FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Heroes System - Rates

By [Flatops] - ADMINISTRATOR - September 24, 2015, 10:30:00
DevTracker
Reactions 244
Score : 494

Thanks Wakfu. It's been great, I had a wonderful time. But the way things are going, it's time to make an exit. Good luck to the rest of you.

1 0
Score : 7180

AKAMA LISTEN! PLEASE please..... make hero time giftable. I am almost certain this will be in your favor. just consider it.

2 0
Score : 37478
Krisnick|2015-09-26 18:44:43
Thanks Wakfu. It's been great, I had a wonderful time. But the way things are going, it's time to make an exit. Good luck to the rest of you.
Cya in a week
2 -1
Score : 1743
Hellious|2015-09-26 18:06:27
Don't you just love it when people compare oranges with apples? Seraeph, your implied P2W scenario was justly protested against as the costume are only obtainable through ogrines (therefore, P2W by definition) whereas heroes system is only a more convenient form of multiboxing. I guess the only similarity between the 2 system is that both of them are only ephemeral.
The key detail is both of them were unnecessary and not really need to be used gimmicks when once again, multi-boxing exists and even sidekicks. Which i still hope the latter does not get left in the dust any further. Characters got spell deck revamps, major stat improvements and now hero system is coming to let you use several of them at once. If sidekicks don't get some kind of hat tipping done, then even krosmoglob, protoflex, treacherose, cloud knight, and the few remaining 'multimen' who have utility use are going to get further pushed to astrub knight, chad and pandora trash tier level in usefulness.

It would even be scary if it even gets pushed to the point where 'sidekick system' gets shoved into part of the rental package, effectively making it MORE EXPENSIVE to use sidekicks then heroes, effectively making them completely obsolete.

Seriously wakfu dev team, don't leave the sidekicks out, even they should still have one spot light for each of them, even when the latest content has a dozen shined on a single sock on the ground because its something fresh.

ReiYano|2015-09-26 18:45:25
AKAMA LISTEN! PLEASE please..... make hero time giftable. I am almost certain this will be in your favor. just consider it.
Morganna the Ecaflip from the beta days, Aliciaeternia the Eniripisa and likely every player in the servers both new and old would approve of this greatly.
0 0
Score : 535
MiniMikeh|2015-09-26 19:07:40
Krisnick|2015-09-26 18:44:43
Cya in a week

I would be not so conceited and sur at your place ! Albion Online and of other one games arrive on the market in November, the games without level! On World of Warcraft, you can buy your subscription against gold coins with the token Wow every 2 months. The prices of the heroes on Aerafal who is subscription in the month for many count is interesting for theim, but on the servers F2P where people doesn't pay normaly, the cost of the heroes weekly for the players who have little time or do not like forcing, it is very very dear.

formule 10 euro= 6000 ogrines, 1 booster+2 hero week =4,5euro/week,
19euro/28days, 19,92euros/month, less you play more you pay, it is not normal for one F2P !

The double account has some future !
0 0
Score : 13131
Seraeph|2015-09-26 19:28:28
Don't you just love it when people compare oranges with apples? Seraeph, your implied P2W scenario was justly protested against as the costume are only obtainable through ogrines (therefore, P2W by definition) whereas heroes system is only a more convenient form of multiboxing. I guess the only similarity between the 2 system is that both of them are only ephemeral.
The key detail is both of them were unnecessary and not really need to be used gimmicks when once again, multi-boxing exists and even sidekicks. Which i still hope the latter does not get left in the dust any further. Characters got spell deck revamps, major stat improvements and now hero system is coming to let you use several of them at once. If sidekicks don't get some kind of hat tipping done, then even krosmoglob, protoflex, treacherose, cloud knight, and the few remaining 'multimen' who have utility use are going to get further pushed to astrub knight, chad and pandora trash tier level in usefulness.

It would even be scary if it even gets pushed to the point where 'sidekick system' gets shoved into part of the rental package, effectively making it MORE EXPENSIVE to use sidekicks then heroes, effectively making them completely obsolete.

Seriously wakfu dev team, don't leave the sidekicks out, even they should still have one spot light for each of them, even when the latest content has a dozen shined on a single sock on the ground because its something fresh.

Sidekicks need to become a summon
It never made sense that a multiman could replace a person with the power of the twelve
0 0
Neneko88|2015-09-26 21:45:37
Seraeph|2015-09-26 19:28:28

Sidekicks need to become a summon
It never made sense that a multiman could replace a person with the power of the twelve
Funny story on that, sidekicks due to how they were 'added' had a challenge element of being treated as a summon, till they finally fixed that.

Plus your 'created character' is not a being of the twelve. Its just what they study under, plus Foggernaut (even if its a branch of Osa), Masqeraider (even if its a branch of Sadida) and especially Eliotrope, fall outside of the norm of the 12 disciples.

Plus Dofus started it, Never the less the 'multimen' were the first 6, Either way the point is they are a usable 'character' that should in a sense have although a 'fixed' kit, should never the less still be able to function as another controlled character and be able to fight on the same level. When a sidekick cannot function half of the ability of a created character when they are using appropriate gear and the same level, then its quite obvious to say that lack of development for a system is being done and it is unfair to all the players who purchased Sidekicks or bought them from other people.

Seriously its like expecting a person to use a wooden pickaxe to mine a block of pure gold, it reaches a point of being a impractical gaming element and if not remedied to the current state of the game, it will be another prime example of forgotten content. Such as legacy 'event wearing items' have had no use beyond just wearing it for giggles.
0 0

And all of that it's why they should become a summon that can do great things every 3 turns..

You can have 6 people in a group
And 2 sidekicks to summon

Isn't that better than sidekicks taking up 1 of the 6 spots?

0 0
Score : 7921

Sidekicks just shouldnt need armour, theyve said heroes are the investment option and gearing a char is a huge investment. Sidekicks should be a quick and easy option if you want to take on some bigger groups / could use a hand in a dungeon.

1 0
Score : 278

I just wanted to say that in dofus sidekicks can literally be as strong (sometimes stronger) than real characters and they take no equipment at all(they tend to drop off a little bit in power at around 190+ though). But they are supposed to help players progress through the game at a normal pace and though tough situations, all the way until the end.

When sidekicks were first introduced into wakfu, they were "almost" as strong as real players.. maybe to 70%-80% real person which is acceptable. Now they are useless because they keep making new changes without properly scaling sidekicks along with the changes.

0 0
MRGoob|2015-09-27 04:18:18
I just wanted to say that in dofus sidekicks can literally be as strong (sometimes stronger) than real characters and they take no equipment at all(they tend to drop off a little bit in power at around 190+ though). But they are supposed to help players progress through the game at a normal pace and though tough situations, all the way until the end.

When sidekicks were first introduced into wakfu, they were "almost" as strong as real players.. maybe to 70%-80% real person which is acceptable. Now they are useless because they keep making new changes without properly scaling sidekicks along with the changes.
Glad someone notices. Though for the rest of you lot now saying they should be summonable item gimmicks i throw mackerals to your cheeks!~

Sidekicks originally paved the way and they still exist as a 'permanent' additional character to 'recruit' in place of when one has a free slot and no other player to join it (which includes the multiboxers too).

One of the other neat quirks i've always enjoyed with wakfu is the fact they didn't have something as silly as usable items during battle for effects, because once those get into the game it leads to even further derailment on class balance, which is a mess to begin with when you try to include both PVP and PVE factors. Even if the 'active in battle items aka 'your suggestion to a summonable sidekick' was PVE only, it would still can be effective cheap items, especially since it would lead to either no cost or minor cost fill ins for all sorts of combos.

Not to mention that they would need to do a serious huge amount of ogrine refunding to everyone who purchased a sidekick because a 'few turn summonable item sidekick transition from its permanent like state' is effectively making the value get slashed even further already and several more stomps on every sidekick buyer's neck if it were to come after hero system in the 'state it will be released with moon island update', literally meaning, "Screw the sidekick system, we want more money so go rental hero system."

Plus not to mention it would 'drastically lower the rank point total and require that 'company system' (which already needs to be redone to not include created characters beyond the 5th slot and even sidekicks into the company rank system formula), otherwise its another system that is effectively impossible to be done except for the people who put HUGE amounts of money in and are obsession level dedicated on a collection obsessionist level, which already would be impossible if more sidekicks aren't introduced immediately to even 'allow' reaching rank 9, even much less chance for rank 10 on it.

But lets get off that noise, as MRGoob mentioned, dofus sidekicks were closer to the right formula, a partner character to help in fighting the everyday stuff as you grind your way to the end in the game. But otherwise for the really hard stuff they would not be as effective, but for the everyday grind and dungeon spam, they should be just as useful as a regular player or close to it.

So to this i say, either next update has a sidekick update or even much sooner then that or the wakfu dev team might as well just say it straight to our faces that they don't give a flying gobball about sidekicks anymore and just remove the involvement of them in the company system, otherwise they are just continuing the indefinite amount of salt being poured in the game's wounds already, when it already is buried in it to begin with.
0 0
Seraeph|2015-09-27 04:49:33
but for the everyday grind and dungeon spam, they should be just as useful as a regular player or close to it.

So to this i say, either next update has a sidekick update or even much sooner then that or the wakfu dev team might as well just say it straight to our faces that they don't give a flying gobball about sidekicks anymore and just remove the involvement of them in the company system, otherwise they are just continuing the indefinite amount of salt being poured in the game's wounds already, when it already is buried in it to begin with.
I disagree about them being good for the latest content dungeon spam (they shouldn't be as good as a normal class).
I agree about them removing sidekicks from the heroes rank formula.

New content is more important than trying to balance something that can be balanced later. Sidekicks do nothing to wakfu compared to a new UB, changes to pvp wings, or real new halloween event in my opinion.
0 0
Score : 278
Neneko88|2015-09-27 06:52:01
Seraeph|2015-09-27 04:49:33
but for the everyday grind and dungeon spam, they should be just as useful as a regular player or close to it.
I disagree about them being good for the latest content dungeon spam (they shouldn't be as good as a normal class).
I agree about them removing sidekicks from the heroes rank formula.
Why shouldn't they be as good as a normal class? That was the original intention in dofus. To have a sidekick that is as strong as a real player, and to help the player progress through the game at a normal pace.

You cannot use sidekicks for pvp of any sort. Its soley to progress through pve.
0 0
Score : 463

6.500 OG for both.. I can't believe that I really expected them to add this feature to the subscriber pack and maybe increase the subscriber value from 3.000 OG to like 5.000 OG. I would be totally fine with that.
10€ a month for a terrible maintained game with most bugs in existence?
Right.. I almost forgot that F2P games usually want more for monthly stuff than games that need subscriptions to be played.
It just doesn't feel satisfying to pay more. They will not work more or harder to prevent bugs if they earn more. They didn't even hotfix the most annoying bug since Forfut Frenzy(switching characters needs a restart of the game).
At the moment I don't even feel like subscribing anymore, but let's see how the free week turns out.

0 0
Score : 240

So, simply put you'll be paying $20 every month to subscribe to 2 accounts with two heroes on each. That's in addition to everything else you purchase from the shop. Costumes, packs, pets, and all those exclusive offers. I've never been into them myself but I know a lot of people who spend big money on the promotions Ankama presents.

The cost will definately dissuade many people from using this system, but there is no reason to quit the game because you aren't apart of it. You do not need to roll a full team of 6 characters to succeed in this game. Just like you don't need a mount with 25% faster movement speed to get where you want to go. Sure it may help a lot, but there have been six boxers since beta and it has been possible to stand in the same tier as their characters. If you simply wish for help with leveling then purchasing one hero slot is a good option.

2 0
Score : 2561

This is so true, so many people are under the impression that without heroes your not experiencing the fully potential of the game which simply isn't true. You can play this game without spending a penny and still experience 98% of the game, the other 2 % being the newest added content, which will eventually be available to you after new content arrives. To me, I think heroes is the perfect kind of thing to have as an optional add on at a monthly rate.

Ankama allows people to have more than one account, if you don't want to spend the money for heroes make a second account a duel client. And for those who can't afford a computer that can handle multi clients, think of heroes as a cheaper solution to buying a new computer. If all else fails, network, make friends, join a guild. There are so many options, not just heroes...

1 0
Score : 765
G1sm0|2015-09-27 19:20:10
So, simply put you'll be paying $20 every month to subscribe to 2 accounts with two heroes on each.

The cost will definately dissuade many people from using this system.
For players who are currently paying $30+ to booster 6 accounts, this is a lot of savings.

This will actually persuade a lot of people to used this system, especially those who can't afford to pay for 6 booster account.
0 0
Score : 240
Gunnerwolfang|2015-09-27 21:23:01
G1sm0|2015-09-27 19:20:10
So, simply put you'll be paying $20 every month to subscribe to 2 accounts with two heroes on each.

The cost will definately dissuade many people from using this system.
For players who are currently paying $30+ to booster 6 accounts, this is a lot of savings.

This will actually persuade a lot of people to used this system, especially those who can't afford to pay for 6 booster account.

I'm sorry, I didn't communicate what I meant to say.

Obviously for those already using 6 accounts this system is ideal and they may abandon 4 of their accounts for the savings and convenience. But for those who would like to have a band of 6 heroes who are not currently multi-boxing, the price will likely dissuade them from attempting it.
0 0
Score : 2561

Which is OKAY, if EVERYONE had a band of 6 heroes themselves the game would become an antisocial nightmare. lets stop discrediting owning one account, and one character and grouping with real life people!

1 0
Score : 412

I'll admit to being relativity new to the game, but I've been looking forward to heroes since I first read about it, and even have a team prepared on my account in anticipation. Multiboxing has never seemed like a viable solution to me. Why subscribe 3 times and miss out on key advantages of the sub in the first place?

The folks who are fussing about the game becoming more accessible are the exact people who make the game over all less fun. I get there should be challenged and if you want that elite gear you have to work for it, but it get tedious and not fun real quick when you want to play a hard dungeon and no one's around to run it with you (Or they're around but can't be bothered running with you). I mean have you guys not noticed? There was a significant lack in players for a couple months, but since the updates and small fixes it seems like there's actually people playing this game. Having my Hero's available will make it so me and a handful of guild mates can actually hit a full party of six and level together. I don't think I'm in the minority when I say Wakfu is a fun game to play, even for people who are casual and don't care a thing about PvP.

My question about heroes (And I guess I'll find out during trial time) is how inventory will work? I would kill to be able to manage all the character's inventory together cause as a resource hoarder my alts have been doubling as pack mules. (More storage space pls!!)

1 0