FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Survey: Technical Improvements

By [Flatops] - ADMINISTRATOR - April 23, 2018, 14:30:00
Reactions 128
Score : 683
Graphics scaling
  • Screen resolutions are getting higher. I could recommend Wakfu to more people if they can play on or benefit from their default screen resolutions!
UI text size
  • I like how you allow us to choose chat text sizes. I wish if the entire UI/chat texts were readable in high screen resolutions.
Allow inventory search
Allow selection of multiple items in the inventory
  • Big bags are nice, and I wish if we could use them effectively.
Free us from stuttering
  • The hiccups/stuttering has been here for a good while!

p.s. Till when is this thread open? I am thinking to gather ideas from a group I belong to, but it will take some time.
0 -1
Score : -12

1 - Inactivity. I am online but droped for Inactivity. This is no problem normal place but İn battlefield, If I try again join world, I forfetied lose and Lose merit. Maybe you can not correct this error but why We lose fight. If we not join again just lose.

2- Ecaflip's kitty sometime going in bug. Its have 5 ap and range is yet. Its can use damage but not use. Or have 5 mp but not move and range is not yet, ıf not move. This is so bad for Battlefield...

3- Inventory. Sometime, some ıtems in there we know, but we cant saw ıts. This is so bad.

0 -1
Score : 62

1) Broken Environmental Quests in Moon Beach

doing them results in only the active character gets XP, but not the heroes. In Moon Jungle (next to Moon Beach) everything works as expected.

2) Was mentioned before: Epic Items

Please put them back into the croupiers, because getting them with these low drop rates is like a gamble and is NO FUN. And while one tries to get an item, his char level rises and he then needs another epic item before he got the one he tried to get before.

3) Even with active booster pets in my inventory loose HP. But not all of them, only a few and only sometimes.

4) Often a click on a button or icon to close a window, to mine, to collect stuff, to select a spell, ....... doesn't work on the first try. Very annoying in fights or when an environmental quest needs to be quick.

5) Modulox tokens change:

maybe a nice idea for characters now to be able to find a group for getting them. But with this change the XP rate per time dropped drastically. Please give us back Flax/Torm with Modulox tokens for leveling. Issue is that leveling even with booster pack feels now like robbing on the floor instead of walking -> less fun now.

Please do a survey referring to the update 1.59 modulox tokens (and related to it, the XP) as soon as possible. I have a slight feeling this is not liked very much.

0 -1
Score : 62

1) Broken Environmental Quests in Moon Beach

doing them results in only the active character gets XP, but not the heroes. In Moon Jungle (next to Moon Beach) everything works as expected.

2) Was mentioned before: Epic Items

Please put them back into the croupiers, because getting them with these low drop rates is like a gamble and is NO FUN. And while one tries to get an item, his char level rises and he then needs another epic item before he got the one he tried to get before.

3) Even with active booster pets in my inventory loose HP. But not all of them, only a few and only sometimes.

4) Often a click on a button or icon to close a window, to mine, to collect stuff, to select a spell, ....... doesn't work on the first try. Very annoying in fights or when an environmental quest needs to be quick.

5) Modulox tokens change:

maybe a nice idea for characters now to be able to find a group for getting them. But with this change the XP rate per time dropped drastically. Please give us back Flax/Torm with Modulox tokens for leveling. Issue is that leveling even with booster pack feels now like robbing on the floor instead of walking -> less fun now.

Please do a survey referring to the update 1.59 modulox tokens (and related to it, the XP) as soon as possible. I have a slight feeling this is not liked very much.

0 -1

1. Steam Achievements have been broken for years.
2. A memory leak causes players to restart the client every half hour. Or you have to play with awful lags.
3. Steam Achievements.
4. Steam Achievements.
5. Steam Achievements.

0 -1
Score : 160

1 - As everybody noted, the map after a while starts to stutter really bad. I have an SSD, 16GB RAM and Ryzen 7100, seems software wise the issue.

2 - Some enemies they are quite big and when they are right next to you casting spells around them or on them is difficult and confusing.

3 - Pathfinding is not very efficient when exploring. Sometimes I can see that there is a path to reach a place but it's not possible to reach until the start of this path is visible in the screen.
Example: I cannot reach the top of a stair if the beginning of the stair are not visible in the screen.

4 - You should be able to see all the set stats in game.

5 - Market don't allow item to be sorted by LVL.

0 -1

6 - On the dragon turkey mission when you have to pay 3000k for the permit... the money is removed from all characters/sidekicks in the team even tough they are participating on the quest or they don't have the requirements. (Just lost 12000k spread through a team of 3 =P)

0 -1

PLEASE italian language T_T i need it

0 -1

7 - Please show the level needed to equip the whole set on the set box. I'm looking for sets on my level, all I see it's level 1 sets boxes.

0 -1
Score : -36

1 - Fix payment options for Brazillian users so they can buy ogrines somehow
2 - Fix the serious Memory leaks that today degrade performance and makes a application restart needed every few hours
3 - Remove confirmation dialog for dragonturkey travel. They are now free so in the rare event someone makes a mistake there is no loss just using it again. In fact, if any transport cost is 0k due to premiun or other effect, suppress confirmation.
4 - WASD movement. I know, the keys are already used for other things. But the user can remap. Add some kind of direct movement but leave it unbinded by default. Whoever wants can bind some keys to it.
5 - Remove the server selection from the login process somehow after we already have characters created. Add a button to the character select to change server.

0 -1
Score : 24966

1. Sadida doll's ai - fix it or create it again from scratch. Dolls skip their turns doing nothing or they just walk and not attack. They dodge from enemy with penalties taken instead of attacking it. Healing dolls don't heal sometimes when in lock zone, or they don't heal whom they can reach and just walk to far away ally they wouldn' reach and as a result they heal nobody. Healing dolls may heal enemies on random occasion. Blocker doll walk away from where it was placed because "ai think it knows better" where to be then a player who selected THAT cell on purpose. Dolls can't target 3x3 cell size bosses (except for healer doll who heal it... c'mon! betrayed by own summons...)
2. Speaking of wich fix the 3x3 cell sized bosses so that all spells (including voodoll and doll's ai) can target them on any cell  their body is made of.
3. Opening inventory takes too much memory, often resulting in game freezing or lagging badly until you close client.
4. We should be able to see bonus and malus of stats gained and lost while hovering mouse over items (instead of wasting time doing math ourself - while its not a problem with 1 item, if you plan to change whole set you can waste a lot of time). Just some quality of live improvement.
5. Costumes with transparent helmet doesn't show class hairpins (i.e. Female Sram's skeleton hairpin or Sadida's flower). Please fix it.

1 -1
Score : -11

1. Game crashes when connected to steam, randomly when I’m playing wakfu on my steam account it crashes, never does that with the website version. 
2. Extreme lag issues, steam version never have a problem with skipping turns in the website version but the steam version seems inherently flawed, whole turns get skipped due to collective lag, abilities can no longer be used, and the timer counts down to zero and stays there 

0 -1
Score : 166

1. How sidekick Krosmoglob becomes almost useless in ALS auto build, since wind and water mastery % becomes equal and his attacks do nothing at all. Make his attack system be "wind >= water mastery "or something, this "wind = water mastery does nothing" is pretty upsetting.

2. Group Finder is confuse. A simpler and more inclusive system would be nice.

3. Fighting always feels slow and slugish, some animations are too long and some mob mechanichs are bad explained and/or absurdly unfair.

4. How exausting and buggy it is to harvest resources and seeds, unlike planting, there's no method to select various resouces to harvest automatically; and very frequently when I start harvesting, my character suddenly stop the process and I have to select the resouce again (this almost always happens when I'm on top of the resouce and select to hasvest it or I'm in the mid of a movement)

5. How slow it is to open any window in the game, there's a huge delay beetween pressing a button and opening the corresponding window.

1 -1
Score : 166

Forgot to mention:

1. The existence of 3 markets. Please unify then.

2. How my character walks when I click 4 or less cells away. It's too slow, make an option to toogle always run/always walk.

0 -1
Score : 640

1 - Something that really bothers me is how the UI Actionbars works. If we align the extra bars out of combat to the right to be alight with bar1 it will look good, but when we switch to combat mode the bar will look out of place. If we put the bar in combat to be aligh with bar1 then when we switch to out of combat mode it will also look bad.

Dunno if this fall into the category of optimizations but this have been bothering since day one of Wakfu, if you fix this I will buy 2 boosters for my accounts smile

2 - Maybe add a way to walk to the desired place if we click somewhere in the map. mmos normally have a autorun hotkey which helps when its to travel long distances, here we have to be clicking every 2 secs to travel long distances

3 - And probably the more important one, give me the option to pay ogrines with Paypal I dont want to link my account to steam just to be able to pay with paypal.

4 - Create a special container for seeds/harvests/ores with their dedicated spot, that way we know all the types of stuff that the game has to offer and what are we missing.
This is the perfect example of what I'm talking, Guild Wars 2 bank for materials only.
And very important, make this account sharable. 
3 -1
Score : 413

As some other already said, my number 1 problem is the bugged group finder. It apparently never clears the list. Someone being invited into a party? Still in the list.

Someone offline? Still in the list.

Someone who signed up 3 days ago and is playing something completely different? Still in the list.

Besides that one, the random number generator certainly has problems. Normal seed planting with 70% chance often fails a significant amount of times. 6-7 fails in a row can be considered almost normal, and happens on a daily basis. 6 fails has a chance of 0,07%. 7 fails is 0,02% chance of occurence, but atleast from my experience this happens once or twice per hour.

0 -1
Score : 1
1- Steam Achievements (it's been years. PLEASE. It's my number one gripe!) 

2- No rewards for Mineral Tower Quests?

3- Memory leak when opening maps.

4- Health Bar Displays are not working correctly.

5- Java/LUA. It's really out of date. Just use Java directly. No need for the LUA. It's probably what's causing a lot of the latency/delays with all that spell/animation stuff going on. 
1 -1
Score : 178

1. Memory leak. Opening the map repeatedly slowly causes the game to slow down over the course of a few hours until u eventually have to end the process in task manager because the game becomes too laggy to even close normally. Memory leaks are a HUGE problem and from what I have found, this one has been there for a LONG time.

2. Optimization in general. My computer runs far more intense things then this game, Black Ops 3 for instance, and somehow Wakfu stutters CONSTANTLY at absolutely minimum and BO3 is butter smooth on anything up to just shy of absolute maximum.

3. Do something about everything being perpetually illegal to do. As it stands now its literally impossible to level farmer without becoming a criminal in 6 diferent places because all the elected government ever does is bot to spam vote for themselves til they win so they can troll everyone forever by "protecting" everything that exists.

4. Make Zinit free. There is plenty of incentive to buy booster between the insanely good exp boosts, drop rate, free infinite respec, etc. Requiring it for content too is just going to repel new players when they hit a pay wall to keep playing what is supposed to be a free to play game.

5. Visibility in combat. I cant tell you how many times I have lost a fight because my sidekick shadows big dumb head is blocking the square I need to target and I either time out trying to target the right square or I hit shadow and kill him on accident. The same thing happens with large bosses and monsters like cracklers. It is also infuriating when there are 2 squares literally directly on top of each other because one of them is slightly raised in a way that just so happens to perfectly overlap another space. Fixing that would be as easy as removing the ability to click on a character or enemies sprite during targeting for spells and movement and make it detect only the squares the things are standing on.

Well I cant edit my last comment to add this, but I saw it in someone elses and omg, DO IT!

LET US TOGGLE ALWAYS RUN! I get so sick of having to attempt to harvest from a live monster 5 times because my character walks instead of running. If I want to walk for whatever reason instead of running, just let me do it myself, there is no need to do ti for me just because the travel distance is small.

0 -1
Score : 7185
Ad 5.: There is a tactical mode and a seethrough-mode. The latter does not let you target enemies by clicking the sprites, only the cells, and solves your issue. Look into your options at the keybindings and activate it when you need it.
0 -1
Score : -11

I want to turn off the auto logout
When I went to the toilet for 3 minutes I decided to start the dungeon again

0 -1
Score : 7185
1) If you disconnect while fighting in a Haven-World, and reconnect, the whole ground-texture will be missing, you can not move your character nor use any ability. Relogging or restarting the game does not fix it, and the only solution is to give up the fight.
There are in general issues when one disconnects, with passives/active-spells being reset or unusable too (see other people mentioning in this thread).

2) The bug-archive-subsection on the forums was made invisible. If there were some proper reports on issues, that did not get fixed during the version, players can no longer refer to them. This makes it harder for people that have already submitted reports to keep bringing them up, because they have to redo the whole report from scratch, and with that long-lasting issues are less likely to be reported and fixed.
The french forums keep the subsections of past versions public.

3) If a player creates a bug-archive, the wakfu.log-file is taken. However, if that file becomes too large while playing the game, the client renames that into wakfu.log.1 and later wakfu.log.2, while creating a new file to continue logging there.
The issue is, if someone multiclients, the other clients will continue writing to the renamed files (wakfu.log.1 and wakfu.log.2) instead of the newly created one, and every issue that occurs on those clients will not be shown in the archive at the global log. Because they still point to the other file (filepointers!) which does not change when it is being renamed.
You are missing out on information that would help you solve issues. It could be that the whole issue that occured is not being logged in the global log that you pick (while maybe still being logged in the categorized files).
I would link a thread describing this issue and giving some attempts at solutions, but the bug-achive-section on the forums is invisible and with that the thread.
The logs are also not client-independent in general: If client A does something, it will be shown in client B's logs, even if the player does not use both clients in the same region and their contents do not matter. That makes it harder for you to pinpoint issues when the information is cluttered. Could be solved by adding the client-start-time to the filenames and creating new ones for each client or something of that kind, if needed.

4) Changes to the forums are never shown in any kind of patchnotes.
I'm glad that a lot of issues were resolved (the "<"-symbol breaking posts, quotes breaking when editing, 404 on avatar-change, and others), but it's never mentioned when those things get fixed. I was still avoiding the quoting-function because I knew it was broken, when it actually got corrected.
(Btw, adding linebreaks in numbered lists breaks them.)

5) A lot of players on the asia/pacific-server can not speak English, and talk in their language, which is absolutely fine.
The issue is that the chinese font is still not officially supported. It results in player-names being invisible, messages being invisible.
You can not respond to them on private messages unless you paste their name into the game.
You do not know who is selling items on the market when their name is blanked.
You can not click their names to whisper in the chat.
This has been an issue for years, was acknowled, but never fixed.
Adding support to the chinese font would the most logical choice, as it is the most spoken language in the world.
Please add support to other fonts to the client by default, and give us the option to copy names/messages from the chat so it would be possible to translate (by pasting into google-translate or the sorts) and strengthen the communication between players!
0 -1
Respond to this thread