FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

When a hundred is not enough…

By #Zidrune May 29, 2009, 16:04:42

[html]

I can already picture your face at the sight of this avatar… Talentyre is not posting today. What you must know is that Talentyre is extremely professional, and for his first DevBlog, he wants it to be perfect from every angle. So, while we wait for him to finish his 293rd check, here is a little surprise for you!

On second thought, we must admit that you were right: one hundred beta-testers won’t be enough! So we’ve gone wild and decided to add up two zeros to that number!

YES… YOU HAVE A GOOD VISION! We’re inviting 10,000 players to participate in the closed beta. We’ll certainly need all of you to test our brand new Wakfu and its new features.

It will also be a good opportunity for us to see the impact of a great number of players on the ecosystem and, incidentally, check that our servers will keep up the charge!

So keep an eye on your emails, your invitation could be arriving soon! The great migration to the Amakna archipelago will start on June 11!

[/html]
0 0
Reactions 40
Score : 8829
Zidrune|2009-05-29 15:06:00

Your link is broken, it should be:
See more on the devblog (no, I didn't just translate the French) biggrin

Better go and make sure my Ankama account has my correct email
0 0
Score : 218

This makes me happy. Very happy. So happy I won't use exclamation marks.

GoldfishGod|2009-05-29 19:44:00
Better go and make sure my Ankama account has my correct email

Copy that!
0 0
Score : -6

I certainly hope that the people you choose are honest and helpful with dealing with the problems you encounter while working on the closed beta... and I hope I'm one of them *COUGH*.

0 0

I'd be really surprised if they hand-pick the full 10,000 :blink:
... are there even 10,000 active people in the whole community?

0 0
Score : 544

I would imagine it would go by forum participation.

Good luck Goldfish XD

0 0
Score : 2

Glad to hear this. All I can do is hope for an invite. :]

0 0
Score : 328

Atleast they'll be able to test the economy with 10,000 peeps.

0 0
Score : 640

Good analysis GITC-IGC. I was thinking exactly that when it came to the number of people being chosen for the test. After all 100 people is but a drop in the bucket and even though the servers should be well prepared for 10,000, it will still be a better idea. The down-side will be people repeatedly moaning about the same bugs (if there are any) but whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, I am ill-equipped to say. Anyhow, I am unsure as to whether or not this is solely for the English servers or for all servers (as I am not inclined to checking the French forums and the answer will not really affect me in the least) but at the very least, you devs will have your work cut out for you. Hope you guys are prepared for busssy days preceding the convention. Aren't you going to be just so glad when this is all done with? Well just get the coffee ready and here's one fellow who is hoping that whatever comes of this, let's hope that it becomes as big (if not bigger) than Dofus (and DA).

P.S. GITC-IGC...PEEPS? Wowza lol. Aww, it's still cool tongue

0 0
Score : 708

Better, I hope to get there biggrin
Then, all the bugs to the bucket!

0 0
Score : 1315

Sweet!
*Tho, I'm kinda new to the community ~
I tried to play the current version (French) for the past
hour or so.....got my ch a few levels.

It's a little hard to understand.... so I'd love to participate
and try out the English beta.

Also:
Since I downloaded the French client, will I have to
uninstall it to play the English beta *(if selected)?

0 0
Elementofchaos|2009-06-01 01:45:00
Sweet!
*Tho, I'm kinda new to the community ~
I tried to play the current version (French) for the past
hour or so.....got my ch a few levels.

It's a little hard to understand.... so I'd love to participate
and try out the English beta.

Also:
Since I downloaded the French client, will I have to
uninstall it to play the English beta *(if selected)?

Frankly, I'd be surprised if you get hand-selected based on the fact you don't even know that the French and English and the German and the Spanish version is EXACTLY THE SAME SOFTWARE. Changing language is through the language settings in the client, everyone is playing on the same server irrelevant of their home language (you're probably playing with the half-translated English setting).

I wouldn't be surprised if you get picked at random though. tongue
0 0
Score : 1315
GoldfishGod|2009-06-01 03:01:00
Frankly, I'd be surprised if you get hand-selected based on the fact you don't even know that the French and English and the German and the Spanish version is EXACTLY THE SAME SOFTWARE. Changing language is through the language settings in the client, everyone is playing on the same server irrelevant of their home language (you're probably playing with the half-translated English setting).

I wouldn't be surprised if you get picked at random though. tongue

lol ~ Ya learn something new every day.....
*Looking forward to work'n with ya! :3
0 0

With one hundred testers you'd have been lucky to even meet another player on the server.

0 0
Score : 612

Hopefully, this would be the last closed beta they'd be having. :unsure:

It doesn't sound good when you hear a game had more than 2 closed betas separately after the open beta?

0 0
Score : 311

If they are picked at random, i wonder how many of the 10,000 will still be active players. Im sure theyve thought about that though.
By the way, anyone heard anything yet? Ive yet to be selected for a closed beta and im not expecting to, fingers crossed though.

0 0

lol well "soon" does leave a bit to the imagination doesn't it. In the end, I think that enough of that randomly picked 10,000 will be active players (well, enough to test the game and servers anyway). Now whether or not this number includes just English or spans all the different language-based player-base, I think that this volume will do its job and the moment the Beta opens up, it will be a free for all and here's hoping that things go smoothly (although I'm sure they know what to expect, with at least some - if not most - of them having dealt with all of this during the Beta and opening of Dofus.

0 0

Woot! cant wait for wakfu. I can finally move from dofus were im starting to run out of things to do. When you drop a turqoise dofus, and it doesnt excite you anymore its time to move on.

0 0
Score : 265

:] do want. though I rarely post elsewhere, the fan-art section on wakfu forums has for very long been my home. this is my petty attempt to get recognized in case selection has to do with forum participation, har.

0 0

hahaha well sev, I love your art thread and I for one certainly think you should get "chosen" (even though I feel tremendously dorky saying that lol).

0 0
Respond to this thread