FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Class Revamp - Foggernaut

By $[Sabi] - ADMINISTRATOR - September 12, 2013, 10:00:00
DevTracker
Reactions 191
Score : 2848

A pity about fire an oil, I rather enjoyed watching my enemies kill themselves on occasion. Also punishing an opponent for hitting the tank was also fun. Telling my allies to, "stand back or my passive may kill you," was so badass.

That is fairly conflicting. In addition to its current effect, and more explosions. Then posting that" more explosions" should be changed to" no more explosions," but not changing the main post to reflect that...
Like I said, I really like the passive explosions, even if they are inconvenient to team mates I often wanted it to trigger more often, I would only object to a larger blast radius.
Was it a badly worded reminder that fire and oil increases the max range of all fire spells? or does fire and oil increase the aoe of all my fire spells and not just the range? That could be interesting, that would certainly warrant a warning about larger explosions!

Heh, if it makes steam palm and flamethrower huge, I think I won't miss the passive damage so much.

0 0
Score : 3405
Zebulous|2013-09-19 01:30:52
A pity about fire an oil, I rather enjoyed watching my enemies kill themselves on occasion. Also punishing an opponent for hitting the tank was also fun. Telling my allies to, "stand back or my passive may kill you," was so badass.

That is fairly conflicting. In addition to its current effect, and more explosions. Then posting that" more explosions" should be changed to" no more explosions," but not changing the main post to reflect that...
Like I said, I really like the passive explosions, even if they are inconvenient to team mates I often wanted it to trigger more often, I would only object to a larger blast radius.
Was it a badly worded reminder that fire and oil increases the max range of all fire spells? or does fire and oil increase the aoe of all my fire spells and not just the range? That could be interesting, that would certainly warrant a warning about larger explosions!

Heh, if it makes steam palm and flamethrower huge, I think I won't miss the passive damage so much.
Haha, it would be so fun having aoes so large they are difficult to use with team mates, its an interesting balance idea.
0 0
Score : 844

dam... you copy sacr blood pact! we don't want second sacrier

and you said

We want every class to have a role that is an alternative to a role of another class. Particularly this is the reason why we wanted to give healing spells to other classes than the Eniripsa.
but there are no alternetive real heal
0 0
Score : 5184
milordDen|2013-09-19 13:31:23
dam... you copy sacr blood pact! we don't want second sacrier

Sabi|2013-09-17 07:46:18
Stasis Shield
This is also not a copy / paste of Blood Pact. Where the Sacrier will take a big "slap" (12% of his HP). Damage to the Foggernaut will be lighter but will be done throughout the fight (especially if the targeted character is being healed), each time the target takes damage.

If you're having trouble comparing the two, here you go:

Blood Pact
> +20% max HP
> +8% max HP per ally
> If an ally dies: -12% max HP

This grants a Sac an incredible amount of HP and even works as a heal at the start of a fight in a large group. They also only lose HP when an ally dies and at a flat 12%

Original Painless Steel
> +20% max HP

See, quite boring. Before it gave the same boost to max HP like the Sac's Blood Pact, but while doing nothing else.

New Stasis Shield
> +20% max HP (not changed)
> +8% max HP per ally
> If an ally takes damage: 10% of the damage taken by an ally is redirected to the Fogger.

Now the part listed as redirected is an assumption on my part. Though I feel it is safe to assume since it would be silly if an ally was taking the full 100% of the damage and the Fogger was taking an additional 10% damage, thus boosting the enemies attacks.

As you can see though, it works quite differently:
1. Sac takes damage only when an ally dies and at a static amount.
2. Fogger will be taking extra damage throughout a fight to help their allies.

In a long fight, as Sabi mentioned, the Fogger will be taking a lot more damage than a Sac as it will build up regardless, while the Sac only need fear when an ally goes kaput.

milordDen|2013-09-19 13:31:23
and you said

We want every class to have a role that is an alternative to a role of another class. Particularly this is the reason why we wanted to give healing spells to other classes than the Eniripsa.
but there are no alternetive real heal

While I am no Eni, I am a Sadida main. I am frequently invited to parties and used as the healer. My heals can be quite nice. Yes, Eni's heal more, but they are the main healing class and thus designed so, but in single target heals, and getting heals across the map with heal dolls, I do quite fine. Only thing I don't have is an AoE heal or a Revive spell, but you can bring along a Xelor to help with part of that.

The other variances in classes that mimic others are not supposed to replace them. They are there just to give another option.

(Now that I've mentioned my beloved Sadida, which I do believe could use some work, please don't let this devolve into a Sadida thread and keep it as a Fogger one.)

- Kat

P.S. Sabi (or other), it would be nice to hear a confirmation on the aforementioned Stasis Shield. I would like to know if that 10% damage the Fogger is taking is redirected damage, or are we just helping the enemy by taking more though out our entire team without anything being reduced.
0 0
Score : 86

I'd still love seeing female Foggers. Just saying. =P

0 0
Lahiel-Von-Draken|2013-09-20 01:11:10
I'd still love seeing female Foggers. Just saying. =P

AGREED! =^.^=

That being said, Sabi did say they were thinking about it in the last post. Hopefully more people see it and post they want it so that they see the love of the Female Fogger.

(Would post the amazing Dofus Female Fogger picture again, but that I suppose would be redundant.)

- Kat
0 0
Score : 985

That' s what i think of Female Fogger

Youtube Video

And Quoting the fogger description

If we were to summarize their functioning in two words: “performance” and “efficiency” would probably be the best fit

Take whatever conclusions you want of this.

biggrin 
0 0
HakazabaJub|2013-09-19 01:59:11
Zebulous|2013-09-19 01:30:52

That is fairly conflicting: "In addition to its current effect," and "more explosions." Then posting that" more explosions" should be changed to" no more explosions," but not changing the main post to reflect that...

Haha, it would be so fun having aoes so large they are difficult to use with team mates, its an interesting balance idea.
Then imagine if such a fogger also had stasis shield, he would hurt himself with carelessly placed aoe. If his aoe were large enough It could be challenging to play. "Do I hit one critter with steam palm? or three critters and two team mates and take 10% x 2 damage?"

The answer is C Nuke half the map and take 50% damage! lol
0 0
Score : 6

YAY, now I should go and delete my tank Sac

thx, Ankama. I know that you always hates Sacriers .

0 0
Score : 79

I want the microbots to do the anyloxide so that i can spam it all over the battlefield!!!

0 0
Score : 985
Dust-Rabbit|2013-09-21 05:57:41
YAY, now I should go and delete my tank Sac

thx, Ankama. I know that you always hates Sacriers .

My Dear Dust-Rabbit, Foggernault revamp is not gonna change Sacriers.

LazyArtist|2013-09-21 09:45:40
I want the microbots to do the anyloxide so that i can spam it all over the battlefield!!!

Yeah, do that and max out fire and oil aswell (old version), your teammates are gona love you !
0 0
Score : 261

I was worried the Fogger class was gonna get wrecked like the Sadidas, but I really like these changes.

1 0

You know, the fogger mobs that first invaded had fembot versions... I think the torso was the only difference. Ancama could always give us those, they already have sprites for them after all.

0 0

More stuff from Kat (me). Posted this in the Fogger forums in answer to someone else, and in the end it came to a breakdown of what I'd like to know on how the new Motherfogger works.

kurokat|2013-09-23 02:24:03
Well, Motherfogger can slide along the rails but a bit differently than the Xelor. The Xelor expends 1mp to move while on a Dial, but only to the specific faces of said Dial. The Fogger uses that same 1mp, but can move anywhere on their rail system. So if you take the time to build a complicated thing (fun things is making a box shape, that way even if something is on your rail, you can slide around the other way), for the Fogger it gives map control for moving around.

With the new version in the revamp however, it will cost a bit more MP to use. They are changing it to 1mp for every 3 spaces you pass over. This I find acceptable as before it was only the Fogger that could use the rails, now all your allies can partake as well. Oh, and the biggest thing is we will finally be able to create them at range by not only ourselves, but the Cybot and Motherfogger can place them as well now (well, after the revamp).

As far as how the Fogger and the Motherfogger use the rails, it is exactly the same.

Ristty|2013-09-22 17:15:07
Thank you for the explanation Kat, but i know how it works at the moment, i was wondering after the revamp on the "Acess to stasis spells"

As far as "Access to the stasis spells" that Sabi mentioned, it will just that. While on the Motherfogger, you will be able to cast any of the 5 Stasis Spells that you're Fogger knows.

Now some things that we could use some clarity on, on how this works.

1. Will the range be different from normal? If not, why use them on the Motherfogger instead of just casting them yourself?
2. Will the spells be the same as what you already have? Or will it work like Motherfogger spells work now, being based off of your character's level?

Sabi|null
you will be able to cast a spell from the Stasis branch of your choice: It will have Chromatic damage slightly lower than the "normal" damage of the spell.
3. Now it's stated in the Fogger Revamp page that the spells will have chromatic damage, so using your highest element instead of the Stasis Mastery, but the spells will have a lower base damage than when the Fogger is using them themselves. How much lower? Will, if say a pure Fire Fogger with 400% fire mastery using the Stasis Spells of the Motherfogger do more, less, or same amount of damage as a pure Stasis Fogger casting them spells himself?

Fire Fogger lvl100: 400% Fire Mastery
Stasis Fogger lvl 100: 250% Stasis Mastery

> Fire Fogger using the Motherfogger is able to cast Stasis spells using his 400% Fire Mastery by means of Chromatic Damage at a lower base damage.
> Stasis Fogger casting the spells himself will of course be using his Stasis Mastery (average of all elements) and the spells will be using their normal base damage.

Which one is doing more damage? Or is it the same?

If the Fire Fogger is able to do more damage than the Stasis Fogger, why make a Stasis fogger as you can build pure fire and use that tree (or earth for that matter), and when you need stasis, just pull out the Motherfogger.

4. Is there any point in the Stasis Fogger to use the Stasis spells of the Motherfogger?

I would love it if things like this are explained.

- Kat

- Kat
0 0
Score : 47

After looking at this again, stasis seems to be left out in the cold as its lost a lot of interesting stuff:

microbot damage
cybot damage
the awkward but rewarding stasis strike
it hasn't really gotten anything cool like the other branches.

0 0
Score : 1038

Any news about NOT LEAVING the stasis build in the oblivion? I repeat the other 2, earth and fire are great but what about stasis? the reforms you talked about are good but not enough

0 0
Abazakahrawr|2013-09-23 14:49:55
After looking at this again, stasis seems to be left out in the cold as its lost a lot of interesting stuff:

microbot damage
cybot damage
the awkward but rewarding stasis strike
it hasn't really gotten anything cool like the other branches.

Agreed.

What is happening to STASIS?

> 4 of the 5 spells are Line cast.
> 1 of the 5 spells is an AoE cast on yourself.
> Microbots can no longer damage the enemy when they used to augment our damage with our Stasis
> Cybot is now a wonderful Support, but can no longer deal Stasis damage to help.
> [Look at my Previous Post] Motherfogger has a lot of unanswered questions. Will all of our Stasis spells still only cast in a line from it? If so, we are loosing our only Stasis spell that can be shot at an angle. That also reduces how useful the Motherfogger is for Stasis use as you will not be able to hit things normally without first building up a rail system.
> We still have our Stasified state and that is getting a small boost, but we will not be able to build it as fast without Cybot and Microbot help.

I think it would really help if at least one of the Line cast spells in the stasis tree could be cast at an angle. Even if it was silly like the Rogue's diagonal Cross Fire shot. This would give a bit more veriaty in our Fogger's play. As it is right now, with all spells being so similar (especially the first three, there is almost no difference except cost and animation), the only thing right now to do is decide which is more cost efficient as any of the first three can be used at pretty much the same situation.

Another thing that would help would be Stasis Mastery mentioned in one of my earlier posts. Leveling the spells in all other trees gives damage and resists. Stasis gives nothing. Since it uses the average of the four elements to deal damage, it should boost the four elements (just at 1/4th the rate since it would be boosting 4).

- Kat

P.S. Still need that Female Dofus Fogger in Wakfu =^.^=
0 0
Score : 2390

loving these changes

0 0
Score : 12096

the update is coming next week... can we get an update on the changes? so that we can at least respond to the final ideas.

0 0
Score : 2629
Nox16|2013-09-24 20:41:57
the update is coming next week... can we get an update on the changes? so that we can at least respond to the final ideas.
You know Ankama, always late to many things. I'd imagine the up-to-date changes would be posted sometime in the next days.

-Faded
0 0