FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Pinned

[FAQ] Mentoring System

By [Flatops] - ADMINISTRATOR - November 15, 2016, 17:15:27
DevTracker

Welcome to Update 1.49: The Adjustable Level System! With the update comes as well the Mentoring System. This new system allows you to help new players by adjusting your level the same as theirs and finish quests and do achievements together. For your good deed and effort, you will be receiving Mentor tokens that you can exchange at Brutas' Tavern in Astrub.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: How can I be a Mentor?
A: To be a Mentor, you must have 1 level 51 or higher character in your account. You can be a Mentor at level 20 if you have other high leveled characters in your account.

Q: How can I be mentored?
A: To be mentored, all of your characters in your account has to be level 50 or lower.

Q: How will I know who I can mentor?
A: The icon located at the right of the character name indicates that the player is new and can be mentored.

Q: What do I need to do to acquire Mentorship Tokens?
A: Once you've found your "pupil", you would need to group up, adjust your level same as theirs, and do various activities together such as questing and running dungeons.

Being a mentor, you will acquire 1 Mentor token when your pupil
  • Levels up
  • Unlocks an Achievement
  • Completes a quest

Here are the instances where you can gain tokens while grouped:
  • If your pupil levels up and unlocks an achievement, you will get 2 Mentor tokens.
  • If your pupil levels up and completes a quest, you will get 2 Mentor tokens.
  • If your pupil unlocks an achievement and completes a quest, you will get 1 Mentor token.
  • If your pupil levels up, unlocks and achievement, and completes a quest, you will get 2 Mentor tokens.

A note, Mentors can only receive tokens every 15 minutes, so time your activity wisely.

Q: What kind of quests are valid so I can gain tokens?

A: All quests (collect, environmental etc.) are valid to gain tokens.

Q: What kind of achievements are valid so I can gain tokens?
A: All achievements are valid to gain tokens.

Q: What's the level range needed to acquire tokens?
A: The maximum level difference is 14 levels. For example your pupil is level 25, you can adjust your level to either level 20 (if you like the challenge!) and level 35.

Q: How will I know if I received a Mentor token?
A: You will be notified in chat that you have received a Mentor token.

Q: Where can I exchange my token for cool rewards?
A: Visit Brutas' Tavern in Astrub (position x=7, y=0), and interact with the Mentor Machine to get your hands on rewards such as emotes, decors, equipments, titles, and exclusive Mentor costume and harness!

Q: Will there be situations where I can receive both Modulox and Mentorship tokens?
A:
  • If you finish a dungeon of the correct level range with your adjusted level plus the associated quest active, you will gain a Modulox token
  • If you group up with a new player and he gains a level of acquired a dungeon achievement, you will also gain a Mentor token.

Reactions 8
Score : 5113

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks Flatops!

0 0
Score : 8870

How many pupils you can have at a time? If more than one, will the rewards change? I've seen couples and friends starting playing at the same time, and this system, if it doesn't provide more rewards for more pupils, would be a little discouraging since a mentor would want to group up with only one lowbie at a time.

0 0
Score : 5113
Seguchi-sama|2016-11-16 13:56:47
How many pupils you can have at a time? If more than one, will the rewards change? I've seen couples and friends starting playing at the same time, and this system, if it doesn't provide more rewards for more pupils, would be a little discouraging since a mentor would want to group up with only one lowbie at a time.

You can group up with any number of new players (with the icon), but you'll still receive only 1 token per activity for every 15 minutes. It's kinda frustrating since I'm used to lower my level and make a group full of new players to help them and earn tokens, but I'm cool with it because at the end I'm helping and teaching about the game for 5 new players and that's fantastic!

New post:
Does anyone have gifs showing both emotes we can acquire with Mentor Tokens?

Update:
They are not worthy, trust me.
1 0
Score : 18093

"Exclusive Items" is a BS term for you guys, just saying. You basically say if you do this thing, you will get items you can't get anywhere else, that will never be available again outside this one thing.

However, you said that the Tofu pet would be "Exclusive" as well. And it isn't.

I think it's stupid to have a system like this in which you offer a "reward" as a way to get people to do what you want them to do. Chances are, whatever the rewards wind up being over the course of the entirety of this system, they will either be stupid or they will be available for purchase in the boutique at some undisclosed time later.

You don't need an effing system in order to help people. People are greedy af if they only help people because of this system.

Godspeed, y'all.

1 -2
Score : 8895

About that 15 minute restriction...
Does it mean:
"once every 15 minutes per pupil"

"once every 15 minutes per different kind of gain (quest, level)"

"or 15 minutes in general"
not caring if i switch pupils or my pupil gains 1 level in one fight and completes a quest in the next fight?

0 0
Score : 99

0 0
Score : 99

Gimonfu|2017-05-30 18:43:15
About that 15 minute restriction...
Does it mean:
"once every 15 minutes per pupil"

"once every 15 minutes per different kind of gain (quest, level)"

"or 15 minutes in general"
not caring if i switch pupils or my pupil gains 1 level in one fight and completes a quest in the next fight?

Please someone answer this 

and also:
does it takes an exagerated amount of hours to get enough tokens for the costume and harness? Because "tokens every 15 minutes" doesn't sound too good, I mean, even if we get 3 tokens every 15 minutes it would take like 100 hours to get just the the harness, 66 h to get the costume and a loooot to get the remaining rewards.

Did I miscalculate it or is it really that tedious?
0 0
Score : 8895

Your math is slightly off.
3 tokens every 15 min would mean 12 tokens/hour, there for 25 hours for the harness (300/12) and 16,6 hours for the costume.

But is still is VERY tedious and that is excactly the reason why i have only seen TWO Mentor costumes so far and they are wearing it as their default, cause it is THAT kind of feat.
A way to speed it up might be to be with several Pupils at once in a fight. Though the timing would have to be perfect.

Completing a dungeon achievement with them + the exp from boss fight could gain you 2x5 tokens at once, although ONLY if no one levels up the fight before and therefor dumps you into the 15 minute cooldown, which would make you "loose" ALL tokens you could get from boss fight.

Just another reason why no one mentor people THIS way...

Helping with envi quests might be the most reliable way to go and the occasionally pull of a pupil through cats dungeon.

1 0
Respond to this thread