FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Heroes System - Companions

By #[Azael] August 18, 2015, 16:00:00
Reactions 373
Score : 1035

I suppose. I'm not arguing very well because I sort of have mixed feelings on this whole matter.

All I can really say for sure is that I'd like if people who currently multi-account would stop trying to ruin it for those of us who don't prefer that system by saying that we should instead multi-account or that we should instead find friends. These types of arguments really bother me. I, for example, have many reasons for wanting to use the hero system that having an active, flourishing community and amazing computer won't address.

That's really the only thing I can say for sure on this, without mixed feelings.

Whether or not Ankama supports multiboxing or not is really irrelevant and arguing about it isn't very productive.

Whether or not multiboxing is better or not is irrelevant too. To some it may be. To people like me, it definitely is not.

Multiboxing isn't going away - anyone who currently does it can still do it. The hero system is entirely optional, and doesn't really give anyone who uses it an advantage over multiboxers (as argued, there are pros and cons to both).

I haven't really heard any valid reasons in my opinion for removing the hero system (or why it shouldn't exist to begin with) except for the price-related arguments. In general, I support it costing more. I have mixed feelings on the pricing, though. All I can say here is that people should wait to see what the actual numbers will be before arguing more about it.

I guess that summarizes my thoughts.

0 0
Score : 6

"the price of the service"

Bad move. Heroes system ruined by this. sad

0 0
Score : 1144
AlphaWarrior|2015-08-20 00:22:34
I suppose. I'm not arguing very well because I sort of have mixed feelings on this whole matter.

All I can really say for sure is that I'd like if people who currently multi-account would stop trying to ruin it for those of us who don't prefer that system by saying that we should instead multi-account or that we should instead find friends. These types of arguments really bother me. I, for example, have many reasons for wanting to use the hero system that having an active, flourishing community and amazing computer won't address.
I'm curious what reasons you have for wanting to use the hero system, or what things you can accomplish with it that is not already possible in game, and which was worth the thousands of hours of developing time, while the foundation of the game in itself suffers....
That's where the greed is involved, watching the entire game suffer for the personal gain of how a single system can benefit you individually....

Just one way of looking at it though, not saying I'm right
0 0

Okay:

1. Socializing. I prefer to play with my boyfriend and not with other people, as that's how I'm most comfortable playing. There are personal reasons I'm not comfortable playing with others in this way.

Now, let's assume I were comfortable being that sort of person:

2. People aren't online when I need them to be. It would be pretty hard to create a community at a level that would solve this problem without the game being VERY popular.

3. People can be terrible at playing. They watch movies instead of playing. They lag out. They don't know how to play. They have terrible gear and die right away. You name it.

4. It is terribly inconvenient and ruins playing experience (as much as the bugs do, if not more, as far as I'm concerned) to have to multibox.

5. Pay booster for one account and apply to all, rather than have to boost separate accounts. (The total price with hero system will be lower, as well as being more convenient).

6. Can transfer account-linked items through account-chest on the same account, but not to other accounts.

7. Hero system saves time. Time is the most valuable resource you have, and you only get a certain amount of it.

Those are some. Sure, you can pick apart any one of those individually. But remember, it's all of them put together that creates my opinion.

Ultimately, it comes down to playing experience. And not having this system hurts my playing experience far more than any bug in this game has so far.

It's not about me individually. The benefits I get out of it, everyone will be able to get out of it.

0 0
Score : 2238

Where to begin?

First off, just release heroes system already! Who cares about this company...stuff? Yeah it might be neat but your biting off more than you can chew, finish what you set out to and THEN improve upon it.

All I want this system for is so that if I can not get a group together I can fill it in with my alts. So that when there is just a couple of us we can still do a dungeon run.

As far as payment goes you should make it similar to sidekicks or unlocking a character slot. Make it a one time purchase and then make it so that you can only use the system if you have a "booster". If it cost too much why wouldn't I just run multiple accounts? I'd also have access to more character slots running multiple accounts, so I don't have to pay to unlock more.

The idea that your "company leader" needs to be in-line with your guilds nation seems unnecessary. If your trying to come up with some kind of heroes PvP thing...just...don't. If you implement it so that anyone can get ganged because of a "hero" team jumping you then you need an option to turn pvp completely off, wings up automatically if you break laws. I'm sure I'm getting ahead of myself...but then again maybe I'm not far off the mark.

So moral of the story, heroes should just be buffed up sidekicks. They shouldn't replace real players and the price should not dissuade me from purchasing or playing. Stop over complicating it and release it because we're anxious to play! I do like your game, I do like to play. Please listen to your player base! Thanks bunches!

0 0
Score : 687

So adding another fee? Seriously Ankama? Well good luck getting your loyal player base that has already spent money and time on booster packs considering the state of the game, you intend to release a service that we all know will be glitched from day 1 and you plan on charging for that? Needless to say i'll keep an eye out for out thing turn out but as for me, i won't spent another dime on this game. Thanks for the fast update and good luck.

1 0
Score : 3488
twintiger|2015-08-20 03:49:36

As far as payment goes you should make it similar to sidekicks or unlocking a character slot. Make it a one time purchase and then make it so that you can only use the system if you have a "booster".

The idea is reasonable, but given how tiny the playerbase is they probably wouldn't make very much money.
0 0
Score : 64

Bah, as countless have said before me, I don't intend to regularly pay for two aspects of þe same game. I'm fine wiþ one once-per-3-monþs commitment and here-and-þere splurges. Even if it's cheap, I'll bow out on principle.

0 0
Score : 305

The only way you can be happy with ankama is if you quit playing Wakfu. Trust me... you will feel a HUGE relief.

1 0
Score : 139

Monthly Paying *Sigh* Stupid idea, Ankama, stupid stupid...
Instead of spending Money for 2 slots monthly you'd rather invest it into new PC-Hardware so you'll be able to multibox 6 accs at once...

0 0
Score : 3061
PettyPAC|2015-08-20 11:11:53
Instead of spending Money for 2 slots monthly you'd rather invest it into new PC-Hardware so you'll be able to multibox 6 accs at once...
0 0
Score : 7186

I've played the game in Beta, and for a year now on Phaeris.
The game becoming F2P was my inclination to come back after Beta.

With the population dwindling on my server, I was looking forward to this feature.

I would even spend money on it if it was a one-time-payment, but I will probably not as it is subscription-based, and this does not benefit my often patchy playtime.

I had hoped you listened to the huge amount of negative feedback in the previous thread.
Apparently I hoped too much.
Pity.

1 0
Score : 1144

Monthly fee makes complete sense, whether you want to pay it or not (this is to anyone complaining) doesn't matter. If you want the convenience you will, if not; oh well. Having 1 person who pays monthly vs 12 people who would pay 1 time will pay for itself in 1 year... looking at 5 years, it's a huge difference in revenue.

The problem I see with the hero system is, it's going to create an even larger gap between f2p users (most new players enjoy wakfu because it's free) and those who pay more and more... which is going to deter new players from sticking around even more, because they are progressing much much slower than the next guy who is paying for hero's and booster. The problem with the community currently is the game isn't designed to keep new players engaged and build up the community, instead it's like walking over coals. They keep coming out with new content but never fix the foundation of what is wrong with the game....
It is not wise to build a house on sand, do not ignore the foundation of the entire game.
I'm a 6-boxer with a lvl 170 team and I'm saying that the lower content needs priority of reworking because the turnover rate of which new players get bored and play another game is a cancer to the game and it will not survive just with the current "endgame" players.

0 0
Score : 557
skatercodyme|2015-08-20 16:57:07
Monthly fee makes complete sense, whether you want to pay it or not (this is to anyone complaining) doesn't matter. If you want the convenience you will, if not; oh well. Having 1 person who pays monthly vs 12 people who would pay 1 time will pay for itself in 1 year... looking at 5 years, it's a huge difference in revenue. [...]

"Complete sense" yeah... You just assumed the price of the one time purchase would've been the same as the monthly fee, which is stupid. And even if it were the same, your analogy still wouldn't mean shit, since it's based on the simplified idea that heroes can only be a "source of income" and nothing else. It could (arguably) be much more than that. Imagine that the system was more easily accessible (no monthly fee) and ended up being wildly successful by enhancing gameplay, differentiating wakfu from other games etc etc and resulted in a larger player base. Then we could start thinking of selling costumes and emotes and whatnot. Now I don't know whether heroes is essential to wakfu's success or not, but your simplistic reasoning as to why it should be a monthly fee rather than anything else is laughable.
0 0
Or, you know, maybe (as was said how many times already?) PC hardware isn't the problem AT ALL.

I really do not want to resort to insults and become a hypocrite, but people like you are really getting annoying.

If you seriously think the only reason people don't multibox is because their computers can't handle it, you're very mistaken. Maybe that's true of some, but it is certainly not for many others (myself included).
0 0
Score : 3880

It's super easy to multibox, and the only real hassle is situating 6 screens on two monitors as well as the fact that this game is full of memory leaks and needs to be frequently restarted to alleviate lag. But let's not derail the thread with discussion on the logistics of multiboxing.

One time fees make more sense. Its the most attractive option, and a lot of us were already looking at investing a hefty amount into it even if the slots were something like $15 each. That's $60 just from my household not including me returning as a player and also getting Boosters. Right now they stand to gain $0 if they don't wisen up and change the money model on this otherwise awesome sounding feature. I want to come back and play Ankama, with the hero system - but you're making it IMPOSSIBLE TO CONSIDER with stupid decisions like this.

0 0
Score : 3

Really? This hero system is just like an add-on/ expansion/dlc. Warcraft has it, diablo has it, etc. You DO NOT make an expansion and rise subscription price? Wtf. How the hell is this marketing logical at all??? You make a content, you sell it, you get money for your investment. In what world is paing more on top of what you already pay each month is possible?

0 0
Score : 3

I mean. This isessed up. You pay like 15 buks to play Warcraft and you will need to pay like 50 buks to play strategic wakfu? Greed blinds reality. This is ridiculous . if you cant afford to pay more than for one normal subscription you will be totally domiated by ritch kids who will own the game . you pay full price or don't pay at all. No point to be in the middle and pay normal fee but still stay at the bottom in pvp and gear/level

0 0
Score : 1727
skatercodyme|2015-08-20 16:57:07
Monthly fee makes complete sense, whether you want to pay it or not (this is to anyone complaining) doesn't matter. If you want the convenience you will, if not; oh well. Having 1 person who pays monthly vs 12 people who would pay 1 time will pay for itself in 1 year... looking at 5 years, it's a huge difference in revenue.

The problem I see with the hero system is, it's going to create an even larger gap between f2p users (most new players enjoy wakfu because it's free) and those who pay more and more... which is going to deter new players from sticking around even more, because they are progressing much much slower than the next guy who is paying for hero's and booster. The problem with the community currently is the game isn't designed to keep new players engaged and build up the community, instead it's like walking over coals. They keep coming out with new content but never fix the foundation of what is wrong with the game....
It is not wise to build a house on sand, do not ignore the foundation of the entire game.
I'm a 6-boxer with a lvl 170 team and I'm saying that the lower content needs priority of reworking because the turnover rate of which new players get bored and play another game is a cancer to the game and it will not survive just with the current "endgame" players.
Lets go over some important details, if i remember, Wakfu overall is 7+ years old in terms of creation so its clearly been out for a considerably amount of time. If it is and has a playerbase issue for a long time then obviously Ankama should aim for earning profits 'now' then expect it to have any chance of earning profits over a long period of time.

Based on some of my experiences, once a MMO has hit 10 to 15 years in a lifespan if its a 'very good game', then it likely will either be able to persist strong(if its still successful) or if its slowly dying off (might end up getting thrown to some third party to manage, collapse or something else). Wakfu is not exactly on the tier level of WoW, PSO(or 2 for that matter) and similar games so its not exactly in the former category currently.

But to finish it up, long term gain should only be expected if the game is 'highly successful' and 'still new enough' so players do not have extensive experience and will enjoy it for a 'good long while' at least.

As for 'content for the new players', it needs setups not only within combat but also profession and other ways to keep players entertained and enjoying the game, such as the game having expansions of sort of 'small jobs' that the nation's government (aka the governor and council) could create, have players accept and it could be used as a way for the 'nation itself' to fund players (especially ones of low level), it could even be pushed as ways to push incentive on keeping areas to have healthy eco systems of trees/plants/farming/monsters/etc., it could even be pushed to set up jobs to make attempts at conquering lands (which could be a part of a nation vs nation expansion if they ever got around to it), not to mention based on my own server on Nox, i have not seen any governments making any attempts to conquer any islands at all, unless they removed that feature, ALONG WITH MOBILE ARENA AND WAKFU/STASIS FORGES (the latter which the gear was just shoved into regular recipes and said gear is miniscle in standing out compared to other recipes now).

At the very least if they are going to put all this incentive with 'pvp', 'guilds' and 'company system' is designed to be based around a single nation and you need to have 'dedication to one of them only' in order to do this kind of stuff, they might as well take advantage of that note by adding more ways to 'serve your nation'.

I also agree as a person with high level characters, it can be relatively slow and boring on ends to play a new character (without using one of my high level alt account characters to plvl it), which can be more of a negative impact for players who are new to the game and have little knowledge of the game itself. Nation quest itself is acting as a nice push in the right direction by adding a story expansion right from Astrub's but if each chapter is going to be released every 3 months for part releases? How many nation quests thru mount zinit are going to be released to even 'reach the end'? From what it seems like 'chapter 1' is 5 parts, and its going to take a full year for them to get the last 4 parts out, does this mean they are going to make chapter 2 also into several parts which will take several more 3 month sets to take care of?

Seriously just on nation quest itself i would say they could of easily prepared the content alot quicker then 3 months for each segment, considering the first part was literally a bunch of recycled resources and some just being re pieced together old materials in addition to what seems like a small addition of mobs created and a 'upgraded' version of the mercenary armor equips (aka novice hero).
0 0
Score : 1242
AlphaWarrior|2015-08-20 17:48:35
Or, you know, maybe (as was said how many times already?) PC hardware isn't the problem AT ALL.

I really do not want to resort to insults and become a hypocrite, but people like you are really getting annoying.

If you seriously think the only reason people don't multibox is because their computers can't handle it, you're very mistaken. Maybe that's true of some, but it is certainly not for many others (myself included).

No offence, but the only annoying person in this thread is certainly you and the 'codyme guy. All I have read here is you and him going all out defending this (you have your rights) and neglecting other's posts. It's not a debate when it's a forced one-sided, as you both will ignore and go on with it. If you want to say something or argue, at least do it properly and not in a way you sound like a prick (no offence again)
Otherwise you're not getting anywhere or any better smile

I can multibox with three accounts already but I can't pay much more than one booster pack. Worse is that I have bought some costumes because a friend bought it for me in ogrines and gave me the stuff I got while I had to pay him irl, and haven't got myself a booster pack in time, as for this I'd need a reliable payment option and Ankama seems to neglect all I can do to get it. The heroes system is amazingly good and when I've read about I got hyped. But to think I'd have to pay on top a booster for that? It's sad. Ankama is already really nice with its prices for us Brazilians (Not really, truth be told, but at least it's afordable), however it's going to be a nuisance looking in the economy side and I'd rather not spend my money on something limited (as I do have limited play times). But still... People will get mad at players with more than one character, as it often happens now with people that multibox, and I see this game getting just as much empty as a ghost town eventually.
Have fun people! I'll keep with my other accounts though. Until I see the price in my currency ofc. I'm curious to what it'll be. If it's considerably less than a booster pack, I'll give it a chance smile 
0 0