FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Devblog: Changes to Haven Worlds

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - February 27, 2020, 15:00:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker

For Update 1.67, we're planning to change the Haven World system so we can adequately prepare for the server merger while correcting major flaws.

Removing Ecosystems from Haven Worlds

Each Haven World currently requires ecosystem management to ensure that monsters and resources function properly.

This system presents three major issues:

1) The current management of ecosystems in Haven Worlds consumes a great deal of resources for the game servers.

Once we start merging game servers in the next few months, we're bound to increase the number of Haven Worlds per server. Our initial research indicates that we won't be able to provide satisfactory game conditions if we double or triple the number of Haven Worlds on a game server while maintaining their current ecosystems.

2) Haven World ecosystems result in especially unbalanced experience gains.

Players with access to Haven Worlds are able to engage in extremely fast and profitable fights by over-customizing combat areas.

Currently, battles completed in Haven Worlds provide a total of 30 times more experience than those in standard areas. This presents an excessive imbalance between experience gains in Haven Worlds and those in the rest of the game.

3) Not all guilds can access a Haven World.

Most characters have no way to access a Haven World because only a limited number of these are available on any game server. Only one active character (doing combat to level up) out of 20 engages in combat in a Haven World. This has created a significant disparity between players with access to a Haven World and those without it.

For these reasons, we've decided to remove the ecosystem mechanic from Haven Worlds. Resources and monsters will no longer respawn in Haven Worlds.

When a Haven World doesn't contain any player-controlled characters, it will be "paused" and will stop using up computing time for the game servers.

It will no longer be possible to battle monsters or gather resources in Haven Worlds.

It will still be possible to place resources and monsters in Haven Worlds, but these will only be cosmetic now.

Having studied several alternatives, we think this solution is the most robust and appropriate to address these three major problems and make it possible to merge servers.

Haven Worlds for All Guilds

Due to the fundamental changes we've had to make to Haven World management, we no longer need to limit their quantity per game server. We can therefore make Haven Worlds accessible to all guilds in the game.

Here are the new rules for accessing Haven Worlds:

• Haven Worlds are purchased through the guild interface.
  • The guild must be at least level 10.
  • A Haven World costs 100,000 guild points.

Getting a Haven World should remain a big milestone for a guild. Our aim is to give all guilds the chance to obtain a Haven World through a major commitment on the part of the guild's members.

This change to Haven Worlds allows us to offer players a much more equitable situation, and potential changes to Haven Worlds down the road would now affect the entire community.

Please feel free to share your feedback on the forums.

Questions & Answers

What will happen to resources and monsters placed in Haven Worlds when Update 1.67 goes live?

Resources and monsters placed in Haven Worlds prior to 1.67 will remain, but they will only be cosmetic.

Will access to Haven Worlds change for other guilds?

This won't change for other guilds; Haven Worlds will still be accessed from cities.

What will happen to the Contrabandit Chest?

The Contrabandit Chest will become a standard guild chest.

First Ankama intervention

Replying to Mael28

Hi guys,

The Haven World changes will be applied in Update 1.67.

As of the moment, we don't have a specific date to share for both Update 1.67 and the planned server merge.

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 134
Score : 3304

finally

0 -1
Score : 3304

oh wait

0 -1
Score : 2004

penning is dead

1 -1
Score : 484

so i assume you'll remove everything such as miner spot, and other gathering spot, are they gonna be compensation for it? spent lot of kamas for it.

8 0
Score : 1746

That's a big issue indeed, every guild with a HW have spent on gathering spots for miner, fisherman, herbalist, lumberjack and farmer.

4 0
Score : 9525

Nice
Whilst i appreciate a lot of players used penning to level alts or otherwise
Penning itself made it so quite a lot of players never needed to leave the haven world to progress, making the servers feel a lot more dead than they really are
(I am not referring to Phaeris or Nox, those servers really are dead)

Plus now everyone can have a haven world for their guild wub

1 -1
Score : 4628

Personally my problem with havenworld is that it allowed people to just ignore ecosystem rules (even more so the usual, what with outlaw being a minor inconvenience)

1 -1
Score : 34

please change the runic system. Why low lvl players have so hard with this?

3 -3
Score : 6264

Well, good news is that I can finally get a Haven World now : P

However - merging the servers 'and' removing the availability of resources within Haven Worlds truly makes me question the availability of (especially) Mining and Fishing nodes.
They are simply too scarse, being thin spread within Zones exclusively. Add to that, that there is no alternative way to get such resources other than straight up mining/fishing.

This should really be adressed along.

A possible solution would be to make Fish/Mine nodes 'personal'. They already don't interact with the ecosystem balance. This would allow everyone to fish and mine without competing.
And mind you, in the case of fishing and mining, competing is simply a loss for every party involved.

7 -5
Score : 592

OK, don't get this wrong but...why should I have a HW if I can't farm or fight in it?

9 0

Honestly, for the original purpose, a guild's home base
Plus this allows for Haven worlds to get new features eventually, it can now be improved upon

Ill admit, with this change the value of haven worlds go down a lot, but its a step in the right direction

Player homes when ankama?

Oh i forgot, the houses you can build give player bonuses too

8 -8
Score : 1551

I wish this could come sooner

It'll be already too hard to solve the "disparity" between players

0 -2
Score : 591

Will you provide any compensation to guilds that previously purchased the HWs for ridicilous kama prices, considering its free now?

2 -2

I don't think it's necessary o.o

1 -4
Score : 424

New scarcity of resources, possible server merge, ideas of wild pvp...
Imagine a lone gatherer with bodyguards defending against the hordes of rivals. A Wild West of resources. I'm just sayin'

1 -2

I think you tried to make this seem like a negative thing but honestly that sounds kinda fun to me

Honestly tho i wouldnt want them to introduce a wild pvp that forces players into participation

1 -4
Score : 592

Suspect--|2020-02-27 15:24:40
Honestly, for the original purpose, a guild's home base
Plus this allows for Haven worlds to get new features eventually, it can now be improved upon

Ill admit, with this change the value of haven worlds go down a lot, but its a step in the right direction

Player homes when ankama?

Yes but no, maybe if they add more stuff/personalization and idk something to interact with (like a tavern with a jukebox, like in HB ) otherwise I think it will become only a market spot or a place where park your character when you are afk.
Player will now farm in they HB so there is no way I will find my guild mates in HW.
And again don't get me wrong, I'm happy about this news. A lot of guilds want an HW from years and now they can finally get one
3 -1

I agree with what you said. Still, I am 100% happy with the news.

I only hope that they find a solution for the "resource-scarce" that doesn't include wild forced pvp

2 -1
Score : 171

Im thinking right now about one. Since in Haven World you could xp your prof's and be honest for example Lumberjact is NOT AT ALL funny to xp tho, and in Haven Bag u can't do it. So for me this could be good idea to make you possible to xp your profesions in the Haven Bag too.

4 0

Heh, heh, heh.
I called it.

I was honestly surprised they left penning in for so long.

0 -9
Score : 17371

Well, I saw it coming. tongue If we wanted to have unlimited Haven Worlds, the price to pay would be removing any kind of spawnable there so there is no need to track their timers.

Now we will be able to create a real place we can call the place of our guild. A place where the players can make their aesthetic masterpiece and call it a home. And best of all, Purries everywhere that can't be attacked by others! And if the Orchestrion thing is added, better yet.

I agree with the cages being too overused for EXPing (I've used this taxi service myself sometimes), they kinda killed the need of playing outside of the Haven Worlds for leveling chars. If resources can't be exploited in there anymore, should I guess that the Haven World bonuses for profession EXP will apply anywhere now.

Time to go nuts with creativity!

2 -2
Score : 418

Merge! huh

BaeSoJi|2020-02-27 14:15:49
so i assume you'll remove everything such as miner spot, and other gathering spot, are they gonna be compensation for it? spent lot of kamas for it.

^ I wonder about this 
3 -1

For compensation to be required, you have to be in the awkward position of having bought a HW yet not having owned the miner spots long enough to have paid them off. They might not get compensated

0 -1
Score : 1136

Just delete HW who cares. There is a number of beautiful places in this game to sit and chat with your guildmates that a HW will be useless after this changes imo. Unless they are thinking new features.

6 -4

Where would you dump all the decorative items? Havenbags are too small to build anything interesting

0 -4

Suspect--|2020-02-27 09:30:08
I think you tried to make this seem like a negative thing but honestly that sounds kinda fun to me

Honestly tho i wouldnt want them to introduce a wild pvp that forces players into participation

I tried to hide my actual opinion angel

VoidSettler|2020-02-27 09:35:35
When open pvp was still around I would get attacked by a max level player griefing people acquiring mining nodes. After I got attacked twice without standing any chance whatsoever I just send another account in as bait, let the timer run out without any interaction on that character, and mine stuff on my main.
And I will happily adapt such methods again if pvp is forced because of scarsity on resources. Survival of the Fittest (Highest level) is a condition I will then simply beat by being cheesy as well.

Survival of the fittest does not mean survival of the strongest! That's what makes it interesting. Lvl200 Fecas acting as bait... Imagine the possibilities.
0 -3
Score : 6264

Survival of the fittest does not mean survival of the strongest! That's what makes it interesting. Lvl200 Fecas acting as bait... Imagine the possibilities.

No, in Wakfu it indeed basically always meant survival of the most exploitative, which i don't consider a healthy enviroment for its intend. Try playing chess with just a King piece against an opponent wielding all the pieces. Good luck!
Now try and play Chess against a player 'without any pieces on your side. The game breaks - there is no King for the opponent to capture.
4 0
Respond to this thread