FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Heroes System - Companions

By #[Azael] August 18, 2015, 16:00:00
Reactions 373
Score : 1033

Are you sure they won't let you transfer characters to other accounts? That was mentioned somewhere in this topic.

0 0
Score : 1695
skatercodyme|2015-08-30 08:57:23
One time purchase or Included in booster incentivizes using hero system too much, making it the "Standard" way of playing the game, which I do not think is Ankama's approach. I think it is an option for the minority of people who are willing to pay for the convenience
A "Standard" is more along the lines of a meta done gimmick by the majority of the player populace, such as how for Destiny in PvP, people would abuse the hand cannon thorn and gjallahorn rocket launchers for face melting, or gjallahorn and the sniper rifle ice breaker ( regenerates ammo, max range plus, kills cause explosions) in PvE.

In wakfu's case it would be a matter of multi-boxing that stands out the most. Which especially happens for those who are quite knowledgable in wakfu's game systems (Client multi-boxing and sidekick system namely). The only few exceptions being of course those who cannot manage multi-boxing (bad computers), would not do it (pridefuls or people who believe it is a lame system, which is the same thinking process that makes alot of people get mowed down by meta picking over powered players) and of course, those that actually have a active enough guild to have people who play wakfu quite often and is guranteed to always have people available to play with others(which in online gaming, is not something that can constantly occur when you consider each player has their own wants and needs they also need to accomplish).

In the Dev blogs about the Hero system, it was already said they want to "Transition the game into a system more akin to a strategy game then a standard RPG", not a word for word quote, but the same meaning at what they meant. Placing the "Hero system" as a recurring payment system and making no open statement about improving sidekicks to make sure they can at least match up with created characters...

"Its effectively saying with what they said and what they kept silent about that they are saying one thing with half a mind and actually meaning that they want to make more profit, which they could of at least redeemed by saying they wish to expand Wakfu much more but need the money to expand the staff and equipment available for the game. Which if Dofus funds actually could overflowed into wakfu's pockets also, that could of been resolved i guess too."

Otherwise to me it sounds and ends right at the point that "They want to make more ways to earn money and have not really planned on where to make use of that money except being 'much more richer'.

The Moon update that's been leaked at saying 2 world bosses, possibly level 185 to 200 cap raise, ridiculous huge kama costing recipes (which might have more ogrine based purchases sneaked in) and other things kind of makes me fear that Ankama might be aiming for Wakfu to be pushed towards making as much money as possible with a big hype then close it down with some reason such as "lack of players" and not making enough money to support Wakfu.
0 0
Score : 1137

The level cap raised to 200 is just a time sink, just as the "Company" system of hero system.
They want to release these in tandem, so people will spend 1-2 years leveiing up 5-8 chars to 200 not realizing Ankama is doing meaningless nothings in the process, as they make small upgrades and continue to be cheap, maximizing profits before shutting down the servers in 2-3 years after they have reaped the profits from years of hero system use and decide they have created the best ponzi scheme they can and it'll only go down hill from there for them....

Not necessarily truth, but one way of looking at them opening up level cap, keeps players distracted and off their back for new content, just run the same old content over and over and over and over and over and over for a massive amount of XP; as if Wakfu was not grindy enough already, getting up to lvl 200 off a lvl 180 dungeon....

0 -1
Score : 56

"Very Shortly" - Ankama 8/18/2015
"Very" Shortly" *snort* - Everyone 8/30/2015

0 0
Score : 1074

if its gona be with the sub pack, i got no problems paying for it

0 0
Score : 7394

When exactly is this patch coming? 8th?

0 0
Score : 3374
MereBytes|2015-08-31 14:47:11
No date yet, but since it will come out w the new island, i suspect early October.
0 0
Score : 536

I understand that this is a huge undertaking, and the technical changes needed, and the limits that are to be places. But another sub service?! What about the players that WANT the system but can't AFFORD the service? Just, crap on them?! This is a heavily awaited system, and the hype is real, but if I can't afford the service, I won't play the game until I can get it again. Meaning I won't visit the boutique, I wont spend time on your game, and I won't recommend the system. I understand you need to make money. But more items in the shop along with sub deals would be better than another paid service. It's like saying, 'Here's a free game! You can buy alota things! But to keep up with your friends and the times, pay this every month!' I mean, you have subscriptions. Is this included in those? of a different fee all together? (If I missed information, sorry. I don't have alota time for the site or game. With everything having to be paid for, I may have to stop playing period and stay away from wakfu. . )

0 0
Score : 9247

Except you don't have to subscribe to it. You can still play on multiple accounts if you want to. They need to make money and I'd rather have it this way than P2W items and services. And yes, it's awaited system, how would else they make money if they would only sell things that people dont really want?

0 0
Score : 3308
Aigees|2015-08-31 16:25:56
No date yet, but since it will come out w the new island, i suspect early October.
Sabi said it'll be it's own patch

And I doubt new island is coming out in october.

Also She said september might be our next drop. So there's that.
0 0
Score : 6685

Multiboxers who spent a lot of money since Wakfu was launched will not get any rewards while single boxers with many chars on their accounts will recieve new mounts, costumes and etc. How can this be even fair for those who supported Ankama way more than single boxers? I want the possibility to move characters from one account to another.

0 0
Hearttyace|2015-09-02 01:03:18

* whistles nu ni nu ni nu *
Score : 970

Just make us pay once for a hero slot. I don't think many of us care if it will be more expensive than a Sidekick. I just really don't think people (including myself) are waiting for another subscription on top of their boosters.

Make us pay a larger amount once > A lot of people will buy it and enjoy the game and thus are likely to spend more time and money on the game.

Recurring payment > People will get upset and might leave the game and you will lose on playerbase and income

0 0
Flatops|2015-09-03 05:04:58
Hearttyace|2015-09-02 01:03:18

Flatops, your sound effect references are too advanced for me.
0 0
Score : 490

Can we use 2 characters from our account on top of our sidekicks?

0 0
Score : 3374
Hearttyace|2015-09-03 16:11:44
Flatops|2015-09-03 05:04:58
Flatops, your sound effect references are too advanced for me.
Agreed. They leave me confusedly expectant.

Drelkag|2015-09-03 16:32:00
Can we use 2 characters from our account on top of our sidekicks?
No, your max team size is 3,so you can pick 2 companions! Either 2 heroes, 2 sidekicks or 1 hero and 1 sidekick. Sidekicks remain free to use.
0 0
Score : 405
Sargent-Wiggest|2015-09-02 12:25:20
Multiboxers who spent a lot of money since Wakfu was launched will not get any rewards while single boxers with many chars on their accounts will recieve new mounts, costumes and etc. How can this be even fair for those who supported Ankama way more than single boxers? I want the possibility to move characters from one account to another.
Well it just worked out this way. Azael mentioned that the heroes system was never originally planned for Wakfu, it just became a project they worked on and are now realizing. While it is unfortunate that old players are missing out, Sabi has said previously that there is still a character transfer system on the back burner.
1 0
Score : 1137

To make the Hero System update fair to all customers, It should allow a person to open up the hero management and then Log into any account within that box. Therefore allowing people with many characters spread over many accounts to use any character from any account as a hero and open up combinations of using characters they have put time/effort/money into leveling, and more time/effort into leveling than secondary characters (For instance, leveling 10 x1 XP chars on 10 accounts is much more effort than leveling 10 chars on 2 accounts)

No one should be pratically forced to either A.) Be stuck using the old system of multiboxing while being at a massive speed/convenience disadvantage or B.) remake their characters, refarm their relics, and relevel their characters after they have put time/effort/money into getting their characters where they are, as well as obtaining the name, achievements, titles, and emotes they wish to have.

The hero system needs to be a modular system, allowing One to use any character from any account as a hero, rather than being limited to only the characters on that account, making it a great system and fair for all Customers

Exactly. It's f'd up, they are throwing the middle finger up to their biggest customers

Bjear|2015-09-03 19:29:28
Well it just worked out this way. Azael mentioned that the heroes system was never originally planned for Wakfu, it just became a project they worked on and are now realizing. While it is unfortunate that old players are missing out, Sabi has said previously that there is still a character transfer system on the back burner.
How many times has Sabi said things that NEVER happen? "Oh I'll make sure this makes it to the Devs"...
C'mon, No one cares what Sabi says, and it shouldn't come in a later update, it should be an integrated part of the hero system to include EVERYONE
0 0
Score : 196

Please don't make it subscription based, make it expensive if you want just not subscription.

0 0
Soleii|2015-09-04 06:39:29
Please don't make it subscription based, make it expensive if you want just not subscription.
Yeah. No.

Premium is a thing and it needs to be made to be competitive with multiboxing.

So if you're look at expensive, it'll be like 80 - 200 dollars, and no one in their right mind would do it.

Also fun humor with Flatops. I don't mind your odd sense of humor, quite refreshing.
0 0