FR EN ES PT
Browse forums

Dev Talk #4

By #[Troyle] March 30, 2012, 16:04:44
We come back to you today with a brand new batch of questions and answers based on your feedback and concerns.

Kelba Island and Sadida Forest were already in Beta: why advertising them as a new content?

That’s right, Kelba Island and Sadida Forest were territories part of Amakna and Bonta. The beta allowed us to test their concept, and we decided to adapt them in the Gold version.

Since then, these two areas have been completely revamped: exclusive and re-balanced monster families, new equipment (craft included), all to better fit high level players.

To give you an example as to what these changes bring, let’s take the Kelba Island. We included a brand new dungeon with an exclusive boss, along with a unique Worldboss: Black Crow. Furthermore, this area also includes a Marketplace shared between all nations.

And since you’re eager to get new areas, we already want to announce you the name of the next new one: Monk Island!

More on that in the next days…

When will we see the Rogues back?

Rogues are coming! And to be more specific they will be included in the next content update, beginning of May…

We will tell you more about it until then.

Will you re-balance classes once and for all?

Balancing takes time to be effective. In order to have the best set up possible, we need character from all classes and all levels. This is not yet the case in game.

It is important for us to keep every aspect in mind to balance classes the best way possible. One of these aspects is high level equipment, which just appeared in the last content update.

We hope this will help you understanding our purpose and why this balancing can take time.

Why are not all bugs reported by players fixed yet?

The team greatly appreciates the effort you put into reporting bugs. We look into them and fix them by priority, which is why they are not always fixed in the same order as they were reported.

Spell experience is deemed too low, will it change?

We prefer to keep spell balance as it is for the moment. We worked on the system for quite some time and we don’t want to modify it just yet. We already have a lot of work ahead with class balance, bug fixing and more, that require our full attention. However, we heard your concerns and do not exclude working on it again later.

Concerning the new loot system, do we all start with 0 Prospecting?

No, you all start with 100. The character sheet only displays the bonus value (0 when you start), but not the base prospecting (already 100). This is the same for all classes.

When will there be an ingame mailing system?

Guilds will receive a lot of improvements in the next update, including guild chests. We believe that this should help you trading your items.

An ingame mailing system will be much more complicated to implement, and will not be implemented before some time.

Changing nation?

Choosing a nation is one of the first things you’re asked to do in the game, and is not a decision to take lightly! This choice will influence you complete game experience, politics, and the way you contribute to the World of Twelve.

That being said, we know that many of you asked for this feature and we’re already looking into integrating such system to the game, not before some month however.

Do you plan on adding double slots for fight/cosmetic equipment?

For next update, we want to add a feature allowing you to combine all pieces of a set into a single item.

However we do not plan on adding double slots yet.

What should we do with our old golden harvesting tools?

You old golden harvesting tools can be destroyed as they will not have any use in game. To compensate we added consumable craft items improving your professions.

Here are some examples giving you a 10% harvesting speed bonus for 15 minutes:

• Gum Gum (Level 20 Miner recipe) : 15x Classic Carbon
  • Menthol (Level 20 Herbalist recipe) : 20x Mint Leaf
  • Tube-Shaped Fiber (Level 20 Farmer recipe) : 15x Tuberbulb

N.B.: these values could change
Reactions 29
I'm surprised no one posted yet even when this thread mentions that "Rogue will be coming out in the next patch."

Good to hear that.

THe only thing I will be hating is that we will be stuck with Broken Cra and stuffs for a whole month unless there's a hot fix patch that involves nerfing and buffing.

Nyeheh~
Troyle, I do hope you reply this time, but once again, we need a list with how the spells should work because I just wasted 7 levels worth of spell points leveling a spell called shadow trap, you see?
And that perception from shadowtrap only lasts for 2 turns, now have I known this prior I would not have wasted any levels wasting this shit spell, now I know you might not like my attitude but that attitude is the result of anger, now please can you tell me when I can get my points back because Ankama once again failed to explain a spell properly?
Rogue coming next content patch!

"May!"

Aww hell. sad
One more month to wait? ...
usually i don't write at all,i am more reader.but one point worries me a bit.

[code]The team greatly appreciates the effort you put into reporting bugs. We look into them and fix them by priority, which is why they are not always fixed in the same order as they were reported. [/code]
as i could see it,in the latest patch. the devs are more worried (higher priority) towards a covering boots,from a mall item, then 2 passive skills from one class (cra) and another from enu (hp+ by DrHellzerker) and several more (you get the point)
basically they tell us pretty clear "our priority lies in the Mall, not in the functionality towards the classes and characters ingame."
kinda worry-some.

Just my 2 Cents,Regards
synt|2012-03-30 20:02:17usually i don't write at all,i am more reader.but one point worries me a bit.

[code]The team greatly appreciates the effort you put into reporting bugs. We look into them and fix them by priority, which is why they are not always fixed in the same order as they were reported. [/code]
as i could see it,in the latest patch. the devs are more worried (higher priority) towards a covering boots,from a mall item, then 2 passive skills from one class (cra) and another from enu (hp+ by DrHellzerker) and several more (you get the point)
basically they tell us pretty clear "our priority lies in the Mall, not in the functionality towards the classes and characters ingame."
kinda worry-some.

Just my 2 Cents,Regards

dude you really think the devs are the ones working on the "mall" as you want to call it? obviously some animators or whatever work on that, not the same group that is actually developing the game.

on an unrelated note though, whoever you are mr. moderator who would edit my post to remove all the swearwords that could get me banned on the forum and in-game, please reply too, thanks a lot.
30.03 = Fail...
Fixed drop system...

I have 122 PP....
so,

28-29.03.2012
Kill Drheller, drop ~4x Skin
Kill 2x Rokoko/Koko..., drop ~8x Koko Branch...

Kill Drheller, drop always 1 skin...
Kill 3x Rokoko/Koko..., drop ~2x Koko Branch...

THIS is JOKE ? ...
40-50lvl crafing must create 450 items...

3x Skin Drhell... 5x larva skin, 3x copper, 10sobber toad...
so
x450
1350x Skin Drhell,
2250x larva skin
1350x copper
4500x sobber
... joke ? in 40-50lvls leather dealer ...

kill 1350x group ? ....
I wasn't expecting any of the 2 missing classing to be added any time soon, so it's great to know that the Rogues will be released within a month or so. Keep up the good work wink

Also, Nsuidara, I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm dropping up to 8 gob wool per fight with 2 gobbals, while before the patch I was dropping zero to a maximum of three (most of the time). Still, I agree that it's a pain to level any crafting profession. I myself crafted 400 bonta root beer and only got about 5 levels up with Chef... I say triple the exp should give us a nice boost and encourage lazy/not-with-enough-time people to actually craft something.
Dear ankama, i wear equipement for 103 prospecting and i'm totally unable to drop anything while soloing.

I agreed that the drop rate of the patch was exagerated, but now is SHIT.

I dont have any intention of multiaccounting, cause i play for fun, and i dont have any intention to ask my comerade to come and farm a tons of puddly chef cause i have to leveling leather dealer.

So i'm forced to dont' leveling the jobs anymore, cause grinding at those levels is pretty boring, you know.

I hope you guyz of ankama can step back on this move (and actually, to step back seem to be a pratice you enjoy a lot).

Also, even this time no news about a bank system to trustfully exchange items betwenn a same account, despite meanwhile the moderators of your forums suggest to multiaccounting.
Pretty despicable.

And what are you on about, blabbering about the rebalancing the classes? Every aspect? take time?

Cra and xelor are just oneshotting everyone in pvp, are you blind or what?
We dont have even the pillars of a balance, please, dont mess with us.
Nsu, I havve better drop then befote patch you know. Solo or in team. Before patch, gobbal drop from 1 room gob dun was about max 2x wools + 1x something. After the patch it was 2x wools, 2x horns and 5x skin. So it's not that bad. Also now I can drop this funny leather thing from puddly. Changed this PP thing looks good for metongue 
i love the new prospecting system, especially with my guild mates.

ill leave the rebalancing to you ankama, being all "pathetic" and complaining wont do anything at all.

but im curious when will masqueraider come out?
And I like new Prospecting system. Simply because Enutrof is now essential part of every high level dungeon/grind team.

Keep doing the good job... but focus on class balance (right now it's more like im-balance biggrin).
Still waiting for them to release Makabragger in boutique.

Nyeheh~
I know you guys say "Balancing will take time" but just as long as it does get looked into, because some classes are seriously overpowered right now... Not even gonna go into specifics because I can't be bothered with the people who obviously play those classes jumping up and down to try and defend them.

Other than that, happy with things like guild chests, that'll definitely help me trade a few things around without having to poke my friends with a stick. Also looking forward to the potential of nation changing...

Definitely looking forward to trying Rogue though, and it'll be funny watching the sudden influx of them in Incarnam as soon as they're released xD
... you are all stupid ?

27.03.2012 - is PATH

Drheller dropped 1-4 Drheller Skin!
~2 Rokoko/Koko group dropped 4-8 Koko Branch!!!!

Drheller dropped 1 Drheller Skin! - always
~3 Rokoko/Koko group dropped 2 Koko Branch!!!! - always

no bug ? is bug!!!
I have 122PP!!!!
Rogues not coming out till May.. Wow.. i just hope Masq's are coming out with them.. =/
Nsuidara|2012-03-31 14:18:17... you are all stupid ?

27.03.2012 - is PATH

Drheller dropped 1-4 Drheller Skin!
~2 Rokoko/Koko group dropped 4-8 Koko Branch!!!!

Drheller dropped 1 Drheller Skin! - always
~3 Rokoko/Koko group dropped 2 Koko Branch!!!! - always

no bug ? is bug!!!
I have 122PP!!!!
It was bugged before. The 4 dhreller skins you got? that was loot for a full party of 6 people. They fixed it now to give the correct amount when soloing. Read the patch notes
@UP, is very bad...
multiacount suport ... is no fer...

small people play and hard .. party craft...
FelixSc|2012-03-31 15:04:37Rogues not coming out till May.. Wow.. i just hope Masq's are coming out with them.. =/

If Masqueriders were going to come out with Rogues it would have been said, nothing was said so it's highly unlikely.
Respond to this thread