FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Build] Mono's Earth/Water CC Eliotrope!

By IVTea - MEMBER - April 17, 2016, 09:34:34

Hey everyone it has been a long while! I'm Mono the guy who made that Air/Earth build like 2 years ago and I am back with a new Build so put on your seat belts and turn on that grill cuz we 'bout to cook up some wieners! (This particular Build is for those who are level 175 or beyond so be aware for those of you who are lower)

Gear: For this build you gotta slap on the same sneakers tanks generally wear! No need for control and you'll see why later!

Stats

Intelligence: Nothing fancy but here are the two ways I recommend doing this. First is the way I am doing it currently or you can skip out of % Hp to Armor and dump that into % Hp. That would allow you to hit zerk a lot quicker and give you more health against classes that ignore Armor.

Strength: Now for strength I have two suggestions as well! One is to stat Single target and Damage and the other is to stat Melee and Damage. Now here is why: Sometimes it isn't always favorable to be fighting someone close up, sometimes I find myself kiting or just having to attack with portals overall. The meat of my spells are Single target so that would help when you aren't in CC. For preference however I went with Melee damage. Keep note because this is nice to know: Single Target and Close Combat secondaries actually do benefit the Armor you get from the spell Barrier.

Agility: Now for this I suggest stating Initiative (though with tanky gear you won't be getting any significant amount of initiative so it's up to you). In PVP while going first doesn't necessarily determine the winner it is however ALWAYS AN ADVANTAGE. Afterwards you can either stat purely Lock or Dodge+Lock. AP and MP Removal/Resistance are okay but I honestly don't like them really, IMO don't touch em.

Chance: As you noticed I didn't stat critical at all. Personally I dumped it all into block. What to do with those leftover points after you cap block? I suggest 3 different paths. First path is what I did, putting everything into Zerk damage. Second path is to dump everything into Damage from behind, this is excellent with the spell Flooding as it is 3 ap for a heal as well as a backstab if conditions are met. Third is to pour everything into critical resistance and rest into Resistance from behind.

Major: Now this is where I got a bit fancy and hear me out. AP, Control, Final Damage, and Reduction. This build is 12/4 and believe it or not I don't need that MP ever. With this Control stated you get more damage than you would have gotten from MP and access to all your Portals despite not having any control from gear.

With how portals work now including time breach, pulsation, etc. You can honestly hit targets from practically anywhere. (resistances below are In-Battle, Calm state)

SPELL DECK:

Earth Spells!

Deafening Target: A great CC spell that makes targets limp like a noodle! -2 mp per hit (potentially) in order to help keep them as close to you as possible. (Does not work with portals)

Hiding: An amazing spell that damages and heals you at the same time. I do not recommend using this spell unless you are behind armour or are about to return to your Calm state. You be the judge on the timing. (Works with Portals)

Clash: WHOA BABY WHAT A SPELL! Once you are zerked this spell HURTS and it just gets stronger and stronger the lower your health is. Save this spell for mid - late game. It really applies pressure! (Works with Portals)

Water Spells!

Wakmeha: This spell is fantastic and is my main damage spell early game during my Exalt states. Ignores armour, can remove AP???? What is not to love! Ho baby! (Works with Portals)

Flood: This spell is absolutely amazing and I mean it. For 3 ap you can not only heal yourself for a great amount but you can swap places with targets. Did I mention you don't need line of sight?!!??! This spell is excellent for also setting up backstab. (Does not work with portals)

Pulsation: Man they really did an amazing job with this spell! Target a tile with this spell and you will move the closest portal to that spot! This will not work if there is a VISIBLE target in that tile and will instead just do damage. (Works with Portals, WOOO!!!)

Barrier: You see this spell here? You see that base damage? All of those possible effects?! Slow down before you get excited because this spell has many flaws so please time it properly before you spend the 7AP to cast this thing.

First off, the damage and armor do not happen right away. They will trigger at the beginning of your NEXT turn. So enemies will get the heads up to "RUN!"

Second, if you are stable by the time the spell is supposed to trigger nothing happens. AT ALL!

Third, any target in the center of that barrier will be swapped places with you. So don't be a Iop and just cast it without thinking. Note: if target is stable in the center of that barrier you will not swap with them but they will take the damage and you still get your armor.

Despite the flaws of this spell it is actually still very good you just have to think about it. As a CC elio you do have little plays that are very helpful to using it. First off is deafening target! Remove mp to limit their movement. Unless they are Rogue or Masq they will more than likely not be get far via Dodging. You can also stablize targets with Incandescence in order to prevent them from using teleports/movement spells to get away.

I highly recommend using this spell as the armor as spell as protection it can grant you is great! The damage is really just a plus and is generally a bit difficult to get off unless you are in PVE. (Does not work with Portals, god can you imagine though?)

Active Spells!

As you can tell I am using literally all of them. They are way too good to pass up! I wish I had more slots honestly because Eliotrope have such amazing spells.

Portal: Spell is straight forward but now we can cast PORTALS THROUGH PORTALS! Whoa! Right?! Now top that up with Pulsation! You can essentially reach ANY TARGET! Nothing is too far for you!

Exaltation: Focus your Chakra and prepare your strongest Ninjitsu! In this state you will lose a good chunk of Resistance however you gain a great chunk of power! All of your damage spells now eat up 1 WP per cast and gain 20% Final Damage. If you have 0 WP your spells still work they just don't get that 20% bonus.

Time Breach: Whoa baby baby! Remember this Spell? Now it cost a WP sure but what is WP to this class anyways? We gain it back easy-peezy! The spell now has no line of sight needed and don't forget you can teleport to ANY friendly portals with it or target an ally and move them to the portal closest to them (Within 6 tiles of them)

Prevention: With this spell we can res ourselves and allies! Please time this accordingly as people CAN possibly still kill you even after you res if you decide to use it while your health is too low. With a tanky build though you honestly should be okay if you are in the calm state. (Works with Portals!)

Incandescence: OH MAN! THIS SPELL IS BROKEN! SO GET THIS, IT GIVES THIS THING CALLED CRACKED THAT- What? It doesn't do that anymore? Oh right right! Okay so it isn't as broken as it used to be man is this spell still amazing. For 1 ap you can deal amazing damage to an enemy and also...get this...STABILIZE THEM! WHOAAAAAAAAAAAA! Targets who are stable cannot use portals as well! (Works with Portals, great for kiting as well as just keeping peoples dirty lil hands off your things)

Passives!

Carnage: There aren't too many passives that support Close Combat eliotropes so we miss out on a lot of damage. This can help alleviate that problem. Yes it's true we will heal ourselves less but with a sturdy body compared to our ranged cousins you shouldn't have to worry too much.

Inhalation: As I said before going first is always an advantage in PVP! If your opponent is faster than you though this gives you extra damage when you smack them around. How dare you outspeed me! SKREEEEEEE (Can be swapped out for Enthusiasm)

Resilience: Th-this is the greatest...passive....e-ever... Not really but this passive is amazing! -100 resistances to enemies that start adjacent to you! Incurable?! Aw man aw man! This really helps us make up for our lack of melee passives!

Rage: GRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! This passive really helps you push buttons when you reach 50% health or less. +1 AP and MP when you hit that Zerk and even 240% Berzerk Damage!

Effervescence: This turns your Exalt spell into a free spell! Everytime you cast exalt you also get 20% Final damage! That means even when you cast it to Calm down! Whoa baby!

TAKE CARE AND GO OUT THERE AND KICK SOME BUTT! 
6 -1
Reactions 17
Score : 1362

WE DEM BOYZ

0 0
Score : 3904

Curious, do you find movement any issue running around with only 4mp? Being able to cast portal directly under yourself alleviates that but I wonder how annoying that could get against things that kite really well.

~Kouett

0 0
Score : 4174
Wareen-Peace|2016-04-18 13:54:36
Curious, do you find movement any issue running around with only 4mp? Being able to cast portal directly under yourself alleviates that but I wonder how annoying that could get against things that kite really well.

~Kouett
Believe it or not I hardly have any issue ever and that is mainly due to Pulsation. Once you get a couple portals out the map is your range! Even as a CC Elio I still should make use of my portals when being in Melee isn't an option after all.

With a tanky body I don't have to worry much about being a sitting duck and with Time Breach you can home in on kiting targets every other turn, stable them, and cut mp.

In PVE however this build can be a bit awkward since my main source of damage is from Zerk. If I had chosen the Backstab route that'd be another story.
1 0
Score : 2346

Gr8 guide m8 just as i expected!

0 0
Score : 3904

Oh have you thought of trying the Transistory backstab with super flood thing? I had an idea that would probably work a CC elio where you tag the person from the front to get the passive (plus the bonus flood damage), port to their back and then spam your super powerful flood.

~Kouett

0 0
Score : 2346
Wareen-Peace|2016-04-18 16:37:30
Oh have you thought of trying the Transistory backstab with super flood thing? I had an idea that would probably work a CC elio where you tag the person from the front to get the passive (plus the bonus flood damage), port to their back and then spam your super powerful flood.

~Kouett
I tried that backstab elio but our low dodge makes it hard
0 0
ISoulKillerI|2016-04-18 16:49:49

~Kouett
Our dodge really is a problem especially if you chose tank gear which doesn't generally offer much dodge.

Thankfully we have spells that help us avoid
being locked.

Also funny thing: Ardent Aegis triggers enthusiasms Backstab bonus state as log as they took damage from the front and were 3or more tiles away. Essentially triggers it off turns so you have it active on your upcoming turn.
1 0
Score : 719

I seee you tongue 

0 0
Amonyx|2016-04-19 04:58:31
I seee you tongue
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
1 0
Score : 41
IVTea|2016-04-19 03:35:23
ISoulKillerI|2016-04-18 16:49:49

~Kouett
Our dodge really is a problem especially if you chose tank gear which doesn't generally offer much dodge.

Thankfully we have spells that help us avoid
being locked.

Also funny thing: Ardent Aegis triggers enthusiasms Backstab bonus state as log as they took damage from the front and were 3or more tiles away. Essentially triggers it off turns so you have it active on your upcoming turn.
yeah, not gonna lie. Ardent, while useless for actual damage, is perfect if you're carrying enthusiasm. The only reason I use it in my deck. As pure range elio, I kinda don't bother with flood or barrier unless i'm in pvp. pve, I go full damage. And I cannot figure out how to make the passives for transitory work on flood someone help plz
Oh, uh, air water filiana elio thing.
0 0

Welcome, Filli! Glad to have you here. tongue 

1 0
Score : 193
amii-nyan|2016-04-19 06:59:22
And I cannot figure out how to make the passives for transitory work on flood someone help plz

Have a portal between you and your flood target (afaik gotta be in line), go rage mode, hit with 150% flood dmg, enjoy! smile 
0 0
Score : 11
IVTea|2016-04-18 15:08:34

~Kouett
Believe it or not I hardly have any issue ever and that is mainly due to Pulsation. Once you get a couple portals out the map is your range! Even as a CC Elio I still should make use of my portals when being in Melee isn't an option after all.

With a tanky body I don't have to worry much about being a sitting duck and with Time Breach you can home in on kiting targets every other turn, stable them, and cut mp.

In PVE however this build can be a bit awkward since my main source of damage is from Zerk. If I had chosen the Backstab route that'd be another story.

Could this build be taken into pve as well as some sort of alternative to a traditional tank? we were looking into the possibility of "alternative tanks" since I don't like the traditional sac and feca tank builds.

If not as a tank, do you have any thoughts on a close combat eliotrope regarding a potential build for it?

thanks in advance
0 0
donkeypunches|2016-04-19 15:22:27
IVTea|2016-04-18 15:08:34

~Kouett

Could this build be taken into pve as well as some sort of alternative to a traditional tank? we were looking into the possibility of "alternative tanks" since I don't like the traditional sac and feca tank builds.

If not as a tank, do you have any thoughts on a close combat eliotrope regarding a potential build for it?

thanks in advance
Of course! For PVE you will be a bit awkward and lacking compared to traditional tanks like Feca and Sacrier and without Zerk your damage will be lacking. You could however swap to less tanky gear and focus more on power. Just make sure to get enemies to start their turn on you so they can lose 100 resistances! Because that is what really makes you dish out damage.

Again, Melee eliotropes aren't really supported that well passive wise besides Resilience. Cataclysm is very lacking as it suffers the same way Barrier does.

So this in general is a bit awkward of a build. While it does perform well in PVP that's...sort of it. Melee eliotropes are just lacking in PVE. :c
1 0
Score : 41
hugoegon|2016-04-19 11:55:30
amii-nyan|2016-04-19 06:59:22
And I cannot figure out how to make the passives for transitory work on flood someone help plz

Have a portal between you and your flood target (afaik gotta be in line), go rage mode, hit with 150% flood dmg, enjoy! smile
Bless yer ever loving soul. I'd assume the plus 2 ap works the same way, requiring a portal between? And is it an ally switched with that gets ap, or is it the elio doing the switching that gets the ap?
0 0
Score : 2

Mono awesome guide! Question tho, for a lvl 120-130 elio should i follow this guide or your old one? thanks in advance

0 0
Score : 39

what about the combo, i have 9 ap eliotrope

0 0
Respond to this thread