FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The WAKFU Updater Is Going Away

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - November 05, 2019, 05:14:01
AnkaTracker Announcements

After many years of loyal service, the WAKFU Updater is retiring today November 12! on November 21! You may wonder: "What's going to happen?" The answers are here!

What's Going to Happen?

Today, November 12 On November 21, the WAKFU Updater goes away. No games will be accessible through this tool. You'll need to use the Ankama Launcher instead.

What is the Ankama Launcher?

Ankama Launcher is a multi-game portal that brings together all our PC titles, allowing you to go from one to another with ease. DOFUS, DOFUS Retro, KROSMAGA, WAKFU, and WAVEN are already available on this portal.

Also, the Ankama Launcher will allow you to avoid certain bugs encountered with the Updater.

Details About the Launcher:

To install the launcher, you'll need the configuration below or better:

Is your computer configuration worse than the above? Not to worry – you can still create a ticket on our support site and find a solution.

What Should We Do?

If you're already using Ankama Launcher, you don't have to do anything.

If you're still using the Updater, you need to take the following steps (Windows):

• Start by uninstalling the Updater and the WAKFU game:
    Go to Control Panel -> Uninstall a program -> search for WAKFU and click Uninstall.
  • To install the new launcher, visit this link.
  • Once the launcher has finished installing, just install your games and you're done!

/!\ The location of the Launcher installation cannot be changed. Only the game's location can be changed afterwards.

More Information:

You installed the launcher but it still won't work?

1. Consult the FAQ for a broad list of issues players have experienced.
  2. If your issue isn't on the FAQ, please try contacting our Ankama Support team.

If you have any feedback, suggestions for improvement, or experienced any issues related to the launcher, kindly share them in the dedicated launcher forum.

Beta Access:

You will also no longer be able to access the beta version of WAKFU from a third-party updater.

You can download the beta directly from the Ankama Launcher in three simple steps:

1. Go to the "Options" menu of the Ankama Launcher,
  2. Click on the "Versions" tab, and
  3. Check the "Display other versions" box.

A small arrow will appear at the bottom of the WAKFU logo; the beta version will appear once you click on it.

Have fun, everyone!

First Ankama intervention

TwinklePhoenix|2019-11-12 19:17:47
also don't forget we can still play through steam i didn't see any mention about the steam version on the post. Yet you did say on another post that was made that we could still use steam to play the game. 

Hi guys,

You can still access WAKFU via the Steam launcher and your progress will still be intact. 

[Flatops]
See message in context
Reactions 54
Score : 467

This launcher doesn't works on many computers. This will be a mass loss to the game. GGWP ANKAMA!

4 0
Score : 3052

I seriously doubt that.

0 -1
Score : 315

also don't forget we can still play through steam i didn't see any mention about the steam version on the post. Yet you did say on another post that was made that we could still use steam to play the game. 

0 0
Score : 467

You can play on steam but you can't play multi accs on steam.

0 0
Score : 10827
https://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/8-general-discussions/237975-end-updater-my-pov-topic
I advice one more time to give it a read. I would love to support the idea but new luncher gave me only regrets, problem with game, multiple reinstalations, problems with every patch. But I wojt reapeat myself, everything is in post I made before
0 0
Score : 7552

I hope this has been bug tested, i've been using this launcher for awhile before this announcement and i got several issues that only this client gave me such as auto closing itself and UI dissapearing/bugging out

1 0
Score : 6559

Btw. if you still didn't finished the transfer to new launcher, here is a guide to minimize the download needed by using the old game data from previous launcher.

Guide by Stotena:
https://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/36-technical-issues/236638-procedure-how-use-new-ankama-launcher-without-redownloding-game

1 0
Score : 1417

I still think it's not ready for such a change. The New Launcher has a lot of bugs that I don't find in the old launcher. Just like SirPercedal, I already posted and tested it many times, and it only gave me problems that I was not used to deal with in the old launcher.

I LOVE the New Launcher idea, don't get me wrong, I just think it's not ready yet.

2 0
Score : 131

been using the new launcher for months and no problems so far, i'm sure there's easy fixes for what some of you guys are experiencing

0 0
Score : 10827

I also know ppl who have no problems with it Proz, its like coinflip. 50/50 chance that u will get fugged or not, I tested luncher few times in different updates of it, problems are still the same, above I posted my  thread about it, take a peak if u have a moment. I know many ppl with exacly the same or worst problems, and belive me we match the requirements of luncher

1 0

TwinklePhoenix|2019-11-12 19:17:47

Hi guys,

You can still access WAKFU via the Steam launcher and your progress will still be intact. 

[Flatops]
Score : 2453

works fine for me

1 0
Score : 1376

Still no updates to the launcher to fix any of the issues which were reported about it prior to it being the only option. I have to say I'm disappointed.

0 0
Score : 7

I wonder why wakfu did not show up on the launcher, only dofus and dofus retro are listed

0 0
Score : 1502

I tried installing it on my PC, it does not go through... both my desktop and netbook.. all not working... very disappointed..

0 0
Score : 1502

I always get the error message which states:

This file does not have any program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Defaults Programs control panel.

0 0
Score : 2369

Is there any idea to know how to deal with the white screen endless rotating? First launch the launcher, click the PLAY launch the client, endless white screen; Close it then second launch, manage to get to login screen, then after login, endless rotating, can't show server for selection. Close again and try, manage to reach till server selection screen, then choose server but endless spin again for days...

0 0

Hello everyone,

The migration from the updater to the Ankama Launcher has been postponed to Tuesday, 19 November 2019.

The updater will no longer be accessible from this date, either via the classic updater or via Steam.

We highly recommend that you follow our instructions given in this article.

For any questions or issues encountered, an FAQ is available.

If the problem is not listed, kindly contact the Support team.

Common questions and answers

What will happen to Steam users?

When you launch the game via Steam on the 19th, the classic updater will be replaced by the launcher. You only have to follow the installation steps provided via the launcher, and play the game afterwards.

Note that your progress is intact: you will not lose your characters or achievements.

What are the minimum system requirements?

Some have pointed out an issue with the minimum system requirements listed on the Support site. These are in fact the minimum system requirements for the Ankama Launcher and not those required for the ZIP version. We have edited the articles accordingly for clarity.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Hello everyone,

Contrary to what was announced, the updater will not go away tomorrow (Tuesday, 19 November 2019). It will be postponed to a future date.

We will keep you updated as soon as we have more information to share.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Score : 4875

Please take this main issue into consideration.  : https://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/336-ankama-launcher/238116-ankama-launcher-almost-always-triggers-full-game-download-instead-incremental-update

Downloading the whole game when there is an update. It is the same for all ankama games across the launcher. And for beta too. have to download Whole beta game over and over again when there are fixes.

1 0
Score : 43

Steam version is no longer playable. Missing transition.exe error pop ups

3 0
Score : 18

Same issue, I'm out till they fix it sleep

1 0
Score : 16

Using the Steam version here and cannot play...
transition.exe error given.

1 0
Score : 33

My guess is that they had something in there to stop using the updater, also known as "transition.exe" and that it DID INDEED go through today, because those of us playing on Steam can no longer do so.

Not an elegant way to do this, since most steam players are not coming onto this site to read random dev blog posts. tongue

0 0
Respond to this thread