FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Survey: Level 215, Wild PvP & Enchantment

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - January 13, 2020, 17:00:00
AnkaTracker
Reactions 150
Score : 84

I'm pretty sure I took my year plus time out before due to wild PVP, and was *overjoyed* to come back and be able to go about the game in peace. I hate PvP. I may be a minority, but I really *insert stream of expletives* hate it. I'm a crafter, and 90% of the time, unless it's dungeon time, I just want left the heck alone to work. Unless there's a way to opt out of it, this would drive me back to not playing at all. I do NOT want to have to support two builds, and would be super frusterated to be engaged in combat while wearing all harvesting gear. Hello 50% handicap. I'm not geared/statted for PvP as it is, nor do I care to be.

Not high enough leveled to comment on the 215 thing, do think something better could be done with the enchantment system.

11 -2
Score : 1177

Same, the game lost more players during pvp than after pvp was changed to battle arena. Anyone that says otherwise is lying. Open world pvp is something people accepted in the days of Lineage and AION. We're so far away from these days though. People don't come home from work to be ganked by someone with 2 Hero accounts or being forced to do pvp because that's where progression is.

3 -3
Score : 1006

Enchantment system destroyed the game.

8 -1
Score : 294

Please, no level 215. More lv200 content instead. Making enchanting easier to max out would also be welcome.

4 -2
Score : 4857

I don't know how much more Lv200 content you want there, pal..
There is already a lot of content for Lv200 and I feel that if Ankama doesn't increase the cap it will become stale and pointless if people are already max level anyway

2 -1
Score : 101

Please do not increase the level cap. I'm not even lvl 200 yet, if we get more levels it's gonna be a real pain in the ass, sorry to say that but the insane amount of exp to get there is just crazy. If you still increase the level cap, then it'd be nice if the boosters give us more exp than before.

2 -2

They stated that if they did increase the cap they would also readjust the exp gain so getting to Lv1~200 would be easier so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you..

0 0
Score : 441

I do not want to see a level cap increase. I've been really happy with the recent additions to level 200 content (Shadofang, Pandalucia, Sadida Kingdom) and would rather see the current endgame expand than see all of the current endgame become irrelevant. On my server, I rarely see people run Moon dungeons; I've even spoke to players who are near level 200 who have not visited all (or any) of the dungeons on Moon, because that content is made irrelevant by the existence of level 200 dungeons and gear. I would never want to see that same thing happen to the level 200 tier.

Massive amounts of time and materials have been invested into my characters' endgame gearsets. I am rewarded for this investment by being able to more easily clear endgame (relevant) content and obtain valuable endgame drops. I cannot say this about making a level 185 ALS build. The only reward for having a level 185 build would be End of Season chests in that tier, which is nowhere near sufficient enough of a reward to motivate me to make these gearsets. The EoS chests give a pitiful amount of Shards and have a miniscule chance at dropping any Epic or Relic runes, which would be the only valuable endgame loot I could possibly get from those chests. Increasing the level cap would make the level 200 tier become the new 185 tier, greatly reduce how much I am rewarded for my level 200 gearsets, and most importantly of all, cause me to have to go through the incredibly painful process of making a gearset in the Enchantment system all over again.

I think the Enchantment system has one core flaw; a player can sacrifice an item and get absolutely nothing out of it. It isn't fun to grind for several hours to get enough materials to upgrade an item to Legendary, only for that item to fail to make me any progress whatsoever when I go to sacrifice it. It's up to the whims of RNGesus whether or not my hard work will turn out to be a total waste of time or be greatly rewarded every time I step up to that Enchantment table. I can work 3 times as hard as someone else to improve my gear, and still end up with a worse gearset than them.

Overall, I think the Enchantment system is better for the game than the old Rune system. I'm very happy with how powerful my characters are, and how much easier it is to progress while leveling up and getting to the endgame. It's truly fun, satisfying, and rewarding to run any content with my completed characters. The results at the end of it all, I'm very happy with. I just think that the journey getting to this point was really not enjoyable, and feels hopeless rather than exciting.

What I'm trying to say is, the topics of increasing the level cap to 215 and the Enchantment system each bring defined problems to my mind which are related to one another. First, End of Season and ALS is not rewarding enough (in part because of the difficulty of the Enchantment sytem). Second, the Enchantment system is too random to be motivating. If one or both of these problems were fixed, I would be more keen to an increase in the level cap.

Enchantment could be made less random in a multitude of ways, such as increasing the chances of getting 4 slots or white sockets based on how many charges that have been used on an item. Another suggestion I've heard is for a certain number of charges to guarantee certain results, which seems pretty fair to me.

End of Season should give more rewards that are relevant to endgame. It could be as simple as increasing Shard rewards, because there's currently no way to effectively generate Shards. Doing anything to make End of Season rewards more impactful to endgame would make ALS much more interesting to endgame players. ALS could also be made more interesting by revamping the Mentor system. Something like adding a daily quest to run a dungeon in Competitive mode with an at-level player that gave a reward valuable to endgame players would do wonders for ALS, I think.

4 0

Problem is.. There is only so much content Ankama can add to Lv200.. Eventually they will have to go beyond that or simply stop creating Lv200 content and focus on between levels, I see no issue in this.. I joined this game for the first time when the max level was 125 so I don't care to see another level cap increase.

3 -3
Score : 16595

Well, I answered the poll, but now commenting more stuff here...

About level cap 215. What for? Right now, you reach 200 and feel like the end of the path. Honestly, most if not all of my chars have reached the level 200 by meant of environmental quests rather than combats. Adding more after that would mean just more grinding for no special reason. Equipment replacement is up to certain point a minor problem (each new update always has some piece changed for another, unless it happens to be a not affordable booster-only area), but adding a few quests over that wouldn't make it any different. Leveling at highest levels tends to become tedious, and it would feel like going into it again. Too much grinding for not rewarding enough stuff.

About enchantment, basically repeating the same once again. Getting that 4th socket at lower chances, then getting the right color for you at lower chances, and if going for it, getting the right order for those at lower chances yet, all of them requiring copies of the same item, with the added chance of getting zero for your effort is what kills the interest in the way it currently works. Then repeat for every piece of equipment for each char. It's affordable for crappy white and maybe green items, but anything beyond that is more a punishment than a rewarding system. It NEEDS a way that doesn't rely 100% on random randomness over random rolls as it is right now.

About the wild PvP, I've read about the stuff you have in mind, and it's very very very very very paradoxical...

First, we all know that PvP is a seriously unbalanced field. Classes being better than others is a minor thing, but Hardcore PvPers are always optimally equipped, and usually going in full groups. No matter what the casual player might do, it will always be outnumbered and/or overpowered by the Hardcore PvPers. Now, if you add a restriction for no groups, or no heros, or no sidekicks, or to get the stats from their equipment reduced to match those of a casual non-PvPer, you are basically killing their reason to get into PvP stuff. Regardless of the intended measures to make it a "fair" combat, it will never be fair, nor for the victim not wanting to be involved, nor for the PvPers who spent time optimizing their equipment.

Second, if you allow wild PvP for then being punished with jail time (unavoidable jail time, should I guess), you are basically saying "You can attack, but for then wasting your gaming time (and possibly booster time) in jail after that". This is basically adding wild PvP for not using it. Or for extreme griefers trollers to keep harming the playerbase with several accounts.

Third, and here we go with repeated past errors... Regardless of the amount of measures intended to keep a balanced and healty open PvP, it can easily get out of control, and Nox server was the best example of it. Combine this with politics for creating a wild PvP playground, and once again we are returning to the "Booster users screwing the non-booster ones". Some users get booster to progress faster and getting their stuff, but others seem to want it for enjoying throwing chicken bones at non-booster ones. And again, support and forum being flooded by complains of casual non-PvPer users. Is this what you really want again?

Even when I only got involved back then in PvP to attemp to stop that open PvP playground wicked plan, I know the thrill of playing the outlaw, or even the fox fleeing from the hounds (this part is fun too biggrin). But right now it lacks of that feature that should be considered for PvP and maybe even for PvE combats: FLEEING FROM BATTLE. Right now it's either you kill them or you get killed. And we all know that when they get attacked by the Hardcore PvPers, it's a guaranteed defeat. What about the speedy way of getting distance from the enemies during a given amount of rounds, and then rolling the chance of escaping based on that accumulated effect (this when they don't get 1-shot in the first round of combat without having moved yet)? The victim escapes, a temporary anti-PvP effect protects it from being attacked again for a couple of minutes (by the same players involved or by anyone else too, considering group ganking too), and it can evade from the situation and return to the safety of city or wherever else place they want to. The reward of cunning and speed over brute force. Wakfu combats need this, possibly for both PvE and PvP. This might also prevent those 45 minutes locked fights intended to end in a draw or to delay the player for annoyance.

PvP needs a lot of serious added rework and rebalance if you want it to truly work. I fear that this considered stuff wouldn't be enough, nor would make it any better either.

6 0
Score : 771

Hi, I took the survey already. More PvP? it's fine. Enchantment? it's fine. 215?! It's NOT!
When you cap a level (like in any others game) you cap it at the beginning, not after years the game got released.
It's really simple why. I'm an endgame player now and when I was getting close to 185-200 I never bought a single 185 gear or higher because I knew I was gonna change it anyway. I experienced that and by doing that I saved tons and tons of kamas.
If the cap rise to 215, it means all my 200 legendary gears, relic runes, epic runes and all shards I invested in are good to be throw away.
Why? because I have to change it and so send millions and millions of more kamas for just +15 levels? that's not even a big difference but for your kamas wallet it will be a BIG difference!
Second, you want to sell this 200 gears. All endgame players won't buy it (so people with usually good amount of kamas) and if people do like me to save kamas because not everyone spend all their time to farm kamas or their irl money to buy conversion stones.
Utimately, this 200 gears might not even be worth to be buy, in my opinion.

People saying they don't care about cap rising or they agree with that are just being unconscious and talking about something they don't know.
Who in the world finished a perfect gear set (70 Millions kamas), within an update gets to change this set for just fifteen more levels. Even if you sell all the gear (this is gonna take you a long time as well) you won't get this 70 millions back, you will lose beneficts and I assume 215 will be even more expensive (logic) so it's so complicated for us, endgame players to deal with that.
Do anyone know a game, after years did a cap rise? League of Legends yeah but here it doesn't affect your characters AT ALL + you don't even have a cap in league of legends.
So no, please think again about this cap rising and forgive the idea.
Thank you

2 -1
Score : 4854

I wouldn't compare it to league lvls because nothing past lvl 30 in that game means much other than a brag number but I get where you are going with it. 

0 0
Score : 1461

I'd be down for level cap raise but I'm not sure ankama has the resources to make it happen. The real problem with that is that Nogord, Ogrest, and Shadowfang will become Als only dungeons which would lock amazing content away. Enchantement makes it almost impossible to be perfectly built. Wild pvp should be brought back, battlefields are a failure

0 -3
Increase Level Cap: As long as they adjust the EXP gain to be less grindy I have no issue with this.. But I ain't max level yet so it doesn't concern me much anyways.. The thing is, there is only so much Ankama can add to Lv200 and I feel like there is already a LOT of content for it, Ankama either will have to go beyond that by increasing the cap or simply stop creating Lv200 content and go back to the other levels and add stuff there instead, also most of the people complaining about this are only complaining because they don't wanna grind new gear.. I joined this game for the first time when max level was 125 so I don't care.. Like I said, you might be complaining now but eventually there won't be anything else Ankama will be able to do without going forward with this and the game will end up feeling stale. 

Enchantment System: Remove the randomness and reduce the grindness of this system, it was basically the reason I quit.. I dreaded the day I would get a Relic and then roll just one slot in it.. Good to see they are at least acknowledging the issue, I thought their mind was set up in not changing it at all.

Wild PvP aka PK: If there's something I despise with all my being is PK.. Nothing like trying to level my Lv90 Xelor in Efrim just to be ganged by a full party of Lv200s.. Sure is fun to be forced into a PvP situation you had no control and has no chance of winning.. My first quit of this game was because of PK and I returned after it was fully removed, I am sure there are people like me who plays this game for the PvE and not the PvP and, for us, being forced into a game mode we don't want is just.. Why?.. Tho' in the survey they did said they would add rules to prevent non-consenting players so I dunno.. As long as we are not being forced to fight others I guess I am OK.. But it makes more sense to just add some sort of arena where you just enter a matchmaking with someone instead of wandering around places looking for players to gank.. If this feature returns I feel like player numbers will go down again cuz I am damn sure there will be players that will get their sick kicks out of griefing others that are just minding their own business.. It's a power-play.. It isn't about having a fair fight, it's about irritating and annoying others.. Call it "roleplaying" if you want, I call it "being an A-Hole"..
4 -3
Score : 6179

It is nice to see a Survey concerning to those important topics. I answered it already but I will give my opinion here too.

Honestly, I don't think that increasing the max level to 215 will bring any real benefit to the game. Not because of the grind but because this is more of a "patch solution" (?), once the player reaches the new max level there won't be too much to do, the cycle would just repeat and, to be honest, Wakfu already has a lot of levels, dungeons, zones and equipment that you can craft, adding 15 levels doesn't really bring anything new to the game. Honestly, and this is just a personal opinion, I don't see myself enjoying so much those 15 levels.
-
I love the Wild PvP. I didn't use to participate a lot on them but I loved seeing the different reasons that any player had to fight: Defend a friend, protect the ecology, Roleplay or just because you felt like it. If the Wild PvP returned to Wakfu, it would need to have something to differenciate itself from the Battlegrounds, something that impacts the player and the way it interacts and is seen by others. Think about what makes both systems special: On the Battlegrounds you fight for Honor, while on the open world you fight for "_______". I think that the first step to bring the Wild PvP back would be reworking the Political system, define the role of the guards and bandits. I would totally considerate my Aniripsa to be a Bandit if there were some interesting perks to be unlocked.
-
About the Enchantment, it is looks great if you see the Big picture, I really like how I can cover the weak parts of my character by adding the right bonuses and how I can create interesting combinations. Personally, when the system was announced, I really thought that it would be something that you could experience from level 1 and it'd be an important factor on your character's evolution, but I got very dissapointed when I saw how it isn't something that you will really benefit from unless you are at high levels with nearly end-game gear, Sublimations are so restricted at in early-mid game that you can't really go for crazy things and original builds without going through days of farming. The whole Enchantment system goes to waste on low-mid levels. A player from level 1-150, for example, can't really experimentate with Sublimations such as Save and Back, Shards are also a waste if you use them how little you get when you destroy equipment. I feel like the whole Enchantment System was made for end-game content rather than something that impacts the player in every stage of their character. I'd use the word Restricted to define it.

This is my Feedback concerning to those 3 elements.

2 -1

Ultimately none of these 3 changes would bring in and keep new players in the game. It's just measures to keep the game (ship) from completely sinking; trying to keep the level 200 subs from leaving too.

3 -1
Score : 282

Its been a while since I've posted on here, but this one seems a little worth the effort.

I have given up on this game, but the reintroduction of "Wild PVP" could be beneficial. I will keep it to three bullet points in regards to "Wild PVP."

1. Level brackets are necessary. 200s should have their own bracket. 199-190, 189-180, 179-170, etc. Those outside of the bracket, just as in Dofus, will see broken/shattered wings which will represent someone being out of bracket and therefore you gain no merit for attacking.
2. Those who are lacking wings or are not flagged for PVP can not be attacked/pulled. This will keep those who do NOT want to participate in "Wild PVP" an option to do so. Before the removal of open world this was your #1 issue as players would pull players of certain guilds to flame or disturb them.
3. A complete separation of "Wild PVP" bracket by all possibly categories. Do one for each class, do one for each level bracket, do one for 1v1s, do one for 2v2s, do one for 3v3s, etc.

To all the Wakfu Developers: You have opened up a door you cannot close with this survey and a vast majority will vote yes. If it does turn favor that the door stays open for good, please listen to your community. This game is dying, and the next steps you take especially in regards to this specific update will tilt the balance either in your favor or not. Best of luck to you all, and I look forward to hearing further news and possibly returning to what once was a childhood game of mine.

3 0

french servers will vote yes
international will vote no

2 -1
Score : 118

I would not mind a level cap increase. But the enchantment system would need to be improved, otherwise, you will basically be asking maxed players to farm their entire gear which would be frustrating to do.

The enchantment system is ok, but needs some help such as non-RNG ways to gain slots, non-RNG ways to choose order/color, and at least 2 slot minimum for epics/relics (maybe crafted legendary/souvenirs too).

The pvp should be matchmaking. cross-server (or you know, merge servers) would be great. I would say equalize level (say lvl 200) for everyone (even low levels) so we have more participants. Equalize gear should be optional and if added, the equalized gear should be decent (because big gear gap = not fun).

0 -2
Score : 771

Reg3e|2020-01-14 03:32:21
Increased Level Cap. Yes Please. Or rather, try something similar to Dofus Omega Levels system. But instead of Pods (Inventory Capacity), try something interesting.

Enchantment System. Remove RNG & Bring back Linear Progression. Then the Increased Level Cap or other similar venture will make more sense.

Wild PvP. Just implement a rank based match making system, with a Leaderboard that actually make sense, based on Win Rate, Level Category, PvP Performance...etc, NOT time spent gathering flower & boxes. That way it'll solve all the imbalance issue, where skilled players will only be match with another skilled players with similar PvP Performance.

But first, Server Merge. Else none of it matters when there's no one to play with.

ok I can tell you're not an endgame player.
I will explain to you why level 215 is a terrible idea.
Endgame players like me spent tons and tons of kamas on legendary gears, epic and relic runes. By doing that it means we have to get rid of that stuff and farm a new one (just for 15 more levels so few more stats) but the difference of price between 200 and 215 gear will be big. +200 gear won't sell as good as it used to be considering it's not an endgame gear anymore and people won't buy 200 knowing that 215 gear is just 15 more level above.

When you decide to do a change that important, you do it at the beggining not after years. When everyone started on Alpha version you can decide to cap to 100,200,215,250 whatever it's fine because everyone started and no one is at the endgame yet. The problem now it's a lot of people are at the endgame and when you farmed 70 millions kamas for a perfect set and you hear this gonna change so you will have to change as well but 200 gear won't sell anymore... you are f... stucked.

Do endgame players even have 1 endgame zone? Not even one zone for only endgame players. How many 200 UB? only 2.
You have lots of alternatives of adding content for endgame players.

So no to cap rising. Every endgame players should understand that (except if they bought hundreds of conversion stones then I can understand they could even cap to 300 it will be fine for them).

Joohnnny|2020-01-14 16:48:57
I would not mind a level cap increase. But the enchantment system would need to be improved, otherwise, you will basically be asking maxed players to farm their entire gear which would be frustrating to do.

The enchantment system is ok, but needs some help such as non-RNG ways to gain slots, non-RNG ways to choose order/color, and at least 2 slot minimum for epics/relics (maybe crafted legendary/souvenirs too).

The pvp should be matchmaking. cross-server (or you know, merge servers) would be great. I would say equalize level (say lvl 200) for everyone (even low levels) so we have more participants. Equalize gear should be optional and if added, the equalized gear should be decent (because big gear gap = not fun).

You would not mind a level cap increase?! This change is for the whole community not just for you, have you thought of endgame players who spent around 50-70 millions kamas and sometimes more to get a perfect set and now you gotta change it for only 15 more levels (so few more stats). Thing is you gotta farm even more because 215 will be even more expensive and you can't even tell me to sell 200 gear because it won't sell. You really think people are gonna buy 200 boots at 20 Millions and then buy new ones when they get 215 at a price of 30 Millions? No, they're gonna wait 15 more levels and then buy the 30 Millions ones so they save 20 Millions. #Logic

No to cap rising please. You have so many more alternatives to add content to the endgame than doing this.

RynthZero|2020-01-14 13:25:14
I wouldn't compare it to league lvls because nothing past lvl 30 in that game means much other than a brag number but I get where you are going with it. 

it was an example to show you in which situations you can do it or not.
If Wakfu wanted to do that they should have done it during Alpha version now it's too late people have came to 200 and already optimized their set.

MiiiiKy|2020-01-14 14:04:00
Problem is.. There is only so much content Ankama can add to Lv200.. Eventually they will have to go beyond that or simply stop creating Lv200 content and focus on between levels, I see no issue in this.. I joined this game for the first time when the max level was 125 so I don't care to see another level cap increase.

Now it's too late for another cap increase because for one simple reason. Endgame players (like me) who spent around 50-70Millions kamas for perfect 200 set will have to change all that again for just 15 more levels (so a few more stats)? The problem is 200 gear won't sell anymore so you can't even sell the 200 gear and complete to buy 215 gear (yeah of course 215 gear will be even more expensive so even more grind to get your stuff done even though you have already done that before!). Why 200 won't sell anymore? It's because players won't buy 200 boots at 20 Millions knowing that 215 boots will be in only 15 more levels and cost 30 Millions (for a total of 50 Millions). So what they are gonna do is keep their gear and wait 15 more levels and then buy the 30 millions boots ones so they save time, 10millions kamas and effort.
If they wanted to do that, the good time was at Alpha version when no one was at endgame stuff yet because everyone started, now it's too late.

So no to cap rising.

Edit: I love people disliking my comments without even saying why. You don't agree with me? ok tell me why and tell me how we, endgame players (because i'm sure most people disliking are not even endgame players and by endgame players I don't mean level200 but ENDgame players) how we are supposed to deal with the new economy like I said above.
4 -5
Score : 1518

I'm just jealous that it only costs 50 - 70m for a perfect set on your server while on mine it will run me over 1b laugh

0 0
Score : 132

Server Merge above all else so we can stop playing a solo game thats suppose to be a multi-player

7 0
Score : 3550

Increasing the level cap would be a disaster. It would devalue everything that veteran players have worked for, and it would lead the game towards a slippery slope.

First it’s 215, then 230, eventually 300 and so on. I like wakfu because I know I have a solid, end goal to reach that actually matters. If you start moving the goalpost, that will remove all value and prestige of being an endgame player, and will crush the goals of the players that are aiming for that position.

It’s an easy and lazy way of moving the game forward, so I can see why the developers might like to indefinitely increase the level cap, but I believe it will do more harm than good for the reasons I listed above.

This is why I don’t like mmorpgs like world of Warcraft. It doesn’t matter if you work hard for an item, because the level cap will just increase anyway and all your items will become worthless trash.

Wakfu would lose a big part of its identity if it adopted that kind of system.

I’m absolutely against it. In fact, I would be very disappointed and would lose motivation if the level cap started increasing.

It would be a bigger disaster than the enchantment system, which was obviously designed to keep players playing the game by having them grind more, but backfired badly.

I’m sure you can come up with alternative methods of progression that don’t involve massive amounts of grind and rng. Assuming that a thing like that is even needed, of course.

3 0

To be honest, I’m kind of scared for this game just because the developers even suggested that there might be a level cap increase.

2 0

The only reason people are complaining about this is because of how grindy and random the enchantment system is, think about it, most people are like "Oh I just spent [insertlongtimehere] grinding my Lv200 and now I have to go for 215?!" but if the enchantment system wasn't such a disaster to begin with they wouldn't be against it, I know it because I joined when the level cap was 125 and up to Lv200 I never saw anyone complaining about it but now that this new time consuming system is up.. Well..

0 -1
Score : 1365

I just wish the option of profanity filter was still there. I get it's a pegi12 game... but putting a muffler on us, people who spent years with the game is really nasty

1 0

It’s ironic how world of Warcraft is trying to do a level squish because they see where this constant increase of the level cap is getting them.

1 0
Score : 30

They will still introduce new levels. It's not the reason why they are doing it.

0 0
Score : -25

Wild Pvp hat mir sehr gut gefallen.
Selber an PvP sehr interesiert.
Bei der Stufenerweiterung bin ich motiviert, Klassen angepasste Ausrüstungen zu bauen?

0 -3
Respond to this thread