FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Summary: "Update 1.70" Livestream

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - November 09, 2020, 19:12:33
AnkaTracker
We hosted a live to reveal you the next additions that will take place for the 1.70 update. 

The live’s replay is already available here. Here is a written summary of what we discussed during the live.

Update 1.70 revealed

We are going to revamp the Shhhudoku Kingdom.

We think that it is an area that deserved to be completely revised in order to make it more dynamic and coherent with the WAKFU universe.

The idea of this revamp is based on the concept of a crackler stranded in the water.
Whisperers as you know them live on the back of this craclker, while other families of monsters and biomes graft themselves around and literally inside the crackler. Where does it come from, what is it used for? It will be up to you to discover it through the many mysteries to be solved in this new Kingdom.

It is said that the air in the area whispers things to those who want to hear…

Three new zones make their appearance, with their 3 families of monsters and their 3 associated dungeons:

Inside Grampar - Scramshells (level 201 to 215)

Tundra - Plantiguards (level 201 to 215)

Pingwins' Ice Floe - Pingwins (level 201 to 215)

Beta 1.70

We wanted to share the content of the 1.70 update with you so that you can test it and give us your feedback.

The Beta update will take place tomorrow (Tuesday 10/11). Stay tuned, we will keep you informed as soon as it is possible for you to access it.

In addition to the Shhhudoku Kingdom revamp, you'll also have the opportunity to test the other changes and additions we'll be making during 1.70, including:
  • The client optimizations we were talking about during the first live;
  • The improvements on the Feca, Foggernaut, and Masqueraider classes that we talked about during the second live;
  • The new epic & relic sublimations, and the balancing of the old ones;
  • Some ergonomic improvements for the game.

NB. This feature won't come with the next update.

Wild pvp

Since the survey we did on this subject, we have been thinking about the issue of upgrading pvp on servers.

We understand that the concerns that may have existed at the time about "wild" pvp still exist today - especially the fact that some players do not wish to be "forced" to participate in certain forms of pvp.

The pvp mode that we've advanced on should be a pvp mode that is open to everyone.

Conclusion

Update 1.70 will bring the revamp of the Shhhudoku Kingdom and its set of various improvements and additions. It will arrive during the first half of December.

More generally, more information will be communicated to you soon about the future work on the project. So see you on December 3rd for the Krosmonote.

Until then, good Beta and happy gaming on WAKFU smile
First Ankama intervention

Replying to Gold-Strow99

Dayum wub

See message in context
Reactions 42
Score : 102
8 -2

Dayum wub

Score : 125

exciting

0 0
Score : 4930

[Ankama]WAKFU
Since the survey we did on this subject, we have been thinking about the issue of upgrading pvp on servers.
We understand that the concerns that may have existed at the time about "wild" pvp still exist today - especially the fact that some players do not wish to be "forced" to participate in certain forms of pvp.
The pvp mode that we've advanced on should be a pvp mode that is open to everyone.

Can you also make sure that the PVP guarantees either a 1 VS 1, 2 VS 2, 3 VS 3, or 6 VS 6? In other words, equal number of players on both sides?

No sense in bringing back PVP if it means some random guy can do a 6 VS 1 against another player using 6 of his own accounts. That's just unfair advantage and it simply discourages PVP in your game entirely. There are many people in this game hoping for a fair PVP system.
8 -2
Score : 3900

Well it's fair in battlefields, since it's nation VS nation, bt yeah outside equal would be more fair

2 -5

It is only fitting for Siu to be the king of a lvl 215 island

2 -2
Score : 25

And what was the 'surprise'?

0 0
Score : 2145

The surprise was the return of pvp.

1 0
Score : 450

Will osamosa dgs mechanics gonna be revised? Since doing high stasis is pretty much imposible because of them.

0 0
Score : 5274

Penguins!

0 0
Score : 1403

Finally... my Whisper worship has paid off.

7 0
Score : 1

Certo mas, qual a surpresa que vocês disseram que teria nessa terceira live?

0 0
Score : 2145

A surpresa é o retorno do pvp.
The surprise was the return of pvp.

0 0
Score : 4238

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! Why... I mean... WHY does the shhhhdoku kingdom have to be revamped from a 110-level area to a 201-level area? Isn't it unfair to the low level players to CUT OFF a perfectly fine leveling ground for them just so you can cram more poorly-balanced monsters for endgame players to have ANOTHER place for needless suffering? If you're going to revamp it, good, that place is pretty stale, but keep the level range on it. Make it 110-140 instead of another elitist zone. I'm already lv 210 but I understand the pain of leveling up from the bottom.

0 -7
Score : 1403

Whisperers themselves look like they not changing level.
So that experience isn't going anywhere. 

4 0
Score : 213

WOOO I'M PUMPED

0 0
Score : 17618

[Ankama]WAKFU

I hope you know what you are doing there. This is something that needs to be implemented carefully in extreme. A single hole, or an exploit in the rules, and it can become a real mess again.
3 0
Score : 5607

Maybe it's going to work this time *hoping*

0 0
Score : 1675

Nice

0 0
Score : 111

Can we have guild vs guild pvp cotent please. I

3 0
Score : 5359

So.. I came back to check this 1.70 update and my main reaction is:
"That's it?!"
And nice! Wild PvP is back! The mechanic that made me, my guild friends and many new players quit this game is coming back! Woooo!! Aaah! How nostalgic it will be to see treads about PK surfacing again on the forum, the good-ol' times where everyone complained about being ganged and mocked by a full team of Lv200s and not being able to do anything about it!!

8 -2
Score : 311

we are going to be able to opt out of this open pvp, right?

0 0
Score : 111

I would suggest that if the wings are "Off/close" u cant PK them. But if the wings are "On/open" then you can PK. That way u can also earn merit/glory orbs by killing high ranking wings in an open world pvp, atleast there's a reason to PK. We can now grow our wings/ranking without waiting for battlefield because of the time zone differential. 

0 -3
Score : 4238

or at least make SURE whenever you challenge someone, they get to accept/deny it... And not using the enter key, otehrwise you can't keep a conversation going. I would make it STRICTLY click-based on the "yes/no" window.

2 0

Hello,

At this point we can't reveal much about the open PVP systems that we can have. But in case this wasn't clear enough: there will be a way to 100% opt out of the system. It's one of the basics of the feature because a significant part of the community thinks it's an absolute requirement.

(And the new PVP will not coming in December).

See you soon on the beta ! fire

Score : 3224

Ankama's track record being not all too great on promises, I'm expecting this "100% opt-out" option to be nothing but staying in a 'safe zone'. 

Also, the majority didn't welcome "Wild PvP" back, so why do it?

Next, many are in guilds with friends, none 200+, who won't be able to rescue you from a 'PK' (the old Dofus style rescue). I can see where this is going.
Mining areas and certain monster areas being controlled by a few players, as it was back in the days. Or a player not liking the ideas of another player and harassing them, haunting them throughout the game with these 'PK's.

All-in-all I can mention a lot of reasons why this will be a bad thing for the majority of your players Ankama, but at the moment you made the 'Wild PvP Poll' I knew you were going to re-introduce it, that is how you operate.

We'll see what a great mess this will be, or if your 100% opt-out system will prevent a mess.

0 0
Score : 4930

[Siu]|2020-11-10 16:27:40
Hello,

At this point we can't reveal much about the open PVP systems that we can have. But in case this wasn't clear enough: there will be a way to 100% opt out of the system. It's one of the basics of the feature because a significant part of the community thinks it's an absolute requirement.

(And the new PVP will not coming in December).

See you soon on the beta ! fire

A long shot, but still worth hoping that you can also make it equal number of players on both sides of the team. Maybe make the fight impossible to unlock and prevent players who are currently in a group from attacking another player who does not have a group.

For example, if someone wants to attack a lone player that has no group, they will have to leave their own group, and the fight cannot be unlocked once started. On the other hand, if you want to attack a guy who is in a group of 4, you can also choose to create your own group of 4 to attack him. This will create a simple way to have fairer PVP fights in the game. 

More people want a fair PVP system where its either 1 VS 1, 2 VS 2, 3 VS 3, etc etc, not a system where you can simply use 6 of your own accounts to do 6 VS 1s against other fair players. 
5 -1

Maybe have the wing above their head (if PvP enabled) display the size of their group so you can prepare.

1 0
Respond to this thread