FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Devblog: The Future of the Ecology

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - October 11, 2019, 17:00:00
AnkaTracker Blog
Reactions 78
Score : 3294

Has potential. But from what I'm understanding Wakfus constaints will stop a lot of things from happening.

Cross map, breeding, probably not happening so probably going to mainly be for nations and really big ecosystems like perhaps moon and sadida island. Satstfaction is probably going to be a larger contributor. 

Satsifaction will probably still be ignored for most places,  quite a huge hassle to proc for an  individual and mainly ignored (unless scaled difficulty/rewards).

Reward- -  will be prospect limited so completing challenges or simply having an Enu in dungeons will roughly make the reward irrelevant. Which would lead to people yet again ignoring.

As a player what would I like to see - the reward providing crafting materials instead of loot(or atleast improving the quantity)
Satisfation being achievable with fewer individuals while scaling with difficulty dependent on some factors(would be a great reason to tie in battlefields where you can).
Breeding is more or less fine, but I wonder if it would be possible to have a more general approach towards which mobs are predators, like "Boowolves" being among a wild carnivores species, so they're always strong against domestic animals. Just for clarity for the player., so they can see it and understand process.

1 0
Score : 135

The bonus can work on dungeons, it's good.
The else part? I don't think so.

1. Many players are pure harvester, they just want to get resources regardless of the environment status.

2. A well maintained zone could be easily destroyed by introducing new species. But we know how hard it could be to maintain a zone well. If you want to destroy something, it's easy; on the contrary, it could be very difficult. So, guess what result it could be?

3. As what I have mentioned in another thread, monsters, trees, herbs, plants, they are resources. Ores and fish shools are also resources. Currently, it's easier to get resources from monsters, herbs, plants and trees, but harder to get ore and fish resources.

Because the amount of ore nodes and fish schools are limited, and the respawn time is fixed, some players are always farming certain resources hard and leave no chance for more players to get such kind of resources, let me be frank, black carbon and sapphire, because they don't require WIP and can be made into Kama directly. 

So if you are working on improving the ecology and ecosystems, I really suggest you to take ores and fish schools into your consideration.

2 0
Score : 65

Yes, finally.

0 0
Score : 246

what about heaven bags or hws will still be able to plant stuff there ?

0 0
Score : 4159

Adding on - if entire species are consumed and replaced by mobs such as gobballs or tofus or boowolves, what should a player do if they need to farm certain resources from those particular archmonster species that's been consumed? What will happen to epics that are dropped from these archmonsters? What will happen to ruel stroud's archmonster quest? I imagine its going to be a pain to look for the resources that you need with this new implemented system. 

I think some form of control mechanism/limitation mechanism should be in place to prevent this issue, or you might end up generating another number of frustrated players.

2 0
Score : 14641

This sounds very very very complex, but if it finally happens, I hope you like bow meows as dominant specie...

EVERYWHERE!!!
3 0
Score : 614

I see someone's been on Aoshima/Tashirojima. Kinda reminds me of Asturb on Phaeris back in 2014/15, when we had over 1k bow meows in the city. It was impossible to walk around the map without stepping on a bow meow tail.

1 0
Score : 9248

Finally a new eco system, was waiting for it for years. Cant  wait!

0 0
Score : 330

sounds awsome ^^
i have a little question or two about it:
1. it states that it is not necessary to replant monster/plants anymore since they regrow over time, but does that mean you can't anymore at all or just you dont have to?
2. will the relocating of species affect your wakfu/stasis meter? if yes, in which way? and will there other changes with wakfu/stasis related to the new ecosystem?

1 0
Score : 88

Aw yeah bois time to invade zinit with level 200 tofus

0 0
Score : 1565
What might make the game a LOT more interesting would be to allow monsters a small but non-zero possibility of attacking players.

Monsters already wander about, some eating plants etc, why not have a low, but decidedly non-zero potential that if a player is nearby, that they might attack?    Perhaps with some animation that would indicate the monster was agitated or interested in the player by way of warning, so observant player could avoid the attack by moving away, or perhaps using a "brandish a weapon" emote to frighten the agressive beast??    The risk of attack would certainly add to the players level of excitement and interest in the game.    This might be limited to certain more 'dangerous', or high-level areas, but it could certainly add to the game.

Relocating species into different areas might have negative consequences

IRL example:  Invasive species like Burmese Pythons set loose by accident in Florida have proven quite problematic.     In the world of Wakfu, imagine somebody setting some of the Moon Island tunnel creatures ("Dionatrap"s for example) loose in Astrub.... I assume the area level limitations would prevent such a "high-level' into 'low-level area' transfer, but the reverse is also worth considering, low level creatures into high-level areas might prove problematic as well.
4 0
Score : 4356

While this seems like a nice plan and such, it just fells kinda... pointless?

Like a wold-spanning minigame all for the sake of what? temporarily boosting the amount of drops of a single dungeon while inconviniencing everyone looking for other mobs and resources?

I'm sure you have more plans for this system, but for now it just seems like a way for players to put bow meows everywhere for no real reason.

5 -2
Score : 290

Oh My Gobboll! Seriously? Wow gaming is going to be way more interesting. If only I had the time. I’m to busy on Roblox. This is going to be fun!! *makes mischievous smile*

0 0
Score : -61

Wow if the Mobs change their level in a different location, then if you capture it as a Osamodas the level gonna be crazy high... ayy imagine capturing a lvl 5 monster and it be lvl 200 cause you brought it to different location where lvl is higher of mobs EPIC!!!

0 0
Score : 1501

Excited to see a lvl 200 piwi ahahaa

0 0
Score : 3556

The concept is nice, but it sounds very chaotic and, maybe, even unnecessary

I mean, what's the point of moving especies to other zones? What's the point of having level 120 boowolfs if we can already kill them easily on Sadida kingdom? We can already have increased exp AND drop by adjusting the Stasis level of a Dungeon, can this really compete? 

In my opinion,if you want a real change to the game, don't go chaotic , this isn't a Beta. Please give Wakfu/Stasis a real porpuse already, make the world interact with them, alter the enviroment according to which energy prevails, give the players a special trait that shows which energy they have more affinity to, make monsters more aggresive if there is way too much Stasis for example (like in Dungeons), do something with thr corpses on the ground if they don't get cleaned by a Trapper, etc.

And again, the concept is nice but I dont see the benefit. It is just chaos that doesn't really bring any benefit to the player outside of saying "Ha! Be free my Gobballs! Invade this zone!" And feeling like some sort of Hunter.

Plus, it is removing the species extintion feature which is a big plus that the game has, no other MMORPG gives you the option to completely erradicate a ressource, no other MMORPG have ecologist clans that keep the order in the zones and teach new players about the importance of caring about the enviroment. Dont take it away, using the same mechanic (automatic spawn) isn't new, it happens on the 99% of the games, don't be normal.

9 0
Score : 4356

Basically this

0 0
Score : 490

I'm with the guy wanting more mating animations for all the families

4 0
Score : 20

I'm not sure if this is good or bad. With variable creature level, there needs to be variable leveled loot and also variable leveled craft materials to craft variable level items.

The biggest problem is not all items of the same level are equal.

0 0

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the enquiries, we'll share them with the team.

If you have time, please answer our survey about this proposal.

[Flatops]

Score : 933

Expect chaos with all species to appear at all maps...and if so how we will know where to go to look for a spesific mob?

2 0
Score : 31

Dofus ?

0 0
Respond to this thread