FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Kama revamp

By #[Azael]#4180 April 04, 2013, 16:00:01
DevTracker

Azael tells you everything about the upcoming Kama revamp deployed on April 16, including the important new feature: Kama drops!Hello everyone!

Here’s a devblog that will cover a big turning point in the game: the addition of Kama drops on monsters.

Last year, we mentioned this change in a devblog and started a poll asking you for your opinion on this feature. The results showed that a majority of the community was for the implementation of Kama drops.

With this addition, our first goal is to improve your accessibility to the game economy, offer a short-term reward to everyone in order to help the feeling of progression and reward after each fight, but also the improve granularity of the economy. Currently there is too few variations in the cost of items sold by the players: Thistle or Piwi cape (and many more important items) are sold for 1 Kama despite a very different value.

This change is planned for the next update, on April 16.

How will it work in game?

• Each monster will now drop Kamas for a total of one Kama per level of the monsters (approximately).
  • The amount of Kamas earned will be shared between all members of the team still alive at the end of the fight.
  • Players with a too important level difference with the monsters will not gain Kamas.
We want to reward the efforts of the players and avoid power leveling. This way, high level characters in a low level group will not drain the Kamas of their group.
  • A Kama bonus will be granted to the players based on:
    • The monster killed (for example if the monster was a boss)
    • The character with the less HP at the end of the fight
    • The character who dealt the most Critical Hits
    • The character who Blocked the most.

Impact on the game

• First off, all existing Kamas in game will be multiplied by 20.
  • Tokens will disappear (Dungeon and Bronze tokens). It was supposed to help access to equipment for the players. We couldn’t keep it or it would have impacted on the economy of the game. All tokens and machines will disappear except the Troll and Almanax machines.
  • Achievement and quests rewards will no longer be tokens. Achievements will not have any rewards to replace the tokens but will still offer cosmetic rewards (like Haven-Gems), while quests will provide Kamas instead! On this specific point, we want to change the achievement system, they will therefore no longer grant experience, but we’re looking into a better system in order to improve the scoring.
  • All existing tokens will be turned into Kamas (rate is still being discussed).
  • Transport costs will be modified and we used this opportunity to also leave only one dock per nation, which will lead you to all destinations. Don’t worry, Drago-Express will still be free, but the other transports will have their fees increased.
  • Trool Fair attractions will now have a Kama cost (5 to 15 kamas) and will provide “Fair Tickets”. These tickets will allow you to get the rewards of the Trool Fair (which costed Bronze Tokens until now).
  • Kama recipes will be modified, easier and grant more Kamas. Even though they might still be subject to balancing until April 16, we decided to reveal the recipes as we currently plan them:
    • 1 Iron = 5 Kamas
    • 2 Iron + Copper = 25 Kamas
    • 2 Copper + 1 Manganese = 50 Kamas
    • 2 Manganese + 1 Lead = 85 Kamas
  • Cost of the laws and territory conquest will also increase proportionally to the economic rebalancing of the game.

We know that this change will impact many other elements such as professions, and also have more long-term consequences.
We’re working in the same time on tweaking all the features linked to the economy but we will need precise statistics in order to balance the major features of the game.

We will communicate on the modifications and improvements that will ensue from this new mechanic as we move forward.

Aza.http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/community/blog/posts/331137-kama-revamp
2 -14
First Ankama intervention
Score : 31074
Here's a translation of the posts made by Azael on the French forums.

Hello everyone,

It’s always tough to comment on this kind of threads… But I’m willing to come here even though the subject is sensible.

In the same purpose, I prefer to write a devblog and inform you ahead instead of letting you discover once the update is deployed.

I understand your fears and concerns as a player myself, and also as a Game Designer.

On a personal note, the player driven economy is one of the features that always seduced me in WAKFU, and more generally the fact that players are in the center of the game.

Believe me when I tell you that I’m always defending the founding principles of the project, and that we’re trying our best to keep WAKFU as original as possible, despite the challenges we have to face.

There are modifications that I’m more willing to defend than others, however when an issue appears, we have to address it.

In my posts I always try to be as honest as possible and I don’t intend to defend all the changes linked to Kama drops… However it was necessary to improve the game economy!

The currency will now have more granularity while not generating too much up and down fluctuation of the economy.

Our goal is to follow the statistics of this new economy very closely, in the weeks following the update, and react accordingly in order to stabilize the system.

We’re already working on some ideas allowing us to regulate the generation of Kamas and the economic flux generated by the drops.

There’s one point I want to address however: crafting.

We know that the current interest is limited and that this new direction won’t make it any better.

We started a complete improvement work with your feedback and we’ll soon come back to you to open the discussion (not a poll, don’t worry).

Until then, don’t hesitate to participate in the craft topic, there.

I won’t develop further, since this would be off topic…

Thank you for reading.

Aza.

We won’t back out of the drop system; however it might evolve depending on the statistics we will gather.

Concerning the feedback from the community, many players in game showed their support toward this modification.

We are of course aware that the forums feedback is another story (your CCMs doing their job very well at forwarding your concerns).

I’m not posting to tell you “it’ll be like that, deal with it”, but on the contrary to tell you that we’re listening even though some decisions have to be made and pushed through.

Please give use your feedback now and after the update, once you had a first impression of the Kama drop and its impact on the game.

Aza.

Answering a player’s suggestion to only multiply existing Kamas by 100 without adding kama drops.
This solution was considered but didn’t match all our requirements, particularly the accessibility to kamas for everyone, and especially low level characters.

Aza.
See message in context
0 0
Reactions 293
Score : 203
Awesome ^^

PS: The UB Token machines wont disappear.

I also don't know if this "First off, all existing Kamas in game will be multiplied by 20." will impact the market place. We'll see.

~KB the Herald
0 0
Score : 3466
Knight-Breaker|2013-04-04 16:04:46
Awesome ^^

I also don't know if this "First off, all existing Kamas in game will be multiplied by 20." will impact the market place. We'll see.

~KB the Herald

Are you sure? who said it to you?

Please Azael or Troyle tell us, UB Token machines will disappear or not? How will we get UB Sets?
0 0
Score : 4088
Okay Ankama... W - T - F

the market is already broken, why break it even more, the majority is probably all the rich people that wants to get richer, you are just making more rich people richer and breaking the market even more by giving them a REASON to overprice the items they sell.

THANKS SO MUCH ANKAMA

you literary killed the uniqueness of money making.

OH and thanks for taking away over 80 of my Vamp tokens, I gotta spend them all before you start to steal my precious tokens THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Worse decision ever.
0 0
Score : 31074
GJTora|2013-04-04 16:24:26
Awesome ^^

~KB the Herald

Please Azael or Troyle tell us, UB Token machines will disappear or not? How will we get UB Sets?

UB tokens will not be removed.
0 0
GJTora|2013-04-04 16:24:26
Awesome ^^

~KB the Herald

Should I mark "KB THE HERALD" red? Or will you learn to read my friend? ^^
0 -1
Score : 1006
I don't like the removal of dungeon tokens, I use larvokens to see how many times I've cleared larva dungeon, don't feel like writing it on paper. (over 350 clears and no imperial cloak btw)

Oh, and can f2pers earn Kamas in Astrub? No mention about it.
0 0
Score : 2119
Should I mark "KB THE HERALD" red? Or will you learn to read my friend? ^^

oh please dont make us look like pricks
0 0
Score : 5474
I don't even know what to say.

You do realize that any players current wealth will be worth NOTHING then, yes? Even th emony the richest players currently own can be grinded up in a few days slaying mobs.

You guys really are incredibly incompetent developers. Instead of fixing the problems the economy currently has you further them just because "stuff has to similar price values" hurrdurr.

Can't you just friggin hire an economy student for a couple of weeks to show you what a bunch of ill-fated decisions you are making there before launching this package of complete crap on us?
1 -2
Score : 8587
I do not see a multiplicative of 20 as justifiable for current kamas. That is too low in my opinion since there are ways for easy kama grinding with this implementation. Furthermore, at its current ratio of 6 kamas for 7 ores, and the suggestion of 3 ores for 85 kamas, you would need a multiplicative of 33 alone. Add in the kamas from monsters, and it should at least be a 66, not twenty since killing stuff will provide almost the same rate if you kill lowbie mobs. But wait, most do not mine kamas *gasps*. So you should make it more than 66 but I will just keep it at 66 for simple reasons. But anyways, I see what you are doing here. You are decreasing the value of the current kamas to at least a third of its value with this change. Everyone, better start buying stuff! Oh wait, you are implementing this with a lot of new items. I see, decreasing the value of kamas buy at least a third of their price (for example, 100kk is actually more like 33kk after update even though it will say 2mk. Though I bet it will be more like a fifth of the value since more people grind rather than mine), without allowing players to at least buy current stuff to get market value for them after update due to new items being introduced. Nice, there is really no way out of this one. Oh wait, buy pets! That is the safest way to get your actual market value for kamas after this kama revamp once people notice that the 20 multiplicative is not enough.
0 0
Score : 1211
I GUESS THIS IS YOUR LATE APRIL JOKE !!
0 0
Score : 2345
When the hell did we say we wanted a change on the value of a kama? ALL PEOPLE VOTED FOR WAS FOR KAMA DROPS!

Wtf Ankama, and you only give us two weeks to prepare? This is such a bad move..
1 0
One reason of changing the value of kama are the Haven-Worlds, otherwise there will be to expensive for everyone.
0 0
Score : 6948
Troyle, With the token machines dissapearing, what will happen to the unique stuff that could be acquired in some of them? - Will we see a return of said machines eventually where you can purchase these items with kamas?
0 0
Score : 2054
I have a bad feeling about it...
0 0
Score : 5474
Knight-Breaker|2013-04-04 16:56:14
One reason of changing the value of kama are the Haven-Worlds, otherwise there will be to expensive for everyone.

Wat? You could just...you know...make Haven Worls cheaper. Lol, that is not even reasoning, that is madness.

What they are doing here is solely robbing all players with any riches of all they own. The end.

Why would one make such an update? I would really like answers to many questions on this one by the devs but as usual they will sit in their little ivory tower with their smug smile they have when they screw up yet another update.

I want to know what kind of testing went into this?

Did you guys check the average wealth of players as well as the highest wealth amounts? Compared them to what an average high lvl group fight will hold for players?

Did you see that you only increase the amount of current kamas by x20, while increasiong the ease of minting kamas a lot more?

That all just means that everyone will be able to amass hundreds of thousands of kamas in days.

So...my guess is that they are either entirely insane and just sitting there, laughing hysterically.
Or they think it is cool game design to rob everyone who worked hard for their in game wealth of all they have and make every piece of gobbal wool cost 1.000.000.000 in the future. Super cool guys!
0 0
Score : 2345
You will lose so many subscribers from this change, don't fucking do it..
0 0
Score : 2036
While I don't really support this, how is it "robbing everyone who worked hard for their ingame wealth." When the kama supply goes up, the market prices will too. It's really not that big of a deal.

Edit: nope you're right, this is terrible don't do it
0 0
Score : 449
If me this is a beautifull revamp *ç*
0 0
Score : 2174
This is bad, guys, don't do it, please.
0 0