FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Devblog: Improvement of the Gaming Experience Without Boosters

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - February 21, 2020, 16:00:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker

We recently announced a significant change to Boosters: a single Booster for €6 a month and €2 a week with all the benefits of the old God Booster. For Update 1.67, we also wanted to focus on the gaming experience for players who don't use Boosters. We think it's necessary to offer an optimal gaming experience for all our players so as to foster their loyalty and let them discover Wakfu in the best way possible.

Mount Zinit for All

We made the decision to make all zones accessible to all players.

You'll no longer need to have an active Booster to access certain areas of Mount Zinit.

We don't intend to add any other areas to the game that you'll need a Booster to access.

This change will take effect at the start of March, at the same time as the changes made to Boosters.

Interface Improvements and Elimination of the Highlighting of Boosters

In order to improve the gaming experience for players without Boosters, we've also tried to eliminate the highlighting of Boosters, which we deemed too intrusive.

We want to avoid making players without Boosters feel bad, while presenting the benefits they can provide at the right time and without insisting on getting one.

On the whole, we've removed any excessive highlighting of Boosters and their benefits, instead providing more discreet information that's better integrated into the game.

Booster Status Interface

The "Booster" button, its status and time left are no longer constantly displayed in the game; they are now displayed only in the character selection interface before entering the game.

For accounts without an active Booster:

For accounts with an active Booster:

Quest Reward Interface

The readability of the quest reward interface has been improved: Experience gains provided by Boosters are displayed in the same way as classic gains (they are merely grayed out if the account doesn't have an active Booster).

The highlighting of Boosters in this interface has been removed.

Booster Highlighting Interface

The Booster highlighting interface is no longer displayed in the following situations:

• end of a fight;
  • entering the game;
  • when a pet dies;
  • after purchasing a Booster or after a Booster expires;
  • when opening the Heroes interface;
  • when opening the dungeon machine interface; and
  • when the maximum number of items on sale in the Marketplace is reached.

We've removed all messages highlighting the benefits of Boosters that required players to do something (e.g. close a window).

We hope these changes will help improve the gaming experience for everyone. Feel free to give us your feedback about this.

First Ankama intervention

chespithecool2|2020-02-21 18:04:20
I have a Question regarding the boosters, I currently use the God booster, i have 2 months worth of it right now, but i have 8 codes of Adventure boosters that i have not used, got them from purchasing merchandise in the Ankama Shop, what will happen to this codes after the changes are made ? will they turn into god boosters or will they just simply not work anymore? Should I use them all before the change ? ( i dont really need Adventure boosters since i already have God Booster active and its the only one i use since i play with 3 characters)

Can anyone from the Team shed some light on this ? thank you !

-The Shiba

Hi The Shiba,

After the changes have been applied and you use your codes, you will still receive Adventure Boosters and they will still work.

[Flatops]
See message in context
Reactions 54
Score : 2238

very nicely done

0 0
Score : 1823

neat

1 0
Score : 1841

yeeeees

0 0
Score : 5668

This new direction for the team is nice to see.
Love it. Thank you very much.

1 0
Score : 682

very good, i like the direction of this new director is going, doing what can be done imediatly, showing the players that he intends to really do stuff, i applaud it.

1 0
Score : 30

I have a Question regarding the boosters, I currently use the God booster, i have 2 months worth of it right now, but i have 8 codes of Adventure boosters that i have not used, got them from purchasing merchandise in the Ankama Shop, what will happen to this codes after the changes are made ? will they turn into god boosters or will they just simply not work anymore? Should I use them all before the change ? ( i dont really need Adventure boosters since i already have God Booster active and its the only one i use since i play with 3 characters)

Can anyone from the Team shed some light on this ? thank you !

-The Shiba

ImperiumOfMan|2020-02-21 12:14:02
boosters even different types stack so just redeem em if you're unsure chances are they're gona convert existing booster time to new one.

the stack works like this god will be used 1st then hero and lastly adventure so the adventure will not kick in before god is used

But the problem is that i dont really use Adventure Boosters, i always renew to God since i only play with 3 characters all the time, so I would really not wait for Adventure booster to kick in since i would just renew a God booster. so if they are just going to just Stay adventure boosters then i have no use for them honestly. However if lets say they would turn into 7 day God boosters then i could see myself using them after the update but the issue is that, i dont know what is going to happen to the Codes after the update xD 
0 0
Score : 1871

boosters even different types stack so just redeem em if you're unsure chances are they're gona convert existing booster time to new one.

the stack works like this god will be used 1st then hero and lastly adventure so the adventure will not kick in before god is used

1 0
Score : -51

awesome

0 0
Score : 144

ImperiumOfMan|2020-02-21 18:14:02

If i have 7 days of Adventure Booster on Top of my God Booster, do you think it will also just convert to more God Booster Days?
1 0

odds are yes but this is me just applying logic here since hero and adventure boosters will be removed and people still have active ones in that tier so conversion is only logical step here

0 0
Score : 601

This. I like this. 

0 0
Score : 29

A HUGE deal for me as a veteran..actually considering to come back...honestly one of the best decisions in a while. grats

2 0
Score : 7120

This is a fantastic change! I applaud it.
Keep at it \o/

1 0
Score : 4649

They are learning, Respect gained +10. Keep it up Ankama!

2 0
Score : 16

how would boosters be relevant for high lvl characters if all content will be available for everyone?
I think if you added perks for players with boosters like...
- FULL HP after battles
- Drop rate, XP boost
- maybe a booster aura that compliments the relic auras.
- maybe no tax on selling in market.
- unlimited rescrolls are nice

0 -1
Score : 294

You made me laugh with this "Full hp after battles"

0 0
Score : 81

bring back account chest;-;

0 0

you have it in ur havenbag xd and its larger

altho id still kinda prefer maeby 3 slot account chest in inventory moving bread around with alts is kinda hard now

0 0
Score : 461

Booster gives access to heros. That makes them pretty relevant.

0 0
Score : 5

Oh wow, this is actually pretty good. I love it!

0 0
Score : 216

As someone who mainly buys boosters for Heroes and very rarely for the sole purpose of entering Zinit, this update is great. This makes it easier to find people for endgame dungeons too and this is especially important in a low population server like Phaeris.

1 0

RynthZero|2020-02-21 21:28:55
They are learning, Respect gained +10. Keep it up Ankama!

another +10 from here 1st they simplified booster system and now theyre improving non booster players lifes. Kudos ankama maeby theres hope for you afterall
0 0
Score : 6335

I'm all for cleaner interface, booster or no booster.

4 0
Respond to this thread