FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New Updater Transition

By $[Sabi] - ADMINISTRATOR - October 31, 2013, 10:00:00
DevTracker Announcements

Starting Tuesday November 5th, the WAKFU Updater will be transitioning from the old to the new version! Today we want tell you all about this change!

Few weeks ago we have announced that the Updater will be transitioning to a new version which we also presented in ​​a Devblog.

Some of you may have already downloaded this new version. If it is not your case, starting Tuesday November 5th, your Updater will automatically migrate to the new version when you launch it to play WAKFU.

• For Windows users: The transition is automatic at the launch of the game, the new Updater will install itself on your machine. Please note that your game and screen preferences will be lost. Please be sure to save them in another folder before Tuesday if you would like to do so.
  • For Linux and Mac users: As we have already explained, the transition will not happen automatically. When launching the Updater , you will be informed that a reinstallation is required. A "Reinstall " button will redirect you to the WAKFU download page so that you can proceed with the reinstallation. Without reinstalling, you will not be able to play WAKFU after the next Update of November 12th. Therefore you can already prepare yourself and make the transition with the updated download links, or wait for the global migration starting Tuesday November 5th!

Until then, happy gaming everyone!
First Ankama intervention
Score : 217

The new updater is now deployed across all servers and operating systems.
On Windows, the automatic migration process will be triggered when launching the old updater.

Please tell us about any issue you may have.

Ourson.

See message in context
1 0
Reactions 13
Score : 1270

Is it true this update might also clear our screenshot folders, along with all game and screen settings? I plan to make a backup of everything, but might want to update the notice if that's the case. Thanks in advance~

0 0
Score : 2140
FurmentalAlchemy|2013-10-31 20:41:27
Is it true this update might also clear our screenshot folders, along with all game and screen settings? I plan to make a backup of everything, but might want to update the notice if that's the case. Thanks in advance~
It's weird because apparently it happened to other people but all my screenshots are still here. It's just weird because my new screenshots from the new launcher are in a different folder. Where my old screenshots are in Wakfu/screenshots, my new ones are in Wakfu/game/screenshots.
0 0
Score : 1226

Talking about screenshot, would be nice if we could choose/create our own folder to save the screenshot. I don't like messing around in some places in my PC. So, this could be a way to avoid going there.

0 0
Score : 1436

Ankama, you really should fix systray icon before pushing new updater on us.

0 0
Score : 9247

^^^
It works for me.

0 0
Score : 12

i have Windows XP sistem 32 ;c after that update me can't play at wakfu ;c
Have wery slow move game. Alredy lag ;c
me wery sad of that..... me play 1 years and now mast leave game becouse that new sistem ;c
Me have mag mog set and hight LVL profesions ;c
i have 2 acounts.
at 1-st i have sacrier 127 and cra LVL 102
at 2-ond i have eni 127 and panda lvl 87 ;c
me alredy play at 2 acount and now don't know what too do ;c

i hope not me along have problem like that.

0 0
Score : 217

The new updater is now deployed across all servers and operating systems.
On Windows, the automatic migration process will be triggered when launching the old updater.

Please tell us about any issue you may have.

Ourson.

1 0
Score : 19

Currently it is impossible to add additional custom fonts (cyrillic and some others absent from the game) to gui.jar/gui/theme/fonts. With the previous version of the updater it was possible.

1 0
Score : 166

The updater doesn't seem to be doing anything different, and the game launches as per usual, but the error for servers still being locked is displayed, is something wrong?

0 0
Score : 30743
RadioBug|2013-11-05 10:02:40
The updater doesn't seem to be doing anything different, and the game launches as per usual, but the error for servers still being locked is displayed, is something wrong?

Yes, the weekly maintenance had to be extended due to an update of our gift platform.
1 0
Score : 7

So when will we be able to play again?

0 0
Score : 2

I bought something on the Shop today before the update that was finished some Minutes ago. I didn't recieved anything.

Now I logged in again and still nothing...

0 0
Score : 4277

I can't even log in - I have the black screen. I boot up the launcher, click play and all - BLACK SCREEN. Nothing goes past it, nothing loads anymore.

0 0
Respond to this thread