FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Can someone please elighten me of a torm/flax strat?

By BattleReady - MEMBER - September 25, 2018, 16:01:32

I'm a solo player with a 140 sac 140 eni and 140 sram and I have no clue how to go about this boss. I would play with others but im on nox sooooo yea lol

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 4670
Tormentor 111
The dungeon scales to your level, apart from that lets talk about how to get the boss.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

Tormentor has three phases with varying mechanics, one of the more notable being death beam. The area this beam affects changes from phase to phase, shooting in a straight line in front of Torm in phase one, front and frontal diagonals in phase two, and front, frontal diagonals and sides in phase 3, as depicted below:
In this picture we see: Spaces that shouldn’t be ended in in phase one colored red. Spaces that shouldn’t be ended in in phase two colored red and blue. Spaces that shouldn’t be ended in in phase three colored red, blue and purple.

All heals are reduced to zero in Tormentor. Alternatively due to a status called Tormented pact, all damage taken from allies is converted into heals, except reduced by half Ie/I hit an ally for 100, he takes 0 damage and heals for 50hp. The heal however will reflect full, regular damage to other allies within a wrath AoE of the person receiving the heals. As a bonus for each AP and MP used in an attack heal, the person receiving will gain 20 lock.

Tormentor gains bonuses based on the number of trash mobs taken out, however it is still preferable to kill him last.

It comes down to personal preference, but I prefer to kill Shiemahns first, as they can cast a –AP spell and increase your susceptibility to ranged damage.

As an anti-box mechanic, if all four sides of tormentor are boxed in, he will switch places with an enemy unit. Additionally tormentor cannot be carried.
Tormentor can apply a gash state, causing 10% of damage dealt to Tormentor to be inflicted onto the state bearer.

At melee range tormentor can apply the soul harvest state, granting +3MP alongside being unlockable. However if the state bearer ends with allies in wrath AoE, they will be instantly KOed. If Tormentor is in this same AoE, he will be healed for 5% of his max HP. Any mechanics in the area will also be destroyed.

PLACEMENT AND PHASE ONE:

For placement, any spot is fine and positions should be dependent on character range. Focus on clearing out trash mobs before working on boss. One thing to note with placement is nobody should begin on the tile directly in front of tormentor, as unless they have higher initiative they will be hit by the laser. Phase one continues until tormentor is at 2/3 of his max HP.

PHASE TWO:

Tormentor will gain a Tormentors Fury state, allowing his damage to increase as his HP decreases, to a maximum of +200% damage. He will also develop the ability to place pillars, which if left alive until his next turn can spawn in additional trash mobs. As such they should be cleared quickly. Phase two ends at 1/3 of Tormentors max HP.

PHASE 3:

Tormentor retains his ability to summon a pillar, except now if he is hit from any side that isn’t the back, he will be able to summon two trash mobs during his turn, thankfully this caps at two per summoning method, so Tormentor is only able to summon in a maximum of four mobs per turn. From here it’s just beat him until he dies.

For clarity on what classes as backstab: The below picture should serve as a guide for what counts:
The area classified as backstab stems out in a symmetrical pattern, the start of which is shown.

FLAXHID 125
THE REQUIREMENTS:

Be a minimum of level 125 for entry to the dungeon, however Flaxhid is a unique instance, where the dungeon monsters level and as such power, matches that of your highest party member. As it is recommended all players are around the same level and reasonably well geared. Personally I’d recommend being no less than 10 levels below your highest party member.
Be able to deal reasonable damage or provide support: Flaxhid has a unique mechanic where all heals casted by party members and allies (This includes summons, dolls and coney) are reduced to 0. This means having a dedicated healer is not an ideal situation.
A xelor while not essential is a very strong addition in Flaxhid, being able to revive fallen party members while sacrificing little damage in the process. Xelors mummification can revive party members to full as opposed to transcendence which brings members alive on 1hp, making it an ideal choice as any following heals will be rendered ineffective.

Note: As a result of the first point specific health values won’t be listed, but rather %HP Benchmarks which trigger boss phases and monster effects.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

Flaxhid has a unique mechanic in place of healing, known at the totem. The totem sits in the middle of the field and has a total HP equal to your groups total HP. The totem loses 3% of its total HP per turn and takes the same damage all players do. Upon reaching 0hp, players will instantly wipe.

Starting a new turn when a player is within 3 squares of the totem will generate a heal for 50% of a players HP and a bonus of 100% resistance. The spots this heal can be initiated from areas shown below:
From the person within this three square radius, a heal can rebound to allies two or less squares away, granting the same heal and resistance bonuses. This heal does not require line of sight, it may also be continued along the ‘chain’ with summons, however mechanics (Barrels, dials etc.) cannot be used to continue the chain, as seen below demonstrated with godly paint skills:
On the left here we see a demonstration of a heal bonus beginning at the person in green, which rebounds to his allies in blue, where it is unblocked by the purple monster. On the right we see an instance when only two additional people are healed, as the chain is discontinued as no allies are within 2 squares, only a panda barrel (Represented in grey) which cannot continue the chain.

Flaxhid himself goes through three phases, with phase one being from 100% to 66%HP, phase two being from 66% to 33%HP and phase three being from 33% to 0%HP.
Flaxhid is immune to damage except from certain positions or directions. These positions are dependent on phase and will be covered later.
Flaxhid has three major attacks, all of which are AOEs: -A lazer which is linear, pushing all allies it hits. -A three square wide AOE from flaxhid (Iop’s wrath plus one square in each direction). -A conical aoe which spaces out in the direction Flaxhid hits.
Victus mobs have a three square linear pull and powerful melee, coupled with an explosion for 25% of their max HP upon death, with a 2 square radius (Iop’s wrath AOE). Tsuubos have a one square pushback and upon being reduced to 50% HP, they place the damage dealer in a state, where they will pass a turn. This is removed upon the death of the relevant Tsuubo. Hexaxu mobs reduce final damage when attacked in from a distance of 3 squares or less along linear axis. They can also place the sacrifice state on enemies, allowing Hexaxu mobs to tank for their allies.
Throughout the fight, ending a turn facing an ally will cause you to swap positions with them. This is negated if the target is stabilised or there is no line of sight between allies.

All mobs in the Sanctuary deal AOE damage of a sort, so it is important to find a balance between totem healing and preserving the totem by spacing out to minimise damage. The pushes and pulls can also disrupt totem chains, and should be kept in mind when positioning.

Moving the boss in any way will cause him to receive stabilization and some bonus resistance during his next turn.

[*] Over the course of the fight, Flaxhids final damage will move from 30% bonus inflicted at full HP, to 50% final damage reduced at 0HP.

PLACEMENT AND PHASE ONE:

Placement in Flaxhid isn’t as important as placement in UBs and other strong content; however I would make the recommendation of placing members with the highest initiative at the front, as these spots are prone to having their occupants pulled by Victus. Placing high initiative characters here allows them to move out of the way before Victus have a chance to do so.

During phase one your primary focus should be on clearing mobs first, with Victus typically being the priority before they get into explosion range. During this phase, Flaxhid himself can only be hit on a horizontal or vertical axis, as shown below:
PHASE TWO & THREE:

Listing phase two and three together, due to only minor differences between the two. Once phase two hits, the boss can only be hit on diagonals, or within melee range, as shown below:
The same applies to phase three, with the only notable difference between the two phases being Flaxhid has an additional attack, which destroys any mechanics around the field (Barrels, dials etc.).

That’s all that is really needed to beat Flaxhid, which can be a somewhat challenging fight without the proper knowledge. Feel free to point out anything I have missed so that I can throw it in. Additionally, if there is sufficient interest I will write down some details for hardcore Flax, including mechanics and what I have found works well/doesn’t.

Notes : Originally posted by Herpaderp2 (Some time around 2015)
Sources : external links are not permitted so, just crediting Kama Society.

8 0
Score : 138

torm does damage to the units behind him too

2 0
Score : 2165

Really great guide, although I have a small fix, in the image about the backstab there's a small error, the back stab only counts 1 tile behind the target and starts expanding from there. If you hit from the tiles next to the tile behind it'll count as a side, not as back. Or at least that's what I have seen so far.

0 0
Score : 706

Thank you so much for the indepth Guide! You are my hero!

0 0
Respond to this thread