of rolls to then get a completely new item is painful.
Gear at 200 being irrelevant is also normal in other mmo. Gear is easily obtainable, the only pain is making it best in slot.
3. Why not make open world pvp in certain locations rather than every location. I don't like getting mobbed at kelba market or astrub every day. Highly contested politic areas which could gain high reward high risk for professions seem fun.
4. Could you give us more quests to make leveling less painful though? It might also make it more fun I guess. Since player base is low and we have to use a boster for our alts to progess.

I'm only saying this because I see a huge backlash with the community right now and it looks like it is only coming from one side.
I do like the game but the grind imo is quite overbearing since I'm more of casual player with 1 level 200 and 1 at 197 trying to do end game content with friends I know.

1 -1
Score : 27

Why don't you just focus on merge??!!! It's 3.5 years already!!! Or maybe if you really don't want to merge, you still have a lot of bugs to be fixed rather than implementing things your own players opposed #goodbyewakfu

6 -3
Score : 11722

Okey, firstly I'll start with the one negative feedback towards the devlog, later will write another post about the positives I find in the changes as well justify all of my thesis.

"Faster and Smoother Leveling" won't have any real impact or change the feeling from the current one. Even if you improve leveling it's too slight a change, the problem of wakfu is that everything takes ages, especially for people with x1 exp modifiers. Invited to game tones of friend and sadly even with support and group they didn't want to stick with the game. Stopped around 140-185 lvl bc they couldn't afford spending their time so inefficient without any good reward for what they are doing.

Without power leveling words like "WAKFU is a game where it is relatively slow to level; reaching the maximum level must remain a goal that is hard to reach, requiring commitment and perseverance. Leveling should remain an adventure worthy of the name!" are simply an unfunny joke.

In the current game era where players are attracted by fast action and can jump into the game just for a moment during the day, wakfu stays in the stone age by demanding such a huge amount of time for achieving important goals or even getting simple tasks done. Making leveling still a slow process makes it just discouraging, and the exp spike at the end really scares ppl off. Fact that Pen leveling got removed, and more and more dmg dealers or supporters losing fast dmg capabilities for the more nukey approach makes even spamming rooms kinda uncomfortable. But even if you're able to solo rooms in the dungs like croc dung on s21/31, when it becomes the best method of leveling itâ€s madness. How many hours are you able to resist by doing 1st room all over again and not go crazy? Other reliable ways of getting XP like environment quests basically let you level by not playing the game in combat system and by that creating the players without battle experience needed to get into any team later on. Battlegrounds on the other hand are a huge joke, the zone for pvp players gets changed for the zone for leveling players that dont even do real fight against player or even AI with complex mechanics, they just collect flowers or plant boxes for exp for 45 minutes. Another way to raise players in the spirit of not playing the game.

Leveling in wakfu is simply a badly designed feature that is tweaked into the form that doesn't change that to the level when you would notice and appreciate the change. Wakfu needs to invite ppl to play, allow them to progress fast enough to reach and have fun in the endgame. To provide more players boosting the markets and economy of servers, as well as allow them for reliable way to farm lower lvl items to make als sets and generate wealth early on and fun from competition with other players in the ranking ladder.

Thank you for reading the first part, stay tuned for rest!
Greetings,
Percy

12 0
Score : 36782

Where's the merge

5 0
Score : 4844

Soon (TM)

But yeah it's almost done, I hope the patch after this one

1 -5
Score : 32

215 gear go brrrr

2 0

I'm glad to see that the wakfu fanbase is up to date on the memes

1 0
Score : 783

who cares? You’ll need to grind way more billions to get to 215 anyway considering 200 isn’t the max level anymore...

Same! 215? Bye bye wakfu!!

1 0

it's the same if you are at lvl 186 or under, but more if you are higher

0 -4
Score : -2342

Dear Ankama, i bought my 3rd new class to keep it in reserve and not to play in 200 level dungeons with  stasis.
Because i need 6 heroes system to beat dungeons to create a challange in ranking with my OWN strategies and hero group and i need tons of cool gears ,kamas to each my heroes in my reserve etc. before 215 system and i still am not fit even with my main rogue cause of your limits and mechanics on mobs.Change all system of gameplay of wakfu dungeons or remove these 1 hero limit to 3 heroes and you can add 3 hero slots  in account to 6 heroes system who bought booster and you can increase god prize booster like %50 for 6 slots. At least people can leave multi clients in thier pcs, it creates a bit challange which your gameplay needs.Btw im bored tto play storyline , i played 3 times already and i dont want to play for new heroes, it wud be better if you link this storyline in acccount(jump,swim etc.). 

0 0

I mean on one hand I get it but on the other, the only thing the artifacts really do is unlock access to the XP chests, besides the luminescent amulet I guess.
If you actually needed them to access some areas, I would agree.

0 0
Score : 93

For lvl 215: It is ok if you add 1 spells elemental/support and 1 passive.
It will be more attractive to reach that or more lvls.

0 0
Score : 783

cody5|2020-06-11 17:13:54
it's the same if you are at lvl 186 or under, but more if you are higher

I don't get why you saying that? it's like if they add 100 more levels to grind it will be the same? i'm 100% lost

cody5|2020-06-12 21:09:06
They lowered the XP required to get to 200 from 186 on.
So with the amont of XP you would need from 186 to 200, you will now get to 215

This only works for people who are lower than level 186 though
1 0

They lowered the XP required to get to 200 from 186 on.
So with the amont of XP you would need from 186 to 200, you will now get to 215

0 0
Score : 97

I wish there were no ability points gained after 200. And maybe have infinite level but with soft and hard caps that get pushed further off when the devs want to add more content. Making it so that having additional levels past 200 serves only the purpose of unlocking the opportunity to challenge different content.
Also the number 215 is really ugly if you consider it as the (not permanent) "finish line" for you character.
I'd much rather be able to increase my char level to say 280 with no real gain except for "show of commitment" and possibility to tackle the next content added.Or add another sort of "leveling" with the same purpose but no stats gained. I like the idea of lvl 200 for "closure" for my character and then it's something else.
That said, excited for new content, new mobs and dungeons that could push game strategy in a different direction.

4 0
Respond to this thread