By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Wakfu in 2019: Phase II – Time to Vote!

By [Owlie] - ADMINISTRATOR - October 31, 2018, 17:15:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker

You've told us all about your expectations for the 2019 WAKFU schedule. We're answering your suggestions today and would like you to vote!

Every day, we read your feedback on the forums and social media to guide our priorities. This year, we want to involve you more directly in this target-setting process for updates in the second half of 2019. And that's why in mid-September, we asked you to give us your ideas and wishes for the game in a new section of the forum.

And today, after having taken a look at all the suggestions from all the communities, gathered and analyzed the votes, we're now asking you to choose from these 11 highly popular propositions that we've selected!

This survey is open to everyone because we really feel it's important that each and every one of you has a chance to have their say, so go ahead and share this with those around you, with your guild, with your friends…

TAKE PART IN THE SURVEY

It's also really important for us to tell you how things work from our side: why we stick to certain ideas, rule others out, or modify suggestions. Here are a few popular ideas that won't be offered in this survey or elsewhere – as well as our reasons for this.

Pandala, Otomai Island…

The reason you won't find these names directly in the survey is because they've been brought together as ​​"A New Island". And if your dream has always been to drink fermented bamboo milk with your long-haired buddies or to have some strange experiences on a desert island with your blue-haired spiritual father, you'll have to vote for this suggestion, won't you?

The Kolossium

We read PvP requests very carefully and we fully understand that the current PvP system is not universally accepted. And although we know that an inter-server matchmaking system looks like a logical solution (aka Kolossium in DOFUS), we are unable to set this up easily in Wakfu.

Even though the game is largely similar to DOFUS in terms of their universes, the two projects are technically very far apart and it wouldn't be possible to use the DOFUS Kolossium in Wakfu: We would have to develop the system from the ground up and the workload would just be colossal.

The second point is that, for this system to work properly, it needs to be multi-server. Even though the single-server Kolossium worked well initially, its limitations were soon apparent: It was quite common to have to wait more than an hour for a battle. The single-server Kolossium is therefore not a good solution and the time required to develop the inter-server Kolossium would be well over a year.

We therefore didn't include the addition of the Kolossium in the survey, but rather the option of further advancing PvP. This means that if a lot of you vote for this proposal, we will try our hardest to give it to you: either by way of a development of the current system or a new system unique to Wakfu.

Marriage Feature

A lot of you seem to link this idea to teleportation, but we don't want to add teleportation toward another character because we believe it to be too powerful a feature.

Developing a marriage system solely as a roleplay feature seems to us to be costly at this present time compared with what this feature would bring to the game.

Letterbox

There is already a letterbox system with the Ankabox. This is a multi-game feature and is not yet complete (no item transfers or in-game integration with Wakfu), but we do not intend to change this for the moment.

House purchase

Adding such a system does not seem particularly viable. The number of houses that we could make available would be very limited and very few players could actually use such a system. Setting up an instances system (multiple owners) would reduce the feeling of owning a property and would be difficult to implement in technical terms. Plus, every player has already been given the possibility to develop their own Haven Bag (or Haven World, for certain players).

Stasis & Wakfu

Mechanically, we think this is a bit too simplistic and Manichean to be opposed to the creation and destruction of in-game resources. We are not rejecting the long-term possibility of adding further depth to the mechanics of Stasis and Wakfu, but we believe that a workload of this magnitude is not currently a priority.

We're hoping many of you will complete this survey, so please go ahead and vote for what you'd like to see in WAKFU in 2019!

First Ankama intervention

Hello folks,

The server merge was only applicable to the International community so it was not included as the survey is for WAKFU as a whole.

As a reminder, the server merge has been postponed and that the team is looking for alternatives for it. We'd like for everyone to keep their belongings and finding a solution for this needs time. It is a work in progress, and we can only share details once they are ready. 

See message in context
Reactions 33
Score : 11189

This was rather... ambiguous....

But you still got the precise suggestions listed internally under those topics, right?
Like the "camera movement in fight" under "interface improvement" and the encyclopedia under something else?

Score : 509

I hope the encyclopedia is listed on "interface improvement" too.

Score : 212

is it normal for the votes to keep randomly resetting after i vote on a certain amount of things ?

Score : 3394

What is this

Score : 123

I think that each topic need to show that the list which the certain problems relate to this topic in it. We need more detail to know what would we gain if we vote for that topic.

The booster related questions of the survey need some more options, especially number 8.

You also discarded some top rated ideas without mentioning why, like acount wide jobs and a bigger inventory.

Score : 15732

I hope character customization is one of the first things they work on like letting us choose different height, body type (different versions of the same class), more hair styles (this really needs to happen), etc.

Also wakfu needs to look this

And less like this

Not everyone is using a pentium computer from 2001 ankama.

But the most important thing to me is to make wakfu an mmorpg again.....please make different versions of dungeons:
  • Light: Can complete dungeon with 3 people (making bosses easier but making wakfu fun and relaxing)
  • Current: How it works now
  • No roles required: Remove the tank+healer+damage requirement in dungeons/boss fights so that you can recruit 6 people without trouble. If you can't find a feca/sacrier good luck forming groups. What good is it to make nations smaller if you throw a thousand requirements into these fights? I know you do this so the people with hero accounts have a challenge for themselves but this is an mmorpg ankama, you need to understand that things need to be on the easy side for an mmorpg.

You have tried everything, try one of these optional dungeon modes for once ankama, is your pride in having difficult content that important?

I think that adapting the amount of mobs per room to the number of players in the group would be easier and as effective as your suggetions.

About the "no roles required", it's ok to need a specific role for a dungeon, at the end game tier at least. The problem is that on Wakfu, what we really need is a specific class, and that's what is ruining the game for me. All you need to do is to check the Dungeon Ranking to see this, around 3 to 4 classes are the same on every single group, and i don't even want to mention the Ultimate Bosses.

Another problem with adding dungeon versions, would be that this idea would have the same purpose as the Stasis System, but this system is indeed far from flawless.

Score : 669

The only thing I concern about is the pvp system. Kolo wouldn't work anyway. How about bring back free world pvp?

Score : 14144

Let's hope that the Haven Bag customization includes more room in bag and stash too.

Score : 582

Which one of those options is the encyclopedia?

Score : 3817

Why isn't the merge in the list? I'm really mad that you chose to "forget" it.

Score : 11854

NVM this time i was wrong and i thought my thicc head saw a chance to complain again, nothing to whine here, misunderstood

Score : 14144

Sting-Shotter|2018-11-01 13:32:31
soo mobile arenas got ignored too? GG

You haven't checked the part of ordering the choices by priority in the survey yet, right? Because I remember having seen that thing among the choices.
Score : 202

Bigger inventory and inventory management got ignored... Probably the one thing I was looking forward to the most aside from mobile arenas.

Score : 116

Any possibility for server merge ?

Score : 364

better ergonomics would be nice im glad that's on there

Score : 2015

no merging? wow really? it was the most talked about and you choose to completely ingore it without even mention it why? hahah

Score : 3817

the once (many times actually) promised merge is the only reason that I'm still around.... It had a lot of votes, and you didn't put it in the list...   does this mean that you gave up?

Score : 2015

ok i just read it again in detailed, they didn't mentioned the server merge that won't be offered, so maybe they are still thinking about it

Score : 261

I love how Ankama asked a bunch of uneducated consumers how to improve a pieces of technical engineering, only to find out we are exactly that...uneducated idiots who don't know diddly squat about what it takes to make a game work.

This whole post is one giant facepalm. You handle the technical stuff on your side, and let the gamers game.

Score : 616

ANKAMA: As part of our commitment to work together with the community, we would like to ask you what you want for next year.

Player A: server merge
Player B: server merge
Player C: server merge
Player D: server merge
Player E: server merge
Player F: server merge
Player G: server merge
Player H: server merge
Player I: new island

ANKAMA; We are listening to our community. Next year we will give you a new island. Hurrah!

Respond to this thread