FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Devblog: Class Changes in 2020

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - December 13, 2019, 16:00:00
Reactions 194
Score : -10

Please show some love for Eniripsa eventually, the heals seem lackluster, even if it just meant coney would be uncontrollable like in regular Dofus to give little heals. The damage seems to be decent enough as a balance with the massacuring marks passive but it's just the heals are pathetic unless you spend WP :l

1 -2
Score : 7673

The heals aren't bad. I've been an Eniripsa main since the beta and Eniripsas are the most versatile healers in the game. If you try adding spells such as traid, here and refund markto your deck you will realize that you will be able to deliver a heal anywhere in the map and keep everyone alive. Plus, never run out of WPs

1 0
Score : 4651

Bluhen|2020-04-07 20:30:22
The heals aren't bad. I've been an Eniripsa main since the beta and Eniripsas are the most versatile healers in the game. If you try adding spells such as traid, here and refund markto your deck you will realize that you will be able to deliver a heal anywhere in the map and keep everyone alive. Plus, never run out of WPs

Eniripsa heals get really strong lategame, but in the first 50 levels they are kida useless.
1 0
Score : 286

There is no more catching summons, the entire reason i joined wakfu will die sad

2 -2

You can still make your gobgob eat them, but it will just get their apperance now, not the spells

3 -2
Score : 1272

Man people love to complain lol. I think this is a healthy step forwards, especially for Feca. Any end game team suffers from not having a Feca in their group, even if they would prefer a different class. Imo Feca is long over-due for a change.

2 -1
Score : 1

Osa revamp is already up?

0 0

Nope, feca is next!

0 0

I'd like to see more passive effects added to the classes in future reworks. I really like the fact that now Foggernauts have this special mechanic where they start the fight with 0 PW and start regaining them everyturn. Maybe something similar could be added to Fecas. 

0 0

I doubt it will be exactly that as this was already tried on enutrofs so I assume they liked the idea and used it for fogers instead, so I don't think they would use the same mechanic, but I'm sure that like all the recently revamped classes that they will have a unique method of WP generation.

0 0
Score : 4348

cody5|2020-04-16 19:25:45
I doubt it will be exactly that as this was already tried on enutrofs so I assume they liked the idea and used it for fogers instead, so I don't think they would use the same mechanic, but I'm sure that like all the recently revamped classes that they will have a unique method of WP generation.

How recent is recent? Rogues WP method is  to explode bombs, Doesn't feel unique to me.

In general, They just use which ever ideas they had on mind to revamp a class. Rogue was stated to be only powerful with the passive revamp so I'll wait and see for it(I'd love if they gave us a hint to what it will be, but waiting is what we do)
0 0

I'd say since the eliotropes?
Eliotropes regen WP per turn and when getting hit, but also consume it on a toggle
Huppers regenerate WP/QB when using elemental spells
Ouginaks regenerate all WP when transforming back
Enutrofs regenerate WP from triggering gold mines
Rogues get WP by detonating bombs
Foggernauts generate 1 WP per turn and 1 per kill

Which is a lot different from how WP regen works on most other classes (most spells give you stasks of the blessing and when you get to 100 you get 1 WP)
The only classes who really stood out before was masquaraider with their Liberator

1 -1
Score : 76

Can gobgob copy boss mobs and envi mob too?

0 0

cody5|2020-04-15 17:20:10
Nope, feca is next!

Source? What's the order of the reworks?
0 0

They said they are already workin on feca and plan to make the gylph animations more flashy, like they were in closed beta.
Also that they are working on the passive reworks for 3 other classes, but I forgot which.

0 0

Hearttyace|2020-04-19 01:25:59
So since we were able to regen WP period. Because before the Deck system a good majority of classes straight up couldn't regen WP. That was like 4-5 years ago.

Rogues WP being tied to Bombs is very similar to old Sadida btw. I stand by saying "Whatever they think is good at the time". For all we know Rogue might get straight re-revamped with passives which I sort of expect since they underperform everywhere.

Also Sadida would very much benefit from that control thing, I'd love super powerful Inflatables. I just would hate if nettled mattered still. Because Inflatables are worth while if they're nettled (and nettled is only useful if you have tons of dolls which is the worst gameplay option)

Does it? I mean obviously nettling more dolls gives a bigger effect if you are using aoe nettling like green guard, but you can just manually nettle one a lot with vapourise. Shame it doesn't make them any tankier tho
0 0

Every momentum based mechanic in this game sucks, from Hydrands to nettled to bomb combos. It just simply isn't a fun mechanic to play with and is anti multiplayer. I want to summon my dolls and for people to want them. Not for people to wait and expect magic when they're buffed.

0 0

The rework on masqueraider is more bad than good

The classical mask does not need to be change nor does the coward mask what needs to be changed is the survivability if of the mask puppet it is too much of a liability when fighting alone

What should be changed is the usefulness of certain moves

As a masqueraider player I use the classic mask to deal out large amounts of dmg as a alternative to the psycho mask changing those aspects will make the dmg masqueraider does

0 0
Score : 36866

Two big things ive always advocated for a masqueraider revamp and still think need to happen are as follows 

1. Removal of the three masks as active spells, add them to the third bar similar to drhellzerker or pushed into an interface like the gobgob on osamodas (third bar is probably much more realistic). This would make room for 3 new actives for masqueraider and also help clean up their spell deck to use other useful spells. In my opinion masqueraider suffered greatly with the spell deck systems introduction. They have so many tools that you want in a fight but not enough room to use them so you're stuck pre dungeon making decisions on what you think you should get rid of only to realize mid fight that you screwed up. Some might argue that its a good thing and promotes some form of skill ceiling but I cant think of many other classes that have to make those choices.

2. Synergy between the fire branch and the air/water trees. As it stands now fire just seems left out, you get significantly more out of your single target spells over all and the aoe spells in the fire tree dont do enough damage per ap to make them worth using. Yes you can use the air tree to help position aoes for the fire tree to take advantage of but its just not worth the effort.

A final note I suppose is that I agree with the changes proposed, armor generation through the classic mask sounds amazing, psychopath mask removing resistance from enemies sounds great (people will likely still prefer enutrofs but if they can debuff multiple enemies it might help masqueraider stand out more. Would need to come at some form of sacrifice to be balanced though.)

Please just don't gut the dodge mechanic and theme, I love masqueraider being a class that uses dodge consistently as a stat and gets rewarded for it. Its always felt really unique as a concept and it also rewards the masqueraider player with rear damage potential for having large amounts of dodge when their spells aren't enough to get them to the back of an enemy.

Anyway I know this feedback is extremely late considering the post date but I hope you guys find it useful as someone who has enjoyed playing masqueraider on multiple servers since it was added to the game.

Edit: i'm an idiot and should have posted this in the masqueraider specific thread.... my apologies

1 0

I agree with everythin, except maybe dodge, because just aining damage for building a stat is powerfull but dull.
I'd rather have a passive that makes you un-lockable or gives you dodge bonuses under certain conditions (maybe coward mask active could make you unlockable for a turn?)

0 -1
Score : -3048

Honestly that looks amazing. Can't wait for indirect damage and Xelor revamps.

0 0
Score : 29

I wanted to say that i feel while you are working these passives out. I think sadida could really benefit from having a scale down in the number of dolls out at a time, but a sagnificant increase in the power of each doll.

also when you look at mechanics like nettle .... if the best play is always to summon a doll  and then nettle the doll for a doll healer you are always wasting a turn for the same exact effect over and over again and its a big time waster. why not have either a spell that summons the equivalent of a fully nettled heal doll or something.

you could in fact just make one of the passives "Sadidia starts combat with an inflatable, greedy, etc." and give bonuses to that play type and instead of having control stack more and more poorly scripted ai dolls on the board have it buff the quality of the doll and at a certain threshhold let them start with 2.
A lot of the reason people avoid sadida doll builds is action efficiency, they are always frantically trying to get dolls out and buff them faster then they get wiped off the map, or they run out of range never to be in range again.

Add some value to the individual dolls and make it more important to keep them alive(and easier). but make them durable enough that a doll sadida's whole life isn't spamming the few spells they have to keep dolls out and doing stuff. 

Some better healer doll AI would be greatly appreciated too ..... they are really dumb, frequently ignoring mortally wounded allies to go heal a clone or other doll at max or near max health..

2 0

THANK YOU. Good god I hate nettled. Also anything more than 4 dolls is terrible. I don't want 8-10 mediocre AIs, I want 4 simple AIs. If Inflatable could increase range and heal, and madoll could -range and reduce damage dealt, I'd be happy.(Mind you I don't really like the -mp on madoll, it sometimes causes me to kill my UP doll because it's so hard to control)

I avoid doll build  because time efficiency, clutter and unpredictability. Too many things on the field hamper the team more than it does the enemy(There's only 1 boss, You don't want 10 bodies around it). Lone Sadida/explodoll is equally as efficient and more useful overall. Dolls tend to increase run time, isn't fun to play with.

0 0
Score : 125

In my opinion, I am both curious and scared for the rework for osamodas. I can't wait to try to capture the dark hurl captain skin and use it for a LVL 110 summon. But I am scared because each monster can have its own playstyle. And some can have some awesome abilities / spells that give one summon a advantage over another. Event if that other one is like 5-10 lvls higher. (Example: ocushu)  it's like different classes in a way.
so let the summons rank up with you, but I and alot of others probably like different summons having different ways to play them.

cody5|2020-05-10 14:52:36
Well they did say that their current plan is to try making passives that change your summon's playstyle and give him new abilities, so while you wil loose the toolbox of having multiple different summons in one fight, you will still be able to customise one summon that scales with your level instead of dependin on what monsters you can catch in each lvl bracket

Ok (capn of the dark hurl LVL 110 here I come!!!)
but each summon has its own spells, which makes it interesting
0 0

Well they did say that their current plan is to try making passives that change your summon's playstyle and give him new abilities, so while you wil loose the toolbox of having multiple different summons in one fight, you will still be able to customise one summon that scales with your level instead of dependin on what monsters you can catch in each lvl bracket

1 -1
Score : 964

Osamodas will be losing their identity.The biggest draw is taming world monsters, with their spells and abilities. If that happens, give Osamodas characters a free class change because seriously, I cannot imagine many pleased with this. Fun should come before balance, and as far as I know, they are pretty alright as it is. Help Sadida instead with their summoner issues, no?

3 0
Score : 4408

Summons have long since lost their luster man. It's "fun" but honestly they've been nerfing summons forever and to top it off the new content they've been releasing over the years has been sad. We are dictated on what we can and cannot capture based on their balancing team. We are given poor excuses of enemies to command and the number of new creatures we can obtain has dwindled ever since wabbit island ( I should clarify' AFTER Wabbit island'). One mob for each area. One. it's been like that since the saharash content. A far cry from how the game use to be. But they learned their lessons after chillberg and wabbit island. Their idea of what balance is, is what spoiled things for summons.

I'm the worst. I'd say to hell with everything and let us capture almost anything are sharts desire. Most bosses who aren't "people" come to mind... Ultimate bosses are a no too... but we don't need any of that. Options are always nice. Sure there's a nice myriad of creatures spanning from various stages of content on similar level caps but a large amount of their species are out of our reach for the sake of balance. And that blows.

This new change will limit the class's prior hook and creative potential but honestly a utility mob that can shift to meet our needs is more interesting than anything they've given us to capture so far since they've been allowing us to capture neutered counterparts of actual enemies. I'm for the change but if I like it or not depends on how interesting the mechanics of our summon will be. If it's generic as hell I'll be sad but i'd get over it if they'd do more with the gobgob alongside this.

0 0
Score : 3062

welp I decided to check how Wakfu is doing after all those years and I see that they play to gut summoner/pokemon master Osa into generic 1 summon only.... and summoner will be support class xD

oof. I remember how much dramas and negative responses such kind of idea bring few years ago and yet they decided to go with that

1 0
Score : 3084

Th3LimiT|2020-06-18 13:06:42
Osamodas will be losing their identity.The biggest draw is taming world monsters, with their spells and abilities. If that happens, give Osamodas characters a free class change because seriously, I cannot imagine many pleased with this. Fun should come before balance, and as far as I know, they are pretty alright as it is. Help Sadida instead with their summoner issues, no?

I agree with this. I have no trust in Ankama's way of handling this kind of big class changes. It is like changing a Dark Knight (which is a tank class) to a healer in Final Fantasy XIV (The equilavant of changing a Sacrier to an Eniripsa). These suggested changes are too big, I hate the idea that my damage dealer becomes a support class as if we don't have enough of those already.
You talk about class balance to justify these changes, and yet I don't see you ever changing core gameplay of your beloved classes such as Sacrier and Iop like this ever, and they have always been overpowered. They are allowed to be overpowered, meanwhile Osa has seen many nerfs and changes over the years in name of balance, why is that?

Since you never listen to your player base and are adamant with murdering Osa, at least give us a class change scroll after you implement these changes.

I understand that you (Ankama) are struggling with balancing the summons for this class, but instead of embracing that struggle (which is your job as a developer) and finding a way to balance the summons (which you have been able to until now) you want go the easist way and change the class entirely.

Honestly (I might quit the game forever and never look back after this), I am really disheartened to play the game when these changes are applied. I love my Osa and have been playing this game on and off since beta. I am an Osa main since the very first day this class came out in Beta, I remember the excitement I had that day. Fast forward to this day, you have changed this class so many times over the years that I have lost count, we are not an overpowered class neither the weakest. Other than giving earth spells some love the class needs only minor tweaks/changes here and there, not these suggested ridiculous changes which will change the core gameplay of this class.

2 0
Score : 3031

I agree. My main is sadida, not one of the top classes, never got that much attention. Being a doll build is fun, but pvp can be fun .. until I go up against a Huppermage, or a good Eliotrope. My dolls just get obliterated, can't do much, my gameplay is left empty in those instances.

I know Ankama NEVER ever listens to the feedback, OR they do BUT they only take into consideration those who already support the proposed changes. That ain't working, didn't work, doesn't work, will never work.

I'm sure pvp will return without any protection for those who don't want it. Pvp made many quit Wakfu and will most certainly do again, because a few toxic players got nothing better to do but to gank weaker players.

We'll see what happens. But I'm sure it won't be pretty and as always only a minority will enjoy the changes and Ankama will claim "see, there are plenty of players who like this!".. keep on dreaming.

3 0

I am a player and fan of the Xelor, Foggernaut and the Osamodas classes. Throughout my years in gaming I love playing anything that could summon stuff and that probably comes from my roots in strategy games where one controls many pieces.
-Osamodas: I can understand being a programmer myself that balancing a summoning class is a royal pain, but the spirit of summoning comes from the performance and value of the summons themeselves to the somewhat detriment of their summoner. Knowing the summons are limited damages that spirit. I would have even been fine if you made it that all summons have very similar stats and slightly different abilities to keep it balanced, then just removing the opportunity to summon creatures I've always wanted on my side. I would have been fine with reskins of the same stat block. Not ideal but at least the spirit of being a summoner is still there.
-Xelor: This is my favorite class. The teleporting time wizard. Before I ever heard about these patch notes, one huge issue that I despised was being a ranged glass cannon that can be stabilized. I understand that melee classes need to do this to fight ranged classes, but when they stabilize themselves and your ranged guy? That mean 1 or 2 turns of free damage and little for you. That reason alone has made playing Xelor frustrating for me, knowing that a sacrier can jump in,  do that, and I can't do much about it. What is the point of a xelors positioning against such a crippling effect? Stabilizing one or the other is fine but both makes playing ranged feel inevitably doomed. 
-Foggernaut:I love the class but haven't playing it enough to justify whatever opinion I may have on it.
Sacrier: I don't play them but I have some words. They at everywhere, they are hard to kill and kill very well aswell. I don't know if this one is a personal bias but I've seen sacriers fight with me in dungeons and they are just more effective than every build I've tried so far. They pull off more damage and survivability with less and unrewarding effort. I recall a 1v1 I had with one using an old Xelor of mine. I had to put in maximum effort to avoid terrible damage while all they needed to do was "go forward and hit". I know that Xelor is a high difficulty class and Sacrier is low but I feel like it shouldn't be 'that' easy for them to pull off their maximum effectiveness. I hear sacriers say often how quickly they get bored of the same movements over and over and I feel for their sake that they need to be rewarded for skillful play and in a xelors sake rewarding skillful play in a way that can make both feel more impactful without making things unfair for either.
Given all that and now hearing that xelors are getting a reduction now makes me feel a little depressed honestly. I hope this revamp is a revamp and not a nerf. Seeing other characters with superior power to me in the same level has gone beyond frustrating for me. 
​​​​
I hope I helped with my comments. I tried to not be biased in any way and I hope I wasn't and sorry if I was. 
​​​I do really enjoy this game but I'm starting to play more for the friends and emotes than the game play. I always feel weak in comparison to the classes I refuse to play. Pve is great. Pvp I just find to be painful and I am not going to make a sacrier to fix that.
​​​​​​

0 0

I agree, just would like to mention that sacriers are overpowered in 1v1, but they are ment to be that way as they are a frontliner, of course they will be strong in an 1v1, unlike a glass cannon like xelor who needs to be protected by teammates

0 0
Respond to this thread