By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Ankama Launcher in Beta

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - February 11, 2019, 17:00:00
AnkaTracker

Ready to jump into a new adventure? Of course you are, or you wouldn't be playing WAKFU! So, come join us. Download the Ankama Launcher, give it a try, and tell us what you think. What do you mean, you don't know what that is?

The Ankama Launcher is a multi-game portal for all our games that lets you move from one to the next easily and facilitates communication and interaction between our communities. You can check it out at ankama.com.

In other words, it's like a Zaap straight to your favorite game! This is a first step toward a single platform assembling all possible Krosmoz-related media. With a simple tap of your finger, you'll travel from one epoch to another: from the Dofus Era to the Wakfu Era… and even the Waven Interval! And one day maybe it'll give you equally easy access to graphic novels, videos, episodes of the series, and more – in short, everything Krosmoz related.

And do you know what?

You can already test the beta version of the Ankama Launcher!

Isn't life wonderful?

Download the Ankama Launcher

First Ankama intervention

Replying to Riskwares-Own

Hi Riskwares-Own,

This is a content for all of Ankama's players. Once it's ready, it would streamline anything Wakfu into just one place, which includes transmedia content and news. For the game content-wise, the next major update is currently in the lab. 

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 38
Score : 168

I'd prefer actual content that would change the game because now all the servers feel like a ghostown. Start by an actual pvp mode, not the battlefields garbage.

3 -6

Hi Riskwares-Own,

This is a content for all of Ankama's players. Once it's ready, it would streamline anything Wakfu into just one place, which includes transmedia content and news. For the game content-wise, the next major update is currently in the lab. 

[Flatops]

Score : 683

^ best comment ever

0 -1
Score : 168

it just bugs me how out of touch Ankama is with its community...weither it's Dofus or Wakfu, always putting out useless updates for years until they finally listen to the community once every 5 years and drop a good update.

2 0
Score : 35

The "go to shop" button in the Wakfu launcher doesn't works for me

0 0
Score : 604

So let me get this straight. Ankama decided to make an Ankama version of Steam. Why didn’t they just say: “Hi everybody, we decided to make our own version of Steam, enjoy!”

0 -4
Score : 713

Because no one say this while doing their own launchers. A bunch of launchers has appeared over recent years and it's a normal (and a logical) thing for companies to create something to unify all their products in one place (and stop sharing 30% from each purchase made). Steam is but one platform (although the largest one, granted) but it doesn't prevent others to make their own launchers. You don't complain to ea or uplay for having their own "steam-like" apps, do you?

1 0
Score : 3

I can't log in
it's supposed to happen?

http://prntscr.com/mjoy2r

halp! tongue

0 0
Score : 274

Riskwares-Own|2019-02-11 17:51:25
I'd prefer actual content that would change the game because now all the servers feel like a ghostown. Start by an actual pvp mode, not the battlefields garbage.

i agreed 
0 -1
Score : 622

Maybe focus on the product, and not the box it comes in.

3 0
Score : 2521

Best comment today @Flatops, maybe relay this? laughunsure

2 -1
Score : 4133

Good to see the announcement finally. Using it already since the announcement of the same from an official comment at the dofus site.

It is nice to have it.
Users don't have to re download everything since data from old installation can be used to get it going.
Players can also launch multiple game windows by pressing play button again. Only the main one will automatically log in. Allowing users to just run other accounts.
Wakfu however had game crashing stability issues last time i combined the launcher and game, and played it. which was 2 weeks ago. Hoping that it will be ok now.
Thank you.

2 0
Score : -4287

Does this mean Waven launching soon?

0 0
Score : 26

They're working on alpha, but its still a long way to go, according to Tot's blog yesterday.

https://tot-prod.blog/2019/02/15/waven-note-21-en-route-vers-lalpha/

0 0
Score : -25

Riskwares-Own|2019-02-11 11:51:25

Absolutely disgusting. Different teams do different things, and no matter where I go, I see people like you and @Huezildo take a big diddlydoo on the game for no reason when Ankama is at work trying to fix things they know are broken.

And people say I'm toxic. 
5 -2

People can be harsh. I do not agree with that person even if I can see where they might be coming from, yet I also do not agree with you all the same. Allow people to have their opinion and comments, Ankama will sift through them and find valid feedback from it all, even the harsher and more unreasonable comments. 

I've never agreed with the word 'toxic' like what does that even mean at this point? people are all allowed to be displeased or dislike something. Everyone has their reasons for saying what they do, even you and Suspect. I don't like replying negatively to any type of feedback, yet I have/do and I'm only human as well and make mistakes or say things and when I come back an hour later I question whether I was fair in what I was trying to relay. 

A bit off topic, but you hear people throwing around the word 'toxic' on a game like Overwatch so often. It's gotten to the extent where people are called toxic even if they did or said nothing wrong, merely had an opinion or frustrated feelings on a matter/situation. Imo, being truly something worthy of being compared to a word like 'toxic' would require the person who is being so, to have actual ill intent and only wants to watch the world burn. *sigh* 

Anyway... point is, allow people to comment and be frustrated and unhappy, they are so for a reason. Ankama needs to hear it and take feedback from that too, as discouraging and poopie as it can be. Trust me, I may disagree a lot or be darn right upset myself too sometimes, but it's always and I mean always because I absolutely love and adore this franchise and want to see it thrive. 

~ Tali

0 0
Score : 2822

I was using this over a month ago. It was buggy as bugfu can be. Does anyone have positive experiences with it?

1 0

Not at all. Tried it out last month as well, Constant lags and client freezing issues where there for wakfu. The launcher got an update today to the version i suppose. Going to test it out. The advanced user settings option is now available somehow in the updater. which lead to the same crashing in the previous version. Progress.

1 0
Score : 4886

The people trash talking this news clearly don't know how a games industry works
You have different sections of a company working on different things, just cause they throw out an update to the launcher doesnt mean they arent fixing bugs.

In addition this has been something people have been requesting for some time, just cause its not on your bucket list doesnt mean others arent happy.

Either provide some substantial feedback or leave, because honestly if you deem things like this "useless" then you might aswell go back to roblox

4 -5

Lol? people who are indeed just trashing should yes, but trying to attack everyone with a different and frustrated opinion is a very weird way of trying to defend the company yet at the same time agreeing that them not hearing out the very people who are trying to support them, is silly.. and I was being nice to use the word silly. Since you can't seem to understand both sides, why don't you go back to roblox? seems you miss it and it's limits.

^ above is proof that you should never type something out whilst frustrated wacko unsure I apologize Suspect happy I came across as very agro when all I wanted to relay to you is that perhaps it's best to try and see both sides of a situation and if it's hard or feels impossible to attempt to not badmouth people just because their opinion is very different from your own. We all have our reasons for posting the comments we do here, all of which are important for Ankama to receive feedback. Even if some of the feedback is indeed very negative or poopie, they will take what's important from those types of comments.

1 -1
Score : 7068

Hmmm, okey. As a player of multiple ankama's games Im quite happy to see a team that working on luncher. Will probably wait for final more stable version that will fix some issues, but for sure will use it in the future.

I have also an question If I would need to download games one more time? Or there is search option to pin game files to luncher?
Also if we'll be able to read Gamakna directly for the launcher app? That would be cool.

And about the rude comments. As Hooks and Suspect writed, there are many teams inside of Ankama Studio, all of them work on different projects. Even inside our Wakfu team there are ppl working on different things in the same time. Even if u are disapointed with a game content its just really low behavior to complain about stuff non related with topic. Ppl that create this launcher are not responsible for pvp/pve/anything in game. They done their job and it's trashtalked just bc.

Just think about it in that way. Did you all go to man washing a dishes in the back of restaurant to complain about the stale salad?
The fact that someone gets money for their job from one man, doesnt mean they work on the same thing.

Peace,
Percy

4 -1
Score : 5

This looks pretty neat so far. Will the forums be integrated into the launcher in the future? Also this looks more like a battle.net inspired design rather than steam @lonelypanther

1 0
Score : 162

"Ankama is at work trying to fix things they know are broken" like 10 years and each time it worse so yea we have reson to be toxic

2 0

Here's how to use the launcher without re downloading the game.
[Procedure] How to use New Ankama Launcher without redownloding.

1 0
Score : 1575

Riskwares-Own|2019-02-11 12:51:25

ghostown??! ...dont worry ankama placed npc's running all over the place; problem fixed thanks ankama, that way i dont feel alone ingame and improves the use of my pc's resources. 2birds 1shot!

Ankama please go all the way and put them all over the game even the mines but more importantly on top of mount zinit  wink
1 0
Score : 525

It looks nice but it won't launch Wakfu for me.
When I press "Play" button, it changes to "Launching" and then changes back to "Play" instantly.

I tried:
1)Moving between drives
2)Removing parameters XMS & XMX
3)Repairing installation,
and none of them worked.

Hope this helps to improve the launcher!

0 0

Riskwares-Own|2019-02-11 19:10:15
it just bugs me how out of touch Ankama is with its community...weither it's Dofus or Wakfu, always putting out useless updates for years until they finally listen to the community once every 5 years and drop a good update.

tbh i've made a comment like your myself recently, as an old player and Dofus player as well, I find it the most frustrating thing about the company. No one is saying, only listen to us or our feedback is all that matters... i'm sure they have their own company goals etc. yet is it really that hard to just hear us out too? we might surprise them that our concerns align with what they have planned anyway or perhaps our concerns have very valid and just reasons, which as a professional business, they should consider looking into.

Anyway, doubt they care enough to read these let alone snap out of it and change how selfish and uncooperative they are with their customers. I'm sure they are doing well enough financially to not give a hoot about us anyway..

And for the defenders of the company, please calm down. If you can't see that people are having a hard time being 'grateful' because the company chooses to rarely or never consider our concerns or worries, then I feel sorry for you. There's more than just one side to all of this. I agree, this launcher is a wonderful project and I'm excited and happy about it. The company did a good job and I hope it's successful. That said... success is also multi faceted, to be truly successful, it wouldn't hurt to hear what their community is trying to say. There might be arguments that they do try, yet tbh if the community keeps feeling unheard or uncared for, clearly there's still a problem and that should also be worked/focused on so it can change for the better. Aside from the huge bug infestation this game has been struggling with for years, there are indeed other issues or questions that remain unanswered. Do not get me wrong. I adore the games, I appreciate the company and it's franchise, heck I do respect them for all the bad comments/feedback they have to shoulder or cast aside. Yet at the end of the day there's some truth to negative feedback, there's truth to bettering things and yes they are indeed probably working very hard on all that; which we never get to see because it's behind the scene's. I don't have any experience in running a company, I don't know what it's like to try and keep thousands of people happy or even moderately so...yet listening is something they can do. Example (warning may be a bad one but it does give my point across I feel) if the company really wants to work on/bring out a awesome pvp system but only 25% of the people are actually interested or want to delve into that aspect of the game why make it a priority to work on if there's so many other things that need work, fixing, attention etc. I understand that it's all frustrating and I can see how they can't always focus on keeping the communities happy and so on, yet as a company who is trying to promote their amazing product and at the same time get in some solid cash so things can work like a well oiled machine etc. they are imo and many others it seems, indeed going about it the wrong way.

[Ankama]WAKFU|2019-02-12 10:50:08
Hey guys,

We do listen and take note of all of your suggestions. In fact we did a survey late last year on what content do you want to see for 2019. As much as we want to cater to them all, we'd have to weigh them and see if it's sound, and if our technology and resources can make them a reality.

[Flatops]

Indeed. It is and was appreciated, yet people are obviously still out with their pitch forks and knives (i'll be brave enough to admit/say that) because they still feel like regardless of the survey, no one listened because of no real feedback or news post to update us on where our feedback on that survey even scales compared to what the company has already lined up or had been working on. I understand that transparency can be dangerous, especially for a company yet if done correctly and safely can indeed (in harsher terms) shut a lot of people up and makes the survey and your attempts at including us and having us indeed feel heard, be way more successful. Obviously this is just ramblings and a opinion from a broken winged Eniripsa, yet I hope it at least means something at the end of the day. 

~ Tali
1 -2

Hey guys,

We do listen and take note of all of your suggestions. In fact we did a survey late last year on what content do you want to see for 2019. As much as we want to cater to them all, we'd have to weigh them and see if it's sound, and if our technology and resources can make them a reality.

[Flatops]

Respond to this thread