By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Winged Mystery Box

By [Shop] August 14, 2019, 16:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements

Whether you've already taken flight for vacation or not, this new Mystery Box is going to give you wings! Available through August 21 in the online WAKFU store. Don't miss out!

A new Mystery Box that'll be a real feather in your cap has just built its nest in the online WAKFU store.

For those of you who don't yet know how these little boxes full of marvelous surprises work, it's simple. You just open up the box and get one of the following items at random.

Available through August 21 at 11:59 PM (Paris time) for 1,800 ogrines each.

True Brakmarian Patriot
True Bontarian Patriot
True Sufokian Patriot
True Amaknian Patriot

Good to know

• These items are not available in Belgium.
    • ​​​​​​​In order to comply with the Belgium Gaming Commission's recommendations, we removed our Mystery Boxes from the shop and from the game.
  • You can claim your Mystery Box here
First Ankama intervention

Replying to iTzMeThiago

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback! We've provided the GIFs! We did mention in the shop description that the items are linked.

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 19
Score : 659

A gif with the runs will be nice

0 0
Score : 199

should also have said on the actual listing everything except the emotes are linked. The animations are the same for all four wings and your arms are always in that same position too bend forward as if you have a jet pack on your back and you are holding the remotes in your hands still it looks nice in game especially the brakmar wings. 

0 0
Score : 797

wish can use pp pot just to increase that % XD

0 0
Score : 13984

Finally we know the odds for this kind of stuff. It was about time...

1 0
Score : 1476

Brakmarian style is sure evil wings and Bontarian is Angelic wings lol...

0 0
Score : 99

Are the running animations tradeable? The chance of getting a potion, same as the price, is just too high

0 0
Score : 199

all are linked you can only trade it between the characters you yourself own no one else. 

0 0
Score : 201

So... any plan to reveal nation mimic and nation sword blueprints drop rate?

1 0

This one I totally agree, no point to keep it hidden. 

0 0
Score : 2890

A scam.

Yeah, Lootboxes are supposed to be random and have juicy rewards if you get lucky but, come on, those odds are very unfair and not worth at all. There is no gratification, it is all or nothing: you get the wings or you stick to a pretty poor reward. I have seen people opening 10 boxes in a row and not even getting a single emote, just potions.

The relation between Price and Reward is very unbalanced. A Flash Sale would have been 10 times better, the player would've been happier, gotten what they want, simple and easy. Even if it were 7k OG per Running Animation a lot of us wouldn't have had problems paying for it, because then we would be getting what we wanted, even if you get the running animation you might end up getting the ones that you don't want (If my character is part of the Brakmar Nation, I'd like to receive the Brakmar animation and not Bonta's)

I don't have anything against Lootboxes since I myself am a big fan of them and like the excitement that they bring to the game, but this one and the way Ankama implements them is horrible.

Ankama -  The Greedy

2 -1

No one know when they start of glue with RNG in everything? The randomness may be is the core theme of Eliocalypse... who knows?

0 0
Score : -4530

Belgium is full of smart people

0 0
Score : 201

By the way, isn't it not allowed to sell this like random box in China?
You have to offer a limitation like
"It is guaranteed to get at least 1 rare reward from 10 boxes(rate will be reset if you get 1 rare)."
It is forbidden to sell stuff like this in China.

0 0

Hi Born-Stubborn,

Can you share more information about it, perhaps a link to the law or news about it? We'll then share it with our legal team for checking.

[Flatops]

Score : 217

Sufokian wings are so pretty dragons am I right

0 -1
Score : 440
Yeah nice Wings smile
0 0
Score : 26

I need that brakmar wings for my iop

0 0
Score : 2890

Hi everyone.

After buying a few boxes on my main account (around 32, because I like to test things by myself and I love like the excitement of Loot Boxes), I got extremely dissapointed of the results in which I mostly ended up getting a bunch of potions (wisdom in most cases, not so useful considering that I'm already level 200) and duplicated emotes that I already owned way before the offer came out.

My main problem with the Loot Box is that there are no rewards for NOT getting the running animations, I mean real rewards, something outside of the consolation potions that maybe have gotten from the crate. It is an All or Nothing: You either get it or stick to a very poor item. 

Now, I know that a lot of other player might be thinking: "This is how RNG works" And yes, I agree on that, RNG is just that: Randomness. Contrary to what happened to me, there were people who hit the Jackpot and got the 4 Animations after opening 1 box. The problem is that if we compare the Content vs The Price... There is just no middle ground, you either get the Animation or you are buying a potion twice the price (Wisdom potions are worth 700 OG each at the store). It is just a wild RNG without conditions/restrictions or any intention to benefit the player after investing money on it.

Just let me give you an example of a place where, in my opinion, has one of the best Loot Crate system. It goes like this:

1. You buy the Crate
  2. You open the crate and get 4-5 random items with at least 1 rare (It varies according to the season but the common Potions and utility items are always there)
  3. The duplicated items/Utility items that you don't need can be converted into Crown Gems to be used at the Crown Gem Store (Ogrines and the Shop in this case )

This crates contain a vast amount of items ranging from Costumes and Emotes to Pets and Mounts so even if you don't get the item that you wanted, you can always get something that is worth the price of the box and feel rewarded for buying it. Here comes the main attractive of the system: Even if the RNG didn't benefit you, you can build-up currency left by sacrificing duplicates/utility items (potions) which can be used at the Crown Gem Store to directly buy the item that you were looking for, it is the way that the company says "thanks for your support, take this currency for your item". Note that you need to buy a considerable amount of crates to, in some way, "manually" buy the item if the RNG wasn't at your side, it depends on the tier of the item.

THIS is a good way to motivate players to buy, THIS is a good way to not make them feel like the lost, THIS is a good way thank them for their constant support to the game. A Loot Box that doesn't have any sort of condition and is just a chaotic RNG is just a slap to the face to many players that couldn't get what they wanted and there are no guarantees that the next box will be the one. Adding consolation prices to fill it just because, I can't even explain how ridiculous that is Forum Rules.

After all this, even if the player knows the odds of getting each items and even if we knew what the crate containing before buying it, I can't help but feel that the Winged Mystery Box is a fraud. It is an extremely unfair box with odds that doesn't benefit the player at all. Even a Flash Sale or gift it after buying 13k OG would've been a better idea than just throw the box to the players and say: Here, try your luck.
0 0
Respond to this thread