By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Alpha 1.64: It's Open, Come on In!

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - May 14, 2019, 17:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements

Yes! The alpha for Update 1.64 is open! On the menu we have the new Enchantment system, and, as the cherry on top, the scenery is now animated. Come check it all out now in the Alpha version!

The new Enchantment system is part of the what's new in the Alpha 1.64. For more information on this major overhaul of the Smithmagic system, check out the devblog on it.

Another new element in the Alpha 1.64 is animated scenery. Blades of grass ruffled by the wind and ripples on water make your adventures in the World of Twelve even more immersive!

However, you'll need to arm yourselves with a bit of patience before you can stride over the land in Pandalucia during the Beta…

Until then, enjoy the Alpha !

* Join the temporary Discord server for any feedback.
* Download the test server here.

First Ankama intervention

We took the decision to leave current smithmagic effects on equipments. Your gear will remain exactly the same after the update, until you decide to identify it. You can make the transition at your own pace, one item at a time.

Resistance effects are now spread through the 3 socket colors, so that it's possible for players to always have a possibility to increase it.

Since this is an Alpha, some things are not yet present, such as rune/powder transitions, etc. And there are still many things we will be able to change and balance to improve the system (especially values). Please report any bug you see, and make feedbacks on the system on the appropriate threads.

Siu

See message in context
Reactions 44
Score : 160

Why did they start calling the Beta server "Alpha"?

0 0
Score : 975

because beta for 1.64 would mean everything ment to be released in 1.64 would be there.

Here its not even final outcome of this part of update, no pandalucia either...therefore alpha just to give us a taste.

alpha usualy means working version thats usualy barely holding otgether with sticks and thread

0 0
Score : 6188

This patch is totally insulting to playing time.

4 -2
Score : 163

Where is the download link for Linux???

0 0
Score : 118

(Edit: they ninja-modified the post to provide the linux links)

I wonder why they don't provide links to it *shrug*, it's right here:

Ubuntu/Debian/Mint 64 bits:
http://dl.ak.ankama.com/games/installers/beta/wakfu-beta-amd64.tar.gz

Ubuntu/Debian/Mint 32 bits:
http://dl.ak.ankama.com/games/installers/beta/wakfu-beta-x86.tar.gz

2 0
Score : 74

is the qb cap gonna stay at 950?

0 0

We took the decision to leave current smithmagic effects on equipments. Your gear will remain exactly the same after the update, until you decide to identify it. You can make the transition at your own pace, one item at a time.

Resistance effects are now spread through the 3 socket colors, so that it's possible for players to always have a possibility to increase it.

Since this is an Alpha, some things are not yet present, such as rune/powder transitions, etc. And there are still many things we will be able to change and balance to improve the system (especially values). Please report any bug you see, and make feedbacks on the system on the appropriate threads.

Siu

Score : 975

My suggesting to the whole transion from old runes to new system would be to let us choose the rune colours for ourselves. Same how you let us choose elemental mastery on our gear when you added it.

Also for any newly obtained relic, epic or souvenir item I would also like that we could choose colours or get maximal number of runes on them. Because getting 1 or 2 on such rarely obtainable items would make it frustrating and not fun.

6 -2
Score : 351

''Resistance effects are now spread through the 3 socket colors, so that it's possible for players to always have a possibility to increase it.''

does this mean that you can gain the double resistance from any color as long as its the element the item doubles?
Epaulettes give double water resistance so that means we can get 40 water resistance from each epaulette slot regardless of rune color right?

0 0

No, water resistance will be limited to the blue socket. But you will have earth resistance on the red socket (not on the blue), and fire resistance on the green socket.

Siu

Score : 138

if you are going to make the resistance spread out between socket colors might as well make it a general element resist because you are going to sacrifice 40 mastery just for 20 earth resistance. Its not worth the trade off.

1 0
Score : 16

[Ankama]WAKFU-Prod|2019-05-14 18:31:12

Siu

Why not instead of using the "identify" system with the transition, use a kind of croupier? I imagine many people trying to move their items regularly and will end up "identifying" some item that has AP/MP rune, which will make useless the other 3-4 items used in that system. Something similar to the croupier in Astrub, used for the Forgotten Helmet.
1 0
Score : 61

if developers will ship this update how it is right now, it definitely will demotivate a lot of players to play, way to much to grind and expensive and ur not even guaranteed u will get max sockets after re-roll.

6 0
Score : 473

I knew it. They never listen. It is time to quit for me. So Long, Suckers!

6 -1
Score : 4986

Have fun, sucker!

1 -17
Score : 948

Considering I gave the change the benefit of the doubt, I was very disappointed when I hopped on the Alpha and...rolled more 1s than any other # of slots on my lvl 200 Legendary gear. The Alpha has unlimited resources to change this and I still felt defeated. Imagine the feeling when it happens live and it then takes months to remake all my gear. Certainly costs too many shards to leveled up slots as well. There will most likely be a correlation between the # of low rolls on Legendary gear and the # of inactive players after this update.

3 0
Score : 138

That happened to me too, i had 5 of my gear get one socket and 1 piece of gear get 4. If they dont change how we can reroll the sockets im going to quit this game. i spent over 3000 hours on this game and i dont feel motivated to grind for something that might set me back even further. 

1 0
Score : 252

Where is my linux version?

0 0

(Edit: they ninja-modified the post to provide the linux links)

I wonder why they don't provide links to it *shrug*, it's right here:

Ubuntu/Debian/Mint 64 bits:
http://dl.ak.ankama.com/games/installers/beta/wakfu-beta-amd64.tar.gz

Ubuntu/Debian/Mint 32 bits:
http://dl.ak.ankama.com/games/installers/beta/wakfu-beta-x86.tar.gz

1 0

I took a hiatus from playing Wakfu due to various circumstances, but kept checking the forums from time to time, hoping nice changes this year (the 2019 roadmap looked promising). I was about to return but I've just tested the alpha and I almost don't believe what I see.

Investing ridiculous amounts of time and effort just to be at the mercy of RNG, making long time players lose progress, resistances reduction, and more juicy things that still nobody talks about (check the patchnote posted in the French community forum and say goodbye to the elemental damage bonus for gaining levels, for starters). Probably, fully optimizing my set won't be something optional, since they are already planning more "challenging" future content, according to the enchantment weblog: This gradual increase in characters' power will allow us to provide ever greater challenges for you in future game content.

IMHO, all of this will only turn Wakfu into something too punishing, grindy, unbalanced, and gradually less enjoyable. Ankama, please listen to your clients and reconsider your strategy, unless you want to kill your own game. I rarely used to comment, only to submit bugs, but I'm taking the time to write here because Wakfu is a project with a great idea behind it and gave me a lot of enjoyment.

If they don't listen their hundreds of disappointed users who proposed enough viable alternatives and go forward with these changes I'll avoid this game like the plague. I'll be around waiting to see what happens.

P.S.: This is just some alt account.

1 0
Score : 282

i have 6 characters, i like the white to legendary system they are going to implement, but like hell i'm going to grind epic and runics for 6 characters, just to rng the slots and colors

0 0
Score : 4986

I mean you could just not have sublimations on epics and relics, it won't be that big of a difference

1 -15
Score : 237

Hi everyone.
I went to try the new patch too in beta and ......
whati hev to say..... you have multiplied the farming.
I tried to make a build that in the real game I will never get by destroying an average of 30 35 objects to get the right one:
The characters will be stronger but it will take an enormous amount of time to finish them. - obviously I speak as hardcore player, a casual player will have no chance to enjoy theese new bonuses
A lot of people have already expressed on the enormous rng that is there and that will not allow to complete the sets so on that i'll say that I agree with everyone that as it is is not good
But I opened this post to focus on something else: that this hyper farming will continue to destroy the social aspect of the game: if I (hardcore) have to farm 30 times more, I will never invite anyone to play with me.
why instead don't you encourage teams with many different players: for example by putting transmutation that change number or order or color of objects as a reward for a team with 4 or more accounts?
we must be encouraged to invite other players and so the game can be filled with new active players.
this is just an example but I would like you to understand simply the direction that these updates should have. Becoming stronger is ok but becoming stronger at the expense of the social aspect means fewer players then smaller market so less kama for us and money for you
hope you think about it

6 0
Score : 105

ye im fully agree with you. this new update seems very distracting.
the game so you destroy it forcing the player to farm alone in search of the perfect object.
I have been playing wakfu for years and I only approached it because it was a game where you really played with others. is slowly becoming a game like all the others and I am very disappointed because the potentials were ...

1 0
Score : 91

The randomness in both the number of crimp and the color destroys the update, the number of jewels to fill the slots again is very high, the runes that were in my item are not returnable nor the kamas spent by it, it is not plausible to destroy a souvenir in any way nor any quest item

1 0
Score : 294

I duno about this, there was this ecaflip named weapon who was one shotting the word last night. If this goes live, do we stand a chance? I fear for my life.

0 0
Score : 2048

Using 100 epics and relics is too much for getting 4 sockets why not use some linked droppable item? Something like smithmagic hammers (same drop rate but different item) would actually make this work.

Right now, the duplicate items thing doesn't work unless you make a linear upgrade system rather than using a random chance. This update has potential, but this is holding it back.

Also kudos to keeping our gear like it is until we can identify it, but can you please make it not too easy (like misclicking easy) to identify? Like we have to deliberately go through certain clicks so we don't accidentally do it and "ruin" our gear. Thanks.

0 0
Score : 56

The number of pocket should be linked to the rarity of the object, green = 1 socket, orange = 2 sockets, yellow = 3 sockets, relic or epic = 4 sockets. The hammers should be use to reroll the colors and the combination.

No one is talking about the other changes in the update, the are nerfs in some areas to "balance" things after the update.

Sorry for my broken english, is not my native language and i'm quite sleepy.

4 0
Score : 2048

Your idea about the number of sockets being a function of item rarity makes sense, I like it personally. 

1 0
Respond to this thread