Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Update 1.50: Test the Beta now!

By $[Sabi] - ADMINISTRATOR - November 17, 2016, 17:00:00
DevTracker Announcements
Reactions 66
Score : 4275
SSBKewkky|2016-11-20 20:20:27
Chloe, the issue is that with the limitations, it's not efficient. Why spend twice as long in a fight with enemies 2x as strong as usual for 1.5x the droprate, when you can do two fights against normal enemies for 1x the droprate each (basically amounting to 2x the droprate)? The reason HC versions are so popular is because the drop rates are higher. If the time to complete a dungeon increases exponentially, and at a faster rate than the chances of dropping an item, wouldn't you agree that it wouldn't be worth the trouble?

Not only that, but since you're telling us not to use Master level as an example, why are YOU using it to compliment the update? You get 45% drop rate instead of 12.5% in normal. But how long do you think the fights will take? DEFINITELY FAR LONGER than 4x, and the difficulty will be unbelievable too due to enemies' damage output, which means we'll fail many times before even winning once, if ever (considering that Master is impossible on purpose). If you use a Fanged Cards droprate instead and calculate the new droprate (base 0.004%), it'll only increase to about 0.0364%. Still supremely low, and absolutely not worthwhile. The drop rate needs to be increased across all levels.

Speaking of increased drop rates, need I remind you that Difficulty 20 is going to basically replace HC, but instead of droprates multiplied by 2 like in current HC, the droprate will be multiplied by 1.5x in Difficulty 20? Look at the graph in your post on the beta forums and see for yourself.

Honestly, the fact that the devs are wanting to do a "leaderboard" for dungeons is limiting the potential of this update. In my opinion, the leaderboards should just be a separate instance, or only apply to a group within the dungeon's level range, instead of limiting use of the update to ONLY people who utilize ALS to lower their levels. Everyone should have the ability to try Master level Vertox, regardless of level. As itis, content is being created with no expectations of ever being used. Why would someone ever attempt it, if only for a single moment of "lol our party got oneturned the first turn lolol"? It'd be a waste of time. That doesn't sound like a good use of development time.

Also, the ALS has a lot of levels to choose from, but you only have access to 3 characteristics pages unless you purchase more on the boutique, at 1.3k ogrines a piece (iirc). A party of players who want to try the leaderboards for every dungeon level range will have to spend over 13k ogrines per character just to participate in this update. This is bad design choice for an F2P game, creating content that those who pay are the only ones who can experience it to the fullest.
Although alittle mis info. Like current HC doubling all drops which it doesn't. Just some of them like frags and 1-3 equips unlike the new increase all drops. But, it's not true that you need a certain build to complete this with ALS, if it scaled even remotely properly. Then all you'll need is gear since characteristics would just scale back. Hc being popular was more the non-normal gear that dropped in it.

I basically agree with the main point of the post, any content that is made with that ideology in mind is pointless.

Players should be rewarded adequately for participating in such content( 6x hp could literally translate into 6x as long). Saying don't use content is silly. I don't want everyone to just clear it, but I do want it to be accessible. So many may participate.
0 0
Score : 2489
Hearttyace|2016-11-20 20:35:29
SSBKewkky|2016-11-20 20:20:27
Chloe, the issue is that with the limitations, it's not efficient. Why spend twice as long in a fight with enemies 2x as strong as usual for 1.5x the droprate, when you can do two fights against normal enemies for 1x the droprate each (basically amounting to 2x the droprate)? The reason HC versions are so popular is because the drop rates are higher. If the time to complete a dungeon increases exponentially, and at a faster rate than the chances of dropping an item, wouldn't you agree that it wouldn't be worth the trouble?

Not only that, but since you're telling us not to use Master level as an example, why are YOU using it to compliment the update? You get 45% drop rate instead of 12.5% in normal. But how long do you think the fights will take? DEFINITELY FAR LONGER than 4x, and the difficulty will be unbelievable too due to enemies' damage output, which means we'll fail many times before even winning once, if ever (considering that Master is impossible on purpose). If you use a Fanged Cards droprate instead and calculate the new droprate (base 0.004%), it'll only increase to about 0.0364%. Still supremely low, and absolutely not worthwhile. The drop rate needs to be increased across all levels.

Speaking of increased drop rates, need I remind you that Difficulty 20 is going to basically replace HC, but instead of droprates multiplied by 2 like in current HC, the droprate will be multiplied by 1.5x in Difficulty 20? Look at the graph in your post on the beta forums and see for yourself.

Honestly, the fact that the devs are wanting to do a "leaderboard" for dungeons is limiting the potential of this update. In my opinion, the leaderboards should just be a separate instance, or only apply to a group within the dungeon's level range, instead of limiting use of the update to ONLY people who utilize ALS to lower their levels. Everyone should have the ability to try Master level Vertox, regardless of level. As itis, content is being created with no expectations of ever being used. Why would someone ever attempt it, if only for a single moment of "lol our party got oneturned the first turn lolol"? It'd be a waste of time. That doesn't sound like a good use of development time.

Also, the ALS has a lot of levels to choose from, but you only have access to 3 characteristics pages unless you purchase more on the boutique, at 1.3k ogrines a piece (iirc). A party of players who want to try the leaderboards for every dungeon level range will have to spend over 13k ogrines per character just to participate in this update. This is bad design choice for an F2P game, creating content that those who pay are the only ones who can experience it to the fullest.
Although alittle mis info. Like current HC doubling all drops which it doesn't. Just some of them like frags and 1-3 equips unlike the new increase all drops. But, it's not true that you need a certain build to complete this with ALS, if it scaled even remotely properly. Then all you'll need is gear since characteristics would just scale back. Hc being popular was more the non-normal gear that dropped in it.

I basically agree with the main point of the post, any content that is made with that ideology in mind is pointless.

Players should be rewarded adequately for participating in such content( 6x hp could literally translate into 6x as long). Saying don't use content is silly. I don't want everyone to just clear it, but I do want it to be accessible. So many may participate.
This is what i said, i see ppl saying stasis 50 is create to be impossible, if they said they will balance the mechanics (like lil changes how dif normal from hardcore at this time), of all dungeons, and not only the mobs statuses, the stasis 50 will be a real true hell, and why, WHY spend resources on a impossible instance of dungeon? to a few ppl who spend ogrines TRY out? get an achievment or even a title to show off, we could have the same minds thinking in new system or fix bugs. Oh nice, 6.5x more hp and 4.5x more damage to kill you, and think about the heals are % of max hp of mobs? Or even a heal like ppl said already.

It's like, the mobs don't get heal resists, but we do, why? And don't come to me and say, u're talking too much to a unfinished system, we are talking about the system, cause will be too late we speak out our minds when it was already finished. Can u see the Feca problem? Some dungeons seems to be planned to an epecif class to be WANTED. i want dungeons that requires a tank, not a dungeon or an UB that requires a specif class.

Feca can hold, push, pull, teleport, take ap/mp, give ap, damage, armor, range, 2 imunity, block like hell.
But lets see the iop, just can jump with cooldown, only get shield/lock with cooldown, can push but not pull, oh, it can damage, yes, and can't do a good sup, but can give ap while have 2WP, and can give damage while have mp/wp with 2 turns cooldown.
And the list goes on.

If a Dungeon is lvl 50, a group lvl 50 should have at least 80% of chance to be sucefull, if are balanced (with tank, sup, healer, dd roles), +/- if they don't do a lot of mistakes, but when u bring this stasis system, we think: "this system is to give a chance to make things harder, and give better drop rates to who can beat it) using the same exemple, a lvl 50 dungeon, in 50 stasis, should be like a lvl 100 dungeon, how can u guys think is acceptable, a lvl 50 group go to a lvl 100 dungeon and try out the chances? to only have 3.2~3.4x more drops?

If they say, the lvl 50 + 50 stasis, can only enter if the group is maximum 100, i can say, ok, now i understand, and it's acceptable. And if u say, u only get the achievments if u are lvl 50, i accept too, if something is planned to be impossible, be it. Something on wakfu seems like that. Try any high lvl dungeon without a tanker, or a feca, and u will se what is impossible.

Finish ur problems, create a Feca and beat it all, but the beauty of Wakfu is the 15 classes, soon 16, why have one or another best in all matters? When Eni was the only healer, was bad, and now we can have a lot of sups, why not turn all roles like that?

How i said already, make easy normal and hardcore to all dungeons, lets the players experiment it, focus in other things, after that, if u want, put like expert mode, and focus on a new thing, after that, if u think need, master, master II, but why spend resources, time, and efforts, to something to a few, when everyone says the game is empty day after day? Do u think will hold player base offering achievments in a planed to be impossibel mode? 
0 0
Score : 2450

@EarthMinion
You can do the content, it's just difficulties 21 and above that are locked to players of that level range.

@SSBKewkky
That's correct but only to some extent because there are more benefits to it than just higher drop change. You get as well more xp and more transmutations/more tries at dropping the boss resource.

That's not completely true. Take for example Xelorium Present, mobs gain 1 item and 1 other item as well as the frags double in drop rate. As for the boss, the drop rate on items doubles in HC but not that of the resources.

Now the question remains whether or not HC drops will be added to the drop rate of all modes or if they'll be added to the loot table at a certain difficulty.

Also only 8 dungeons (iirc) have a HC version so that point is moot in any case.

Everyone should have the ability to try Master level Vertox, regardless of level. As itis, content is being created with no expectations of ever being used. Why would someone ever attempt it, if only for a single moment of "lol our party got oneturned the first turn lolol"? It'd be a waste of time. That doesn't sound like a good use of development time.
And basically kill whatever value low level relics/boss resources had because HL teams can do Master difficulty of dungeons easily.

@Rimali
Why should a player want to run a difficulty which needs more than four times as much effort and multiplies the chance of the item he wants by ~2.75, if he might easily finish three runs of the normal version in the same time?
You're basically complaining about the existence of a difficulty that you're not forced into. Those who like the challenge, those who don't like repetition, those who use PP pots and can run these dungeons will benefit from this.

Also if you're after stuff like boss mats then you have a higher chance dropping more in Master than doing 3 Normal in a row because you have more tries at boss resources.

@Anderson
This is what i said, i see ppl saying stasis 50 is create to be impossible, if they said they will balance the mechanics (like lil changes how dif normal from hardcore at this time), of all dungeons, and not only the mobs statuses, the stasis 50 will be a real true hell, and why, WHY spend resources on a impossible instance of dungeon?
Because if we had at most 30 difficulties then people will beat it and demand for more/complaing. People will find ways to defeat the higher difficulties in dungeons and slowly move up until they can challenge the highest but for that it'll take a lot of time.

It's like, the mobs don't get heal resists, but we do, why? And don't come to me and say, u're talking too much to a unfinished system, we are talking about the system, cause will be too late we speak out our minds when it was already finished. Can u see the Feca problem? Some dungeons seems to be planned to an epecif class to be WANTED. i want dungeons that requires a tank, not a dungeon or an UB that requires a specif class.
The only other real tank in the game is Sacrier and it's more of an issue with the class rather than just a dungeon issue. There are so many ways to make any class work in dungeons, it's just that people prefer going for the easy usual way out than bother trying new stuff.

But lets see the iop, just can jump with cooldown, only get shield/lock with cooldown, can push but not pull, oh, it can damage, yes, and can't do a good sup, but can give ap while have 2WP, and can give damage while have mp/wp with 2 turns cooldown.
Iop is not a tank....

How i said already, make easy normal and hardcore to all dungeons
Dude... you should try things before talking because this is basically the thing that will be available as the norm and on top of it as well the higher difficulties for those at the level range.

Also please, don't talk about resources put into the making of features because you're more likelier to be completely wrong making it just a nonsensical point to bring up.
0 0
Score : 137

how about fixing the pletoria of bugs we have today? its been 1 week that i cant play the game

0 0
Score : 1687

I'm curious what is going to happen to normal and hardcore tokens we can obtain from dungeons now. Are we going to get normal tokens when running dungeons with 1-10 stasis, and hardcore ones at 11+? What about difficulty of 50?

0 0
Score : 16

no server available . . .

0 0

Hello everyone,

Here's a little message from WAKFU's producer, BadZ:

We are glad you see the energy we're putting into the game and I can tell you that at the moment, the team are working hard to prepare a nice update for the end of the year.

I have also heard your comments on the further development of core features of the game, for example ecology, political and nation systems. As we are currently preparing the calendar for 2017, there will be news on that side!

It may even be that Ogrest rears his ugly face... but no spoils for now! We will have the opportunity to talk about it in the future!

Respond to this thread