FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Devblog: Enchantment

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - May 09, 2019, 17:00:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker
Reactions 388
Score : 2540

Well... if for the enchanting of one item have to sacrificing 1 identical second item, in this case be good to do increase 3-4 times effects from enchantment for items like Ogrest Wrath, drop from Shadowfang and Nogord (also mb others UB ). At least it will make is justifiable the loss in the sacrifice. Because such items are extremely difficult to obtain, even in one copy.

*and slightly reduce remove the effect of randomness

9 0
Score : 4143

You will be able to get more then 1 OgW after the update

0 -10
Score : 6402

How about this:
1.) You always need the same item of same rarity to upgrade besides some exceptions(quest items, relics, epics, maybe souvenirs, stele drops)
2.) there are still the 3 steps (you want to do in this order)
- get 4 slots
- get the colors, you want
- get the order you need for sublimation
3.)for example on a legendary item, you always spend the same legendary item for a step, but you can choose the result (this means you will get from 1-3 at start opened slots to 4 slots (100%), then another use of the same legendary for it will let you choose the colors (no white slot possible), the last use of a legendary will let you change the order as you want) second and 3rd step are repeatable to change it, if you want to change it (will cost it again)
4.) on mythical you need 3 per step, on rare 15, on uncommon 60
(numbers can be changed, just examples)

-crafting recipes get reduced in amount needed
-items that don't follow the rule above have specific other components to get used instead of the same item

This version would provide a still expensive way, but with a guaranteed progress and no RNG included besides the unlocked slots and colors when you first identify the gear.

Best wishes ~Genn

6 -1
Score : 492

That is actually pretty neat suggestion. One type of items I'd add to the exemplary exceptions list would be archmonster/dungeon boss drops that start from mythical rarity upwards, e.g. Caporette, Easandals.

0 0
Score : 5311

While being a bit less facetious now: All these changes are also ruining the concept of using the marketplace once again. Everything bad will be scrapped instantly, everything good will be kept for sacrificial reasons. Whatever does land on the marketplace, no doubt will be sold for an even greater deal of kamas again. Yay inflation! rolleyes

to summarize.. why do we need an item sink in a game already known for having both a tedious droprate as well as a lackluster and problematic market system. This is the opposite of fixing both problems.

12 0

But why would you scrap gear if people will pay you more to buy them for rerolling their gear? And what if you drop a good gear you don't need? The demand will be even higher because minmaxers will need a ton of copies of each item-

0 -14
Score : 13

People don't seem to understand that 1 socket will basically equate to the current fully runed items but now Wakfu is finally giving us some more customization just like Dofus' smithmagic. I've always hated Wakfu for not bringing over smithmagic from Dofus in a similar fashion even if Wakfu allows for character stat customization over gear customization. I'm glad the Dev team is reworking the system and all the people complaining about too much grind involved in this don't understand what an MMO is even after playing all this time. What happens to players who reach max lvl and have nothing to keep them playing? They also quit like all the ppl saying they will quit now that they will have something to do again like what even lol

0 -10
Score : -206

This update benefit the people that are progressing not the people who are already endgame with fully runed sets. It is normal for it to be pleasant for you since you still did not grind as much as the endgame ones did. #GodBlessAnkama

0 -5
Score : 253

The concept is acctualy one of the best but the randomness is too scary in a strategic game . i would love too see something like :
items will start from 1-3 sokets for each item u sacrfice u will add one socket of ur own choice
and to change the socket order sacrfice 1 similar item but u will get to chose the order and the color ur self

and about taxes i would like it to have taxes . the economi is player base we dont need this much inflation first was the zaap now this . people still mine and bring more money to the game while no money is lost in the process after this update not anymore . i am realy supportive to this update if it wasnt for the randomness pliz consider working on the radomness . no matter how time it take u . the comunity is freaking out for the possiblities of the builds but also the hours of grinding they will have to do to keep up

0 -6
Score : 253

The concept is acctualy one of the best but the randomness is too scary in a strategic game . i would love too see something like :
items will start from 1-3 sokets for each item u sacrfice u will add one socket of ur own choice
and to change the socket order sacrfice 1 similar item but u will get to chose the order and the color ur self

and about taxes i would like it to have taxes . the economi is player base we dont need this much inflation first was the zaap now this . people still mine and bring more money to the game while no money is lost in the process after this update not anymore . i am realy supportive to this update if it wasnt for the randomness pliz consider working on the radomness . no matter how time it take u . the comunity is freaking out for the possiblities of the builds but also the hours of grinding they will have to do to keep up

0 -6
Score : 6157

The real problem about this update (and the reason for all these complaints) is that this new mechanics will penalize all the players that already farmed their endgame sets (or ALS sets), while new players won't be affected much.

The most annoying part is that you have to sacrifice an IDENTICAL second item (same rarity) to change number of sockets, order and color. A simpler solution would be that you can sacrifice a second item of any rarity. For example, to improve my Legendary Slimy Rockett Headgear I can sacrifice a Mythical, Rare, Unusual or another Legendary Slimy Rockett Headgear.
But this solution won't resolve the problem with Epic, Relic, Souvenir and some crafted items.

TL;DR: A better idea is a simpler mechanics to change number of sockets, order and color.

0 0
Score : 932

Or they could simply use transmutation stones for rerolling. I already sometimes burn 30 or so just to get a dual element correct on an item - there's a CRAPTON more possible outcomes with this. I don't see why they should even make it hard to reroll - as it is, I would never bother with rerolling any item until I am at lvl 200 for sure.

0 0
Score : -4545

I wonder if Ankama will take the time to listen to their customers

I like this game and it's fun. But it is very grindy.

It's unfair to force people to collect new gear over all the different level ranges. They make a business if selling things like character slots and equipment pages.All the people saying they'll quit, I hope they do. Maybe just maybe Ankama will notice and actually listen

2 -1
Score : 6157

A similar thing happened in 2015 when they added the link of the item when you equip it on chanracter. There was a big quit of the population and then they removed that mechanics.

0 0

[Ankama]WAKFU-Prod|2019-05-10 14:15:33

Reg3e|2019-05-10 05:27:27
3. "Removal of Epic and Relic Slots", can I have my 20,000+ Ogrest Tears back? Among other resource that goes used to upgrade all my Relics and Epics.

No you can't, even though you will indeed have a compensation on this too. The system is made easier for everyone to use, doesn't create twin epic/relics. It's better for the game, so we took the decision to make this change.
Reg3e|2019-05-10 05:27:27
7. "More Power to Characters" This system has so much potential, can we please remove the pre-combat AP and MP cap already? If you truly aim to create a more diverse potential character build system, start by removing outdated limitation from the old system.

The pre-combat AP and MP cap doesn't exist anymore, I believe it's been removed for 3-4 years.

[Siu]

3. Well that's good to know, what will ogrest tears be converted to?

7. Whaaaaaaaaaaa, are you sure?
0 -13

7. not anymore, I checked since and some items don't bypass it yet, it will be fixed for the update though.

[Siu]

Score : 1492

What about old gears? how can it be customized? (recolor, number of sockets)

0 0

They will all need to be rolled, like any gear

Good luck getting more to reroll them tho, hahahaha

0 -13
Score : 3345

[Ankama]WAKFU-Prod|2019-05-10 19:09:04
7. not anymore, I checked since and some items don't bypass it yet, it will be fixed for the update though.

[Siu]

I tried yesterday equipping the sorcerer king cape (2ap relic) + Coat of Mythwil (1 AP) + shushu ring (1Ap epic) + Soft-Boiled egg amulet (1ap) + Disembodier (2ap) + stat point and motivation (2 AP) = 9 AP 

9 AP + 6 Base AP = 15

Instead of getting 15 AP at the start of the combat it capped at 14 AP, even outside of the fight the character screen still showed 14. Unless one of the items named in my list had a special condition that I didnt notice.
0 -1

"some items don't bypass it yet, it will be fixed for the update though."

0 -13
Score : 950

Matt5150|2019-05-10 18:48:21
The real problem about this update (and the reason for all these complaints) is that this new mechanics will penalize all the players that already farmed their endgame sets (or ALS sets), while new players won't be affected much.

^This
0 0
Score : 1243

Oh I didnt think about staying at 3 sockets when trying to upgrade. Because that doesnt make sense but I guess it's better than going from 3 to 1.

0 0
Score : 428

this is sad

0 0
Score : 221

sorry to DEV for breaking forum rules i didnt read it so forgive me i will not try to make polls again

To other players who vote on thread results for 5 hours when was open on question "how do you like or do you like new rune system?" results are;
41% like it
24% dont like it
24% wait update to see/try
6%looks hard/complicated
6%are neutral about update
how i say and i will repeat dont like this update but i will not vote or have nothing against it i m choosing to stay neutral

this was not focused on any work group DEV, moderators or game just in fast updates workers forget what every game makes big are players or future customers,
to dont make new mistakes sometimes need survey with gamers
(personally i was AOE CRA noone ask me then and i quit for a long time)

0 -3
Score : 144

This might be an unpopular opinion: (understandably)
I kind of l i k e the kama sink of our current rune system. Ive only almost fully runed one set at 200 and i have to say its ridiculously expensive so maybe it doesnt have to be so costly, but kamas will eventually pile up in a small server, like any economy where new money is printed constantly, inflation occurs, this makes all items accross the board cost more, making it much harder for new players to get the things they need. Kama minting is such an inefficient way to get what you want now, but people still are desperate enough to do it because they either dont have the builds to find worthwhile items to sell, and its at least consistant. A kama sink for runing hits hardest the players who are already making their lvl 200 sets and are usually the ones capable of obtaining the most valuable items on the market for themselves. These individuals are unlikely to ever be in need of a haven world market, and so will likely never pay taxes on the market. In summary: a lack of a game mechanic kama sink for high level players will eventually screw over newer players who are essentially dirt poor and make it harder for the player base to grow

0 -1
Score : 138

But the kama sink with the current rune system doesnt go anywhere, its money thats not going anywhere which doesnt help the economy. 

0 0
Score : 63

I liked this. But will not play it as i have better thing's to do.

0 0
Score : 62

Sorry for the bad english, i'm not translanting with google, i just think we need to expend the discussion. Cause this devblog created a lot of discussions in the brazilian comunite, for some reasons, we understood this modification like a repulse to the old and new players, it's gonna amplie the distance beetwen the tryhard player and the casual players. It's goona happen cause the sistem of sacrifice, but for the randomic slots and colors off them too.

So, if the english comunite think of the same way, we need do the pressure and remember them of the negative impact of this sistem

8 -1
Score : 2083

Compare to other post, if you see how many were concern this topic by the number of reply you will know everyone is care abut it~ Neither hardcore nor casual players want a more random RNG gambling indeed. 

8 -2
Score : 96

this is a death sentence to the game

7 0
Score : 2540
Ankama & your endgame gear:
17 -1
Respond to this thread