FR EN ES PT
Browse forums

Updater Revamp on February 3rd!

By [Sabi] - ADMINISTRATOR - January 27, 2014, 18:23:48
Devtracker News
Reactions 79
Score : 457
I'm unable to start the game. I click on the shortcut on my desktop but nothing happens. How do I fix this?
Score : 216
UberShanks|2014-02-03 17:20:52
I'm unable to start the game. I click on the shortcut on my desktop but nothing happens. How do I fix this?

A re-install should do. You should not have to uninstall first.

Ourson
Score : 457
Ourson|2014-02-03 17:35:18
UberShanks|2014-02-03 17:20:52

A re-install should do. You should not have to uninstall first.

Ourson
Thanks! It's all working now. biggrin 
Score : 29
After Update Me & my girlfriend can't run Wakfu. We click on "play" on updater, run a game window... but we have a black screen and nothing else....
My OS: Linux Mint 16 "petra" Acer Aspire One D20
Her OS: Windows 7 Ultimate Toshiba NB500

please for help
Score : 1153
[code]~/Ankama/wakfu$ ./wakfu /home/g33k/Ankama/wakfu/transition/ankama-transition-wakfu: symbol lookup error: /home/g33k/Ankama/wakfu/transition/libQtGui.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN27QEventDispatcherUNIXPrivate16initThreadWakeUpEvUpdate failed- abort[/code]Linux Ultrabook 3.2.0-58-generic #88-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 3 17:37:58 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Updater can't start after update. Reinstall game can't help.
Score : 1155
Looking how things went, I am truly affraid of next, much bigger update. If we got such outrageous crap now, what will they cook soon?
Swanson|2014-02-03 17:59:52
After Update Me & my girlfriend can't run Wakfu. We click on "play" on updater, run a game window... but we have a black screen and nothing else....
My OS: Linux Mint 16 "petra" Acer Aspire One D20
Her OS: Windows 7 Ultimate Toshiba NB500

please for help

Thank you for your report, could you please share your logs in the Technical Issues forum? Which you can find more information on how to do so : Here.

We are also compiling a list of your reported Technical Issues with the new updater so please make sure to report any in the technical issues" forum: Here. This list will then go to the team for investigation and fix as needed.
Score : 1397
Well I found two new bugs since the update went out:

1. You can no longer push enter at the "confirm login" screen to advance to the "character select" screen.
2. Quest monitor text now stays on top of all other windows, which is annoying, inventory and crafting windows opening used to obscure it. Now I have weird text on my inventory and crafting windows unless I move them else where.

Good job! You made more bugs.

Another bug:

On the inventory screen, your character will adopt a combat stance if you equip a two-handed weapon. With no weapon or one-handed weapon, your character will use their idle standing stance instead. Consistency?
Score : 321
localhost|2014-02-03 19:53:05
[code]~/Ankama/wakfu$ ./wakfu /home/g33k/Ankama/wakfu/transition/ankama-transition-wakfu: symbol lookup error: /home/g33k/Ankama/wakfu/transition/libQtGui.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN27QEventDispatcherUNIXPrivate16initThreadWakeUpEvUpdate failed- abort[/code]Linux Ultrabook 3.2.0-58-generic #88-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 3 17:37:58 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Updater can't start after update. Reinstall game can't help.

I can confirm this error on any linux system. The previous updater did download a zero-length libQtGui.so.4, this time, it's "just" the wrong version. Slight improvement, same result. No Wakfu on Linux.
Score : 19274
When do we get Alkatrool back? This was the worst Updater Revamp possible, to have taken valuable equipment like that from us.
Score : 2858
yet we still pay to play this unplayable game second job
I have a 1 week and 4 days subscription and a second day with problem. ..
Score : 236
Me too.... Before update I have no problems with game, after update game not running. pay for something that does not work .... Previously, the beta version was also this problem and I was afraid that after the update, How are turned - rightly
Score : 1155
But seriously, when will you guys fix it? We'r wasting our subs,,,
Score : 326
So, reading the rest of these posts, I'm seeing that I'm not the only one getting shafted with a broken game, then.

It only makes it worse to hear that this happened on the Beta Server, too, and was never corrected.
Windows 7 Home Basic x64 same problem. After update game not running.
Score : 201
problem ever since patch i can't equip anything
Score : 7917
mea culpas, ankamas shouting
Working installer for Windows added.
Respond to this thread