FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Update 1.50: Test the Beta now!

By $[Sabi] - ADMINISTRATOR - November 17, 2016, 17:00:00
DevTracker Announcements
Reactions 66
Score : 577

I hope this whole "Stasis" feature is something that has been through some more thought about its in-game application compared to ALS. While the idea seems alright (you can unlock harder versions of the dungeons just by playing them), it might fail to appeal/be accessible to more than the 0.01% of the community that isn't super rich and cannot buy any gear full runed etc...
Considering that this will completely remove all the HC-versions on any dungeon...this might go horribly wrong considering the "balance" that we had for a bit with such dungeons. Also, the lvl restrictions for the dungeons are already pretty effed up...I hope it's not something linked to the ALS, because that would just be forcing people to buy pages to even have a chance to get those in-game achievs/content that those difficulties might offer as a reward.

About the key-less thing, I can see pros and cons as many have stated already. Removing the requirement for keys is indeed a good feature (at least for me, I don't have a super stable connection); it solves plenty of issues/nuisances about having keys/farming keys/crafting keys...too bad that with the removal of keys Handyman is probably gonna be a pain to lvlup (unless crafting those low level runes is gonna be as-easy and doable as it was for keys).

What about transforming keys to some big craft (that still uses animal drops of the selected dungeon). That key can open a new special room in each dungeon that brings you to a "secret-boss" for that dungeon (like Tofulix?), or maybe it gets you to an arena, and from a "pool" of new bosses (with certain lvl ranges: might be 10-45; 45-60...don't know) you get to face 1 randomly-selected boss from such pool. You can have all kinds of crazy fights, linked with achievs/rewards for beating such bosses...and maybe also add some random super rare bosses to the pool to spice things up...I don't know...a man can dream xD

In the end...still no solution for the "disappearing items bug"...which is sad...and if this update will go online before fixing that bug...it's gonna bring plenty more issues with it, I can feel it.

0 0
Score : 16178
Dy7|2016-11-18 22:50:10
SSBKewkky|2016-11-18 08:23:59
From what I understood, HC as we know it will disappear. Instead, the only way to access HC dungeons will be by us deleveling ourselves.

Without reducing your level, you will access to Stasis 1 ('easy' mode) to 20 (approximatively 'hardcore' mode).

And it's applied to all dungeon of the game, instead of only few ones.
This is a huge load off my mind, Dy7. Thank you.

Part of me still wants to tackle Stasis 50 Vertox with my level 190+ characters, but I can understand why, with all the extra drop chances, you want to limit that.
0 -1
Score : 1199

As long as "stasis 20" brings with it the HC mechanics and the potential for full relic drops, I'm okay with this change.

In most HC dungeons, the increased stats of the monsters aren't the real issue, it's the changes in dungeon mechanics. I'll be interested to see how much harder stasis 30 is than 20, and so on.

0 0
Score : 2485

Do u real think +6.5x hp, and 4.5x damage is good enough to +3x drop IF u must been at dungeon lvl range?

Do u think will do any chall, or be cool? Lets see just a picture, and u all say what think about this, ok?

U should try ur chances on beta before say anything
0 0
Score : 3896
AndersonMenezes|2016-11-19 14:22:34
Do u real think +6.5x hp, and 4.5x damage is good enough to +3x drop IF u must been at dungeon lvl range?

Do u think will do any chall, or be cool? Lets see just a picture, and u all say what think about this, ok?

The level 50 Stasis was designed to be impossible. It's on purpose. If it was possible, they would increase again the difficulty. It's the whole time maximum so it's not made to be reachable, that's why you have so many other difficulty levels to try !
0 0
Chloe-la-guerisseuse|2016-11-19 14:38:07

The level 50 Stasis was designed to be impossible. It's on purpose. If it was possible, they would increase again the difficulty. It's the whole time maximum so it's not made to be reachable, that's why you have so many other difficulty levels to try !
Seems impossible even if u're 200 with full runed equipments. So they will create achievments to be impossible to get? or make a true hell to get 1? if every dungeon has this achievments, ppl will spend years to get them all

So i figure out why the system is going on, it's to we have something to do after all XD
0 0
Score : 2431
AndersonMenezes|2016-11-19 16:50:05
Seems impossible even if u're 200 with full runed equipments. So they will create achievments to be impossible to get? or make a true hell to get 1? if every dungeon has this achievments, ppl will spend years to get them all

So i figure out why the system is going on, it's to we have something to do after all XD
The point is that it's impossible no matter what. It doesn't matter if you're 200 fully runed or not, the same goes for the other dungeons. That's exactly what they are aiming at. And Dy7 added 2 important things yesterday on Discord:
  • There aren't yet all the buffs that are supposed to be added to the different difficulties (21/31/41) so the dungeons will get even harder.
  • It's impossible... yet.
So yeah, better not make assumptions when there's still more to come.
0 0
Kruzy99|2016-11-19 17:13:41
AndersonMenezes|2016-11-19 16:50:05

The point is that it's impossible no matter what. It doesn't matter if you're 200 fully runed or not, the same goes for the other dungeons. That's exactly what they are aiming at. And Dy7 added 2 important things yesterday on Discord:
  • There aren't yet all the buffs that are supposed to be added to the different difficulties (21/31/41) so the dungeons will get even harder.
  • It's impossible... yet.
So yeah, better not make assumptions when there's still more to come.
The big problem is... why spend resources and hours to make a system like that, if have a lot of systems to work on? Take the keys, change Handyman, put easy/normal/hard mode in all dgs, and while ppl try it out, fix on bugs, on craft system, in pvp balance, gvg AND nxn systems.

What is the idea to give us more drops after a hard work, if a bug can happen and take off all u did get already? Why Ankama don't make a pool in all servers/comunity offering things to focus, and we PLAYERS, choose? After that they take 2017 to focus on this. We are who play this game, why we can't choose what they can put in the efforts?

U guys will say, but French Comunity will win cause they are more important, but if they put the same pool in dif comunities, they can see what are we looking for, why is so hard to see we want to be heard, and sometimes we don't feel like that. I know the creative team bring new ideas and new system to Wakfu feel alive, and keeping in change, but let's try hear the players for once? If u want we can answer a single pool, they can always put new things on the table, but why not listen us?
0 0
Score : 24917

Those difficulties would be possible if we could get more then 85 resist. The damage increase is just huge for our poor resist to take. Basically every monster will be like boss itself, and few hits (if not 1) will KO you. Guess you will have to play "avoiding all dmg at all cost" game, but then i can't imagine fighting boss when even Feca will die from it if not protected by his invulnerability armors. We just dont have enough resist. I would say hp, but no, its resist that matters if the dmg scale so high. You can do math to see desired resist that would make it possible to make those master difficulties doable.

0 0
Score : 3651

Wakfu's LoC mode

But seriously lol, I wanted the game to be difficult and rewarding not just... impossible.
0 0
Score : 24917
Hearttyace|2016-11-20 02:22:15

Wakfu's LoC mode

But seriously lol, I wanted the game to be difficult and rewarding not just... impossible.
If drop rate won't scale better, the game will become difficult but not rewarding for the effort and time spend.
0 0
Score : 111
Kikuihimonji|2016-11-20 02:24:45

Wakfu's LoC mode

If drop rate won't scale better, the game will become difficult but not rewarding for the effort and time spend.
.... you choose your difficulty, from super easy baby to impossible and everything between them.
The more difficult... the more drops.... it's rewarding.
0 0
Score : 1127

Wakfu's LoC mode

True.
0 0
Score : 3651
-Ryudo-|2016-11-20 03:06:29

Wakfu's LoC mode

.... you choose your difficulty, from super easy baby to impossible and everything between them.
The more difficult... the more drops.... it's rewarding.
That right there those stats aren't 3x drops aren't rewarding.

You'd need some very great achievement rewards to compensate. 6x HP 4.5k Damage. Psykokos will destory you and kokoleric will out heal majority of the damage dealt. I'd be cool with the difficulty if i was getting rewarded.
0 0

Hello,

You should stop judging on Master 50 because it is designed to be impossible. You're taking the whole time maximum ! We have 50 levels of difficulty, try the real ones ! 1 is easy, 11 is normal and 20 is the equivalent of hardcore. Try those ones already.

Don't base your judgment on something MEANT to be impossible. As Dy7 said : "if it was possible, we would increase the difficulty."

Everyone is trying that difficulty just to have fun because the numbers are crazy. But no, we won't play in Master 50 ! I advise you to try other difficulty levels before judging anything.

As for the drops, it is rewarding. The more difficult it is, the more drops you get ! I don't know the exact ratio for bonus/1 level stasis.
But for a master 50 (which is impossible) : Each character of the team has a 364% increase of his drop chances (and it goes above the cap), then you also have 4 tries on the Boss' resource (I think we get one more every 10 levels of Stasis) ! This is huge.
Let's take the example of Black Monkey hair

: 5% base +150pp = 12.5% to which we add 364% (with 50 stasis) the whole coming to 45% drop chance.

I think this is completely rewarding ! You can see the complete bonuses here : Click here
I have to try on some real doable levels. I will do it next week because I don't have the time for now.
0 0
Score : 223

it's for future maybe

1.new gear for lvl 200 coming or more in future

2. dofus working on lvl 200+ prestige level (maybe wakfu too?)

3.none

0 0
Score : 2334
Chloe-la-guerisseuse|2016-11-20 09:11:34
Hello,

You should stop judging on Master 50 because it is designed to be impossible. You're taking the whole time maximum ! We have 50 levels of difficulty, try the real ones ! 1 is easy, 11 is normal and 20 is the equivalent of hardcore. Try those ones already.

Don't base your judgment on something MEANT to be impossible. As Dy7 said : "if it was possible, we would increase the difficulty."

Everyone is trying that difficulty just to have fun because the numbers are crazy. But no, we won't play in Master 50 ! I advise you to try other difficulty levels before judging anything.

As for the drops, it is rewarding. The more difficult it is, the more drops you get ! I don't know the exact ratio for bonus/1 level stasis.
But for a master 50 (which is impossible) : Each character of the team has a 364% increase of his drop chances (and it goes above the cap), then you also have 4 tries on the Boss' resource (I think we get one more every 10 levels of Stasis) ! This is huge.
Let's take the example of Black Monkey hair
: 5% base +150pp = 12.5% to which we add 364% (with 50 stasis) the whole coming to 45% drop chance.

I think this is completely rewarding ! You can see the complete bonuses here : Click here
I have to try on some real doable levels. I will do it next week because I don't have the time for now.
For me its more about being forced to level down. I wouldn't mind high difficulty if we could still play with our endgame builds. We put so much effort into gearing and runeing end game and what for? So that we can never play lower level content without being forced to abandon all the hard work we've done and play as a crappy weak version of yourselves. Its just not something I find remotely enjoyable.
0 0
Score : 17827

Chloe, the issue is that with the limitations, it's not efficient. Why spend twice as long in a fight with enemies 2x as strong as usual for 1.5x the droprate, when you can do two fights against normal enemies for 1x the droprate each (basically amounting to 2x the droprate)? The reason HC versions are so popular is because the drop rates are higher. If the time to complete a dungeon increases exponentially, and at a faster rate than the chances of dropping an item, wouldn't you agree that it wouldn't be worth the trouble?

Not only that, but since you're telling us not to use Master level as an example, why are YOU using it to compliment the update? You get 45% drop rate instead of 12.5% in normal. But how long do you think the fights will take? DEFINITELY FAR LONGER than 4x, and the difficulty will be unbelievable too due to enemies' damage output, which means we'll fail many times before even winning once, if ever (considering that Master is impossible on purpose). If you use a Fanged Cards droprate instead and calculate the new droprate (base 0.004%), it'll only increase to about 0.0364%. Still supremely low, and absolutely not worthwhile. The drop rate needs to be increased across all levels.

Speaking of increased drop rates, need I remind you that Difficulty 20 is going to basically replace HC, but instead of droprates multiplied by 2 like in current HC, the droprate will be multiplied by 1.5x in Difficulty 20? Look at the graph in your post on the beta forums and see for yourself.

Honestly, the fact that the devs are wanting to do a "leaderboard" for dungeons is limiting the potential of this update. In my opinion, the leaderboards should just be a separate instance, or only apply to a group within the dungeon's level range, instead of limiting use of the update to ONLY people who utilize ALS to lower their levels. Everyone should have the ability to try Master level Vertox, regardless of level. As itis, content is being created with no expectations of ever being used. Why would someone ever attempt it, if only for a single moment of "lol our party got oneturned the first turn lolol"? It'd be a waste of time. That doesn't sound like a good use of development time.

Also, the ALS has a lot of levels to choose from, but you only have access to 3 characteristics pages unless you purchase more on the boutique, at 1.3k ogrines a piece (iirc). A party of players who want to try the leaderboards for every dungeon level range will have to spend over 13k ogrines per character just to participate in this update. This is bad design choice for an F2P game, creating content that those who pay are the only ones who can experience it to the fullest.

0 0
Score : 1958
Chloe-la-guerisseuse|2016-11-20 09:11:34
I think this is completely rewarding !
I beg to differ. Let's take an opportunistic perspective:
To kill an enemy with 4x HP you'll need to deal ~4x as much damage than in the normal version. Thanks to increased enemy damage, you'll also spend more of your resources, potential damage, for survival and the chance to lose a fight is higher.
  • Why should a player want to run a difficulty which needs more than four times as much effort and multiplies the chance of the item he wants by ~2.75, if he might easily finish three runs of the normal version in the same time?
  • Without keys,one might easily rush through the version of the dungeon with the best rewards per time rate several times. If you're interested in Boss Resources, a high Stasis is rewarding, but otherwise?
0 0
SSBKewkky|2016-11-20 20:20:27
Not only that, but since you're telling us not to use Master level as an example, why are YOU using it to compliment the update?
As I said in my post, I had no time to try out something else. I wanted to answer showing real numbers and since that's all I could try, I used it.
0 0
Respond to this thread