FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

WAKFU Season 4: THE KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN IS UNDERWAY!

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - June 08, 2020, 16:30:00
AnkaTracker Announcements

To watch Yugo grow up. To find out what happens to Adamai. To see Eva, Percedal, Elely and Flopin again. To see what becomes of Amalia and the Sadida Kingdom. To learn what comes before WAVEN. And to see if Ruel is still whacking people with his shovel. In short, to reunite with the Brotherhood of the Tofu. The story starts now.

Months of waiting. Wondering whether there would ever be a next chapter in the adventures you've shared with us for years. During this time, even we weren't sure of anything. Our partners were unable to follow us down the path we'd chosen for ourselves, and no one else seemed ready to join us either… at least, not unless we changed our direction. At first, we feared that all was lost.

But your messages, your enthusiasm and our desire to try every possible option before giving up ultimately gave us the strength to take a daring leap. The solution we finally chose was one we had previously thought of, but it represents an incredible challenge. For a long time, we hesitated. But in a few early drawings, sketches and ideas, the fate of the Brotherhood of the Tofu was already starting to take shape…

The moment has come, and the challenge before us is immense. But with your help, we believe that anything is possible.

THE STORY STARTS NOW!

What stories will season 4 have to tell?

After facing Nox, a mage who controlled the gears of time; Qilby, a distinguished representative of Yugo's people with exceptional powers and intelligence; Ogrest, an ogre who lives at the top of Mount Zinit and is the source of a series of catastrophes that have struck the world; and the omniscient Oropo, a philosophical adversary who forced our heroes to confront their worst fears, what threat awaits the World of Twelve this time?

At the end of season 3, we left Yugo and his friends at the gates of Ingloriom, the kingdom of the gods. The floating lands seemed completely devastated. What happened? Where are the Twelve Gods? Is there a connection between their recent victory and the chaos in Ingloriom? How far will our heroes have to go this time to make it through? These questions form the starting point of the new fourth season.

Season 4 represents the next chapter in the adventures of the Brotherhood of the Tofu, and the pivotal moment between the Wakfu Era and the age of WAVEN.

WAKFU has been a huge success, and is lucky enough to have large and loyal community that truly loves it. But like its fans, the series has grown up over the years, and now addresses topics that are gradually moving beyond the kids' animation category. A crowdfunding approach will let us take the series to places it wouldn't be able to go without YOU. By supporting the campaign, you will be giving WAKFU and the team working on the project the total creative freedom they need to further develop the story and the characters with no artistic constraints.

So what's the plan?

Each episode costs several hundred thousand euros. This Kickstarter campaign will fund a part of their production. Ankama will commit to producing three episodes once the first goal of 100,000 euros is reached. Each additional 100,000 euros will then unlock another episode.

Rewards will be given for different levels of support: in-game gifts, art or collectors' items, figurines, and more. Note: These rewards are intended to make our backers happy and to thank them for their support, but the point of this campaign is to help fund a new season of the series you love, not to buy rewards.

After three animated series (DOFUS – Kerub's Bazaar, WAKFU, Abraca), two films in theaters (DOFUS – Book I: Julith, MFKZ) and plenty of other projects on the way, we're feeling at the top of our form. If you like what we've shown you so far… The best is yet to come!

In addition, after a somewhat hesitant crowdfunding campaign a few years back, we've acquired lots of experience in this area through our board game division (Monster Slaughter, Krosmaster Blast, Monster Slaughter Underground, Arkeis), and proven the seriousness of our efforts and our ability to fulfill our commitments.

So let's do this, everyone! Let's make Season 4 of WAKFU together!

What's a Kickstarter campaign? It's a way for anyone on the Internet to help fund a project that they care about, and that they'd like to see become a reality. In exchange for their support, each "backer" receives a reward (an exclusive item, a meeting with the project team, etc.). This reward varies with the amount that the backer contributes, or with the amount provided by all backers together.
First Ankama intervention

Replying to Bluhen

Hi Bluhen,

To add to yugo-elatrop-2000 and JSky's replies (thank you also!)

For #1

For digital assets (in-game rewards, wallpapers,…), the delivery will happen a few months after the Kickstarter ends, and before the end of 2020.

For #2 and #3

It means that the cosmetic rewards offered in the Kickstarter won't be offered in any other way for at least 30 months after they have been delivered to you.

[Flatops]
See message in context
Reactions 31
Score : 9944
Will there be weekly in game special items like the last wakfunding this time?
Or only kickstarter campaign? Hopefully the funding reach it's goals. kiss
It must be done! biggrin

Please enable payments via paypal on it please..
1 0
Score : 6023
I really hope that if have weekly in-game stuff too. 
0 0
Score : 17
i gladly support the animation, but these rewards are just meh imo, i'm only interested on the figurines
0 0
Score : 262
The rewards are definitely terrible. I was expecting at least a costume not mimisymbic pieces. I still pledged of course, but damn the rewards are anti-sauce.
0 0
Score : 315
Is the first tier reward a costume or just a mimisymbic set?
0 0
Score : 426
Will there be other cosmetic items in the shop to support the Kickstarter? I'll definitely back, just curious if there will other things as well
0 0
Score : 1366
rewards are beyond disappointing. I saved over 500$ for pledging the top tier. But now I can't wait to barely pledge at all. so lame ankama. way to drop the ball.
0 0
Score : 11646
Would you pledge for Ankama to continue their story with what seems to be a pretty epic, action-packed, drama-filled baker's dozen of episodes... or for some pretty reward that is bound to be forgotten one or two months later?
0 0
Score : 299
cute costumes where
0 0
Score : 1769
Rewards be like spoilers XD
0 0
Score : 18540
Awesome! It looks very promising fear

I know that the main goal of the Kickstarter is to fund the serie but still I'd like some clarification concerning to 3 things, specially because this is my first time participating in a Kickstarter:
  • I'd be willing to pay for the "Tree of Life" package but on the lower part it states a delivery date: Dicember 2021. Will I actually have to wait until the end of 2021 to get the in-game rewards?
  • Some items says that they are a "30-Month Exclusive". Does it means that after 30 monts (2 years and a half) the items from the kickstarter will become available for the other players or will they come back on special sales?
  • Will the items from this kickstarter have the same exclusive status as the ones from the previous campaigns?

I hope everything works out and the new season gets animated! happy
0 0
Score : 652
Probably you'll have to wait at least the 4th season production is finished.
And for the second point it means that after 30 months they could bring them back for special sales.
0 0
Score : 3691
WOW!
0 0
Score : 40808
Can flatops or someone at ankama confirm if the flopin cosmetic will be a mimisymbic set or a costume?

the description seems unclear and i'm assuming dofus is being used as a reference which is why its listed as a set. It would clear up a lot of confusion if someone at ankama could confirm for us
0 -3
Score : 315
Curious if it will be linked or not as well.
0 0
Score : 20
Is that red thing Orgonax?
0 0
Score : 41
Oh my gosh, it's so beautiful! Questioning why Qilby has gone to the dark side again? [This man can't seem to catch a break]. I'm so happy the kickstarter is happening, the stories seem already like they'll be epic! And thank you for including the Eliatropes (I was concerned the Gods would take up too much of the story for s4). Also, does this mean there are no remaining dragons besides the [former] council members? Does Qilby get to redeem himself? Or be redeemed with help? And why do I have the feeling someone decided to destroy the Sadida Kingdom? Also, Yugo does not have to accept magical help to become older that is my own opinion. Where is it written that height is a requirement for any leader? We've seen others like Master Joris and Kerrub have their own positions of power and they are by no means very big. Just saying. Magic isn't the answer to everything, including age.
0 0
Score : 6023
With the economic depression worldwide, and unemployment rate stay unstable in the country, while the shipment cost is higher than the pack itself, still, only choice would try to support the minimum pack at least. 
0 0
Score : 11646
To anyone wondering, they used Handel's Suite nº4 in D minor, Sarabande, for the trailer music smile
1 0

iNTiMiD4T0R|2020-06-08 16:31:19

Please enable payments via paypal on it please..

Hi Intimid4tor,

Unfortunately, Kickstarter doesn't allow Paypal and only accepts credit cards.

[Flatops]
Score : 9944
Thank you Flatops,
Crossed Half a million already. Good going! biggrin
Found way to chip in some as well. No worries. huh
0 0
Score : 26
Is there any chance that they will add the prior seasons to the kickstarter as a stretch goal for those who never had a chance to get the series in the previous kickstarter?
0 0
Hi Rena341,

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll discuss it with the team.

[Flatops]
Score : 1
So I'm wondering about the blu-ray in the rewards. I'm kind of interested in which languages will the Blu-ray be available? Or does it come with subtitles?
0 0
Hi RedPotatoEli,

The series will be available in French and English and subtitled in many other languages. Depending on the number of backers from each community, we might dub in other languages.

* Taken from the Kickstarter FAQ.

[Flatops]
Respond to this thread