FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Results: Vote for the next Reworked Class!

By $[Sabi] - ADMINISTRATOR - February 08, 2017, 18:16:07
DevTracker Announcements

You were almost 7,000 to take part in our survey, with even 4,000 to confirm your main choice, and many to wait impatiently for the results. We won’t keep you waiting any longer, so here they are!

All communities combined, we noticed that one class was clearly standing out: the Sacrier! Therefore, we took note of all your feedback and suggestions on this subject.

Given the enthusiasm you showed us in this survey, we decided to add some class balancing with the next game update 1.52 coming after the Secure Craft, even though we initially decided to do some in an update this summer… Are you still following?

We will therefore start with the Sacrier, and especially the “tanking” mechanics in general. It is even then possible that we’ll look into other classes!

Since the 1.52 update will be fast approaching, we will come back to you in the next few weeks in order to talk about these modifications that we’re working on in details.

Tell us what you think about it and write down your suggestions about "Tanking" mechanics and the Sacrier class in the comment section below. We will gladly read them!

First Ankama intervention
Xillor-The-Shadow|2017-02-08 21:01:57
Here, I have a new idea for the new tank Sacrier

Sanguine Heart - (Passive)
The Sacrier takes 30% reduced damage,
--> 100% of the reduced damage is stored in the Sacrier's "Sanguine Heart"

If the Sacrier's Sanguine Heart contains damage,
--> At the start of their turn,
--> The Sacrier is hurt for half the stored damage (indirect)
--> The damage taken is removed from the Sanguine Heart
(This leaves half of the damage from the previous turn still in the Sanguine Heart)
(Also, the remaining damage stored carries over from turn to turn so it could potentially build up)

This passive would basically allow the sacrier to slow their bleeding by only taking 70% of their damage up front, and 30% of the rest of their damage over time instead.

It would also be cool to design other sacrier aspects around this concept. Like, say for example..

Cage Of Blood
If cast on oneself,
--> The sacrier is healed for 50% of the stored damage in the Sanguine Heart
--> Consumes 50% of the stored damage

or...

Punishment
--> Adds 100% of the stored damage in the Sanguine Heart to this attack
--> Consumes 100% of the stored damage
--> The Sacrier loses 10% of their current HP

That's actually a cool idea. I like it.

Also, thanks everyone for your first feedback.
See message in context
Reactions 108
Score : 13022

Thank you, we need as many tank classes as possible, it makes a better community.

If a class has earth spells they should be a tank except cra/rogue:

• ecaflip, enu, sadida, iop, scarier, panda, foggernaut, huppermage

Lock:
  • We need a passive that gives tank classes a lot of lock

For my class (sadida), if you make them one of the new tank classes:

• Blocker doll = the tank
  • Sadida has to shield the blocker doll with at least 8AP-10AP of armor to tank bosses
  • Blocker doll would be unique and you could use wild grass to keep them rooted (but wild grass needs cooldown removed maybe).

Sacrier:

• Are they going to be a tank class only or best at tank, damage, and positioning? Best class in wakfu?

1 -17
Score : 2272

PLEASE! Please please please please!
Now that you're reworking Sacrier, PLEASE, praying to the twelve Gods, give Sacrier a cool battle stance, and please do somehow keep the multi-hands visual effect!

I will make offerings to the Goddess Sacrier on the meanwhile.

3 -1
Score : 7790

First, I would like to see that a sacrier has enough options for a full range DD/ positioner (I like the air branch, but only this branch at the moment) and for a melee tank/beserk. For a range DD a start would be more spells with a higher range (and range modifiable).

To tank classes, I don't like the concept of Iop, Foggernaut and Huppermage being a tank, I don't think it fits their role, but I think Foggernaut can be a good supp for a tank with some buffs only for allies if they are next to a Foggernaut Blockade.

The best classes for tanking should be Feca(Tank,Supp), Sacrier(Tank, Positioner,DD), Pandawa (Tank, Positioner,DD), Sadida (Tank,Supp,Healer) and eventually Enu (Tank, DD).

More options for other tank classes like Leather Plating must be implemented, there is no other way to give other classes a chance in the competition with fecas. Eventually only give this tank classes Leather Plating too. Than some classes need more lock to tank as good as a feca.
And the last big point, tank must have options to position their target, this means...
-Pandawas can throw all bosses except 3x3 bosses
-Sacrier have options to exchange their position with some bosses, eventually a buff to make this more easy.
-Sadida have K'mir, I'm not shure if this is enough.
-Enu: No idea yet.

@Neneko: You mentioned Ecaflip, I don't think they need a tank branch for bosses, I like the full concept of this class and their roles Healer, DD, Supp, Off-Tank are enough. No need for full tank.

1 -2
Score : 13022
jgtf|2017-02-08 18:47:51
PLEASE! Please please please please!
Now that you're reworking Sacrier, PLEASE, praying to the twelve Gods, give Sacrier a cool battle stance, and please do somehow keep the multi-hands visual effect!

I will make offerings to the Goddess Sacrier on the meanwhile.
This one hopefully. Or a new one, it's lazy that they just stand like osamodas

Enceladon|2017-02-08 18:49:56

@Neneko: You mentioned Ecaflip, I don't think they need a tank branch for bosses, I like the full concept of this class and their roles Healer, DD, Supp, Off-Tank are enough. No need for full tank.
It's ok for us to like roles but dungeons now don't care about what we like. They require these roles. Either that or ask Dy7 for different type of dungeons.
3 -4
Score : 3528
Tell us what you think about it and write down your suggestions about "Tanking" mechanics and the Sacrier class in the comment section below. We will gladly read them!

Tanking mechanics eh?
*More class synergy would be fun: Osa teaches Iop "how to Feca" [video link].

Honestly tho, the problem I have with "tanking" in Wakfu, is that it's a boring aspect of the game and
makes fights just take longer.

Look at end game content to see what I mean.

IE: MVP's of late game content, are the "walls" holding feca's in place so they can tank bosses, while the
rest of their team actually (play the game) clear out the room of enemies.

Croc:
Feca + Wall + Teleport = win.

Koko:
Feca + Teleport = win.

Karnivore:
Feca + Teleport = win.

Kannibal:
Feca + Wall + Teleport = win.

ect, ect...

~~~

Classes are limited by dungeon design.
*You could have 100x well designed tank classes, perfectly balanced for PvE and PvP.. but still have only 2 or 3
that people actually play late game, due to content restrictions.

IE: Only 2 or 3 can actually "do" their job, in dungeons that require tanks.

tl;dr
My suggestion for tank mechanics, is to focus more on interesting dungeon and creature designs, so tanks
can do more than just "hold up the wall".
4 0
Score : 7790
Neneko88|2017-02-08 18:50:06

Enceladon|2017-02-08 18:49:56

It's ok for us to like roles but dungeons now don't care about what we like. They require these roles. Either that or ask Dy7 for different type of dungeons.
5 classes out of 17 are a good enough rate to have every time a tank.
0 -1
Score : 8500

If you make changes to tanking... consider Pandawa too. I hate the idea of pandawa trying to face tank bosses, since it basically prevents them from using any of their mobility or positioning tools... (which sucks and is boring Dx).

Xillor-The-Shadow|2017-02-01 19:56:03
I think they should do something different with Pandawa tanking... I don't really like the idea of them being a face tank the same way sacrier and feca are. I'd like to see them do something like what the Dofus Pandawa does, which is to say that I want to see the Pandawasta summon in Wakfu.

It might be a pretty ridiculous change at first but I think it would be pretty nice... imagine it almost like the Sram's double, but more of a tank.

Here's my idea for it... I think it would be pretty cool to make Pandawa more of a summoning tank, since they can continue to position enemies around the map as well as maybe throwing monsters to the Pandawasta itself.

For those who don't know, the Pandawasta is an old Pandawa that balances on a barrel.

Spirit Bond: 4 AP (1 - 5 Range -- non-modifiable) -- Linear only 6 turn cooldown (Must be cast on one of the pandawa's barrels)

--> Replaces the barrel with the summon "Pandawasta"

Pandawasta
50% of the Pandawa's HP
6 AP, 5 MP
Has the same base resists as the Pandawa, but +1 resist per Lv of the Pandawa
Has the same base Lock and Dodge as the Pandawa, but +1 lock/dodge per Lv of the Pandawa
Is controlled by the Pandawa
There can only be 1 Pandawasta at a time

Spells:

Prime of Life (0 Range)
1 turn CD
Costs 2 AP
--> Gives the Pandawasta +2 MP, dodges 1 time for free

Mass Charm (0 Range)
Costs 2 AP
No limit
--> Pulls all enemies within 3 cells in all linear directions to the Pandawasta

Bamboo Strike (1 Range)
Costs 2 AP
1 turn CD
--> The target is given +2% critical fails (2 turns)
--> The target loses 2 MP

Drunkard (0 Range)
Costs 2 AP
1 turn CD
--> Is given an HP armor of 10 (Earth) Base per Dizzy Stack of the Pandawasta (uses the Pandawa's mastery)
--> Heals itself for 1% of missing HP per Dizzy Stack of the Pandawasta
--> Consumes half of it's own Dizzy Stacks (rounded down)

Then suddenly the pandawa can do its normal stuff while the Pandawasta tanks a boss. Of course one would need to change their build around a little bit to build more lock/dodge and still be pretty tanky so the Pandawasta gets more tank stats.

The Pandawa would also need to frequently throw dizzy stacks on the Pandawasta (by either putting a barrel nearby/behind the wasta or using Milk Fountain to do it without damaging him) so that he could continue to heal himself and armor.

Also, this would make Milk Wave more useful as an ability to heal the Wasta when his HP gets super low

ALSO I'd like to point out that this would give the Pandawa some actual ways to utilize the thrown effects of spells like Milk Breath, Lactic Acid, and Explosive Flask to a greater degree when tossing the Pandawasta somewhere.

That being said it would leave the Pandawa itself to be pretty beefy and survive running around so close to hard hitting mobs.

This, by the way, is EXACTLY what Pandawa does in Dofus and it's part of the reason why Pandawa is such a unique "tank" in that game... because they can position stuff and weaken enemies while the Pandawasta holds down a boss.

0 0
Score : 5865

Osamodas rework's only being wanted because of how powerful it is on PvP, however we still haven't a decent PvP system on Wakfu so I totally disagree reworking it without giving more love to other classes on PvE.

0 0
Score : 11837
Neneko88|2017-02-08 18:26:50
Thank you, we need as many tank classes as possible, it makes a better community.

If a class has earth spells they should be a tank except cra/rogue:

• ecaflip, enu, sadida, iop, scarier, panda, foggernaut, huppermage

Lock:
  • We need a passive that gives tank classes a lot of lock

For my class (sadida), if you make them one of the new tank classes:

• Blocker doll = the tank
  • Sadida has to shield the blocker doll with at least 8AP-10AP of armor to tank bosses
  • Blocker doll would be unique and you could use wild grass to keep them rooted (but wild grass needs cooldown removed maybe).

Sacrier:

• Are they going to be a tank class only or best at tank, damage, and positioning? Best class in wakfu?
ye lets do that for sadis and make them truely unbeatable in pvp...
1 0
Score : 3811

Making Eca a tank.. lol. Please. Don't be silly.

But for real, they should define what it means to be a main tank (a tank that can independently tank endgame content) and a off-tank (a tank that can handle endgame content with support from another character), and decide which classes should be fulfilling which roles (Enu,Sadi,Iop being off-tanks, with Fogger, Feca, Sac and Panda being main tanks using blockades/glyphs/coagulation/barrel respectively).

Also you're simultaneously asking for Sadida to be buffed (when they're already a strong class) while also expressing concern that they're going to buff Sacriers to make them the best at everything.. what's the matter? Don't want someone muscling in on Sadida's territory?

3 0
Markzs|2017-02-08 19:16:32
Osamodas rework's only being wanted because of how powerful it is on PvP, however we still haven't a decent PvP system on Wakfu so I totally disagree reworking it without giving more love to other classes on PvE.
er... they're not overpowered in PvP. They are however, CRAZY good healers with amazing positioning. If we're gonna rework any class based on their PvP exploit it's Sadida.
0 0
Score : 2363

Osa and Rogue were voted more in need of revamp than Hupper...

Really?

0 0
Aqualad|2017-02-08 20:33:37

Really?
Yes. Yes they are in need of a rework more than Hupper lol...

I think most people would prefer to have their old favorite classes that were kind of left in the dust (osa and rogue) rather than a boring, crappy class that nobody plays (hupper). sad 
0 0
Score : 2363
Xillor-The-Shadow|2017-02-08 20:34:32

Really?

I think most people would prefer to have their old favorite classes that were kind of left in the dust (osa and rogue) rather than a boring, crappy class that nobody plays (hupper). sad

That's the thing: Rogue and Osa may want revamps, but Hupper needs one. Rogue and Osa are both much more serviceable, easier to play, and easier to gear.
0 0
Score : 2838
Markzs|2017-02-08 19:16:32
osamdoas rework's only wanted because they never finished revamping them the last time.
0 0
Score : 68
Aqualad|2017-02-08 20:38:36
Xillor-The-Shadow|2017-02-08 20:34:32

Really?

That's the thing: Rogue and Osa may want revamps, but Hupper needs one. Rogue and Osa are both much more serviceable, easier to play, and easier to gear.
Hupper needs a revamp more imo, they have some OP mechanics (wall in particular). But they're so inefficient that it's almost just always better getting another DD.

Also tons of Sacrier Mains it's almost unfair guys.
0 0

Here, I have a new idea for the new tank Sacrier

Sanguine Heart - (Passive)
The Sacrier takes 30% reduced damage,
--> 100% of the reduced damage is stored in the Sacrier's "Sanguine Heart"

If the Sacrier's Sanguine Heart contains damage,
--> At the start of their turn,
--> The Sacrier is hurt for half the stored damage (indirect)
--> The damage taken is removed from the Sanguine Heart
(This leaves half of the damage from the previous turn still in the Sanguine Heart)
(Also, the remaining damage stored carries over from turn to turn so it could potentially build up)

This passive would basically allow the sacrier to slow their bleeding by only taking 70% of their damage up front, and 30% of the rest of their damage over time instead.

It would also be cool to design other sacrier aspects around this concept. Like, say for example..

Cage Of Blood
If cast on oneself,
--> The sacrier is healed for 50% of the stored damage in the Sanguine Heart
--> Consumes 50% of the stored damage

or...

Punishment
--> Adds 100% of the stored damage in the Sanguine Heart to this attack
--> Consumes 100% of the stored damage
--> The Sacrier loses 10% of their current HP

4 0
Score : 11877

Asking what we think about tanks seems like such a hollow gesture because it's a topic that comes up on the forums time and time again so it's something you should already know. It's a question you should already have an abundance of answers to and plenty of feedback about.

In the same way that showing a unlabelled pie chart for people to "guess" about to keep them in suspense seems completely tone deaf when it's for important balance changes that people have been crying out for for 1year+. I am however reasonably happy with the results from it.

Anyway...

Feca is indisputably the best tank because it has a much better toolset. It's capable of permanently locking down 5MP bosses and it's capable of positioning unpushable bosses effectively and it can reliably MP chip. Other tank classes can't do that so if you wanted to bring an alternative tank then for some bosses you'd need to bring other characters to support them... meaning you need 2-3 characters working together to accomplish what Feca can do singlehandedly. That's an extra level of difficulty and complexity for basically zero benefit, because the Feca option is always more efficient.

In theory Sacrier offers tanking + damage, but specializing for tanking kills you damage output so in practice it doesn't really work. Specializing for tanking doesn't diminish your ability to give out buffs however, and through those buffs Feca can end contributing more to the team's damage output than a Sacrier would (whilst also giving other beneficial effects too).

And Feca is overall the most durable tank too. And the invulerabilities let Feca ignore special boss mechanics or save teammates from imminent death.

Also a lot of Feca's special tools kinda override game mechanics. Instead of giving people armour, Feca can make people invincible so they would survive even 10 billion damage. Instead of giving people a dodge boost it gives unlockable so they could dodge even 10 billion lock. Feca provocation is -20mp, so normal MP chip loses effectiveness on high MP enemies but provocation straight up immobilizes enemies even if they had a lot of MP. So I just think tools like this are always going to scale better in the endgame.

I don't think you need 5 or more tanks in your game (3 or maybe 4 viable tanks should be fine) but I do think alternative tanks do need to have some advantages over each other. Currently Feca is the best tank for everything - some bosses it's the best tank by a big margin, some bosses it's the best tank by a smaller margin but in every scenario it's your best option. And part of the problem here is that feca is too effective at it's job.

Suggestion (just going for the simplest brute force option here, so I accept it might have unfortunate side effects elsewhere)
Feca teleportation only teleports themself. Drop cooldown to 1 turn normally. Remove Temporal Flux passive and give some buff enhancing passive instead.
Feca leather plating no longer increase enemy movement costs when locked, instead it does the old "enemies take increase damage, deal less damage to allies" effect.
Increase range on tonic glyph. Make meteor into a non-LOS spell.

Move the increased enemy movement costs onto Sacrier when multiarm is active. Switch multiarm lvl1 to activating at 60% HP instead of 40%. Reduce multiarm damage bonus.
Lower costs on lightspeed or give sacs a cheap disengage move so they can break lock so they can position enemies more effectively.

Effect
Feca loses it's ability to position bosses efficiently and can't lock down 5MP bosses for free, but it has increased buffing abilities and remains the most durable tank. It will need positioning support now but I still think it would be a good option for maximizing your tank's durability or for maximizing your team's damage output.

Sac can now lock 5MP bosses without needing MP chip, but they have to manage their HP carefully. Multiarm is active when below 60% HP, so if they get healed slightly too much they could lose it and a boss would become mobile again. Better mobility would help sac be able to position bosses without support.

For panda, what about giving them range chip whilst generating shields?

I think this would give tanks distinct strengths and weaknesses.
Feca would be the most durable and bring good support/buffing abilities. But it would need positioning support.
Sac would be the best locker and bring positioning abilities. But it would need careful HP management.
Panda I haven't really thought about in detail but I think there's an available niche for debuffing bosses rather than buffing allies.

I also think this makes endgame bosses more dangerous in general (and arguably more skill based than gear based). Currently when you have a good organized team most endgame bosses are just buckets of HP that you park next to a wall and use for target practice whilst they flail impotently at a nigh invulnerable tank. With my suggestion then if you mismanaged MP chip whilst using a Feca tank then the boss might escape and you might have difficulty respositioning them. Or if you were using a sac tank and you mismanaged your HP a boss might escape and do some damage.

0 0
Score : 508

I'm very happy the Sac's are getting the revamp although i Main an Osa. A friend of mine who has nearly all the classes at 200 mentioned that just handing out Leather Plating is a quick fix to allow others to tank.

If Trank had a self-stab he'd be a decent tank.

0 0
Respond to this thread