FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Pandalucia, land of enchantment

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - May 07, 2019, 16:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements

Just a few paddle strokes away from Pandala... an island suddenly appears! Is the myth finally coming true? Find out for yourself when you climb aboard for Update 1.64. Your skills as an adventurer will likely be stretched to the limit, but we can also promise you that there’ll be plenty of enchantment in store!

On this strange island, freshly risen from the sea, adventurers from level 140 to level 200 will find many mysteries to resolve and many battles to be fought.

After an unusual welcome at the island’s only port, your explorations will lead you from the village to the cemetery, and from the forest to the swamp. Along the way, you’ll meet four new families of monsters, including the Pandissidents and the Blightopards (but fortunately, no “Chien Pandalou” slicin’ up eyeballs!). And new families mean new dungeons... we’ll just let you guess how many of those there are!

What you can’t guess, though, is the number of new equipment items this update has to offer. Bets, anyone? No? Well, you’ll have far more important things to worry about in Pandalucia, the island where time itself seems to waver and bend, so we’ll just give you the answer: two hundred new items!

When we say enchantment, we mean enchantment!

That’s a promise from the development team, and one we don’t make lightly. You see, the next update will also include another big surprise, and one that affects players of all levels: Smithmagic is being eliminated!

WHAT??!

Yes, smithmagic as you know it will soon be gone forever, but we’re replacing it with a new system that’s more flexible and dynamic: enchantment!

What is it? How does it work? Who does what? And can I get fries with that? You’ll get answers to (almost) all of these questions this Thursday, May 9, in a new devblog all about this exciting new feature!

Until then, just be patient: the bamboo milk is fermenting along peacefully. For now…

First Ankama intervention

Replying to RynthZero

Hi guys,

The details of the new system will be shared in tomorrow's devblog, stay tuned!

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 46
Score : 4784

So how will the runes for epics/relics gonna be compensated??? I am concerned but intrigued about how this might be handled. 

3 -1
Score : 11417

They mean Smithmagic the old rune system, not epic/repic runes. Im sure about that.
They will be untouched bc its new addition to the game and dont need change.

The old runes tho were in a bit stagnation, Im pretty intrested what they will do with them, for sure lack of mp, range, ress runed will hurt, but Im waiting for the friday and more info.

I just hope that enchantments wont be limited use spells on items that we will need to farm huge amount of time to provide good buffs on items.

1 0
Score : 8879

hahahaha
HAHAHAHA siu you absolute mad lad

5 -3
Score : 7059

Always good for a surprise. This will give me some days without sleep.

0 0
Score : 6238

Change again the whole rune\smithmagic system?
Bugs... bugs everywhere

1 0
Score : 5530

Eh, I like how the new update looks but they're not getting my hopes up after what happened with the character customization >_>

I just hope the new Enchantment system doesn't requires tons of farm.

3 0
Score : 16

True

1 0
Score : 5608

WOw, I mean maybe it took you 6 years, but the wakfu development is finally picking up!
COmpleted the main quest (check)
REworked the 4 nations (check)
ACtually fixed a bunch of bugs and improved a lot of the UI problems (check)
ANd now you are not only adding a new zone and a ton of new gear but actually also reworking a whole gameplay mechanic?

SUre there's still a lot of bugs and unbalanced gameplay in Moon and Zinit, but I can respect big changes like this. MAybe at this rate we'll even get a chef rework and a functional group finder!
PS: ENCHANTMENT! -Sandal the dwarf

7 -2
Score : 17

No  more runes? I'm both curious and scared about the new enchantment system (Hope they won't remove res buff q-q)

1 0
Score : 341

Same QQ

0 -1
Score : 16279

Good, just as promised, new area coming, and the one cited during the poll times. So, 200 new items? But, do they count like a helm in 4 rarity levels counting as 4 of those items? tongue Well, it's good anyway, good job on that.

A doubt I have, will it be Booster-only area? Fully open? Or some other area being liberalized instead? Or both of them locked? And that means more items, more new drops, more new recipes possibly, so more suffering for keeping it all in inventory. :wacko: We need moar storing room! Moar!

Worried about the Smithmagic removal part, mainly because of all the hammers, powder, runes and stones that I have hoarded. Now, if the new enchantment system goes the way I think it will go, might be much more customizable than the fixed "either HP, dodge or lock" thing. Different kind of "runes" with different fixed level-based properties maybe? (+x to one element, or stat, or resistance... and socketeables at will?) Also, what will happen with the Smithmagic boxen? Warn us before changing the stuff and auto-moving all the older Smithmagic items into another inventory bag, if it were the case, please. And with already socketed runes into items? So much thrill...

Well, this already seems to go in a good path, good job there. cool

1 -1

This cat is right. We need one thing, more storing room. I think the best place to start would be to make every slot in a havenbag chest accessible (the greyed out slots, even if you have all ikiakits).

3 0
4 -2
(note: that is not me)
10 0
Score : -4712

you won the thread

2 -1

TheRogueCat|2019-05-07 17:34:16
A doubt I have, will it be Booster-only area? Fully open? Or some other area being liberalized instead? Or both of them locked? 

According to what they have been saying since the "early access to new areas" feature was added to the BP, Pandalucia should BP restricted and Zinit should be free (in theory)
1 0
Score : 11417

A lot of good news, some doubts, some question. Im really hyped thats for sure.

1) Im a bit surpriced that Pandalusia will add also 141+ and 155+ duns, since Nation Update made a lot of content for that bracket players. I was sure that it will include only 171+ and 186+ duns and I speculated for only 2. But Siu with his team surprice me with 4 and I wont say no to that c:

1a) Of course I can't wait to see mobs designs and concept arts. Hope one of the zone will give vibe simmilar to animation story by mimic mechanics of being turned into bamboobie, milk spit, bamboo ringbells barriers etc.

1b) No words on new UBs?

2) Smithmagic changes damn that's hot. The system really was in stagnation mode. Of course it will be hard without additional ress, range, mp, etc etc. But Im sure new enchantment will benefit us too. I hope it wont require constant farming and crafting it to readd it on items. There is a lot of grind anyway.

2a) What compensate will get players for fully runed eq? runes/hammers/morfos/powders in eq?

2b) Is there will be any restrictions on enchantment usage simmilar to SF system? 

3) Wonder if Pandalusia will be booster lock or not. If yes it does that mean Zinit will be free? If not that mean Zinit will be locked and Pandalusia free (simmilar to SF for example) or both Zinit and Pandaliusia will be locked?

4) There is any option to spoil some screens of locations, mobs or arts? I would really like to take a peak to see what it will look like biggrin

5) There is any chance to creating the community hub simmilar to moon island zaap camp? It's really cool idea to keep players in one place, and let them meet each other. Zinit is splitted and that make players miss each other a lot.

6) Please listen ppl that ask for more storage space, we need it badly QQ

Anyway, can't wait to see more spoilers about 1.64! So far I'm hyped a lot. Will see what future will bring.

Greetings,
Percy.

1 0
Score : 785

No please, no invincible Zombie Bamboo people.

0 0
Score : 602

tfw you've been spending last few weeks slowly runing equipment sad

To be fair, I'm up for new things. Just hope I get to keep the resist buff from runes as I'm too squishy without them

1 0

Wait I just realised, wasn't runes basicly the only kama sink int he whole game?
So there's a good chance enchanting will cost kamas.

0 -1
Score : 2779

Can you please cap AP to 10 and nerf AP/MP removal, please? Thanks.

0 -8

AP/MP removal classes does less damage, since AP/MP removal is a damage received reduction tactic, it's balanced. If you think they steal you too many AP/MP just stat willpower, or teamup with other players that can help you to prevent that.

AP are already capped at 14, and it's already a big nerf for players which wanted to play with 16 ap (like me QQ), also capping AP to 10 is a nerf to all the classes except Enutrof maybe xD

0 -1
Score : 2818

No more runes, thank Xelor I sold'em all already! Although they were my easiest form of profit xD Guess farming for frags is a better, and more fun way. Besides, the whole smithmagic is a slow, unrewarding method to boost your gear. Like honestly, an Eternal Perfect rune giving about +2 elemental resistance? LAAAAME!

1 0

Then you need a lot more runes to upgrade it... QQ

0 -1

yugo-elatrop-2000|2019-05-07 21:01:33
AP/MP removal classes does less damage, since AP/MP removal is a damage received reduction tactic, it's balanced. If you think they steal you too many AP/MP just stat willpower, or teamup with other players that can help you to prevent that.

AP are already capped at 14, and it's already a big nerf for players which wanted to play with 16 ap (like me QQ), also capping AP to 10 is a nerf to all the classes except Enutrof 

Yeah
0 0
Score : 514

Level 140 to start. And, after 6 months, I just reached 114 on my main. Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

0 0

Don't worry, it will probably be locked behind Booster

0 -1
Score : 2009

from 140 - 200, smythmagic system about to be revamped (wait 1 month to be able to gather epic runes its just ridiculous and paying to upgrade your gear is even more nuts). Congratulations Ankama, it appears that you are stating to understand how to make this game succeed.

3 -1
Score : 3627

Hmmm, let's see, I will hold my thought first...Let's discover the devblog tomorrow first~

0 -1
Score : 138

okay

0 0
Respond to this thread