FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The quests are getting a makeover!

By #[Owlie] - ADMINISTRATOR - March 29, 2018, 17:30:00

For this update, we've refreshed the experience given by most of the game's quests, increased the Kama gains for several of them and, above all, we've created a new, more community-oriented way of doing things on certain repeatable quests. Let's see what it's about!

XP gains

The experience given by certain main quests, mercenary contracts and hunter quests were quite inconsistent based on the content. Thus, we simultaneously worked on multiple fronts to adjust this:

• The main quests are now more rewarding when completed at the levels for which they are intended.
  • The experience given by the mercenary contracts and the hunters has been standardized. You'll notice a large increase in Mount Zinit contracts in particular.

Lastly, the environmental quests will all give more experience. But we've also increased the time allotted to collaborative environmental quests and the number of Souper-Glous one can obtain in them.

Distribution in wealth generation

The objectives and system constraints for generating wealth – Kamas in our case – are:

• Equitable generation among players: we don't want the most invested players to generate the Kama essentials, since they are already the most likely to recoup them by trade.
  • A generation that follows the player's progression: a higher level player must generate more Kamas than a beginner because they don't have the same needs.
  • A generation that isn't easily exploited by bots: the best security against bots are systems that are pointless for bots or which don't operate in a loop.

That's why we're very satisfied with generating Kamas using chests that require an Artifact to access them and why we're adding Kamas than can be obtained at the end of certain quests: they meet these different criteria.

Repeatable community quests

Quests requiring a chosen boss to be defeated (hunter quests and quests obtained with a Mod'Ule in a Haven Bag) have changed: now, they'll require a different boss to be defeated every day, and this boss will be the same for all players.

By contrast, the rewards have increased: the Mod'Ule quests now offer experience, a second Modulox Token, and a new relic can be obtained with Modulox Tokens. The experience from hunter quests has been revised upwards.

With these changes, we expect several positive effects:

• They will encourage you to vary your activities by completing different dungeons from one day to another.
  • They will reward you better when you do it.
  • They will allow you to find a group more easily, since many other players will have the same interest as you in a given dungeon on a given day.

We hope you will like these changes. Don't hesitate to give us your feedback!

Reactions 18
Score : 3680

Does the weekly still exist? I play only 3 random days a week due to work. If i log in 3 times and get kill bsdger boss and i have to do other 3 dungs with no reward, it will rly suuck.

0 0
Score : 8895

I DO like the idea of community Boss hunting.

Can you be more precise on the exp increase? Is it something like +50% or an actual significant amount , similar to the old values before the "Astrub"-model?

0 0
Score : 24802

More kamas by quests/chests? Have you learnt nothing? People will multi account to get fast kamas this way, leaving the casual 1 account users as disadventage in terms of getting kamas. I mean the system could work well if you couldn't play more then 1 account, more then 1 character. It will be abusable to the point where the difference between rich and poor will increase even further.

To not end this reply with salt, i will say that i like the idea for more exp from quests. Extra modulox token is also nice, i just hope its not "extra for everyone (who got booster)" kind of lie. Eh and salt is back.

1 0
Score : 8895

You can be sure it is not gonna be a significant amount, probably less than Excarnus for daily ones.

0 0
Score : 784

Think of it this way; if one is running three characters, that’s three characters they will need to buy/make gear for...so it evens out in the wash.

0 0
Score : 24802

True, unless they just leech off alts for money from quest/chests and delete them and repeat process.

0 0
Score : 203

Big increase on the Zinit quests, allready favoring ptp ppl,but yes this will encourage grouping for sure.lets just hope the kama gain depending on lvl is noticeable good,and hope the exp could also be very good so we can get those last cap lvls faster,but all in all I commend the idea of trying to get the community closer and the daily grind less repetitive.

0 0
Score : 14338

Cool, the extra EXP from envir quests will help with the sidekick leveling now. Just like it used to do before the past envir quests revamp.

0 -1
Score : 305

Really surprised by Ankama this year, they're working fast but completely instead of fast and halfway.
I still don't see any incentive to not play with 2 hero accounts though? Ankama? Anyone? They have too much faith in humans to care about others, if people can cheat under the law they will, they really don't care in a selfish world. So again Ankama, where are the incentives to play with people?

0 -3
Score : 425

Why would Ankama try to incentivize people to spend less money on the game?

0 0
Score : 35623

This post conveniently doesn’t list the flax torm changes unless I missed it in here?

Any word on if that’s still being nerfed or

0 0
Score : 471

These look like a lot of well thought-out changes, keep it up!

1 0
Score : 339

The second modulox token its only for player with active booster?

0 0
Score : 1754

yep

0 -1
Score : 1

I have a dilemma so I came out of retirement after a few years and it appears my characters aren't able to continue the main questline anymore. Is there any way to fix this? All my chars are over 100 this is one of my favorite games but I don't know if I'm willing to start over sad

0 0
Score : 3870

Ok firstly, stop ressurecting year-old topics, make a new tpoic instead.

Secondly, what quest are you stuck on? Everything is F2P except zinit lvl 186

0 0
Score : -420

Quest fix is ok but more kama earning dont attract players to merchant system , this only causes more expensive resources and unsold gears and messed market. You should redesign gear recipes.

cody5|2019-09-16 10:50:33
this is a topic from 2018 fyi

why are this old posts being pop up ??
1 0
Score : 3870

this is a topic from 2018 fyi

0 0
Respond to this thread