FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Booster Packs: Prices and News!

By $[Sabi] - ADMINISTRATOR - July 08, 2014, 00:35:52
DevTracker
Reactions 69
Score : 12924

I wonder how the f2p people that don't like this want ankama to make money..
or maybe they want ankama to not make money?

I prefer that than for them to sell every insignia with 23,000 ogrine packs 

0 0
Score : 1272

That's certainly such a wonderful idea and I see no way how it could horribly backfire on the game, especially on the availability of people to play in the newest areas, considering how many people are still playing! Those unwashed masses of the freeloaders shouldn't complain either, they will only have to wait one month to access the new content, and we know you're always on the clock releasing new updates!

Thank you Ankama, for giving so much value to our subscri-- ahem, Booster Packs, and I'm completely sure these Mystery Boxes will make the deal even sweeter. Heck, I don't even care we are about to lose a payment method, and for many of us the only working method (Ultimate Game Card) since we both agree credit cards are evil and we should ask Ecaflip whether or not we should accept a transaction with them. All those icky F2Pers won't be able to join us in the new content~

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

That was all sarcasm, by the way. rolleyes
0 0
Score : 3

ahahahah this is basically a subscription again ? access to the latest area/update.
Stop lying to us and say us what you really want, because here, this is basically the same as a subscription...

0 0
Score : 1750

But in french forum eskarina give tomorrow server internetional pass at new economic server ! is right? tomorrow?

0 0
Score : 2

I am sure I will end up using my sub money to buy origins now

0 0
Score : 13925
Fakae|2014-07-08 16:09:57
OMG folks, stop complaining!
For those who already pay, nothing will really change except that we get more drops on rare ocasions.

We do not get more drops on rare occasions than before. We simply get more than F2P.

Ankama couldn't have handled this transition to F2P worse if they tried. They *unintentionally* give us inaccurate 'official' information that seems to be continually changing. Players have made decisions based on those statements Ankama. Give us more consideration PLEASE.

The game is indeed not F2P without restrictions. There are clear restrictions and this new island access is another one.

You want... correction, you need to take some free advise Ankama... Put all players AND SERVERS on a level playing field to start. Same cost to play, same exp, same drops, same access. Players that spend their money get bonuses above that. I guarantee you everyone will be much happier. Not only that, but it'll make coding this nightmare you've created even easier.

Promising the international community one thing and going back on it because Aerafal screams at you sets a horrible precedence. How on earth are you going to add any beneficial items and make any boutique sales without upsetting Aerafel again?

2 0
Score : 711

We are not complaining because free players have access to more stuff. We are not complaining that, as paid players, nothing has changed for us.

We are complaining about the constant shady tactics this company uses. They lie to our faces, give us half truths, or simply just have no idea what they are talking about.

The game launched as Free to Play back in 2012, and all you had access to was Ashtrub, and the Tutorial. That was not Free to Play. Now we get a relaunch, that changes the already Free to Play game, to Free to Play, but its still a subscription model, and WAS, and STILL IS NOT, Free to Play.

I am very happy free players can no do more, I hope this brings new life to the dieing communities, I am not happy however, to once again deal with Ankama and their lies.

I've said it before, and I will say it again. The lack of players is not because of problems with the game, even tho there are tons. The reason no one is playing is because no one can stomach the company, and their constant shady, unethical business practices.

1 0
Score : 2830

yep, that other post was right, ankama strikes back again... now they are making the game P2W and slightly changing their P2P strategy while their fake F2P remains... greediest company ever... im sure the objetive of all this mess ankama is doing is remove the subsciption rewards, those pp candies were allowing us to drop some gear, and thats something ankama cant allow, so how to remove em without us ragging? well, looks like they found a way... but we will rage anyways sleep 

0 0
Score : 33

You guys are very boring ...
I still can not understand why complain about F2P, and they will release virtually ALL the maps ..
Yes, you need new maps not available, but it seems you do not read the news that is for a SHORT TIME!

Now, ask yourself the following. A Player who pay nothing can be as strong as one that pays?

The answer is now new! Before there was no way, but now there is!

0 0
Score : 2380

2 friends got all hyped about the f2p mode, but when they heard that the new content is p2w licked, it killed their boner, nice try Ankama. "WakfuF2Pbutnotreally.com"

0 0
Score : 2819
OdinSmith|2014-07-08 20:12:07
You guys are very boring ...
I still can not understand why complain about F2P, and they will release virtually ALL the maps ..
Yes, you need new maps not available, but it seems you do not read the news that is for a SHORT TIME!

Now, ask yourself the following. A Player who pay nothing can be as strong as one that pays?

The answer is now new! Before there was no way, but now there is!
Not complaining about F2P, F2P is really nice to have and I'm glad to get it.

We are complaining about the fact that Ankama has blatantly lied about what is going to happen with being F2P.
Most notably the fact that they said nothing would be sacrificed for Wakfu to become subscription free, and yet they go and sacrifice the exp output from monsters.

Unless something is incorrect with translations, but as things stand, Idk who runs PR in Ankama, but they kinda f**ked up hard on this one.
0 0
Score : 640

And the ones that do not buy the "subscription" but waste lots of money in costumes, sidekicks, and all the fluffy stuff in the store, that is not considered supporting the game ??

I'm asking because normally its in this that I like to spend money, pets, costumes, the sidekicks also seems a nice way to waste money, but on top of all this I must pay a subscrition, simply suxs.

Not sure if was already confirmed if they mean the new areas of the game to be locked or the beta server, but I have to agree with many of the people here one thing is pay a boost for the XP and more drops, I can deal with that, but locking the access to some areas because we didn't bought a boost doesn't seem true f2p, is more like p2p.

0 0
Score : 12924
pilagr|2014-07-08 22:10:58
And the ones that do not buy the "subscription" but waste lots of money in costumes, sidekicks, and all the fluffy stuff in the store, that is not considered supporting the game ??
I don't think they do
they just buy that with kamas in the game

who would spend $20 on a sidekick when they can buy it for 80,000 kamas on the markeboard.

I don't think ankama can depend on people to never pay a subscription and "maybe buy insignias" from boutique.
0 0
pilagr|2014-07-08 22:10:58

I'm asking because normally its in this that I like to spend money, pets, costumes, the sidekicks also seems a nice way to waste money, but on top of all this I must pay a subscrition, simply suxs.

This^ is a very good point.

Ankama is saying by supporting Wakfu through the purchase of costumes or sidelicks you still don't deserve the same exp, drops, and content as the subscribers. In a true F2P game this isn't the case.

Again. The goal should be to have all players equal. If players want more exp or drops and Ankama wants more money... sell players things to increase it. Don't reduce F2P access and try to pass it off as premium boosts to subscribers. You're not fooling anyone Ankama and you're annoying the F2P player base at the same time.

I do know why Ankama has done this. Because of their French P2P server. By having the international community be equal and letting subs or players buy boosts to drops or exp we'd be getting more than the French players. These players could leave for F2P servers or rage quit. Their voice is stronger and louder than ours. You can't have it both ways Ankama. Whoever decided to choose Aerafal over the international community made a mistake. Accept this now and start fixing it before it's too late.

This game is not F2P. It's a fact. Do not argue semantics please.

Neneko88|2014-07-08 22:28:19
who would spend $20 on a sidekick when they can buy it for 80,000 kamas on the markeboard.

I don't think ankama can depend on people to never pay a subscription and "maybe buy insignias" from boutique.

But that's F2P.
0 0
Score : 4961
Neneko88|2014-07-08 22:28:19
Someone already paid its money to Ankama before put it market. biggrin

So there can be 2 ways;

Way 1- Whole game is free, boutique have costumes, pets and pet accessories, decorations, potions, sidekicks, haven world blueprints.

*People who dont want pay money can play game for free, can buy boutique items from other players with kamas.

*People who want to pay money can play whole game, can buy things from boutique, can sell them to other players for kamas.

Way 2- Newest area is only for subscribed people, boutique have costumes, pets and pet accessories, decorations, potions, sidekicks, haven world blueprints.

*People who dont want pay money just cant play newest update, can buy boutique items from other players with kamas, MUST buy newest items from other players with huge price or MUST wait until next update. (1-2 months)

*People who want pay money can play whole game, can buy things from boutique, can sell them to other players for kamas, can drop newest items, can collect newest resources, can sell them to others for huge prices.

Unfortunately Ankamas choice is 2nd one. sleep

Note: I think xp boost for subscribed people is not a problem. If you dont want give money, you can play game a bit slower.
0 0
Score : 3288

Any entrenched fan base sees and change as bad. if the devs offered fly you to the beach and feed you cake you some of you will be pissed as you eat the cake.

0 0
Score : 2819

I'm not really wanting to pay any money towards "bonuses" after the actions Ankama took towards "informing" us of this new system.

Not only that, but being a 2year+ subscriber and seeing that I only stand at the same position when premium in a F2P system makes it feel insignificant and insulting. I'd rather pay for a 15% bonus to current exp than a 30% bonus to reduced exp.

I would be happy to pay for a bonus. I dont want to pay for a step ladder to get me back where I started.

Bring on the F2P, ill take it, I'm just saying that the options Ankama took towards informing us and how it was handled just mean I wont be playing as a Premium member unless something changes.

0 0
Gynrei|2014-07-08 22:49:16
Don't reduce F2P access and try to pass it off as premium boosts to subscribers. You're not fooling anyone Ankama and you're annoying the F2P player base at the same time.

I'm sorry, I have to quote myself. I've made a mistake.

Ankama ARE fooling some of us and that's the problem. That's why some of us are upset. We are watching some players buying subs or spending money only for them to find out they mistaken. They are being mislead by Ankama. Whether intentional or not.
0 0
Score : 2486

QUESTION: If u have to choose in what server u will gain your subscription, what happens with who had already sub? If i have 3 months, when go premium will be in all servers, and after that i will have to choose, will be random, or u will have a algoritm rule to choose the server?

I can see ppl locked in some server which don't plays XD

BTW: Will u guys sell SUPPORT on boutique? i would be glad to buy an couple of answers on my tickets with 65 days old.

0 0
Score : 2380

if they add "answers to support tickets" to the boutique, Ankama would make a fortune!

1 0
Respond to this thread