FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Devblog: Class Changes in 2020

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - December 13, 2019, 16:00:00
Reactions 194
Score : 83

Since there are gonna be more passives for all classes. Is there gonna be a passive for huppermage to have a higher QB cap?

0 0
Score : 4881

Um, doesn't Sensextension already raise your max QB?
Also any WP gear.

1 -1
Score : 1

cody5 i mean the cap if you get those gears and passive its max is 999

0 0

Oh, I didn't know there even was a cap, that's strange

0 -1
Score : 176

Good idea ankama. Come break fogger LAST abylity and kill stasis attack. Why Iop ALWAYS GODLY POWERFUL and fogger already being dead got nerfed? WHY?

1 -3

They are gonna give him new spells, obviously

1 -1
Score : 263

I understand balance changes. I think as long as you don’t forget the initial draw of the classes, this will go smoothly. Restricting Osamodas from a business perspective is understandable. I can’t imagin how costly it can be. HOWEVER, the initial draw of a summoner Is to summon different creatures. I feel like you all have anticipated this issue. I hope that in time, you will find a middle ground, because setting too many restrictions, and limiting too many options really kills the drive to play a class. I also hope this inspires you to help summoning classes without destroying the unique essence that inspired players to play to begin with.

3 0
Score : 1242

Meanwhile
This is sadida

+

That's the real extent of sadida. Not its summoning at all.
2 -4
Score : 4393

the Osamodas summon changes described are....exactly what I thought you'd guys eventually do. Being able to copy monster appearances with gobgob is a stellar idea....though I feel like if it's just their likeness we should have access to any monster even bosses appearances.

1 0
Score : 865

What will be the condition for foggers to deal stasis damage?
Can it be like, when you are in foggernator mode (and turret mode maybe?), your spells deal stasis damage? Like this will be be simple I reckon what do you think?

cody5|2019-12-20 19:31:13
They're not gonna remove any of the branches tho, you kan keep being an earth fire fogger even if they add a new element

So you mean we're mostly not gonna use water branch? I need more informations about these reworks, please Ankama xD
0 -1

Undecided yet, but it will probably not be that, since they plan to make fogginator be a spell that supports earth spells and turret support for fire.

If you have an idea for it, feel free to suggest it

0 0
Score : 4

First I'm sorry for my bad English sad
I like playing Osa because I can explore and capture new monster when I level up. I don't understand how you revamp Osa summon, can you explain it to me ? Osa will now have one summon (like Sadida doll ?) and that summon can change its appearance like another monster. Ex: my summon change appearance to Wild Gobball, does it have Wild Gobball's skill ? or just the appearance ?

0 -1

Your gobgob will be able to transform it's appearance into any monster you catch, but will have unique spells and you will be able to customise his stats and spells with passives

1 -2

LucaTran|2020-02-12 04:28:24
Oh man, I played both Osa and Sadida, I found out my Sadida is slower but more effective than my Osa, especially in a dungeon with a long fight. But finally I go with Osa because it's more fun to catch different monsters, and now they want to change my Osa to something like Sadida sad

Not really, osamodas will still only have 1 summon unlike sadida who summons swarms.
0 -3
Score : 23

Good night Osa. we had a good run playing pokemon master. Guess when this is all done he'll be going to sleep for another 8 years.

3 -2
Score : 12

same i'd be a real shame taking the capturing ability away ;-;

1 0

Melonnissise|2019-12-14 04:12:08
It looks that way because these are the top classes in dungeons.
Which is why I would've preferred if they balanced the BOTTOM classes first. This would have a more positive effect on the community and how the community view changes to feca/xelor/osa (the best of the best).

Yup they did. Fogger needs WP for stasis but starts with 0 WP xDDDDD
Even blockade needs WP and turret shoot only in a line now... At this point it's not even a nerf anymore
1 -1
Score : 3902

There is a passive to start with WP at the cost of some HP cut out off you. Still, you won't really need any wp spell on the FIRST TURN of the fight yet, for tanking capabilities, you will be full health and armoured, plus Stomp providing more armor if you feel insecure of burst damage. next turn, here's 1 WP to do whatever you want. As for turrets, thats a fair nerf to such a huge capable tool for damage.

0 0

Here's an idea: What if instead of random enviroment monsters, the Osa's capturable monsters were bosses? They are more unique and interesting to look at and being less numerous, allows more careful though in perhaps each boss giving a unique ability to the summon. Or at least tier-based bosses, so, lets say, all bosses from 141 dungeons give the same ability.

0 -1

Tht would probably be even more annoying to balance, due to all bosses havin really diverse and powerful spells, i mean monsters you have now already have their special spells disabled so they aren't too complicated.

0 0
Score : 4289

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

The revamp of the Osamodas would be accompanied by a revamp of the Control characteristic. The theory is: 1 Control point = 10% damage/heals and 50 Resistance for of the controller's Summons. The number of Summons on the battlefield would simply depend on capabilities on a case-by-case basis (for example: 1 Coney, 4 Beacons, 4 Portals, etc.). Class passives would increase this number, still on a case-by-case basis. You'd have minimum and maximum Control caps, and Control could even go into the negative.

Just read this part

Did someone at Ankama finally start to play the game? Do they finally understand the problem with summons in this game? This would solve the Sadida problem. Especially if (Which seems to  be the trend) Dolls are capped at 4. and are actually individually useful 
1 0
Score : 2068

they are capped at 4 per ultrapowerful, up to control

0 0

Hearttyace|2020-03-06 12:24:23
I'm probably going to add an Osa to my team with the static summons because they seem kind of cool in comparison to always capturing new summons just  have them nerfed to generic so they're no OP.

The rework doesn't actually plan to give you generic summons, you will only have 1 summon, but you will be able to give the summon diferent spells and stats with passives (so you will be able to have the summon work in any role, but can only do 1 role per fight)
0 0

That sounds far less fun than the generic summons idea.

I had an idea of having a chafer archer for ranged, now that idea sounds so damn lame. How you going to go from unlimited summons types to 1? That's just disrespectful. Atleast give us different monster families for different roles. That was if a new mob of said family comes out we can steal their appearance(JUST THE APPEARANCE SO NO BALANCE ISSUES) and feel new again.

Exxo-Turn|2020-03-06 16:07:04
they are capped at 4 per ultrapowerful, up to control

That still has no real limit you realise that as much as I do. comparatively to Rogues bomb's, simply because their upper limit is so high their turn to turn output is lower than it should and need to be to be competitive. Not to mention, nettled is a bad mechanic. 
0 0

well the summon will be your gobgob, which you can reskin and i'm sure there will be a passive to make him ranged

0 0

Granthese|2020-03-06 18:52:00
There is a passive to start with WP at the cost of some HP cut out off you. Still, you won't really need any wp spell on the FIRST TURN of the fight yet, for tanking capabilities, you will be full health and armoured, plus Stomp providing more armor if you feel insecure of burst damage. next turn, here's 1 WP to do whatever you want. As for turrets, thats a fair nerf to such a huge capable tool for damage.

We are talking about a DPS character not a tank. Do you know any DPS that cannot damage in their first turn? + the passive you are talking about is useless first turn you can't even do a full combo with it like you used to
0 -1

" Do you know any DPS that cannot damage in their first turn? "  Uuuh, since when fogger can't deal dmg without WP? He only got 3 dmg spells that need WP, the rest can be used whenever he want. WP is not supposed to be eaten like candy unless you're a class like Huppermage and Eliotrope that fluctuate WP every turn. Fogger's WP usage is supposed to be more sporadic, more special and though of, something that you REALLY need to do instead of "oh, I think I'll use this WP spell, no reason, I just like this spell"

0 -1

Mael28|2020-03-07 00:32:52

Granthese|2020-03-06 18:52:00

We are talking about a DPS character not a tank. Do you know any DPS that cannot damage in their first turn? + the passive you are talking about is useless first turn you can't even do a full combo with it like you used to

Rogue? Iop?
2 0

Piercing shot by it self deals more damage than every single ranged class first turn. It's after that is when Rogue is weird. Also kind of cheating because Rogue is kind of a really bad class right now.

Iop is literally the strongest melee class first turn bar maybe Ouginak I dunno I don't see them often.

A better example of this would've been Sacrier, or Huppermage. It's not that they "can't" deal damage first turn, it's just rather just not their weakest turns in the fight. Actually now thinking about it Osa could be there too.

0 0

Granthese|2020-03-07 18:57:34
" Do you know any DPS that cannot damage in their first turn? "  Uuuh, since when fogger can't deal dmg without WP? He only got 3 dmg spells that need WP, the rest can be used whenever he want. WP is not supposed to be eaten like candy unless you're a class like Huppermage and Eliotrope that fluctuate WP every turn. Fogger's WP usage is supposed to be more sporadic, more special and though of, something that you REALLY need to do instead of "oh, I think I'll use this WP spell, no reason, I just like this spell"

Since when? Since the rework lol. Before you could boom with heart of stasis twice now you can't because the same spell is 2 turns couldown now and stasis branch needs WP.  alright other branchs can deal damages but it's not optimal. If you compare to a Cra that doesn't need hard conditions such as stealing WP to get a decent burst damage few turns laters.
0 0
Score : 682

Everyone else is saying it, but why not balance the lower classes first so they actually stand a shot? Or how about make eni actually fun to play instead of just necessary? Maybe fix Sadida? idk but I feel like there are classes that could use a revamp more than masq and feca...

2 0

Because that would be a nightmare.

Eca and Masq would full heal people every turn and damage like an IOP, Sacrier and Fogger would be killing mobs while tanking, Xelor would be giving 5 ap while dealing full damage.

As a side note, this thread has been loaded with "Finally, they nerf feca" I don't know who everyone is but Feca is actually better than the best classes in the game. Eni can be replaced by Sadida and see similar results in a 6 man dungeon. You can not replace Feca and see similar clear speeds, Fecas buffs are worth  as much as  -200 resist removal, That's 2 classes in one. No 1 class can do something that, Eni can't fill an Osa's buffs in while healing. Eni is great because it fills one role really well. Enu is similar as well as Sacrier. They're very replaceable 

I agree though, kind of nonsense that they haven't fixed Sadida/Rogue/Masq first. Heck even a Xelor fix would be cool, and I think Xelor is strong, probably the one of the strongest.

1 -1
Score : 843

I'm very much interested at the prospect of Osamodas getting the ability to control more than one Monster, I've always craved having more than one summon, or even an Army of them!

Depending on the Buffs and Passives it will be a force to be reckoned!!!

Looking forward to the Osa Revamp!

I can already see making an Osa spamming lots of Rats, and I will call him Pied the Piper.

Really possible given that we can take on a Monster's Appearance too!

0 -1

Um no? They said they will only have 1 summon like before, just that it will be a more customizable summon.

If you want a pied piper class, play a sadida

3 -1
Score : 12

as long as i still get to catch summons and feel like a pokemon master i'm cool with the changes on osa

0 0
Respond to this thread