FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Class revamp - Xelor

By #[Troyle] July 10, 2013, 16:00:01
Reactions 162
Score : 4036
HakazabaJub|2013-07-27 14:25:15
You see what i mean then, its lackluster.
Yeah but I've always found them to be poor options compared to all the other spells available even as they exist now. I'm not giving up things like hourglass clock slowdown frostbite temp distortion punishment aging hand line of fire temp dust for a mechanical. The only way I would consider using the mechanicals is if they were taken off the spell elements and added as a specialty. That said, I know some fire users did enjoy using hydrand instead of hand, but I've always played air/water. The last thing I've ever wanted in this state of the game is a sinistro increasing hyperaction on something and reducing my aging damage. Personally I'd much rather see them removed and have them give us a usable 5th water spell and a usable 5th fire spell. Bring back hammer.
0 0
Score : 1453
semcorda|2013-07-21 15:54:30
I may be a little paranoid, but my concern is that new rollback+devo combination may be a bit too powerfull. After wery weak 1st turn, we can get almost guaranteed +5aps every next turn. If timekeeper was used before, it gets even more. Good for us, but I'm afraid that it will be similar situation as cra's "destructive arrow" had - nice buff at one patch, crippling nerf, below pre-buff level, at next patch.

off topic
Fix my HB, ankama. 3 months for fixing game-breaking issue is below pathetic.

Damn, I knew they had no idea what they were doing in this "revamp". They added 2x per turn limit for hand. Week before update. What a display of well thought planning it is...
Cardinal's hybrid xel guide proves that 3xhand combo can be replaced by 2xhand+x.punish without much loss to the dmg output (hand+aging is on par with x.pun, more or less). I wonder when these geniuses will introduce a rule "spell x can't be cast same turn as spell y" for x.pun and hand.

btw
Fix my HB, ankama. 3 months for fixing game-breaking issue is below pathetic.
0 0
Score : 735

I think the x2 limit on hand and punishment is fine. This revamp is already making xelors out to be a bit over powered and i've thought that for a while. But the limit at least makes it slightly better.

Problem i'm having is how boring playing water alone looks now. Looks like crap only being able to take AP on certain turns and not being able to deal damage if you plan on giving the team ap using your spells. Really boring play style in my point of view.

0 0
Score : 3538

I am water/air and that really wont be changing, overall I am ok with the changes .....but....the changes to the dial itself I amd still worried about....and sinistro. I do/need my sins and this may be quite problematic for me....we shall see i guess:s

0 0
Score : 3410

@cyndiloo
Such things require a simple tweak to be effective, what if sinistro ap drain triggered aging?

0 0
Score : 4069
HakazabaJub|2013-07-27 17:54:43
@cyndiloo
Such things require a simple tweak to be effective, what if sinistro ap drain triggered aging?
Knowing Ankama I hardly doubt they will give that sort of luxury
0 0
Score : 24999

It seems xelor will be better summoner then Sadida after those changes (if sinistro/hydrant doesnt vanish if they are not on dial it will be like creating stabilized dolls with ranged spells that fit multiple enemies in same time and are not doing stupid things with AI.... as they cant move). And they doesnt cost WP like dolls so you wont feel permanent loss of summon if critical failure happen when you try to summon it. You will also be free to use sinistros and hydrants in Nun Dungeon, Tsar Dugneon, Vampyro Dungeon, Kokoko Dungeon and you won't loose the ability to summon them when you will run out of WP due to cells that remove WP when you step on them. I am starting to think to re-roll from Sadida to Xelor.

0 -1
Score : 2823
Kikuihimonji|2013-07-27 20:07:50
It seems xelor will be better summoner then Sadida after those changes (if sinistro/hydrant doesnt vanish if they are not on dial it will be like creating stabilized dolls with ranged spells that fit multiple enemies in same time and are not doing stupid things with AI.... as they cant move). And they doesnt cost WP like dolls so you wont feel permanent loss of summon if critical failure happen when you try to summon it. You will also be free to use sinistros and hydrants in Nun Dungeon, Tsar Dugneon, Vampyro Dungeon, Kokoko Dungeon and you won't loose the ability to summon them when you will run out of WP due to cells that remove WP when you step on them. I am starting to think to re-roll from Sadida to Xelor.
If you are actually looking for a summoner, you've come to the wrong class. If you are looking for support/damage class that happens to be able to create a few 'summons' then yes this is for you.

But I have a feeling after playing a revamped xelor you'll realize what it has and doesnt have. Also, the mechs aren't 'stabalized', just lacking MP( I'm assuming you knew that, but making it clear to others reading).

Basically, what you are getting from these 'summons' are:

Sinistro: An stationary ultrapowerful doll that may steal an AP from one target if it happens to end it's turn close enough, if not then it's just there to look pretty.

Hydrand: A stationary sac doll that doesnt die by attacking with larger AoE and damage, but only works if something happens to stand in it's AoE (This spell is more a deterrent than an actual offensive spell, imo, unless someone actively sets up an AoE for you)

And also both mechs can be poked to death relatively quickly, if someone happens to actually consider them enough of a threat. (Protip: I think most people will ignore them, like they ignore Blocks)
0 0
Score : 829

Is losing initiative finally going to do something? Because I noticed it hasn't been removed, but nothing says its been fixed... I would love to see enemies finally start taking their turns last because their initiative is gone. Only use for it before was aging damage...

0 0

Taking initiative has always done something. The less initiative you have the longer it will take to get a bonus. All they did now was nerf it.

0 0
Score : 30828
AlejandroVent|2013-07-26 22:45:51
Troyle|2013-07-10 16:00:01
Master of Time
The Initiative bonus is lowered while the Chances to remove an AP are increased. This passive will also provide a bonus to Mechanics starting from level 10.
Lvl 1: +2 INI, +1.5% chance to remove AP
Lvl max: -40 INI, -30% chance to remove AP, +2 Mechanics

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that "-40 INI, -30% chance to remove AP" is a typo and you guys meant "+40 INI, +30% chance to remove AP".
Indeed, it was a typo, thank you.

Also, can I get a clarification on Xelor Sandglass?

On a Tick turn it will have a chance to give one AP to an ally under the “temporal focus” state. On a Tock turn, the target has a chance to lose one AP.

Does it means that if on tick I use Temporal Control on an ally (possibly giving 1ap) and then on tock I use Xelor Sandglass on an enemy, this ally will get the AP stolen from the enemy OR does it mean that if on tick I use Temporal Control on an ally (possibly giving 1ap) and then on tock I use Xelor Sandglass on an enemy, the ally won't get any AP unless I use Xelor Sandglass on my ally (on tock)?
Xelor Sandglass can either give an AP (tick) or remove an AP (tock), not both.
If you use if on a tick turn, it can give an AP to the ally under "temporal focus" (additionally to the AP this ally may have received when you cast Temporal Control).
On a tock turn, it can remove an AP to the targeted enemy, this AP is lost and not transferred to anyone.

Regarding Clock:

Effects: Tick: +1 AP to ally under temporal focus (50-90%) / Tock: -1 AP (50-90%)

Does this means that if on tick I use Temporal Control on 2 allies that so happen to be close to each other and then use clock on them, do they (probably) get 1 AP each?
Remember that there can only be one "Temporal Focus" at a time. If you cast Temporal Control on 2 allies, only the latter will have the state. If you then cast Clock on both these allies, only one may receive another AP, the one with Temporal Focus. The whole point of Temporal Focus is to allow you to chose which ally will receive an AP, without having to actually target him with your spells (except Temporal Control).

How are the "Teleports the target on a Time Rift" going to work? I cast Underhand on an empty space (hence, creating a Time Rift), then cast Temporal Distortion on an enemy and the enemy will end up in the Time Rift or is it that I've to cast Underhand on an empty space (hence, creating a Time Rift), then cast Temporal Distortion on an enemy that's above the Time Rift to teleport it? If so, where does it'll be teleported to?
The enemy is teleported TO the Time Rift.
0 0
Score : 447

Thanks for the clarifications Mr. Troyle, however I've another questions:

The whole point of Temporal Focus is to allow you to chose which ally will receive an AP, without having to actually target him with your spells (except Temporal Control).

Which spells will give an ap to an ally that doesn't need me to cast the spell on him/her?

Cause as you said (and if I understood right), Xelor Sandglass isn't going to work like it does now (removing ap from a target and giving it to an ally) and even that spell needs to be cast on an ally (or is it that on tick I cast Xelor Sandglass on a target, inflict damage and my Temporal Focus-ed ally gets an AP?).

Will the state "target is stabilized" affect the "teleports to time rift"? Will we be able to move Bosses around, even UB?

Thanks in advance for answering this doubts.
0 0
Score : 2117
AlejandroVent|2013-07-29 15:34:24
Thanks for the clarifications Mr. Troyle, however I've another questions:

The whole point of Temporal Focus is to allow you to chose which ally will receive an AP, without having to actually target him with your spells (except Temporal Control).

Which spells will give an ap to an ally that doesn't need me to cast the spell on him/her? #

Clock and Sandglass

Cause as you said (and if I understood right), Xelor Sandglass isn't going to work like it does now (removing ap from a target and giving it to an ally) and even that spell needs to be cast on an ally (or is it that on tick I cast Xelor Sandglass on a target, inflict damage and my Temporal Focus-ed ally gets an AP?).

You cast it on the enemy and your ally has a chance to gain ap

Will the state "target is stabilized" affect the "teleports to time rift"? Will we be able to move Bosses around, even UB?

You cant move stabilized targets.

Thanks in advance for answering this doubts.

0 0

Not quite, quoting Troyle:

Xelor Sandglass can either give an AP (tick) or remove an AP (tock), not both. On a tock turn, it can remove an AP to the targeted enemy, this AP is lost and not transferred to anyone.

Also, it seems Xelor Sandglass needs to be cast on the ally

If you use if on a tick turn, it can give an AP to the ally under "temporal focus" (additionally to the AP this ally may have received when you cast Temporal Control).

So I still have the doubt on which spells can be used on another target and will give an AP to my Temporal Focus-ed ally.
0 0
Score : 241
AlejandroVent|2013-07-29 16:00:14
Not quite, quoting Troyle:

Xelor Sandglass can either give an AP (tick) or remove an AP (tock), not both. On a tock turn, it can remove an AP to the targeted enemy, this AP is lost and not transferred to anyone.

Also, it seems Xelor Sandglass needs to be cast on the ally

So I still have the doubt on which spells can be used on another target and will give an AP to my Temporal Focus-ed ally.

No no you understood him wrong:
the whole point of Temporal Focus is to allow you to chose which ally will receive an AP, without having to actually target him with your spells (except Temporal Control).
temporal focus is a magnet for AP's when your spells give them. So you can cast hourglass on an enemy and if the spell would give an AP, it will go to the temporal focused ally.
0 0

Oh! So let me see if I got it right this time:

On Tick, you cast Temporal Focus on an ally

On that same tick (since Temporal Focus ends when the Xelor's turn end) I cast Xelor Sandglass on an enemy which receives damage but maintains it's ap BUT my ally might get one ap, same if I cast Clock on an enemy, it'll receive damage but maintain it's ap and my ally might get one ap...

Right?

0 0
Score : 241
AlejandroVent|2013-07-30 02:14:27

On that same tick (since Temporal Focus ends when the Xelor's turn end) I cast Xelor Sandglass on an enemy which receives damage but maintains it's ap BUT my ally might get one ap, same if I cast Clock on an enemy, it'll receive damage but maintain it's ap and my ally might get one ap...

Right?

Yep that's exactly right.
0 0
Raphael-Raven|2013-07-30 03:06:17
AlejandroVent|2013-07-30 02:14:27

Right?

Yep that's exactly right.
+1 if that is the case. I though you had to target your ally meaning you would miss out on damaging enemies.
0 0
Score : 49

On the flip side the coin, there are some of us that abhor grinding, and anything that takes too long, and I hope you can understand that'd I rather have fun, acquire gear quicker, and be efficient faster, especially considering this a pay to play game, and being that, I expect it to not have the excuse of having us grind forever, like in Free to Plays, where they rely on that in order to get customers to buy their exp boots, cash mats, and god gear.

I would sooner quit the game after my one month subscription is expired and not come back if things take too long ( more than a day) to get because games in the end are supposed to be fun, not boring. Grinds are fine, but don't make me spend it on 0.001 drop chances. I can understand it taking a whole 2 hours or so for really rare things, but for level 50 gear it shouldn't take me more than like 30 minutes for cool stuff to drop so I can put on the shinys and enjoy them and feel awesome.

I want to feel awesome now and not grind for too long when I'm playing a subscription game. Grinding is boring and I usually put down grindy games which I don't wish to do with Wakfu. The game on it's own keeps me loving it but the grind outweighs the fun and pushes me away if it goes too far. Too far means if I have to spend more than a day working on it, it's taking too long, for a game, which I should be enjoying, not grinding, since we're paying subscription fees every month.

0 0
Score : 540

The spell description of Sinistro doesnt say that it can only attack one target per turn, also it doesnt say that it's max hp is 3(?). Totally useless spell which i spent 60 points and regret now. Crap

0 0
Respond to this thread