FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Booster Packs: Prices and News!

By $[Sabi] - ADMINISTRATOR - July 08, 2014, 00:35:52
DevTracker
Reactions 69
Score : 3288

Mystery box! I hope there are rusty bits of mettle in it I do like them. or a shark with a gun.

0 0
Score : 19168

I like the idea of limiting the newest areas of each update to just the subscribers. Should keep the f2p rabble out for about a month or two, so the loyal players can enjoy themselves in peace, drop some stuff, sell it to the f2p, and progress without endless clear-cutting and crowding.

It's a good tactic to squeeze a subscription fee out of the most curious f2p as well, should you release something they simply find they must access instantly.

I'm curious as to whats gonna come out of the Mystery Boxes. And I hope we still get the PP/Wis candy and Pet and such with the packs. Or at least something equivalent.

3 -3
Score : 9050

Somehow, I'm glad with it, particularly with new f2p restrictions.

But can we please get a normal payment method, not just ogrines? Wakfu shop is so broken already, some countries simply aren't supported properly, let's not make it more complicated than it already is?

I'm using paypal, if I'll be forced to use OG, it will take twice more time: buy OG, then buy a booster pack. It -already- annoys me. YwY

0 -1
Score : 7902
TommyTrouble|2014-07-08 05:47:44
I like the idea of limiting the newest areas of each update to just the subscribers.
Im kinda worried about the BIG updates that come around once or twice a year that literally impact half of the game. If astrub gets reworked, will that cut f2p players off from astrub? What about crafting, classes, or changes to experience. 'Update' is very open to interpretation as to what it could lock f2p players out of.
If its just the area or beta server, thats probably okay. It'll be similar to early access to foggernauts etc.
0 0
Score : 6248

To be fair, it's still quite the stepback when there is no mention of pets/candies/haven-gems being mentioned tossed into the purchase.

Unless they're now all part of the mystery box!

0 0
Score : 4819

This is great Sabi, its nice to see p2p get access to the latest island. And no, this isn't sarcasm tongue

Its a very fair reason for players to sub

0 -1
Score : 2380

just adopt EXACTLY what WAPAC does, they are doing it right, this still seems shit.

0 0
Score : -11

/unistalling ggwp see u in lol

u r rly fast deleting posts, nice work

0 -1
Score : 861

good price for booster packs.

i have 4 accounts and i buy ever the 6€ Subscriptions.

good Idea the Ogrines more interesting to make

but,

what is with the subscription rewards?.

to example the pets from the 6 Month Subscription
can i the pets with Ogrines buy? or are these avaible in the Boosterpacks?

Sry for my bad english, My Country is Germany

0 0
Score : 1956
kemierdesesta|2014-07-08 10:09:20

u r rly fast deleting posts, nice work
The forum doesn't let you double post. If you try to post twice in a row, it adds your second post to your first one.
0 0
Score : 19168
Soundtrack8|2014-07-08 06:40:41
I like the idea of limiting the newest areas of each update to just the subscribers.
Im kinda worried about the BIG updates that come around once or twice a year that literally impact half of the game. If astrub gets reworked, will that cut f2p players off from astrub? What about crafting, classes, or changes to experience. 'Update' is very open to interpretation as to what it could lock f2p players out of.
If its just the area or beta server, thats probably okay. It'll be similar to early access to foggernauts etc.
TBH I just expect it to limit new areas, like Srambad would be offf limits now, and then on the 24th it would be available, as the game releases Enurado.

It would be too impossible if they made it Nations Areas.... but I could see possibly a new Dungeon in the Nation being inaccessible until something new is released in the following month or two.

Crafting/Xp and such, I'm sure that will all be shared between f2p and p2p at the same time. Imagine the unnecessary horror on Ankama's part, trying to disentangle 2 simultaneous crafting systems, just for the sake of f2p lagging behind by 1 update! I don't see deep mechanics ever being a part of that. Just the newest areas is all.
0 -2
Score : 230

So the first post you informed us about there being no restrictions for F2P. And here you are saying that 30+ days booster pack unlocks the latest new area. That means that we've had false information and the game will be partly P2P.

0 0
Score : 3690
f2p rabble
I love it when people who essentially want to be f2p through kama/ogrine exchange treat "normal" f2ps like unwashed animals. Hypocrisy at its finest. c;
5 -2
Score : 6719

Wait, so the game isn't f2p? So I have to constantly buy booster packs to access any future islands? Sabi please explain.huh

-waterRizarealmfire 

0 0
Score : 4961

Welcome to Wakfu p2w.
So if you pay money, you can drop newest items, you can collect newest resources, and you can be rich.

0 0
Score : 6719
Celay01|2014-07-08 13:59:56
Welcome to Wakfu p2w.
So if you pay money, you can drop newest items, you can collect newest resources, and you can be rich.
I knew it!!! Quote from Wakfu Strikes back thread:

"I can't believe that this is an update with no drawbacks. I wait to see.....

-waterRizarealmfire "

Wakfu struck alright, at our hearts and pockets!!!angry

-waterRizarealmfire 
0 0
Score : 33

Guys .. you have to remember that by putting the Wakfu in Free Mode, they should profit from something, it is not a charity game.
To me it is great to release the game and put a "special bonus" for those who want to pay.

2 0
Score : 2046

boosters = subscription in terms om money

sry but you get no bonuses

everything stays the same except there will be (probably) more un-boosted players with nerfed exp/drops

0 0
Score : 1231

OMG folks, stop complaining!
For those who already pay, nothing will really change except that we get more drops on rare ocasions.
For who doesn't pay, a LOT of new content and possibilities will be opened, which means server populations will probably be a lot higher WHICH IS BETTER FOR EVERYONE (in theory).

I think the only people who have the right to be upset are those who play on multiple servers, because they might have to pay more from now on...

Wakfu is becoming pay to win? So what?! It currently is pay to play! Pay to win is an *improvement* as far as I can see 0o

Majoras

0 0
Score : 8548

It was mentioned on the ES Forums that the exclusive content means that there will be content such as islands, new classes, et cetera that the free players will have to wait a month for. So free players will still have access to class changes, drop changes, new mechanics, level cap increases, and the like. Not everything from a patch will be restricted, just certain content. Nothing is wrong with making free players wait an extra update since they are not paying and are not restricted from it for a very long time. In the short run, paying customers will have an advantage but in the long run it won't affect free players.

0 0
Respond to this thread