FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Devblog: Sadida Kingdom

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - November 04, 2019, 16:15:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker
Update 1.66 is revamping the Sadida Kingdom. But it's more than a revamp: It's simply an enormous amount of work on a new island. Greater and more sophisticated, the Sadida Kingdom pays tribute to the WAKFU animated series.

Our Aim

Green, imposing and royal: The Sadida Kingdom is an iconic place in the World of Twelve. In the series, it is Princess Amalia's cradle, but also the source of conflict in Season 1, where the first battle against Nox takes place.

Our underlying goal was therefore to make this iconic place as great again as it deserves to be.

We've made a lot of changes and introduced many new ideas.

This involved to strong cooperation from a graphic, game design and level design point of view. We thoroughly overhauled several aspects in order to give this island a strong identity in the game.

A lot of thought was clearly put in around the Transmedia angle. From the television series, we wanted to be able to adapt the fauna, flora, history and atmosphere of the Sadida Kingdom so as to remain as faithful as possible to what already existed. This means you can find the Sadida village, the royal palace with its throne room, the military HQ, as well as Amalia's room, but also the prison and many other places fans of the series will be familiar with.

Cartoon
Game
Cartoon
Game
Cartoon
Game
Cartoon
Game

You'll find:

• Four new zones:
    • The Boowolf Clearing
    • The Web-Entangled Hill
    • The Deforested Forest
    • The Gerbean Galleries
  • Four distinct monster families, including two new ones
  • Four related dungeons
  • New resources
  • As well as new NPCs

Four New Distinct Zones

The Sadida Kingdom is divided into four distinct zones that are home to each of the four monster families (including two new ones), and therefore four quite distinct environments with four dungeons.

We want how these zones are constructed to be coherent within each segment of the island. Adapting what's in the series and possible ways of interpreting this in the game therefore had to be in harmony with one another.

Arachnees and Boowolves

They already existed in the game, but the Arachnee and Boowolf families have been completely overhauled to integrate them into this new island more easily, both visually and in terms of their design, combat mechanics and characteristics.

This is especially the case for the radioactive Arachnees, which didn't necessarily fit with the environment of the Sadida Kingdom and the new identity we want to give it. This means you can discover them in a completely different form!

Arachnoshima
New Arachnees

Gerbeans and Bubourgs

You surely must have seen these adorable little monsters in the series. Now you can find them in the game as well.

Adapting these families to the game resulted in research work regarding the story that might be told and the impact each of the two families could have in the game.

Baby Gerbean
Boss Gerbean

Clan Masters

The Clan Masters have also been overhauled according to the new zones in order to strengthen each one's identity. One by one, each in their own way, they tell us a story.

But hush! We're not going to spoil it all; we've got to leave a little suspense for you to enjoy when the update is released… We can't wait for you to set foot in this signature zone of the WAKFU universe!

Enjoy the game!

First Ankama intervention
Levels:

Boowolves and Arachnees : 66 - 80
Gerbeans : 171 - 185
Bubourgs : 186 - 200

[Siu]
See message in context
Reactions 33
Score : 10709

Cool stuff, lookin good. Did lvl tiers for monster familes and duns will change from 80? What lvl will have new ones?

2 0
Levels:

Boowolves and Arachnees : 66 - 80
Gerbeans : 171 - 185
Bubourgs : 186 - 200

[Siu]
Score : 1714

new summons for osamodas?

2 -2
Score : 4844

Always good to see some fresh changes in game. Nice work on Sadida island after so many years

2 0
Score : -61

Thank you for your hard work! it's always great to see new stuff coming ^^

1 0
Score : 571

Wii new better sadida, Ankama great work!

1 0
Score : 14609

Oh man, don't take the phosphorescent/toxic/radiactive equipment away, it's possibly one of the best-looking equipment pieces. We already lost the epaulettes with one update, don't let them fade in oblivion too.

2 0
Score : 2228

So, better collect it now? The new Enchantment system still sucks and if you don't have spare to reroll in future it would be regret till oblivion. 

0 0
Score : 6159

Oh another revamp. What's next? Calamar island? Shhhhhudoku 's kingdom?
Looks like you're lacking in new ideas.

0 -5
Score : 4371

Calamar actually held up preaty well over the years, even tho the treasure hunting got scrapped with the new nations, but yeah I agree Shhhudoku could use some work

2 0
Score : 4371

Any chance of a Sadida rework too?

2 -1
Score : 1194

This seems neat but.. what’s a Bubourg?

1 0
Score : 135

love it, thanks for all your hard work!

1 0
Score : 2442

any class updates?

1 0
Score : 1922

Good bye my nostalgia about that place too. 
Any news about sidekicks revamp/rebalancing? Sidekicks are heavily outdated. And yeah, some rework touch for sadida class wouldn't hurt either, atm it's a messed up useless/boring class that's either spamms dolls (annoying) or useless (LS doll-less build) with one of the worst revive spells in the whole game, if not the worst.

3 0
Score : 1786

finally sadida kingdom is indeed a kingdom in game

1 0
Score : 82

Let's take a look at the data, 4 new zones, 3 of them pretty much tell you what you will find there so all that's left is the deforested forest and the BuBOURGs. And who do we know that was interested in the forest wood. And what BOURG do we know? (That's not an enutrof joke btw). I'm going to guess that count HareBOURG started his wood gathering plans early and has some neat machines sent out for us to scrap.

2 0

You know too much.

Now I have to disembody your characters with my neat machines.

[notCountHarebourg]

Score : 7

I'm lost on what the Bubourgs are, any help?

0 0
Score : 2228

Thanks that never thought it will has a new fresh after all. So, is there new epic/relic items too? 

0 0
Score : 18

Sadida rework please it’s not even close to being balanced 1v2 at lv 200 sadida wins easy 90-91%ress and still does 4K damage per turn and the gets 1.4heals from dolls and gets no healing ress% at all during the fight how is that balance???

0 0

Barinade|2019-11-04 21:24:41
This seems neat but.. what’s a Bubourg?

Island2|2019-11-05 21:11:52
I'm lost on what the Bubourgs are, any help?

Hey guys,

We'll share more information about them soon! For now, we'll let your imagination fly!

[Flatops]
Score : 20

Oh my gosh, a young Armand! And yay, more exploration! Thank you for including the cartoon elements in the redesign, I can't wait to see it!

1 0
Respond to this thread