FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Devblog: The Haven Bag Chest is Changing

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - November 13, 2019, 12:30:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker

Throughout the updates, new items have been gradually added to the game, and it is becoming harder and harder for players to store them efficiently.

For this reason, for update 1.66 we decided to overhaul the chest feature of the Haven Bag in order to make storing items better and easier for all players (regardless of booster status).

One chest to store them all

Our goal is to offer a much more efficient and flexible storage system that allows you to stock many more items.

The current account chest (60 slots, for accounts with active boosters only) will be no more: the new version of the Haven Bag chest is replacing it.

The Haven Bag chest is an account chest, in other words it will be shared by all the characters on the account (to make transfers among them easier).
Its minimum capacity has been increased considerably, going from 14 slots to 3 tabs with 100 slots (for all accounts, booster or not).

The new Haven Bag chest works better. You can rename the tabs and organize them by color, their positions are interchangeable, and you can perform a search from inside a tab.

Expansion

Additional tabs (having 100 slots) will be available for purchase in the store for 4,000 ogrines.(they will replace additional ikiakits).
These additional tabs will become permanently unlocked and do not depend on boosters.
The maximum number of tabs an account can have is currently 80 (this limit will increase in the long term).

Transition

• All accounts that bought a booster between November 13, 2018, and December 10, 2019 (10:00 AM Paris time), will receive one extra tab for free when Version 1.66 is rolled out.
  • The Starter Pack will now include one extra tab (once the update is released).
  • The total number of slots in the Haven Bag chests of all characters on an account is being totaled during the transition:
    • If the number is less than or equal to 300 → the account will have 300 slots in its Haven Bag chest.
    • If the number is greater than 300 → the account will have a number of slots rounded up to the nearest hundred.
      • Example: 795 slots before Update 1.66 → 800 slots after Update 1.66.

Q & A

Why do away with the account chest?

The current account chest is only accessible to players who have a booster, and using it is particularly problematic when characters are no longer using a booster (they cannot use this storage space).

We don't want to force players to have to permanently use a booster just because they've become dependent on storage space. It's not an optimal feature for a free-to-play game where players are supposed to be able to play the game without having to constantly invest in services.

Why the need to go into the Haven Bag to access the chest?

We don't wish to offer players a portable inventory (that follows the character without constraint) of a potentially unlimited size; we consider that it would be too "powerful" of a monetized advantage.

There will be potentially unlimited storage space in the Haven Bag chest because the purchase of tabs is nearly unlimited (up to 60 tabs and this restriction will be increased in the long run).

We are willing to offer nearly unlimited storage capacity if it is not instantly accessible and without any constraints.

For these reasons, we have chosen to concentrate storage in the Haven Bag chest, which is not accessible from anywhere and requires a few seconds to access.

We believe these reasonable, minimum constraints are needed to draw a line between rapid, limited storage that can be accessed from anywhere (character inventories) and potentially unlimited storage with some constraints (Haven Bag chests).

Devblog Article Update

This article was updated on November 22, 2019.
We carefully read all the feedback from the community and decided to revise the compensation arrangements for characters who bought Ikiakits using ogrines or got them in the game.
These arrangements will be made available when version 1.66 is rolled out.

This article was updated on December 10, 2019.

First Ankama intervention

Replying to Riversol

Hi,

We will reduce the frequency of the NPC animations in a next patch. We'll also see if we can turn down the sound of the chest and the NPC.

Siu.

See message in context
Reactions 64
Score : 8954

BEST. UPDATE. In a long time.
... ...
Oh, wait, that means instead of 5 chars with a fully unlocked haven Bag Chest each PLUS a full account Chest i will "only" have slots for 200 items??? *sigh* Nevermind my initial euphoria...

Will there be a time limitation on those only-withdraw- tabs?

5 0
Score : 67

yeah i read it sideways too. this is a cashgrab desguised as a "rework"

1 0
Score : 89

invented another thing to sell in shop *sigh

8 0
Score : 61

If you have 5 characters with fully unlocked haven bag chests, plus the 60 slots you get with the current account chest, that's 795 slots of total storage. That system is being replaced with a system that if you didn't buy ikiakits, will at most give you 400 slots of storage, if you used a booster within the listed timeframe. If you don't use a booster within that time, your account's total storage will be reduced to less than half of what it was. If I had to guess, that would be why they did the temporary tabs for the transition, because if you have 5 characters with maxed out and filled haven bag chests, regardless of whether you have your account chest filled, your items still wouldn't fit into the new storage system they're implementing. I like how they're making it so transferring items between characters on your account isn't a hassle without a booster, but it shouldn't come at the cost of taking away storage space people have already unlocked, and only giving them materials which can no longer serve the purpose for which they were originally crafted to fit.

Enceladon|2019-11-13 05:54:28
With this patch, I will loose around 1100 slots on my main accounts haven bag chests and get compensated with 400 slots. To get the missing slots, I would have to pay 28000 ogrines, which are worth a bit more than 4 months of hero booster. The basic idea of the storage is nice, but you definitely can't compesate me with this laughable amount of slots and mats for ikiakits that are completely useless without them.

This is like forcing us to pay for stuff, we could get for free previously.

It's not just like forcing us to pay for stuff we could have gotten for free, in some cases it's taking stuff people already had access to (the ability to store a large amount of items and take what you want and put things back as you please), and locking it behind a paywall
6 0
Score : 6559

With this patch, I will loose around 1100 slots on my main accounts haven bag chests and get compensated with 400 slots. To get the missing slots, I would have to pay 28000 ogrines, which are worth a bit more than 4 months of hero booster. The basic idea of the storage is nice, but you definitely can't compesate me with this laughable amount of slots and mats for ikiakits that are completely useless without them.

This is like forcing us to pay for stuff, we could get for free previously.

Besides this sentence: "Throughout the updates, new items have been gradually added to the game, and it is becoming harder and harder for players to store them efficiently." Seriously, you reduce my storage space, not increase it and you dare to justify it with increased amount of items added? 

11 0
Score : 812

Sorry for the people that have millions of itens but for me this is amazing news smile

1 -6
Score : 3

Oh come on guys! This is a nice thing for many players, not everyone has X accounts with fully unlocked haven bags... Plus you get the possibility of transferring up to 400 items directly between characters for free, which you couldn´t do before that... Of course it is not a perfect solution, and the "richest" among us (myself probably included if we are only speaking of the number of available storage slots) will have to organize differently, maybe buy a tab or two... but for most players this is making the game more attractive and easier to start. Isn´t it what we all want in the end? To see more players playing the game with us? Also this update includes something we have been asking for for a long time: inventory organization, with a search possibility, moving tabs around, naming them... It is not perfect, for sure. But I guess what I´m saying is: at the end of the day it´s a positive change for many of us smile

4 -6
Score : -61

Nice smile

1 -4
Score : 468

One minor, but significant thing that would be great to change is if the NPC in the haven bag could be silenced, so players can re-organize their chest stuff with just haven-bag music - without that NPC constantly making noises.

13 0
Score : 2294

This!!! I like it so much. 

1 0
Score : 2294

Oh my Wakfu !!! Finally that dream become real in this Kwismas!!! Thank you!

0 0
Score : 4231

Good concept, I would like to see a more equivalent increase space amount for those who already have past the small number they are giving out, because it is now shared space between characters (which is nice because easier to sort), would fill up fast for those who had all their character's with unlocked chests slots already full. If they do have that situation then its no different than the current system, where they would be locked out of the storage to put things back in until they resubbed/bought new slots.

and if I read this correctly,  you would only get 2slots with a total of 200 spaces if you were subbed, for all your characters to share. 

Reminds me of another shared chest system with imposed limits I wonder how Fallout76 turned out with that choice :pensive

4 0
Score : 210

The Nox server thanks you the few left we are. XD

0 -3
Score : -4638

More should be done for people who invested in Ikiakits.

Every other new update is being used to take away players time investments and progression

Sooner or later Ankama is going to go after player's Kamas in the name of improving the game

What are you going to do for the players who made the time investments to level up professions, for the purpose of making Ikiakits? Literally going after some players means of earning Kamas 

5 -1

agreed. this is stupid. yet people who purchased ikiakits with ogrines get the upgrade for a reduced price? XD wtf they paid less, for less storage, and now are getting upgraded, for free, to 100 slots? T.T please tell me  how tf that makes sense.
what about concerrent boosters? i purchased 3 months not log ago, when my second month begins will i recieve the storage? or only if i BUY a NEW sub between november 13- whenever?

1 -1
Score : 80

nice update, but buying booster is a personal choice, nobody is "forced". so why do you remove account chest?? its much more convenient than open a haven bag. maybe this update is friendly to most players, but how about people who have a large storage? please consider of it.

3 0
Score : 1417

Players who have purchased ikeakits with ogrines will receive 1 additional chest tab per ikiakit.

​​​​​​​I have a question... what If I have bought ikiakits in different servers? Will I receive the +tabs for the total amount of kit bought? 
0 0

Yes.

Score : 5342

I agree, I am completely excited about upgrading my inventory capacity, but the initial reduction of available space without investing in buying more slots 'just to have as much as we used to have' is a big no-no. Could that please be looked at? (I literally can't even put back all the stuff floating otherwise, which doesn't make sense)

1 0
Score : 5342

Just calculated: I've got a few accounts, and they would all suffer from the initial shrinkage - I need to put out around 100 euros by the looks of it just to get all the space back I'm missing! A bit absurd.

1 0
Score : 123

Why don't give more pages for those players who crafted ikiakit? Maybe um page for 2 ikiakit used

2 0
Score : 1417

That would be good even if it was like one page per  3~4 kits. 

0 0
Score : 10825

Hey I would just to add that the only positive aspect of the change is having stuff movable from char to char due to chest. Tho I will lost almost 500 slots thru change. 
It's huge hit for me as a hoarder, crafter and als player. I have builds on lvl 50,65,80,95,110,125,140,170 and 200, I collect materials from all of these ranges bc I want to expand and make more builds on more classes, I also have all proffesion maxed so I keep all stuff in that place as well.

Team wakfu is very proud of als system, and advertise it a lot by hosting the boss smasher event for example and keep relesign new lower lvl duns (nation, pandalucia, sadida). So my question is if u want us players to play the game, why u shot yourself in foot and take away space for us to keep stuff we want to improve? It's just mean cashgrab, taking away ~~500 of my slots and give me option to buy them back for 12Euro, when I get the chest expantion already. And only what I will get in return are mats, that I wont have space to keep in... really?

Above I post current amount of duns on different lvl tiers. All these duns x3 mats normal, mob rare, boss rare. all proffesion mats tier lvl 0,5,10,15,...120 have at least 2 mats, normal and rare, herbal, lumber and farmer also have seeds. There are also things like glou, transumts, equipments, sublis, seals and many other items no metter if used for craft or keep for sentiment as krosmaster figurines or quest items.

There is group of ppl who claim that chest expand for all chars is thing for "elite" and I cant even find more false comment. u can buy all of them for ~~400.000 kamas on my server, if u have lvl of handyman u can buy mats for at least 1/2 of that price and craft them yourself. from single 80 epic like Walder mask I can get 900.000 and it's from really cool and simple dungeon that dont need to be run on any high stasis. Everyone can afford that money by doing basic in game content. sometimes one epic/relic sublimation sold can cover all that cost. Tho ppl play whiteknights and tell that they preffer 400 slots shared on all chars then sum of 800 for basic 5 char account.

Im really sorry, it's being lazy. Nothing else then being lazy and looking for easy explanation to justify being lazy.

Some ppl told me that not everybody is like me, not everybody play on many ranges. Okey, so even out the amount of slots we have now shouldnt be a problem for them, they wouldnt use them. But let me discuss this topic and dont stop me. Bc this change hurts many ppl that acctually play the game, and not crash or sell all mats right away. I like to hoard stuff bc I know it will be usefull in future.

I play the game for a long years, I have a lot of stuff, I play als, I play endgame, I have a lot of resourses. This change is a ugly slap in my face from the wakfu team. Bc what I can do now?
Buy extention and support that stupid idea, that take away what I got with my time, or make 3-4 new alts to keep all my stuff there and log multilpe characters and lose time on trade to get the result. And when developer on beta discord ironicly suggest such an option or say that we will have one slot in chest that will contain items that were in our chest before but we will be able only to take out items not put in. And the same person says that it's perfectly fair. Im sorry, let's end this clownfiest. It's laughing in my face and avoiding anwsering problem.

u can collect around ~~5000 items in game + equips that u want to left for rerolls and upgrades for future als builds etc. And no I dont make that ~~5000 items, let me qoute Siu anwser on franch part of the beta discord 

*edit to above screen
even after this calculation its ~~1300+ items, not counting the space occupied by equpis both stacked and identified, also not counting that u can have more stacks then one 9999 of certain item

Wakfu team is smart, and I know that they know this change isnt good. And probably Karen from Ankama marketing told them to rise the sells in last quartal or they wont get christmas bonus... but c'mon let's be decent and stop with clownfiesta.
12 0

SirPercedal|2019-11-13 19:13:31
Hey I would just to add that the only positive aspect of the change is having stuff movable from char to char due to chest. Tho I will lost almost 500 slots thru change. 
It's huge hit for me as a hoarder, crafter and als player. I have builds on lvl 50,65,80,95,110,125,140,170 and 200, I collect materials from all of these ranges bc I want to expand and make more builds on more classes, I also have all proffesion maxed so I keep all stuff in that place as well.

Team wakfu is very proud of als system, and advertise it a lot by hosting the boss smasher event for example and keep relesign new lower lvl duns (nation, pandalucia, sadida). So my question is if u want us players to play the game, why u shot yourself in foot and take away space for us to keep stuff we want to improve? It's just mean cashgrab, taking away ~~500 of my slots and give me option to buy them back for 12Euro, when I get the chest expantion already. And only what I will get in return are mats, that I wont have space to keep in... really?

Above I post current amount of duns on different lvl tiers. All these duns x3 mats normal, mob rare, boss rare. all proffesion mats tier lvl 0,5,10,15,...120 have at least 2 mats, normal and rare, herbal, lumber and farmer also have seeds. There are also things like glou, transumts, equipments, sublis, seals and many other items no metter if used for craft or keep for sentiment as krosmaster figurines or quest items.

There is group of ppl who claim that chest expand for all chars is thing for "elite" and I cant even find more false comment. u can buy all of them for ~~400.000 kamas on my server, if u have lvl of handyman u can buy mats for at least 1/2 of that price and craft them yourself. from single 80 epic like Walder mask I can get 900.000 and it's from really cool and simple dungeon that dont need to be run on any high stasis. Everyone can afford that money by doing basic in game content. sometimes one epic/relic sublimation sold can cover all that cost. Tho ppl play whiteknights and tell that they preffer 400 slots shared on all chars then sum of 800 for basic 5 char account.

Im really sorry, it's being lazy. Nothing else then being lazy and looking for easy explanation to justify being lazy.

Some ppl told me that not everybody is like me, not everybody play on many ranges. Okey, so even out the amount of slots we have now shouldnt be a problem for them, they wouldnt use them. But let me discuss this topic and dont stop me. Bc this change hurts many ppl that acctually play the game, and not crash or sell all mats right away. I like to hoard stuff bc I know it will be usefull in future.

I play the game for a long years, I have a lot of stuff, I play als, I play endgame, I have a lot of resourses. This change is a ugly slap in my face from the wakfu team. Bc what I can do now?
Buy extention and support that stupid idea, that take away what I got with my time, or make 3-4 new alts to keep all my stuff there and log multilpe characters and lose time on trade to get the result. And when developer on beta discord ironicly suggest such an option or say that we will have one slot in chest that will contain items that were in our chest before but we will be able only to take out items not put in. And the same person says that it's perfectly fair. Im sorry, let's end this clownfiest. It's laughing in my face and avoiding anwsering problem.

u can collect around ~~5000 items in game + equips that u want to left for rerolls and upgrades for future als builds etc. And no I dont make that ~~5000 items, let me qoute Siu anwser on franch part of the beta discord 

Wakfu team is smart, and I know that they know this change isnt good. And probably Karen from Ankama marketing told them to rise the sells in last quartal or they wont get christmas bonus... but c'mon let's be decent and stop with clownfiesta.

here we go. now that you know your playerbase arent total idiots wanna take this havenbag update bs down and try again? cant wait to hear about how your going to destroy haven worlds even more then we thought possible. (because they already are trash to obtain and keep)

2 0
Score : 754

Alright math time:

-New minimum starting storage will be 3 tabs of 100, current system with all ikiakits unlocked allows up to 147. So 300 is bigger than 147 however I have 5 chars in one account which means realistically I have 735 storage of free ikiakits space vs 300 of account storage, and I’ll be also losing 60 from account chest. (795-300= 495 lost storage).
-moving on, Inventory:
——— I have 30 storage given at start of game, add 3 cawwottete(30 spaces each) and 2 Adventure boxes(50 each) and I have a total of 220 items of storage in my main’s inventory and I’m often deleting stuff to make space. That’s just my main
-I have 4 more chars that if geared into sub storage space I can have 180-220 more storage. 180*4=720.....220*4=880.
So in total for my first Wakfu account I could have 920-1100 storage space.
Compared to the initial(starting new amount of 300 I’d say I’m losing 620-800 spaces which means I would have to buy 6-8 additional tabs, well technically I will be given 1 free tab because I purchased a booster within the time state about so that means I’ll need 5-7 additional tabs.
Which come down to 20,000 OG-28,000 OG if I want to go back to par.

My thoughts about it: this just sounds like a scam to make a profit and earn some green.

Why not just tell the players: gimme money

My suggestion sounds better than whoever came it with such lame way to get extra cash. I had suggested that Ankama does not apply a limit on the ikiakit spaces. If the dark(unstorageable)spaces were to be unlocked rather than keep them locked then we would have 50 additional spaces per tab. The minimum given give 14 each (28 total). There are 7 ikiakits for a total of 350 possible storage space and would be for free. Trust me 350 spaces would be enough for all (5) characters to have. I do like the idea of linked because I won’t have to move items needing a second account but erasing the account chest does not sound appealing. Maybe they could have sold additional 50-space tabs rather than make this more complicated than it is.

[big edit]
Sorry if I got confused over this, I was just told that the update doesn’t interfere with inventory space. If so then we don’t have to put inventory numbers into this.
Let’s re calculate:
-147 spaces fit in the haven bag chest but that’s the current system, the new system will start at 300 plus additional space if you have booster or bought ikiakits with ogrine.
(147)*5 char=735...plus account space of 60=
795 total space for 5 char as compared to 300+additional for new syste. In my case I’m getting 100 additional spaces from booster so I’d only be losing 335 spaces whic I could take back in about 12,000 OG to 16,000 OG.

3 0
Respond to this thread