FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Beta is online: Huppermage rework!

By #[Owlie] - ADMINISTRATOR - February 16, 2018, 17:00:00
AnkaTracker
Reactions 47
Score : 24

in my own opinion, huppermages are purely weak anyway, just feels like there makeing them more useless, huppermage was my first chara and ive always felt weak compared to other classes. I dont see these changes helping in a good way.

0 -2
Score : 740

The new 1.59 beta client won't even start on my hardware -  running under Windows-10, it fails to properly identify the Intel i7-2600K's processor integrated graphics.   :wacko:

This same hardware runs the current 1.58 client just fine... so I guess my time as a Wakfu player will end when Ankama rolls out update 1.59 on the regular servers.

Others with older hardware may shortly find themselves in the same boat, (which has the name "Titanic" painted on it)   angry

2 0
Score : 3033

>one of the newest races got reworked ALREADY
>Osa or other older classes still got middle finger after all those years

ayyyy

0 0
Score : 36408

A class that actually needs to be reworked should be touched before a class that is close to if not top tier. There is nothing wrong with osamodas right now that requires them getting immediate attention.

Also this isn’t 4chan

0 -1
Score : 47

I really like this class, I play it a lot, I have to say a lot of this changes, look more like a nerf than a buff, lets see how it goes, but it doesnt looks like a distance mage anymore he seems middle range, I think he will be a fail all in one like Rogue, Rogue is very sad because his special thing were bombs and they got nerfed to the point they are useless.

0 0
Score : 1328

so no rework for rogue huh?.. sad 

0 -1
Score : 1

We increased the damage of all the elementary spells.

makes sense ....
0 0
Score : 4210

To be fair, they lowered the cost of resonance. The under armor at lvl 200 is -17 now versus -19 which is still amazing.

0 0
Score : 5079

Any news for xelors?

0 -1

EloyAcebes|2018-02-16 22:57:42
And for when the Osamodas changes. He need changes

FireCooler|2018-02-18 01:51:35
so no rework for rogue huh?.. sad 

akyl13|2018-02-19 00:45:17
Any news for xelors?

Hi guys,

The team would like to implement balancing changes once class at a time. For now the focus is on Huppermages.
Score : 1008
[Flatops]|2018-02-19 00:13:32
Hi guys,

The team would like to implement balancing changes once class at a time. For now the focus is on Huppermages.

And this is why this game will always be an unbalanced mess.

Doing the balancing one class at a time to apply a bandage that may or may not fix the problem and more often than not has upset the community is not helping matters.
(Enutrof patch anyone?)

I know it seems like the lazy route with less work involved reworking just one class, but how many times have they done it?  Thirty times now or more? (probably grossly underestimating)  If they took all the time they put into all those individual patches and sat down and balanced this whole game like it so desperately needs they would spend LESS time and hopefully make this game great and then balancing wouldn't need to be done again.

Put in the time NOW to fix this game once and for all so you don't have to work on balance issues indefinitely and can get to fixing all the various still-persisting bugs in Wakfu.
1 -1
Score : 3

oh come on they are nerfing this class a lot, this way.

2 -2
Score : 487

yeah im good i no longer have interest in hupper i thought they were weak before LOL ffs yet another class ruined by restrictions and straight LOS and debuffing. yea we are gonna take all your range and aoe but its okay we increased the damage by 5%

1 -2
Score : 65

I don't understand nerfing Huppers this much? They were supposed to be damage dealers but too many classes outshine them in that aspect. 

The mechanics of the game probably make Huppers good tanks with -WP equipment, which apparently isn't supposed to be how they are played. 

The revamped Visio Imperum seems lazy and uninspiring. They only advantage Huppers had over most classes was the free teleport. Now that's limited to once per two turns. 

The Huppers greatest weapon*, Twilight Beam, is no where near the power level it needs to be to useful in a fight where QB is vital AND that isn't likely to change in the rework. 

What's most disappointing is the one per target limit on Light Arrow. This is the Huppers best offensive spell and it got decimated by the limit, when it already was limited by AP and QB limits.

1 0
Score : 184

Huppermages are so much better on the beta now, thank you. They're more consistent, and more in-line with other classes when it comes to strengths. Obviously some people would be upset solely because Huppermages are a bit different now and require more strategy, but they've definitely been changed for the better.
They have a bunch of useful and effective spells they are able to use now, and not a just few that are blatantly stronger than everything else.

As a Huppermage main, I can't wait for these changes to come to the live version. 

2 -1
Score : 307

are there 2 pages for new hupper? here and beta-forum?
btw in the other forum i told my opinion about the news and  mechanic, in this one i'd like to focus more about the impact of this revamp.
as you noticed, if you noticed  last 2 chars that you ankama reworked left holes in the game: cras and enus almost disappeared, and i totally agree with people who made them disappear(i've got them too :/).
my main is atm the hupper but after try all classes i came out of the conclusion that there are some other much better.   i unequipped my main some months ago and i hadn't think about to re-use it....untill now, or not? 
let me explain, you made this changes and even if they are not bad (surely not bad as enu's changes or cra's) they're not changes the balance of the community.
in the other forum most of us hupper said almost the same things, please listen to us
and if i can say ... i like people who have low level chars but let me say that hupper is one char that to be full-use needs to be at lv 200, it need 6 passives(maybe more) chars with passives lv 1 don't have any idea of the endgame battle so pls don't pretend to be expert

0 0
Score : 432

Norendithas|2018-02-19 18:38:10

[Flatops]|2018-02-19 00:13:32
Hi guys,

And this is why this game will always be an unbalanced mess.

Doing the balancing one class at a time to apply a bandage that may or may not fix the problem and more often than not has upset the community is not helping matters.
(Enutrof patch anyone?)

I know it seems like the lazy route with less work involved reworking just one class, but how many times have they done it?  Thirty times now or more? (probably grossly underestimating)  If they took all the time they put into all those individual patches and sat down and balanced this whole game like it so desperately needs they would spend LESS time and hopefully make this game great and then balancing wouldn't need to be done again.

Put in the time NOW to fix this game once and for all so you don't have to work on balance issues indefinitely and can get to fixing all the various still-persisting bugs in Wakfu.

One class at a time...so just shaft the other classes and "rework" one? Still waiting for answers for the endgame osa summon rebalances...*hint hint*
1 0
Score : 59

No help for enutrof?

0 0

i think this might be a big nerf on Huppermages TvT.... Visio Imperium and Light arrow are so good...

0 -1

i guess limiting light arrows hit per target is quite a big mistake, this just makes Huppermages weaker i guess. The damage inflicted will be increase but not fun like it is before. Now Huppermages depend on Will-o-Wisp much more than before. And i think reworking Visio Imperium is not a great idea sad

yeah.. increase dmg might just a bit benefit in a nerf pool. I think no one gonna play Huppermages after this.... And i feel bad for my main character too. Huppermages after this become so weak because they lose all of their unique.

i think this rework is a big nerf making Huppermages become such a boring class 

0 -1
Score : 515

Huppers do not depend on WoW at all.

Wisp is more likely an useless gimmicky skill now. 

And Huppers have insane damage as of now, and when i tested on beta with a worse set than server, the damage was FAR superior even with 80% crit, can't wait to see what i can do with my 100% crit once the patch hits servers.

1 0
Score : 515
Make Disc the Air Stealing skill, as using a short-range skill like Diurnal Butterflies, coupled with the fact that you MUST target something to steal and get Air and you will also most likely have the other runes active, can get you in trouble because of Diurnal Butterflies' secondary effects. 

Please!

1 0
Score : 460

The Enu need a fix!!! -.-

0 -1
Score : 4210

Ya'll this is not where feedback goes so try to keep it here if you can help it. I seriously hope they listen to us this time instead of just, "hey guys, what do you think? Lmao it doesn't matter what you think. Here you go!"

https://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/251-feedback/233483-1-59-feedback-huppermage

0 0