FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Beta 1.68 Is Now Online!

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - June 02, 2020, 16:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements
Reactions 46
Score : 260

Can we please get a response to this? It is incredibly annoying to see that the server is up, but not be able to make it to the char selection screen, forget be able to poke at the beta itself. angry

0 0
Score : 187

hmmm

0 0
Score : 3270

*beta 1.68 in now offline

0 0
Score : 352

I have a team with 2 berserks with whom I do stasis 40 and higher than the last DJs. change the feca as well but don't change the armor system. so you force people either to change teams or to abandon the game. (the second choice is much more likely)

2 -2
Score : 19

How to access BETA with my current characters?

0 0

Hi Sibalnoma,

Kindly check our guide here. A note that your characters in the beta are not your characters in actual time.

[Flatops]

Score : 186

"Watch me type RIP OP TANK and fish for upvotes!"
Cringy redditors.

Just use panda. This game will never become fully balanced and it will never be like the old times. Every game is like this.
After the wakfu dev team removed my beloved clinging to life, i'm ok to nerfing everyone. It's not like i can't buy booster every month by selling some gears and trading kamas for ogrines. I will only stop playing when no conversion stones are being sold at the market.

4 -2
Score : 142

It's kind of unfair and rude to assume that people are Redditors. While Reddit is a cesspool of discrimination, censorship, and ignorance, it doesn't mean that negative views towards changes in this game are from the same people.

2 0
Score : 465

This is a long post, Tl;dr at the end.

At first I was pretty excited for the rework, considering what a cool job they did at remaking the fogger (in my opinion). ALL your spells get to be glyphs!? What!? That’s SO cool! AND YOU CAN FUSE THEM!? BROOOOOOO!!! Imagine all the cool combinations you could make! Sure, the loss of my favorite spell (drip) was a blow, and… for some reason they can’t directly give armor now, except through extremely conditional spell usage or by blowing all their WP…? And their Glyphs also take WP to use and are smaller AND only last a turn…? What’s going on here…? Well, surely the changes should feel like I’m still able to play the Feca I know and love, so enough thinking, let’s test it out. I log on, and the first thing I test out are what I’m most excited about, the new glyphs and their myriad fusions! But turns out it’s literally just a cross with the elemental damage type and amount of the spell casted, no mp reduction, no ap reduction, no extreme damage (except for Fecastopheles, which does above average damage). Oh wow, okay, well that was a letdown, but what about their fusions! Surely those fusions give it special attributes, right? Nope, literally just a damage addition of the casted spell to the glyph and a change in damage type. Ok, this is officially starting off really bad.

On that note I want to preface this academic dissertation by stating that I have played new Feca for over 7 hours now, theory-crafting and experimenting with their new possible builds and play style. So nobody come at me saying “B-but you haven’t even played them yet!!1! Y-you don’t know what they’re really capable of! I bet if you were to build optimally, and p-play them like you’re supposed to, you’d f-find yourself having a lot of fun!1!!” No. Don’t tell me how I have fun. I know how I have fun. I have fun by playing the same class I’ve been playing for years, and this isn’t it. With that out of the way, let’s move on to my thoughts on the Feca rework.

I SERIOUSLY disagree with the direction in which you're taking the Feca here. I get that you want players to choose between one of the three aspects: Protector, Tank, and... DPS? What? No Feca player has ever played the class to be a DPS. Live feca literally has 1 spell and 1 skill that are strictly for dps, flame carpet and Inversion (which arguably is primarily a support skill, but is used to help feca dmg be more comparable to regular characters for 2 turns so that they can actually solo) and MAYBE magma (which is used primarily for the crowd control, but whatever). Out of all 3 archetypes, the DPS support is extremely uninspired, not to mention weak and extremely clunky, but more on that later.Protector and Tank role support on new Feca is acceptable. By that I mean that it can stand up on its own, and do each one individually as well - or perhaps better - than Live Feca, and so I understand the direction you took here; I don’t LIKE it, because there are inherent parallels between the two roles to justify them sharing a similar play style (i.e the armor spells in the kit protect your allies AND you, why separate how well the character can do both, and if you’re going to do it, why do it in a way that gimps the other, so as to ensure you can barely do both, if at all, at the same time?) but I understand that you want to give each branch a more separate identity, I just wish you hadn’t completely removed a player’s agency in choosing to do both at the same time like in live, even if at a slight disadvantage.

Speaking of which, this change certainly feels like a slap to the feca of every face player (heh) in the game right now, I mean I’m lvl 132, which means I’m not even as invested as most feca mains in the game, and I STILL feel terrible seeing as this rework feels like it was intended to be more of a direct nerf to the class rather than a rework to make it feel more fun to play, which you’d imagine would be the ONLY point of ANY changes being made in a videogame, but I digress.I don’t know why the changes I’ve commented on are being made (in this manner, at least) and I don’t like them, but I’ll still play them and try to make them work, because I love the unique class, lore, fantasy, flavor, and identity.

What I DON’T understand whatsoever is why in the world did you take such a cool concept: that of a control tank that taxes and forces you to fight in his area in order to protect his team while at the same time lifting his team up so they can perform above their limits - which very few games implement or get right in the first place – and THROW it away…? What about that fantasy, flavor, and identity? What happened to the stalwart protector that uplifted his allies? We gave up that fantasy with this rework so that he could become the beta in the back that’s too scared to walk up to a girl, so he has to tell his wingman to talk to her for him. And if not that, then now Feca’s just a way, way, WAY, more underwhelming, and frankly boring, version of Live Feca… which again, why did you “rework” a class if you’re not going to make them more fun to play? I mean, I thought your Fogger update was decent, I really liked the old school earth tank archetype, so I’m glad you brought it back, and the new fire tree has a unique mechanic that supports a play style the fogger is already known for, even if it did come at the cost of some flexibility, some of which was given back through the water tree, and the main core element of the class identity, the use of stasis, is still present and just as strong if not stronger than before, albeit with more restrictions on it, but let’s face it, fogger was only played ONE way before the rework, long range artillery, anything else the class offered was negligible, that’s all they brought to the table: dmg, rails, and more dmg. THAT’S what makes a good rework. Reinforcing class identity while introducing new styles of play; add, don’t subtract, from the class and its identity: elementary, right?

Your Feca rework doesn’t show it, being shoddy at best. I mean what’s with those shields? We lost the frontline chad that buffed his team in exchange for what? Quirky “shields” that you can’t even consistently use, which can put even the most brilliant physics engineers into a candy-crush-player, comatose-like vegetative state due to how BORING they are (except the Staff, Rampart, and Avalanche shields, those are actually unique AND have an effect that can be played around for equally rewarding and fun bonuses, credit where credit is due.)And all this? I could work with it, really. I could legitimately say if this was all the changes did: change up shield mechanics and separate the class into 2 more distinct styles of play, I can honestly say that I’d still enjoy the class. Why? Well of course, because the core is still there. The area-control chad that, while he might no longer want to square up with the best of ‘em, can still rally his team as a commander during a battle. OR while he might not be able to buff his allies like before, he could still get down in the mud with his enemies and keep them there, draining them and besting them in a battle of attrition.

I’d be fine with either of those. The problem is: the glyphs are basically nonexistent with the rework. Seriously, here’s what glyphs are for in the rework, ready? Damage. On a Feca….DAMAGE. I mean just thinking about it blows my mind. Why would we take a mechanic that’s so synonymous with the class that you literally never meet a player OF that class that DOESN’T use that mechanic…and just… scrape it? We made the tank (or protector, whatever) class have zero (read it: ZERO) crowd control in both of it’s new archetypes. Feca used to have Hammer, Earth glyph, Provocation, Avalanche, Teleportation, Magma, Steam, AND Inversion as crowd control skills that could force the enemy to ‘square-up’- metaphorically of course - with the feca and stay in his area of control. The glyphs were just OKAY if the feca forced you to stay in them for one turn, and that OKAY is because the dmg on them was below average for their cost (justified by their crowd control element and their multiple-turn duration, with the exception of flame carpet, but again,that was their strictly dmg spell). Now? Glyphs are the smallest they’ve ever been, with none of the crowd control, and with a – wait for it - One. Turn. Duration. If you’re going to make glyphs cost a WP (or 2 WP if you want to make them an actual respectable size) then you can at least make the damage and effect good, or make WP really easy to get? But no, the only difference between a glyph and the spell is that it becomes AOE, that’s it, really, so there goes the glyph mechanic, thanks Obankama… Oh but don’t fret sweet child, you can get to have the old “crowd control” feca back if you just use up one of your passive slots for earth (and ONLY earth) glyphs to behave like they used to in the past. And you can also have the size of the glyphs to be similar to what they used to be! You can EVEN have their duration last a whole TWO turns, WOW! I mean, these improvements will come with more drawbacks than they’re worth, but hey, at the low cost of a measly three passive slots, you get to feel like a gimped Live Feca! That’s pretty good, right!?

…No, it’s not good. It’s insulting. This whole “rework” is insulting. I’m aware this is the beta. I’m aware this isn’t the final product, per se. But I’m also aware of your track record with reworked classes. The foggers are far in between to the (current) fecas, and I’m honestly scared because I REALLY love this class. I have a guild (a small guild, but it’s mine nevertheless) named Protect specifically because I LOVE everything about the class, from looks, to lore, to feel, to flavor and fantasy, everything! And all of a sudden they need to get “reworked” into a support class like the first Osa rework? You know how long it took for them to become viable - and admittedly, they’re pretty strong now - again? And from what I’ve played, I don’t like the way my favorite class feels after the rework. They’re not the wall that exhausts you and beats you through attrition anymore, and they’re also not the buffers they used to be, having lost their flexible direct damage and myriad other buffs in exchange for gimped versions that, while…I can’t even say they’re unique, because they’re not (barring the 3 mentioned above), they’re honestly just okay, and that’s not okay.You took the unique glyph mechanic and identity of a control tank that taxes you for fighting him in his area but then just nerfed it all around and gave it some bonus passives to make up for the nerfs to pigeonhole feca players into one of 3 play styles, none of which feel satisfying to play-as because the newly introduced glyph and shield mechanics are not only immediately weaker, but also don't have enough support in any of the branches or newly introduced passives to add anything creative to the class and make any one archetype even remotely equal in fun or effectiveness - even when fully investing in it – when compared to Live Feca.

If this 2000+ word opinion piece (and I admit that’s what it is, no arguments there) doesn’t convince you that I at least care for and love the class as much as I claim I do, then I don’t know what will. I know many of you will just skip to the end, and I don’t blame you for it, it IS long, but I assure you, I considered every word I wrote, and did it all in good faith, because I’m not out here to just complain. There IS a respectable direction in which the Feca rework can go. I UNDERSTAND what the intent is, I give credit where credit is due, and I think it could be a really cool idea, I do. But in its current iteration, this rework is just flat out disrespectful to the many dedicated Feca players that have played the game for years. I hope Ankama and the community see my post and agree that I’m only so full of zeal because I love the class, and I only want it to remain the class I love. Thank you for sticking around, it really shows that you care about the class. Good day, and godspeed.

Tl;dr: I shortened what I wrote and made it as easy-to-read and entertaining as I cared to while being really bothered by the changes made. Read the dissertation if you care about feca rework, and if you don’t care about it then you have no place arguing about the feca changes in the first place.

*Edited to make it not such a block of text and easier to read.

6 0
Score : 3068

How can we test the monsters on Osamosa Island if we can't plant any monsters. Is this a bug or intentional?? Would be nice if someone from Ankama answered.

0 0
Score : 6557

You can teleport inside the dungeon are test the mobs and view their stats inside there. Just that they are in groups and won't be able to find single or smaller groups like outside for the moment.

The issue regarding planting and such seems to be a wip with the professions, (Just an assumption.) could be just a straight up bug as well. Will be seeing more changes in the coming days.

0 0
Score : 138

hahahahaha, revamps? so funny, i see another D&D here. lmao

0 -1
Score : 1490

rip feca

1 -1
Score : 570

how we can download beta version?

0 0
Score : 1861
0 0
Score : 5122

Its a new lvl cap shouldn't we getting new spells and passives aswell for existing classes? or are we just aiming for new equipments? 

0 0
Score : 524

I lost most of my characters on every account i have, or even all of them on some accounts. I just want to be sure if this was intentional, or will it be troublesome once the update goes live?

0 0
Score : 6557

The beta uses an older backup from the live version to import your characters, So, no your characters are safe. What you see on beta is not reflected on live. It is just a previous saved check point. Don't worry about it.

0 0
Score : 6

It had been better removing feca from the game, instead of massacring him. Rip feca

1 0
Score : 1490

Can you turn Shadowfang, Nogord and Ogrest into level 215 UB's?

0 0
Score : 4054

Then, could it be unfair to those already beat it while in Lv200? As if Lv215 mean higher stat thus higher difficulty. May be they could add another Lv215 challenge for achievement but remain the standard Lv200 one. 

0 0
Respond to this thread