FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Devblog: ... and Stasis

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - March 06, 2019, 11:00:00
AnkaTracker
The WAKFU team presents what will be new with Stasis dungeons in Update 1.63.

After improving and balancing all the monsters and dungeons in the Nations during the December 2018 expansion, we wanted to continue to work on the dungeon system in iterations.

In update 1.63, we decided to improve how the dungeon Stasis levels operate to encourage players to use this difficulty management feature and give players more possibilities.

We all have our "favorite" dungeons but they can rapidly become obsolete and no longer be a challenge or offer interesting rewards (outside of competitive mode) as characters' power evolves.

With this update, we would like to give you an opportunity to revisit old dungeons and rediscover them with greater difficulty and greater rewards.

Higher Maximum Stasis Level

In normal mode, you'll now have access to 50 Stasis levels for dungeons (compared to the current 20 levels).

We made this change to let players increase the difficulty and rewards in dungeons in normal mode more.

Dungeons in normal mode can therefore stay "profitable" longer and better follow characters' progress.

The monster power curve (based on Stasis level) is identical in normal and competitive mode, but the reward curves are different because competitive mode is still more difficult (in competitive mode, players cannot exceed the dungeon's difficulty level).

Maximum bonus with Stasis set at 50:

Normal Competitive
XP 200% 600%
Loot 200% 600%

Display and Modification of Reward Thresholds

We took advantage of this update to correct a few inconsistencies in the Stasis thresholds that unlocked certain item rarities.

The list of equipment rarities and Stasis thresholds at which they are unlocked: 

Rarity Now 1.63
Common (white) 1 1
Rare (green) 1 1
Mythical (orange) 1 1
Legendary (yellow) 21 21
Epic (pink) 1 21
Relic (purple) 11 21

To us, making obtaining Epic and Relic rarities reserved for characters who increase dungeon difficulty seemed relevant.

Increasing the Stasis level to its maximum (50) in normal mode will now let you obtain the Legendary, Epic and Relic rarities outside of competitive mode.

We're making this change to make them slightly more accessible.

Now, when you select a Stasis threshold for a dungeon, in addition to the usual associated bonuses, the game will also display the various equipment rarities that will be unlocked.

Elimination of Stasis Level Requirements

In competitive mode, you need to have reached certain Stasis thresholds to unlock the next thresholds.
This restriction will disappear in version 1.63 because we want players to be able to choose the difficulty they want directly (without necessarily having to complete the same dungeon several times at lower difficulty levels only to unlock higher levels).

Comparison of Stasis prerequisites needed to unlock access to Stasis thresholds:

Stasis Threshold Stasis Prerequisite in 1.62 Stasis Prerequisite in 1.63
1-10 / /
11-20 / /
21-30 20 /
31-40 30 /
41-50 40 /

Improving Reward Visibility

We have also decided to improve the visibility of competitive mode rewards by making several changes to the interface:

• The interface showing potential rewards is now always displayed when you open the dungeon reward interface.
  • The potential rewards now have tooltips that give the details of the contents of chests or items.
  • When a character has not yet completed the dungeon in competitive mode during the current month, a message is displayed explaining how to obtain the rewards in competitive mode.
  • The button to open the reward interface has been moved to make it more visible.

These changes can be tested in the new 1.63 beta version.

We hope they'll inspire you to try even more dungeons!

First Ankama intervention

Replying to iNTiMiD4T0R

It's been fixed! Thank you!

See message in context
Reactions 39
Score : 47

What about epics you can drop on regular mobs ? (Thinking Tram ring or Le Golashes)
Will it be impossible now, or do we have a situation where one can drop an epic on a "s11" mob outside the dungeon, but only on s21+ mobs inside ?

Also, regarding Agony's Companion... ?

0 0
Score : 4154

While I think this means you will have to do 21+ or wandering mobs for epics and relics, the higher stasis difficulties will have a higher chance to drop those epics and relics (double at lvl 50), which isn't that hard if you outlevel the dungeon

0 0
Score : 210

What would this mean for achievement based quests? Can i do the stasis 31 dungeons for the prismatic dofus quest in normal mode for example? Or does it need to be in competitive mode?

0 0

The quests usually say in competitive mode, so I assume yes

0 0
Score : 763

https://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/encyclopedia/weapons/26287-deadly-stylist
need this? run shadowfang 21+ now lol

1 0
Score : 4783

Issue with the image :

0 0

It's been fixed! Thank you!

Score : 3143

Interesting changes... Hmmm

1 0
Score : 5493

Sounds like a pain.

0 0

Why? The only downside seems that you won't be able to spam low stasis dungeons for epic and relic drops.
You can do lvl 50 dungeons on all levels, don't need to unlock stasis levels anymore and Drop legendary gear without having to ALS

1 0

Will mineral tower stay ALS only with these changes?

0 0

Hi cody5,

Mineral Tower would still be the same.

[Flatops]

Score : 2155

Hold on
how will the Epic drop change influence the mobs outside the dungeon?
will they still drop stuff like usual or will they not drop the epic gear at all?

1 0

Hi AcidAce,

Epic items will no longer be available outside dungeons on regular monsters. They will still be available outside the dungeons on rare monsters (archmonsters and dominants).

Score : 1516

Bit of an inconsistency there.

Your chart says relics and epics are obtainable at stasis 21 or higher. The very next block of text says relics and epics obtainable at stasis 50.

Care to clarify?

0 0

they are obtainable at 21+, which includes stasis 50 by definition

0 0
Score : 1467

So basicly now everyone can drop godamn legendaries, not only people that worked their arse off to get sets to drop legendaries on that level...
So they're suddenly lowering the importance of ALS? This pretty much means it will be less rewarding, being legendary drops a big income from ALS runs. Not only that, but normal runs will no longer be able to drop epics... wtf ankama?

0 -2
Score : 14500

It is a give and take. Casuals will get better drop chances at the cost of not getting yellow and beyond at lower than stasis 21. And the adjusted level hardcore farmers will have 3 times better drop chances without any added setback.

0 0
Score : 521

Ha! More Contents defenses without updating. *Clap*

0 0
Score : 1419

So let me get this straight... you're making level 200 even more difficult and grindy to gear for? How are people supposed to run stasis 21+ dreggen or badger or ethernal or whatever other endgame content if they aren't even properly geared for it?

0 0
Score : 949

All rarity of gear should be available at all levels of stasis. Just low for low lvs of stasis of course. new players have a hard enough time getting gear, even me a lv 200 has a hard time getting gear for my lv as i cant run content for my level since im not geared but i cant get gear for it because im not geared for the content to get the gear to run the content to get the gear i need to get the gear i need.

7 -1
Score : 2155

Exxo-Turn|2019-03-06 16:17:58
So basicly now everyone can drop godamn legendaries, not only people that worked their arse off to get sets to drop legendaries on that level...
So they're suddenly lowering the importance of ALS? This pretty much means it will be less rewarding, being legendary drops a big income from ALS runs. Not only that, but normal runs will no longer be able to drop epics... wtf ankama?

ALS will still be profitable because the main source of profit was the epirelic runes
or are you scared of some potential competition?
1 0
Score : 127

I see, dropping epic items will become more difficult than now and before the update which removed the epic items in the croupiers.

I mean:
there are no epic items in the croupiers. So you have to buy or drop them in the dungeons. But what happens to the players who are not able to do the dungeons at a stasis level of 21?

After your Update 1.63 they only can buy these items... Sadly there are only a few mining spots for Kama minting ores left, and they are also occupied almost the whole day. Seems like Wakfu becomes more and more a second JOB than a GAME.

Why can't you bring back the Epics into the croupiers and make them "as much expensive as" the 100 Relic fragments???

But good or me that i refrained from paying for a Booster or Ogrines. There are no good reasons left for me to continue playing :-(.

1 -2
Score : -4504

I'm not sure why you're complaining, they made things easier.

0 -3
Score : 280

This simply means overleveled characters will be able to drop epics far more easily, which will likely drop (pun intended) the prices.

0 0

Besides, you've written "We took advantage of this update to correct a few inconsistencies in the Stasis thresholds that unlocked certain item rarities."

Why not correcting the inconsistency of only Relics in the Croupiers?

1 -1
Score : -4504

The token machines don't sell all of the mythic items that drop in a dungeon either. If you want relics removed from the token machines, I'm against that personally. 

If you're leveling and can't find a group for something, the token machine definetly helps get some of the gear. I don't believe the entire loot table of a dungeon should be offered though, but it is appreciated as a helping hand.

I'm going to have to assume you mean token machine when you say "croupier", google translate can be quite inaccurate and funny. 

2 -2

Never said that removing Relics should be done. I said "why ONLY Relics in the Croupiers...".
And ingame if i hover the mouse over the token machine i can read "Croupier" so i took this designator for it.

And i also don't think that everything should be in these token machines/Croupiers. The problem is that i've never dropped any epics in dungeons of levels above 81. And i've been alot in dungeons up to level 140. It is frustrating to waste so much time and get thousands of tokens but no epic item.

And Leveling is not the problem. The problem is that i am leveling up a certain number of levels so that i need another epic item from another dungeon, where i (again) level up so many levels that i need another epic before getting it and so on. This is the sad story on the removed Epics in the token machines/croupiers

And after update 1.63 epics shall drop only when doing it on a much higher stasis level (21+). Another player on page 1 of this article came to the point: "Without being properly geared it is not possible to do the dungeons on this stasis level. But so you can't get better gear to get better gears".

And, by the way: i can't reply to messages here. There are no links below the entries like in the forum where it works.

1 0
Score : 4416

Not a big incentive to run dungeons, in my case.

1 0
Respond to this thread