By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Ankama Live News

By [Flatops] - ADMINISTRATOR - March 13, 2018, 17:00:00
AnkaTracker

During the opening stream of Ankama Live on Twitch (available in French here), Tot has answered several questions that the community was asking him.

Is Dofus going to become Free to Play?

Tot: When I saw the frantic activity regarding this on Twitter, I couldn’t keep up at all! I merely suggested that this could be a possibility, and my words were warped. I wanted to explain to the community that we were pondering new ideas. Now, I’ve started a new blog for DOFUS Dungeons, so I’m picking up the pace on this.

We can’t make DOFUS into a Free to Play right now, there’s just too much at stake. We’re not the most efficient when it comes to monetization, if we take DOFUS Touch as an example. For a community of active players the same magnitude as DOFUS, DOFUS Touch has a much lower monthly revenue than his older brother. Our company is not part of the stock market, we’ve been alive and kicking for 17 years, which allows us the freedom of creating and not to be directed by money only.

What is DOFUS Dungeons exactly?

The idea is to create a new, simpler gameplay mode, in complete accordance with our community. We will make it free, amongst the other Dofus servers, and alter the gameplay and rules of the game as we much as we’d like, while at the same time dialoguing with the players about it.

Our objective is to move fast, and show you something playable this July.

The basic principle is to make the game simpler, by removing for example the jobs, the mounts’ rearing… and concentrate on small instance of zones containing many dungeons. Equipment drop will probably make a return as well. Our wish is to build this project in collaboration with our community.

At the same time, the DOFUS Dungeon’s server will be a “test” ground for future features of our historical games.

If you want more details, you can read my article on the blog I was talking about earlier (in French): here.

Wakfu Season 4

I’ve talked about this a bit before, but in animation, we don’t work alone: we’re depending on the TV channels. We can’t make Wakfu season 4 is France Television is not backing us up. They have a renewed interest in our show after season 3, since we wrecked their previous records on their web platform. Even if it takes a long time, between all the contracts and procedures, it’s going pretty well right now, France Television is very excited and Netflix has given us good feedback, with the show translated in 8 different languages. With our players helping us as well, we can probably get a season 4 rolling.

Dofus Cube

I’ve started the life of Dofus Cube on my personal blog because I wanted more simplicity and direct contact with you. The project now deserves its own space. I’ve really started to enjoy Game Design again, thanks to several projects, and helped by the fact that I’m working with some old friends I used to work with a few years ago. We’re having a solid testing of Dofus Cube’s 1v1 mode in two weeks from now. But we’re not abandoning the rest of development, as different parts are handled by different teams.

Princess Dragon

Regarding Princess Dragon, the release date is still up in the air. We wanted to make it a French-Japanese co-production, but the studio which should have partnered with us has retracted from the deal. JJ is currently working on the full story-board, and it looks absolutely gorgeous. We’re making progress, but we’ll probably have to wait until 2020 or 2021 to release it. This reminds me, I’ve received some criticism about how I write a lot of male characters, so I made an effort to write female characters this time.

WAKFU

We have big projects for this game, which has lived through several crisis. We took the decision to take a few months to stabilize the game and fix as many bugs as possible, putting on stand-by new content for a while and purifying the game in order to re-build on a cleaner ground.

First Ankama intervention

Replying to luliki3

Hi luliki3,

We'll share your feedback with our stream team, though it might be a challenge as it will need resources to pull off. For future broadcasts, we can always provide a summary similar to this news.

See message in context
Reactions 26
Score : 11408

SEASON 4! SEASON 4!

So, about that and asking as early as possible.
I watched Season 3 .... on the internet....
It is certainly a series i would watch several commercials for, so...

I don't know how it was on that french tv site, but would it be possible to "simpyl" stream season 4 on a free-access-youtube-like platform for the international community simply with 1-2 commercials ??

Split the file in 2-3 parts to avoid pirating or whatever, but the easier it is to access the more people would be inclined to watch it somewhere, where you guys can actually earn some well deserved profit from it.

Score : 803

"We can’t make DOFUS into a Free to Play right now,"

because Dofus is still successful

f2p is usually the last way to rescue a game

Score : 427

"We have big projects for this game, which has lived through several crisis. We took the decision to take a few months to stabilize the game and fix as many bugs as possible, putting on stand-by new content for a while and purifying the game in order to re-build on a cleaner ground."

I think "several crisis" is a great understatement, and I'd argue that we're not out of the crisis state yet. I am glad they're going to give the game the attention it needs. I hope this "clean up" also resolves some of the many issues plaguing character balance and whatnot

Score : 829

Hey Wakfu Staff!

Will anyone add subtitles to the released Ankama's streams? I would love to watch.

Hi luliki3,

We'll share your feedback with our stream team, though it might be a challenge as it will need resources to pull off. For future broadcasts, we can always provide a summary similar to this news.

Score : 2148

IMO:
Ova's and Season 3 are disgusting. Wakfu is unfair.
- Ankama has a lot of work to do.

Score : 23

How about re-releasing all of Wakfu on Bluray?

Score : 130

I hope that Ankama fixes all the bugs bay are actually causing problems. There are a lot of things that need to be fixed before we can progress to the new content. The most important topic right now is balancing things such as classes.

Score : 2948

I agree 100%, hold off on Wakfu new content and focus of bug fixing and performance improvement for the rest of the year!

Score : 296

Balancing classes is not a bug.

Score : 171

Several Crisis, this game is close to dying,and u guys dont see it, if u are going to fix this game, focus on the bugs that has has been plaguing us since 2013, plus all the ignored requests like More Interactive UI( u took away ) , Common bugs, Mini teleportation animations (you took away so fast no one knew it existed) ALl the Emote Nerfs, Class Nerfs/ and you guys are balancing classes for PVP and NOT PVE ( fi you guys made the classes balanced for pvp alone and for pve we would have more fun playing the game) , if you guys actually listened to us and for one month cut out the bug support, and open a line to you and your dev team you'd make so much more progress. i've been playing since pre-beta and to see the game in its state as it is, i really contemplate quitting every other month and its sad.

Score : 506

Wakfu is dying every day, if you do not put several months to repair the huge amount of errors, this will go for worse.

Score : 345

I don't think class balancing is the way to go, look at wow and how popular it is. Even when classes get nerfed into the ground people just make new characters. And eventually they get fixed. I think you should work on fixing the game and lack of communication and bugs in the game first before class balancing. As that will always be a problem unless each class is the same.

"We have big projects for this game, which has lived through several crisis. We took the decision to take a few months to stabilize the game and fix as many bugs as possible, putting on stand-by new content for a while and purifying the game in order to re-build on a cleaner ground."

The crisis that wakfu has at this moment is that you have a HUGE lack of content (you expect people to do zinit for years?). Every year you just copy paste events and hardly anything new (ok, so you added 1 haven bag kit or whatever) but while you guys are wasting time with stupid excuses like class balancing, your playerbase is dwindling, dying out day by day for lack of content, because they have noone to play with, the gameplay is boring (every dam day just grinding or just doing 1-2 daily quest?) I hope you guys have a counter for how many players are actually playing so you can see from time to time how many players are leaving because of your inactivity.
You might be calming a few guys with your statement of "stopping new content so we can balance classes or fix a few bugs" but when i (and others) see this, it seems that wakfu developers are just finding excuses not to make new content. What good is it to balance a class when your content is stale, players are leaving and you guys are just hoping new and old players will stay just because you added a new dungeon AFTER HOW DAM LONG? (even this is just another way to make players spend more cash)
Interestingly what people see mostly recently is another junk cash item pack for the upteenth time in a row and no actual content, just cash item update after cash shop offers. I know that wakfu needs money to stay alive , but to me it appears that you guys are just milking the cow dry to the bone while you still can until enough players quit the game and then you might just consider making a few new items/dungeons or whatever.
I for one refuse to buy any more shop items and refuse to subscribe for another year month or day to support this lazy developer team. I will just wait and see how this boat is sinking and how the naysayers will still support the idioting need for class balancing instead of actual content or servermerge.
P.S. i noticed how admins or whateverguys hardly even reply to complaints recently, they just avoid them like the plague and just answer boring questions instead of ones that matter just to seem relevant.

Score : 899

They need to fix bugs before they add anything new. Otherwise it's just more bugs to interact with the existing ones.
Apparently they ignored bugs this whole time so that it reached a breaking point.

Score : 803

who knows, maybe they're working on a Wakfu retro server project, so they set everything up xD

to get back all the players who scared them away xD

It's a shame that wakfu and dofus both seem to lack good development teams or lack informing the players when they do things. You could go weeks or months without knowing they had made a change until you use a spell and it's completely different.

Hi stevie2Duex,

We've improved the way we share content news. We also have our e-magazine, Gamakna to supplement them.

Score : 3786

I understand why u guys bash the game so hard and u r conoletely right. However, i do like the did acknowledge the troubles or some of them. Id call that progress!

But they can acknowledge them all they want, unless they change something, or fix the problems it means nothing.
sad i wish wakfu and dofus were better. i wish there devs would keep up/try and give something to the players instead of here's the next 20 dollar thing or ogrines stuff, These costumes could be a cool unlockable for class quests they could introduce. It's just a buy while it's out, How'd you get that? oh i bought it when it was out. This is all content that could be integrated into the game instead of just selling it to you. I understand there cosmetics, but why not make it a quest or something to do that is interesting for players, instead of spend X dollar here. people will log on everyday to get almanax tokens to unlock stuff (boring yes, effective probably?) i mean, it's a reason to get on.

They can say all they want, and they've known Wakfu's been in crisis for 6 years so why not do something about it? Every year they avoid the problems and instead work on whatever they want to work. They make these fancy surveys every other year and follow through with maybe 1 of the the 10 choices, and that's a maybe if they don't half-ass it.

To their credit they started the year right with class revamps but if that's all their staff can do and no new content this mmo's future looks grim.

Score : 153

I feel the Wakfu MMO has been riding on the back of the Wakfu animated series for a while now. Don't get me wrong, I love the animated series but you guys seem to have things rather backwards to the point where you'd rather the game look more accurate to the show rather than the show look more accurate to the very thing it's based on. It's all very fan-fic-y right now if you'll excuse my saying so and it doesn't feel like either one has made a step in the right direction.

We got answers to questions literally no one asked for in the Season 3 finale and the game is getting attention in areas that seem to be the least of player's concerns in the long run (class revamps can be good though).
I hope you guys look back to the original concept of what made you create Wakfu (or even Dofus) and try not to get too blinded by multimedia when creating a future for this game.

" I hope you guys look back to the original concept of what made you create Wakfu (or even Dofus) and try not to get too blinded by multimedia when creating a future for this game. "

That is so beautiful

Respond to this thread