By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Get Ready for the Eliocalypse!

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - February 18, 2019, 15:00:00
AnkaTracker

We've already mentioned the arrival of a new narrative arc in the Krosmoz. Now it's time to tell you more about it!

Big fans of the Krosmoz universe, who support – and put up with ;) – us day after day, already know that every year, the team wants to develop a theme that echoes throughout our games, animated series, and graphic novels.

Last year, we were talking about the reunification of the Dofus; in 2013 (already) we celebrated the arrival of Sidekicks and Multimen; in 2010-2011, the Rogues and Masqueraiders made it into our MMOs and graphic novels, and Remington even gave himself permission to tease Evangelyne in a few episodes of the series Wakfu…

Every year, we try to create a guiding narrative thread. We see each new theme as a new stone in the edifice of this epic odyssey that you are a part of.

We must admit that, while some themes were clear successes, others were more complicated to put in place – largely due to the deadlines we set for ourselves, the updates (especially the year-end updates) that can sometimes leave us running on empty and dry up our creative juices for a few months, etc.

The reason we're checking in with you today in particular is to explain that we're going to change, exceptionally, our way of doing things. We announced that we want to evolve how we communicate with you by listening to you more. For that to work properly, we need to ease up some of the pressure on the themes.

We want to take the time to talk with you and give our stories time to grow naturally.

Our new theme will echo throughout all our projects. Our goal is to plunge you into an adventure that is even more epic than any we've told up to now. And for this epic adventure to take on all the magnitude and meaning it deserves, we're going to let it develop over several years.

ELIOCALYPSE is the title of the theme that will develop over three years in all our games and Krosmoz-related media. We'll let you speculate at your leisure about what that could imply.

It will unfold over three chapters (one per year). This year therefore, you'll encounter the first chapter: "Resonances".

We're eager to share this new adventure with you as it starts to unfold gradually with the next update in DOFUS and mid-year in WAKFU!

First Ankama intervention

Replying to Raziel-Shadower

Interesting theory you have there.... :blink:

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 27
Score : 2161

ELIOCALYPSE!!! like the presence of an eliotrope god this is an other best thing to allocate with my theory....
basically yugo in the future become an entity trained by the gods and capable of making a new eliacube for his own (and actually eliotropes can make a much weaker version of it called eliocube so he don't have a problem for know how to make a cube or like tot said on an interview Quilby will return.), btw he is resented for the oropo thing and for the fact that eliotrope lived hidding and in misery, so with the help of xelor (when he has become stronger and maybe millennia has passed for not changing the Waven thing) he is going back in the time "dofus era" for be a better "dad" for the eliotrope and keep the paradox balanced. Because in the dofus era oropo is behind the towers of the forgotten thing, and actually some eliotrope (wich of course your character if is one of them) are aganist him and his plans. Oropo it's just crazy for the memory of yugo
so i think we are in a different temporal line wich of course eliotropes have a god who can pray at it and get power by him, but in fact he can't change the events of the past, he can't eradicate oropo cuz is thanks to oropo if he get in that position and he can't change this ELIOCALYPSE, he can be here for them but like oropo say in 3° season he can't do anything for them. but that can be a problem for some eliotrope like oropo but not for all of them like we see in the games where we can actually be an eliotrope hero.
So it's like a loop where oropo is the core. if u neglect on him pretty much all the stuff will happen anyway. The towers,Ogrest, Nox, Quilby and Oropo again.
and btw the paradox it's already in and its actually the eliotropes (and now we even get this ELIOCALYPSE), cause Oropo was in the dofus era, and without the thing he has done the eliotrope can't be born because all the event that have changed the world of twelve was made by an eliotrope like the ogrest chaos for example. without the ogrest thing yugo don't have a motivation for use the eliatrope dofus. so the paradox it's actually the make of the eliotropes specifically the oropo born. and now thanks to the Eliotrope it's born this Eliocalypse or at least this is my theory...

Now im in hype to see this Resonance!!!

1 0

Interesting theory you have there.... :blink:

[Flatops]

Score : 3735

«We announced that we want to evolve how we communicate with you by listening to you more»

Oh yeah... you did that, like more than 2 years ago... we saw some changes for a couple of months then it came back to the normal Ankama....... And even worse, we started to see promos for other games than wakfu on wakfu's website, while people were worried about the state of their game >_>

Anyway, I'll believe it when I'll see it.

10 -1
Score : 736

Looking forward to the development of this theme.

2 0
Score : 3075

They kill off all eliotropes and give us class changing scrolls. ELIOCALYPSE!

1 0
Score : 1010

how about solving the most important problems first? : create a global chat for wakfu, a group finding system, a kollossium.

1 -1
Score : 219

So the most important problem isn't working client without memory leaks and graphic bugs? 

1 0
Score : 3676

ppl dont use it cuz it doesnt work..

2 0
Score : 176

At the end of last year there was an initiative by Ankama to prioritize those.
And to "Improve the Group Finding System" made to the Survey.   I am not sure on the concept of the Kollossium, but the "Concept of PvM Arenas" like Wakfu had before also made it to the Survey.

That by the way,  the Wakfu Phase II Survey for 2019 still active. 
If you would like to improve the chance of list items that you are interested to be in higher priority, contribute to the Survey.
Here is the link:

https://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/193-news/235919-wakfu-2019-phase-ii-time-vote

0 0
Score : -4463

I'm excited for all the new stories and content that will come along with it.

1 -1
Score : 3322

I'm ready for some furthering/development of the Mechasms and/or Orgonax's revival. Maybe Quilby is needed to prevent the elio's being hunted. (also with the eliacube blown up, how will Yugo ever free his people from the white dimension?)

0 0
Score : 4517

Well Orgonax was nuked by Godess Eliatrope before the dofus era, so he ain't comming back, but there's a whole race of mechasms living on the eliatrope planet.
But without the eliacube, stealing another mechasm heart to make another one could be very risky, considering what happened last time.

0 0
Score : 705

At least we can know that the game will still alive for next 3 years...Grinding never end~

0 0
Score : 1716

3 years, with 1 chapter every year?

I remember when they released all the divine dimensions in a year... those were the times, and then we got the last 2 years, that had... Content? Maybe?

2 -1
Score : 4395

Adopting a wait-and-see.

0 0
Score : 4517

Well I suspect ELIOCALIPSE is about fate.

Oropo told us he is the last surviving eliotrope, so all other eliotropes are fated to die by the time the game's timeline catches up to season 3 of the anime.
I mean unless the gods intervene, maybe Xelor could dump them into Hormonde or something

0 0
Score : 88

Hope, we get to earn new spells or passives. Or better the wakfu/stasis gauge.

0 0
Score : 127

For me two things that can save this game is
-Delete playing 3 champions on one account ( much and much better one player=one champion)
-Delete all bugs
And Wakfu would be great again but it's too hard xD

3 -1
Score : -4463

I'm going to politely diagree with you.

Hero system is the best. It's what brought me back to Wakfu, after trying it at launch. It's literally what I expected when they used to advertise this game with a Square Enix logo.

If anything I'm hoping they expand the number of heros. It's now possible to have 18 character slots. Many players consider the ability to run multiple clients, a "feature" of the non-Steam launchers.

You talk about saving the game, yet only thing that brought me back was hero system.

2 -2
Score : 1194

Give Ankama 3 months for this "Better communication'' period to be done with, We've been here before, trust me!!

1 -1
Score : -4

Well at least they are trying

1 0
Score : 2028

Dear Wakfu development team, can we please get some content to celebrate #MeToo? Thanks.

0 -2
Respond to this thread