FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Kama revamp

By #[Azael] April 04, 2013, 16:00:01
DevTracker
Reactions 293
Score : 3

Well I'm pretty new to Wakfu but when I started off about a week ago, a major aspect of the game where i thought its not even close to catching up with dofus was the economy, pricing was horrible, good items and not so good items going for 1k -__-.
The problem of inflation certainly exists but in this case i dont think its as evil and full of gloom as people are depicting it ( maybe its just the rich kids <_< ) I mean I was asking someone im new here how do i get kamas and he was like "son till you hit 60 or level miner you wont be getting kamas xD) Bummer!
I like the change in summary biggrin 

0 0
Score : 24983

I hope it means f2p players will be able to earn kamas too.

0 0
Score : 674

I havent played long but such a dramatic change will not bode well with most.Expect to see MASSIVE inflation.Im not familiar with Ankama's practices but judging how insignias are handled and the way they almost seem to want to wreck their own wallets my stay might be a short one.

0 0
Score : 9

10 days guys.

Get ready to bite the dust if you don't already have UB gear.

0 0
Score : 6260

I'll wait and see how things will evolve around this. I'm sure things will stabilise over this change, people will simply adapt, and it's not like the current market could get much worse anyway.

If this is one step forward to ensure money will actually be spend on things, and thus fascilitate the market to ensure a higher supply and demand, the next step I would focus on if I were Ankama, was to increase 'the ease' of selling/buying things - And I'm not talking about kamas here:

While I enjoy the haven bag concept to sell items, I still feel that it's way too much of a chore for people to find something they are looking for on the marketplace. Spending over an hour windowshopping for items eventually causes me to go blind to practically any item displayed to me aside from the one item I'm looking for - Better ways to filter/search/request desired items would certainly help promote a healthier supply and demand on the marketplace.

The blackboard offers a way more sane alternative of course, but the amount of items you can put down per character is extremely limited (I assume to promote the use of haven bags). I'd not be asking for that to be changed persé, but selling and buying through a havenbag should be way more practical. I believe that would cause items to circulate at a steadier pace.

0 0
Score : 9

Oh yeah, and get ready for bots. and buying kamas off strange websites.

cause thats the only way youll be able to keep up.

0 0
Score : 68

Quite frankly, I thought the current system (no Kama drops) was very unique. I enjoyed it, even though I didn't have much, but I was able to buy whatever I needed and if I needed more Kama, I would simply mine.

0 0
Score : 1319

No, just NO...

0 0
Score : 681

One of the amazing things about Wakfu was the Sandbox setting. The fact that nothing in the game ( With the exception of Ore ) having an inherent value was one of the games more amazing features. The player market, and everything surrounding it was completely structured by the players. By doing this, you're taking a lot of the sand out of that box though, and it takes a lot of the interest out of the game for me.

0 0
Score : 3293

so is a bold move lets see if there mad or wise only time will tell its 50/50 chance its risky.

0 0
Score : 5186
First of all I am not lazy, someone else made a comment already that people who are rich are exploiters of the game cuz they are spoiled already. I hate the mining system, I find it very boring, I have a real life too so I can't afford to spend my precious time boring mining an getting pk'd in the mines. I'm sorry but the current "agro on sight" system sucks and I know what I am talking about. Like I said before, I'm playing this game for the fun. I have read all posts here, I know what inflation means, and what it does. But you people are greatly overreacting. Maybe this will cause indeed big inflation maybe not, we will see after the update. For once I believe Ankama has good intentions with this change, even though it will have big impact on us. It works in Dofus, so eventually it will work here too. We only need to get used to it.

What? Who on earth exploits you in a game? We all have the exact same chances here. If someone holds a gun to your head and tells you to go mine for him I'd suggest quitting the game maybe.

Second, I wrote this before. You might want to read up on it. You don't have to mine a single Kama in this game to become rich. You don't. I made all my wealth within 4 months of trading now and I can say I am at a point where I can buy whatever I want to have. My miner level on all characters is 0.

@That guy saying it will revive the market. Wrong, trade will become less. Any trader worth a dime will remove his or her goods from the market (I already did, I had large trading volumes. I reduced it to 0, gonna spend all my money now and then sit and wait) since the hyper inflation will make money worthless and unpredictable. Inflation will probably double each week or so. So if I sell something in 1 week, the profit will have halfed by week 2.*

"Maybe there is going to be inflation" Why wouldn't there be? There are going to be millions of Kamas dropped every friggin day by fighting monsters, left aside the fact that mining profits multiply much more than x20 and that people will now actually really exploit the game, by fighting "money mobs". And there is NO money sink in this game worth mentioning. Hell, they plan to make Zaaps even cheaper with the revamp. Multiply all kamas x20, but Zaap costs only x5? Smart move.

Guess what Ankama, you need to create MORE money sinks, not less. It is like talking to a wall here.

Last but not least, it does NOT work in Dofus or in any other MMO. You people just do not realize how utterly broken the economies there are. Dofus has had hyper inflation for years now to the point that every small item costs billions of Kamas these days.

That btw reverses the granularity of Kamas those devs babble on about (it is used completely wrong by them fyi). New players won't even be able to afford the simplest items through this proccess since the gobball set will cost 1.000.000.000 and they earn 100 kamas a fight. This is daily reality in Dofus btw, in case you want to tell me I am making this up.

*You might want to read up on the Weimar Republic in case you are wondering if such a quick inflation is possible. I am seriously questioning the devs have ever read up on any historical economic topic to learn a little before they invent their own funny system that is going to tank faster than you can spell "Weimar".
0 0
Score : 2123

I have a level 37 miner, but I have never minted a single kama in my entire wakfu play since release. On any character, yet I still manage to make lots of kamas. I always loved this feature, selling my bread, flowers and trading stuff for other things I need. Sad to see the trade-heavy system leave =(

0 0
Score : 790
Shaleigh1|2013-04-07 09:03:03

Last but not least, it does NOT work in Dofus or in any other MMO. You people just do not realize how utterly broken the economies there are. Dofus has had hyper inflation for years now to the point that every small item costs billions of Kamas these days.

New players won't even be able to afford the simplest items through this proccess since the gobball set will cost 1.000.000.000 and they earn 100 kamas a fight. This is daily reality in Dofus btw, in case you want to tell me I am making this up.
*You might want to read up on the Weimar Republic in case you are wondering if such a quick inflation is possible. I am seriously questioning the devs have ever read up on any historical economic topic to learn a little before they invent their own funny system that is going to tank faster than you can spell "Weimar".
While I do agree with some of your points, you are either purposely exaggerating like hell, or have logged in Dofus once in your life. There is no item in the game's entirety worth over a couple hundred mil, yet you claim measly materials and gobbal hats cost 1 billion kamas. Probably don't stray into Dofus territory, keep at it with the econ talk.
@ The guy who said he hates people who have over 100kk because they're bot users: You're precious and funny.
0 0
Score : 6308
caJuNN|2013-04-07 11:47:57

New players won't even be able to afford the simplest items through this proccess since the gobball set will cost 1.000.000.000 and they earn 100 kamas a fight. This is daily reality in Dofus btw, in case you want to tell me I am making this up.
While I do agree with some of your points, you are either purposely exaggerating like hell, or have logged in Dofus once in your life. There is no item in the game's entirety worth over a couple hundred mil, yet you claim measly materials and gobbal hats cost 1 billion kamas. Probably don't stray into Dofus territory, keep at it with the econ talk.
@ The guy who said he hates people who have over 100kk because they're bot users: You're precious and funny.

The gobbal hat thing is very true, I had to grind for weeks just in order to obtain 30kk (I got 300-400 kamas per fight) and getting a perfect one was nearly impossible as they cost around 60kk.
0 0
Score : 1782
Kikuihimonji|2013-04-06 22:07:52

*Ankama allows f2p to gain kamas*

You must be subscribed to buy this item.
0 0
Score : 459
Nanaers|2013-04-07 12:36:49
caJuNN|2013-04-07 11:47:57

The gobbal hat thing is very true, I had to grind for weeks just in order to obtain 30kk (I got 300-400 kamas per fight) and getting a perfect one was nearly impossible as they cost around 60kk.

Yes and 30,000 is exactly the same as 1 billion. Making money in dofus was never difficult because you could always sell scroll materials for a lot of money (e.g. 100 gobball horns for 20kk). This was a way of getting the stinking rich people who have the large majority of the worlds kamas to send some of it back to the poor noobs, but unfortunately bots were also abusing the high worth of scoll materials and ankama removed that system. Either way it's perfectly possible to earn money in dofus by crafting and selling... I used to make a ton of money just crafting mental rings, and that is an easy craft.

It's almost ironic that people would use the dofus economy as an example of an unhealthy economy, when the increased population in that game means that so many items are always available. The dofus economy is fine, and guess what, high prices means that you can sell your own items for a lot of money too. Even simple items are often not found in the market in wakfu! However this is a flaw with the market board system used in wakfu and not with the economy.

Clearly there will be an uncertain period right after the update, while players are not sure about the size of the economy, and don't know what prices are correct any more (x20 is obviously an underestimate), but I really do think that this will all blow over in a week or so.
0 0
Score : 992

I'm not really seeing how this change makes any difference whatsoever to the whole rich vs. poor thing - maybe in the first few weeks there will be some minor differences, but beyond that the current ridiculously expensive items will still be just as ridiculously expensive to match with the extra kamas dropped, and the people who can farm those items effectively will still be just as much richer than the rest of the playerbase. This change will likely make it easier to go from being poor to rich easier for a short time, but a few years down the road it will actually make it harder to go from being poor to rich (The current players will be able to buy equipment with the kamas they drop from mobs at a relatively low price - for players a few years down the road however the value of the kamas they get from drops will be negligible).

Hoarding kamas as a long term plan is obviously stupid when there will be lots of inflation, though there are probably still plenty of opportunities for buying/selling stuff as long as you spend your kamas shortly after you get them. Kind of ironically, because nobody will want to hold onto their kamas items might actually sell for more than they're worth in some instances - just because people want to get rid of their kamas ASAP.

0 0
Score : 3300
AoKishin|2013-04-07 13:20:31
Kikuihimonji|2013-04-06 22:07:52

*Ankama allows f2p to gain kamas*

You must be subscribed to buy this item.
Haha that's actually probably what will happen. Unless they actually allow f2pers to trade and use haven bags.
0 0
Score : 9082

I think it was first beta when they had all monsters drop kamas. Back then, there were no money sinks, so the market inflated like crazy. Now we'll have money sinks so I don't think it'll be as bad as everyone believes.

0 0
Score : 619
You guys stop making me panic, I will tell you that taking out calculator make me claim down a lot. Only bad thing about kama changed is crit/block idea. imo. Token is another story that I also sad that it's gone. but hey, Crafting revamp is coming. I hope they support craft weapon more. and then you guys dont have to rely on only gears drop from dungeon. how about hunt mats drop from dungeon for crafting instead?

Concept
: Heven world will have bit system to get them for a term and have to bit every time to have the Heven world. This mean for the most active guild to own their own home.

Currently : Only Crafter an Enus can be most effective on generating kamas. (never mention business play people, we have those who play with prices to be rich in every game.)

Solution : Putting active people into wealthy list so the guild with more active people in guild will make any kind of guild able to reach Heven world as long as they active.

Price digit will go sky rocket... yes know that."They intently do that to make cost different form 1 kama on some price today" but the item's price will adjusted to the same value as today but different look soon.

I would accept the idea but not how Kama drop calculated. cuz it make people will go for crit/block build instead. take that out!

with roughly calculation from the information they give.

For low level,example lv 40 group. you will gain about 40/6 = 6 kama per fight with same amount of time. or about 80 kama per hour.
so 1 kama today is about 80 kamas in future. In other word, last 2 digit will be like a dime.

High level monster will now give about 500 kama for lv 500 group in example. (yet unshare) or 500/6 = 83 Kamas per fight.
one fight use up about 5 mins or more. for 1 hours, you can grind about 996 kamas. or if last 2 digit is just a dime, it's about 9.96 kamas per hour.

Which the calculating is actually have to be less if people leeching because to be able to kill monster, you will have some people 10-20 level higher than mob and other for leeching. the level different give lower kama is good idea.
Will that stop leeching? "NO"

for Crafter, 10 sec per 2-3 ores. + walk times. for one loop you get about 50 ores(about 5-10 mins) last recipe use 3 ores per 85 kamas. that will give about 1400+ kamas for a loop. or about 8500-17,000 kamas an hour. (8-16 times faster than killing monster) if last 2 digit is a dime, it's let's say it's 85.00 - 170.00 kamas per hour which is almost the same rate as today, sound good enough?

as I remember , Dev said kama will have one more digit on kama. but this change give 2 more of digits.

The kama will be spends on Travelling and Heven world.

if AP ammy today cost 3000 kamas, it will be about 300,000 kamas in future. or more since people can get money from killing monsters.
Zaap prices will be about 200 kamas each time in the future. (2-3 fight with high level monster!)
Cross Nation price will be about 500 kamas each time in the future
Island price will be about 2000 kamas in the future.
1 high level dungeon run = 4 fights give about 332 kamas without bonus.
low level bread will be cost 100 kama per 10 bread. or might be 50 kama each instead of selling in pack of 10.

Cloudy key from 2 kamas turn into 20 kamas each
piwi key from 1kama turn into....eer..... 1 kama.
Gobball key from 1 kama turn into.... about 5 kamas
lv 35-ish key from 1 kama turn into... around 40 kamas
0 0