By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Outdated Guide as of 1.56] Kewkky's Fire/Water Sram Spell Deck Guide! (Updated: 17MAY2017)

By SSBKewkky - MEMBER - July 10, 2015, 03:44:04

(The following two links are 100% obsolete versions for the curious)
Kewkky's Fire/Water Sram Guide
Kewkky's New Fire/Water Sram Guide

1. Introduction
2. Characteristics
3. Reviews of Spells, Actives, and Passives
4. The Actual Spell Decks
5. Combos
6. Equips
7. Miscellaneous

1. Introduction:

Hello to all again (for the 3rd time, this is my 3rd guide now... Too many changes happen too often)! I'm Kewkky, a lv200 Fire/Water Sram from the Nox server. Been playing Sram pretty much exclusively since beta days, so I've been with the class through its highs and lows. Judging from their current state, I'd say that they're far more versatile than ever right now to be honest, and stronger than ever (although the highest potential for incredible damages still remains Sram's exploding-double days back in open beta... Way too broken). It's kind of frustrating making a guide over and over again because the game keeps changing how it works and revamping classes, but I do this for those who need a little help, maybe even just a little push to get things going.

This guide will cover PvE options, as well as PvP. PvE-wise, I've completed all content I've attempted with flying colors (minus Nogord, not much interest in him right now due to the rewards being inferior to Zinit 2 rewards regarding Srams). PvP-wise, you're going to be the type of player who goes all-out with an incredibly high damage output, trying to kill your opponent before he can kill you. In a game where everyone's playing defensively, this could surprise them when you end up hitting through their resists and armors with a single well-timed execution (not including your other attacks), then piss them off as you disappear with Invisibility.

2) Characteristics:

It's actually very simple, I'll explain my decisions:

-> Intelligence:
Elemental Resistance to +10
Barrier to +1
Dump the rest into % Health Points.
*Honestly, the only differences right off the bat between having Armor and dumping into %HP is that going with Armor helps save you bread because at the end of fights your armor regenerates, but you also have lower HP so you can't recover as much or survive from poisons as easily. As a Sram you honestly won't be getting hurt as much as it seems, thanks to Invisibility and your many movement options. And if there's a need to protect you from an enemy, your double can lock him while pushing you away to safety.
**Not only that, but in this game, there's a statistic called Heal resistance. The more HP you heal relative to your max HP, the more heal resistance you build up during the fight, which means you'll have trouble healing yourself at a faster pace than if you had a larger HP pool. Once you lose your armor, your HP will be lower than someone who put all their points into %HP, AND you'll be racking up Heal resistance faster! Not worth it.

-> Strength:
Close Combat Mastery to +20
Dump the rest into Elemental Mastery.

-> Agility:
Lock and Dodge until you hit 300 dodge.
Dump the rest into Initiative.
If Initiative gets maxed, dump the rest into Lock and Dodge.
*The goal is to hit 350-ish dodge with runes and equips, which is enough for you to dodge almost any enemy in the game (except in PvP, where you can just push enemies away, so it doesn't matter). In all honesty you only really need 300 Dodge and Lock, but I strongly recommend leaving Lock behind in favor of more dodge. If you have easy access to respecs, feel free to change these points around to anything that makes you feel comfortable.

-> Chance:
Critical Hits to +20
Dump the rest into Rear Mastery.

**Or if you feel like your Sram needs a bit more survivability...
Critical Hits to +20
Block to +20
Dump the rest into Rear Mastery.

-> Major:
At lv25, +1 to Action Points
At lv75, +1 to Movement Points and Damage
At lv125, +1 to % Damage Inflicted
At lv175, +1 to Elemental Resistance.

3) Reviews of Spells, Actives, and Passives

It's really hard making an actual guide without the players understanding my opinion of what makes the class as good as I think it is. I think that if I would just post a deck code and people would take it, they wouldn't play the way the deck code is meant to be played as, and they would most likely think the class sucks, when this isn't true. So I'll be providing a short review of all the Sram-specific spells, actives and passives (assuming you're lv200, of course):

Spells you'll be using:
-> First Blood: Fairly cheap (costing 2AP), and fairly strong for its cost. It also has a pretty helpful AoE that can help you get the most out of your AP if the enemies are lined up just right. Add in the Bloody Blade passive, and you have some serious damage on your hands. Sad thing is that it has a cast limit of 3 per turn, and it starts losing its use on the highest levels in PvE, since you have to hit the enemies as hard as you can from any direction you can get to them in order to kill them ASAP. The AP spent on First Blood against those enemies are better used on Fear, air traps for Ambush bonuses, or anything else really.

-> Cold Blood: Strictly used for PvP, honestly. Some classes require the use of Hemorrhage, and due to how long the fight may go for, you'll want a spell to heal with. While Con is an okay healer, it's got nothing on Cold Blood's heals when you have a big stack of Hemorrhage!

-> Bled Dry: Your hemorrhage-inducing spell! You'll be using it plenty of times, but not because you want 200 hemorrhage on your enemies. Hemo is only worth using on targets with a lot of shields/armors/barriers with this build, since it completely bypasses those effects for some very nice piercing damage. It's also a cheaper alternative to Rascalry if you need to hit an enemy that's just slightly too far to reach, and using Wily will put you in a bad position. It's best used during PvP.

-> Execution** (see quote below for more info): Your most powerful spell, you'll be using it a lot! It may not have a very high damage:AP ratio, but because it's a 6 AP spell, whatever final damage buffs you have will apply to all 6 of those APs, making it far more efficient than Kleptosram, Trauma, Con, Forceful Blow... Especially when your weak points are at 100. The damage you unleash is really high, with a 45 damage-per-AP ratio at level 200 (or on a crit, a 56.167 damage-per-AP ratio), and a 10% final damage increase on targets with 35% or less HP remaining.

-> Kleptosram: Your strongest non-finisher spell, you'll be using this spell a lot. It also generates MP loot for your Larceny.

-> Rascalry: Amazing spell for Fire/Water Srams, now more than ever. At a 25 damage-per-AP ratio at lv200, it doesn't seem too promising. But the damage loot it gives you will buff you for a total of 15% final damage when you cast Larceny on yourself (once you have 3 damage loot), or debuff an enemy's final damage by 15%. Not only that, but the passive Ambush buffs the spell's damage by 320%, an obscene amount of damage. AND it's a range-modifiable move as well as an AoE, great for attacking far-away enemies and kiting like an absolute pro! It's a fantastic spell for both PvE and PvP, and I can't imagine myself playing without this spell in my deck. With a +2 Range increase from equips you'll definitely notice the worth of the spell on every fight you have, no matter where.

-> Perfidious Attack: Good alternative to Bled Dry, as it has the same cost but slightly more damage (if you don't include poison) and far better range (range modifiable AND omnidirectional). Best used during PvE.

-> Con: Pretty strong, and fits into your 12AP build nicely, as well as 10AP builds. You can either do Kleptosram(x2) + Con for tons of damage per turn as well as heals, or Rascalry(x2) + Con for a 10AP equivalent (as well as final damage buffs with your Larceny). Only needs 50 weak points for the secondary effect to work, but the more you have, the more heals you receive.

-> Fear: Utility spell, used for pushing things. A must-have in your spell deck.

-> Wily: Utility spell, used for teleporting across a target up to 3 cells away. A must-have in your spell deck.

Actives:
-> Invisibility: A Sram's most important active, hands down. Using it is basically a "safety" turn where you can avoid all damage if played correctly. To properly use this spell, you cast it on yourself then walk away from your current cell. When you attack, you reveal your location to your enemies, so keep that in mind. Using Invisibility on your allies and pushing them out of their spot will make PvE enemies think he's still in that cell, so they'll attack the air and your ally will survive. Also, using Invisibility on enemies makes them unable to lock ANYONE, so it's a FANTASTIC last-resort escape mechanism.

-> Double: Not of much use on the lower levels due to its cost, this active is better used in the higher levels once it has plenty of HP, lock, and resists to properly lock enemies. Also having the required range to safely attack enemies who are locked by your double helps a lot, but you won't have that until the higher levels.

-> Shadow Trap: AMAZING active! This is a must-have for Srams everywhere, as no Sram will be even nearly as useful as one who does use Shadow Traps. Air traps will be your most-used traps; they cost 2AP each, have a range of 6 cells, and can't be more than 6 cells apart from each other. If used properly, it's far more effective than Wily for a 1AP extra cost. You can position allies, monsters, and used in combination with your Double, it's an incredibly useful map-manipulation mechanism. You have a lot of control with this, and I could argue that in some situations it's more effective than Sacrier's Transposition and Assault. Downside is that all the traps depend on your control, so until you have +1 control from equips, you won't be able to use your air traps for teleportation (should be easy with either Epaulettes or Breastplates that give +1 control).

-> Scram: Useless to you due to your ranged attacks, and due to Larceny being able to provide you with MP, completely free of cost.

-> Larceny: AMAZING active! this is an absolute must-have for your Fire/Water Sram, or basically for any Sram that uses the Water Branch. You can use loot gained from water spells to buff yourself, buff allies, or debuff enemies, for absolutely no cost whatsoever. If used with the Dupery passive, when you either buff allies or debuff enemies, you also get buffed as if you used the loot on yourself. It's incredible and I love it.

-> Stabber: Powerful active, but only useful when you have the Crazy Scheme active. Boosts your final damage by 15%, and with Crazy Scheme at level 2 not only does it boost your final damage by 20%, but now it only costs 1WP.**An explanation about Execution: If you look at just the damage per AP ratio (45 damage per AP) compared to Trauma (which sits at 47.25 damage per AP), it's actually slightly weaker. This is misleading, and it's all because of how much AP Execution (6AP) and Trauma (4AP) cost. Let me explain why:

-> Assume you have 2000 air and fire mastery, 40% damage inflicted, and you hit your 0% resistance enemy from the back. 20.00(1.40)(1.25) = 35 damage.

Now also assume that you have 60 stacks of Ambush (extra 60% damage inflicted to your next spell only). So for the next spell, your damage will be 20.00(2.00)(1.25) = 50.

-> Execution costs 6AP and does 45 damage per AP. 45(6) = 270 base damage.

-> Trauma costs 4AP and does 47.25 damage per AP, but also does 10% more damage from the back. 47.25(4)(1.1) = 207.9 base damage.

Since you have 2AP left in order to use the same amount of AP as Execution, let's add the hardest hitting 2AP move we have, First blood (58 base damage).

Execution = 270(50) = 13,500 damage.
Trauma + First Blood = 207.9(50) + 58(35) = 10,395 + 2,030 = 12,425 damage.

As you can see, Execution actually does more damage than Trauma. If you also factor in Shadow Master's 50% damages done for the next spell only, 20(2.5)(1.25) = 62.5 for the next spell only...

Execution = 270(62.5) = 16,875 damage.
Trauma + First Blood = 207.9(62.5) + 58(35) = 12,993.75 + 2,030 = 15,023.75 damage.

The more buffs you get for your next spell, the more damage you do with Execution than Trauma. In a traditional Sram build where you don't use traps and your most advanced strategy is to use Wily to get behind an enemy, then yes Trauma will do more damage. If you take advantage of the Sram class's strengths and many different buffs, then Execution will win every time.

Passives:

-> Murderer: Great passive, but only worth using in PvE, and if you're strong enough to kill anything fast. Otherwise, you won't be gaining the heals and WP it provides per kill. In 1v1 PvP, this passive is useless. In group PvP, the enemies take so long to kill that I'd much rather replace it with something better.

-> Bloody Blade: Not that good to be honest, it only really shines if your build revolves around very low AP costs, which this Fire/Water Sram build doesn't use much. The heal effects' increases are nice, but you won't be using Con often enough for it to matter.

-> Brutal Assault: This is a mandatory passive that you absolutely cannot pass up. It increases your Weak Point generation by +5 per spell, and also increases your total damages done by 10%.

-> Shadow Master: This passive is a hit-or-miss; sometimes you would benefit from using it, and other times you don't and you'd do better by replacing it with something else. The +50% Final Damage on next spell cast is fantastic, but you won't be using it much in non-boss PvE fights.

-> Trap Master: You'll be using this in PvP exclusively, and honestly, probably not in every fight. People are getting more resistive, so Hemorrhage really works best against enemies with shields/barriers/armors.

-> Crazy Scheme: Great passive, you'll be using it every now and then. By decreasing Scram and Stabber's cost to only 1WP, as well as boosting Stabber's effect to +20% Final Damage for your entire turn, it's a very valuable passive you'll be using in all sorts of fights... But not in every fight.

-> Ambush: Another mandatory spell in my opinion, the +160% damage to AoE and +160% damage to Distance spells is a whopping +320% damage to your Rascalry, which you'll be using a lot. It is definitely a strong ranged spell for Srams to have, and along with the passive's effect of increasing your next spell's damage by 15% (to a max of 60%) when enemies trigger traps, you don't ever want to pass up on this huge buff.

-> Fraud: A passive specifically for Water/Air Srams, it's useless to a Fire/Water build. Still a great passive, but of no use to you.

-> Dupery: My favorite new passive! This makes it so that you can, along with buffing allies or debuffing enemies, also take the effects of your loot for yourself. This is a fantastic spell for PvP under this build, as you can lower your opponent's Final Damage while raising your own, which is incredibly good for your survivability as well as damage. It's also worth taking on some PvE fights, but you can live without it then.

-> Sram To The Bone: Another mandatory spell no matter what content you're tackling. You gain a TON of crits from this passive, make sure to never leave it behind!

4) The Actual Spell Decks:

Thing about this patch is that every boss fight, PvE non-boss groups, and PvP fights are all different ways of playing altogether. Luckily, Srams are amazing at adapting with their repertoire of options, no matter the situation. This part of the guide will be edited every once in a while, with additions whenever I find a more fitting strategy to a specific boss fight. I'll try and organize everything as best as I can, but honestly, the game is played differently below lv150, and above it. That 5th Passive slot means a LOT. Also, spells have been set so that any Sram of any level can apply this code to their deck, and equip the important spells in order; organize the spells in whatever order you prefer!

PS: It's pretty hard to cover every single situation with spell decks, to be honest. Some fights go much better than with the spell decks I outlined here, but only for those specific fights and nowhere else. By the time you get to the higher levels though, you should have a good enough idea of how to properly play a Fire/Water Sram to make those choices yourself and adjust your spells accordingly.

PvP Build (non trap-oriented):
4587-4584-4579-4583-4595-5125-4586-4596-4604-4597-4603-4588-4610-5126-4606-5122-4607-0

All-Purpose, Bigger Damage + Smaller Heals Deck (1):
4587-4584-4579-4583-4595-5125-4586-4596-4604-4597-4602-4603-4610-4606-5144-5089-5122-0

All-Purpose, Bigger Damage + Smaller Heals Deck (2):
4582-4584-4579-4583-4595-5125-4586-4596-4604-4597-4602-4603-4610-4606-5144-5089-5122-0

5. Combos:

I didn't want to do this section since I think it's important for people to learn how to play a class by themselves, and having combos listed kinda defeats that purpose. You don't learn how to keep good track of your AP, how to calculate damage in each combo, or when certain low-damage spells would be better than your normal combos; but I got asked quite a few times, so I might as well add this section. I'll only be listing the main attacking combos, since we're super versatile and we have a lot of things that we can do apart from those. It all really depends on your and your enemy's positioning , and how many weak points and buffs you have at the start of your turn. I've bolded the combos that you should keep an eye out for; the unbolded ones are good too, but not the best:

(If you're using Perfidious Attack instead of Bled Dry, then simply replace the spell in the combo with it; it'll be weaker than Bled Dry if you take the poison into account, otherwise Perfidious Attack will be a stronger choice)

6 AP:
- Wily + Bled Dry
- Bled Dry + Bled Dry (Strongest pure fire combo for now. It also places a poison on your enemy that you can keep increasing every turn. It bypasses armors, barriers, shields, and all that good stuff, so it's worth having around)
- Rascalry + Con
- Con + Con + Con (Strongest pure water combo for now. If you start the turn with 50 Weak Points, it's even stronger since the first Con will be powered up)
- Kleptosram
- Execution (It's only one move, but it's strong enough to outshine Bled Dry + Bled Dry in some situations)
- 2 traps in the enemy's path (In order for them to activate, someone must move onto the trap, or move within the trap. This is why you place it in their path, so that they can activate them. Otherwise, they'll just walk right off the trap unharmed)

7 AP:
- All the 6AP combos
- Wily + Rascalry
- Rascalry + Bled Dry (Really good fire and water combo, it'll generate 40 weak points and give you 1 Damage Loot, as well as inflict Hemorrhage on the target)
- Bled Dry + Con + Con
- Kleptosram + Con (Strongest pure water combo for now)

8 AP:
- All the 7AP combos and below
- Wily + Kleptosram
- Bled Dry + Bled Dry + Con (Pretty strong combo, hard to find anything stronger than hemorrhage while having only 8 AP)
- Kleptosram + Bled Dry
- Rascalry + Rascalry (Builds 50 weak points, and gets you 2 Damage Loot. It's also ranged, which makes it pretty handy!)
- Execution + Con
- 2 traps behind the enemy + Fear to push enemy into traps

9 AP:
- All the 8AP combos and below
- Wily + Execution
- Wily + Bled Dry + Bled Dry
- Bled Dry + Bled Dry + Bled Dry (Strongest pure fire combo at this AP cost. Really hard to beat all that Hemorrhage, and it's ranged to boot, too!)
- Kleptosram + Rascalry
- Rascalry + Bled Dry + Con
- Bled Dry + Execution (If you start your turn with 85 weak points or higher, this will be your strongest pure fire combo until you get 12AP. Otherwise it's still pretty good, but you'd do better with the Bled Dry x3 combo)

10 AP:
- All the 9AP combos and below
- Wily + Bled Dry + Rascalry
- Kleptosram + Kleptosram (Your strongest water combo yet! Builds 50 weak points, AND give your 2 MP Loot to use whenever you want)
- Con + Rascalry + Rascalry (If you start your turn with 50 weak points or more, doing this combo will heal you, recover your WP, give you 2 Damage Loot for future use, and also end your turn with 50 weak points again. Downside is that it's slightly weaker than Kleptosram x2, but with all that you gain by using it, it's worth using from time to time)
- Rascalry + Execution
- Bled dry + Bled dry + Rascalry

11 AP:
- All the 10AP combos and below
- Wily + Rascalry + Rascalry
- Rascalry + Rascalry + Bled Dry
- Kleptosram + Rascalry + Con (Stronger than Con + Rascalry x2, and still accomplishes the same thing. You also gain 1 MP Loot and 1 Damage Loot instead of 2 Damage Loot. That MP Loot comes in handy when you need to make an escape!)
- Kleptosram + Execution (If you start your turn with 75 weak points or higher, this will be your second strongest combo overall, even when you have 12 AP. It's a great mix of both fire and water spells, and hits HARD!)
- Bled Dry + Execution + Con

12 AP:
- All the 11AP combos and below
- Wily + Bled Dry + Execution
- Wily + Kleptosram + Con + Con
- Wily + Kleptosram + Rascalry
- Wily + Kleptosram + Fear + Con
- Kleptosram + Kleptosram + Con (Your strongest pure water combo. You can start it with 0 weak points and it'd outdamage any other combo that doesn't depend on weak points, like the Execution combos. This is your bread and butter, and you'll be using it a LOOOOT!)
- Con + Rascalry + Rascalry + Con (Your second strongest pure water combo. If you start your turn with 50 weak points or higher, it'll recover 2 WP, heal you plenty, and give you 2 Damage Loot for use whenever you want. It's an AoE combo too, so you can hit four targets at once)
- Bled Dry + Bled Dry + Execution (Strongest pure fire combo, and if you start your turn with 70 weak points, it's also your third strongest combo overall. Reason why this isn't your strongest fire combo is because while Hemorrhage isn't affected by your buffs, Execution is. You could have a turn with 35% final damage gains which is GREAT, but it'd never boost Hemorrhage's damage. If the enemy has a lot of Hemorrhage though, this combo benefits you the most and will do more damage)
- Execution + Execution (Second strongest pure fire combo, and if you start your turn with 100 weak points, it's also your strongest combo overall.)

* Notice that i never included Fear, and I stopped including traps. This is because there's just so many combos you can pull that depend on the situation, and I don't feel like listing EVERY possible combo with every possible situation. My guide isn't here to give you a ride to top-level play, it's here to "guide" you as you progress so that you have an idea of where you want to be. Sorry, but while you can teach others how to play, you can't really teach them how to think like you! :p

** I included Wily a lot in the combos, even though you don't use it offensively. This is because sometimes you can finish an enemy off from behind, and you want to end your turn near all the other enemies. The vast majority of the time you'll be attacking with your other moves, which is why none of the Wily combos have been bolded; they're just not as strong as the other combos and are more situational.

6) Equips:

For the lower levels, the big sets that you want are Gobball > Royal Gobball > Infernal > Vampyro > Castuc > Sylargh > Dragon Pig or Ponktius > Empelol > Mix of Wobot/Wa Wabbit > Mix of Srambad/Enurado > What I have below (bolded means recommended. You can skip any of the above sets at any time and go for the one after it, but using the bolded ones means you'l have the best stats available to you). Generally, you'll be looking for any equips that give you Dodge, Initiative, Close-combat damage, Critical Hits, and Critical Hit damage. Ideally you'll always want to have +2 control and +2 range.

* This is the setup I had entering Moon Island (Lv171+):
Helm: Dora Borette (or Ancient Hat if you can't get it)
Cape: Onist Cloak
Shoulders: Thoughts
Necklace: Wa Wamulet
Rings: Golden Keychain, Cheer Ring (**Bagus Shushu)
Dagger: Breath Of Life
Weapon: Cartus Shushu
Belt: The tight shadow (add Kyper Belt if you can get it)
Breastplate: Withered Breastplate
Shoes: Woboots (**Steel Beak Boots)
Emblem: Shushu Emblem +3 Water
Pet: In order of preference: Golden Bow Wow, Flea Love, Moofly, or Phoenix
Mount: Close-combat damage

NOTE: Bagus Shushu is a fantastic alternative for an Epic. It's a lv125 ring that gives 1AP. If you do opt to use a Bagus Shushu, then changing your shoes to Steel Beak Boots would be your best choice.

* This is the setup I had entering Zinit 2 (Lv186+):
Helm: Dora Borette (3 Range runes)
Cape: Crococape
Shoulders: Epaulettes of Lord Cuhkol (or U)
Necklace: Palm Charm (2 Range runes)
Rings: Ring Utan, Cheer Ring
Dagger: Breath Of Life (1 Range rune)
Weapon: Fanged Cards
Belt: Belt of the Winds (or any AP BP)
Breastplate: Withered Breastplate
Shoes: Despadrilles
Emblem: Sneakiness Sham

NOTE 1: All remaining attack runes are converted to Close-Combat Mastery.
NOTE 2: All support runes are converted to Initiative.

* My ideal Zinit 2 build as of now:
Helm: Slimy Rockett Headgear
Cape: Potanicloakery
Shoulders: Spicy Epaulettes
Necklace: Archaic Pendant
Rings: Gon Door Hinge, Glove Dalf (1 Range rune)
2h Weapon: Arcen Bow (3 Range runes)
Belt: Bearlt (1 Range rune)
Breastplate: Mark VII (1 Range rune)
Shoes: Asse Shoes
Emblem: Sneakiness Sham

Methodwakfu builder link: http://methodwakfu.com/en/builder/#oI5uF7d
Total items required for this build: http://i.imgur.com/tjnrxIf.png

7. Miscellaneous:

- Make sure you level your Trapper profession to lv120. Once you're lv140+, the best way to train BY A MILE is to plant your own monsters, preferably in your guild's Haven World (if you don't have one, then out in the field). Groups of only 1 Lapse yield the second most experience possible accessible for a leveling Sram in the game, and it'll usually only take a 2x Kleptosram + Con combo from the back for you to kill them. Simply plant 1 Lapse, kill it, replant it, kill, replant, kill... I promise you, you'll be leveling faster than ALL of your friends (unless you have other Sram friends, or really OP people leveling their own alts).

If you don't mind taking more than one turn to kill an enemy, at about lv170-180 you could move on to killing solo Tropilians/Voodoo Kanniballs all the way up to level 200. You might want to set up a "daily experience gain schedule" such as getting 500m-1b exp per day. While I was leveling my personal limit was 2b exp a day (took me like 6-8 hours, depending on breaks taken/challenges accomplished/planting rate), and I would refuse to run dungeons with friends until I had met that quota.

- A neat little trick that I like to do when I have 2 AP left over at the end of my turn is leave a single air trap in the field, right where I know the enemy will walk through. You're not tri so it would do minimal damage, BUT if you have the Ambush specialty, it'll boost the next spell you use by 15% final damage and give you 15 weak points. It's a better use of your remaining 2AP than just casting First Blood, Cold Blood, or Fear in the air for the weak points.

(To be continued, will get filled up as I get asked questions or I provide advice for people).

If you found the guide helpful, leave a post so it stays on the first page! If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll get back to you with an answer for sure.
16 -2
Reactions 97
Score : 3

Thanks a lot for this biggrin
Also, what do you think of replacing first blood with cold blood, for better sustain, and to make up for fact that barrier nor armour to hp is taken. Although it takes all hemorrhage away, it might work as an extra backup for health other than bloody ripoff... And if you agree that it can be a valid option to take it, do you think the passive which give more life steal (bloody blade) is worth taking, and why could it replace?

0 0
Score : 17724
subsha|2015-07-10 03:57:08
Thanks a lot for this biggrin
Also, what do you think of replacing first blood with cold blood, for better sustain, and to make up for fact that barrier nor armour to hp is taken. Although it takes all hemorrhage away, it might work as an extra backup for health other than bloody ripoff... And if you agree that it can be a valid option to take it, do you think the passive which give more life steal (bloody blade) is worth taking, and why could it replace?
Cold Blood is definitely viable. First Blood is only there because there's not really any other choices, and in PvE situations, you'll be getting all your heals from the Murderer passive. In PvP, feel free to take Cold Blood.

The reason why I personally prefer First Blood over Cold Blood is because First Blood is stronger, and is an AoE so it gains the 160% damage buff from Ambush, and in the middle of a fight, if you have to stop to build Hemorrhage on an enemy in order to heal, you're cutting back a lot on your DPT just so you can heal. By the time you get to heal with Cold Blood, your enemy will have done more damage to you, and you could've used all those turns instead to push him away, lock him with a double, and run away to build more MP/Damage loot. You can heal off of your double with Ripoff and Cold Blood if necessary, but I'd rather use the AP to push the enemy away, hit him with Rascalry, summon a double and heal off of double with Ripoff while running away to cover more ground.

Sometimes you survive better simply by running away instead of healing off of the enemy. That's not to say that there's no situations where Cold Blood is better! If I'm fighting a class like Feca who has a lot of shields and I'm using Hemorrhage to pierce through his shields, but all of a sudden I'm dying, I'll probably want to heal and start reapplying Hemorrhage. However, against other classes that don't have shields, I find using Hemorrhage is a waste of time.
0 0
Score : 1088

Do you find duo element to be better than tribrid? Ive always run a tribrid sram, but now with the limitations to what spells/actives I can have, its a bit confusing.

Also I've never really used the trap active on my sram, since I've always been mobile enough to get to wherever I need to go, yet you claim its "very important". Is this only because of the map manipulation factor or is there more to it than that?

I dont really have much map manipulation in my squad, so learning the mechanics might be better for me in the long run, just trying to figure everything out at the moment with all this new information, and you seem to have a fairly good grasp of your sram at the moment.

0 0
Xnub|2015-07-10 04:19:30
Do you find duo element to be better than tribrid? Ive always run a tribrid sram, but now with the limitations to what spells/actives I can have, its a bit confusing.

Right now, yeah, I do find duo element to be better than Tribrid. The new limitations to only 12 spells and actives total really hurt your options. Not depending on a 3rd element opens up space for you to excel better in the other two; You have space for Water's loot spells, as well as Fire's important spells, while you can still use Wily and Fear for positioning. It's a lot more comfortable to play with, for sure.

Also I've never really used the trap active on my sram, since I've always been mobile enough to get to wherever I need to go, yet you claim its "very important". Is this only because of the map manipulation factor or is there more to it than that?

On the higher levels, there's a lot of times where you don't want to be near enemies, or you need to save an ally without putting yourself in a bad situation, or you need to push enemies very far away, or you need to get behind a wall but there's no targets to use Wily... Air traps open up a lot of possibilites in a fight. Combine it with fear and wily, and you can pretty much push an enemy 10 cells away from the party, all the while you stay in a very safe position with the rest of the party members.

the higher level dungeons require a lot of teamwork too, where you'll need to push enemies to certain specific areas, but sometimes fear just isn't enough to do it because the distance is too great or you have to go around the corner. Since you can cast a trap across a chasm or past a wall and the other one next to your ally, you can pretty much move anyone or anything anywhere you want. Honestly, it's an amazing trap.

Also, if you combine it with Ambush, every time an enemy steps on a trap, your next spell cast will do 15% extra total damage, up to a maximum of 60% extra damage. Combine it with Invisibility's 50% Final Damages, Stabber's 20% Final Damages, and Larceny's 15% Final damages, and use an Execution spell with 100 weak points, well... I don't really need to say anything more than that. If the enemy stays alive after that, he must be a top-notch player with max runes and the best equipment available.

I dont really have much map manipulation in my squad, so learning the mechanics might be better for me in the long run, just trying to figure everything out at the moment with all this new information, and you seem to have a fairly good grasp of your sram at the moment.
Yeah, I understand how you feel. It's because of that that I decided to make a guide right now instead of on the weekend, when I had originally planned to do it. People are confused right now due to the magnitude of the changes, and sometimes sooner is better in the long run.
0 0
Score : 6122

Armored mount from dofus biggrin loved that thing, looks like a thorough guide, nice work.

Only thing that I saw was at lv 175 20hp will equal 47.2hp (20*2.36) with all points in hp but the 10 in res.

0 0
Arkolak|2015-07-10 09:23:32
Armored mount from dofus biggrin loved that thing, looks like a thorough guide, nice work.

Only thing that I saw was at lv 175 20hp will equal 47.2hp (20*2.36) with all points in hp but the 10 in res.
Thanks for that! I did this close to midnight so I was tired, values that required me to do some math would've naturally been wacky. XD
0 0
Score : 2187

I am a lvl 67 sram and play mostly pve mostly with friends. Do you have any recommendations for a air/water sram build. I am currently using tricky blow, bloody ripoff, kleptosram, fear, wily, rasclary as core dmg spells. I use invisibility, double, and shadow trap for utility. Any advice would be great. Thanks a bunch.

0 0
Altivare|2015-07-14 01:07:51
I am a lvl 67 sram and play mostly pve mostly with friends. Do you have any recommendations for a air/water sram build. I am currently using tricky blow, bloody ripoff, kleptosram, fear, wily, rasclary as core dmg spells. I use invisibility, double, and shadow trap for utility. Any advice would be great. Thanks a bunch.
I'd have to really think about it, since I don't roll a Water/Air Sram. I have no experience with that combination of elements at endgame content in both PvE or PvP.
0 0
Score : 218

This is what I'm thinking with my air/water sram (Level 124). Any coments? Last passive is optional.

Air Spells: 1-124, 2-40, 3-124, 4-124, 5-124
Water Spells 1-124, 2-0, 3-124, 4-124, 5-124
Actives: Invisibility, Double, Larceny, Sttaber
Pasives: Sram to the bone, Brutal Assault, Fraud, Bloody Blade, xxx
0 0
Score : 120
NalfenMula|2015-07-15 16:42:29

This is what I'm thinking with my air/water sram (Level 124). Any coments? Last passive is optional.

Air Spells: 1-124, 2-40, 3-124, 4-124, 5-124
Water Spells 1-124, 2-0, 3-124, 4-124, 5-124
Actives: Invisibility, Double, Larceny, Sttaber
Pasives: Sram to the bone, Brutal Assault, Fraud, Bloody Blade, xxx

My build and I love it smile

1 0
Score : 931

For everyone who wonder if tri ele sram is still good. Here ist my tri build which pretty much can one-turn anything.

0 0
Guts13|2015-07-15 21:26:11
For everyone who wonder if tri ele sram is still good. Here ist my tri build which pretty much can one-turn anything.

Pretty sure I could name a bunch of monsters you couldn't one-turn. No one can one-turn "pretty much anything". :v

*cough Elite Crolk/Elite Orda at boss fight/Elite Poz/Elite Cullers/Elite Syclicks/every single boss lv100+/every UB Moowolf and above/Steel Beak's summoned monsters at P3 and P4/etc cough*

But I agree it's a good build. I personally prefer having a ranged option that can give me even more final damage, though.
0 0

I kinda don't get it how to quote but regardless of that of course it isn't possible to one-turn anything. Maybe I just got the meaning of "pretty much anything" wrong because obviously I am not a native english speaker. I wanted to say that most enemies will die within one turn.

I would also prefer to have rascalry and trauma but that would make a total of 14 spell slots and there are only 12 available.

My team can easily buff me with enough final dmg (eni,feca,sadida,...) because of my low initiative (145) and carnage is a good alternative for the missing final dmg of rascalry. If a ranged option is needed it's always possible to switch a spell before a fight.

1 0
Guts13|2015-07-16 02:19:42
I kinda don't get it how to quote but regardless of that of course it isn't possible to one-turn anything. Maybe I just got the meaning of "pretty much anything" wrong because obviously I am not a native english speaker. I wanted to say that most enemies will die within one turn.

I would also prefer to have rascalry and trauma but that would make a total of 14 spell slots and there are only 12 available.

My team can easily buff me with enough final dmg (eni,feca,sadida,...) because of my low initiative (145) and carnage is a good alternative for the missing final dmg of rascalry. If a ranged option is needed it's always possible to switch a spell before a fight.
Hey I'm not a native english speaker either, it's the second language I ever learned. Spanish remains my strongest one. It was meant to be a joke. :\

And I agree, I'd love to have 14 spells... But sadly that'd make the spell deck system useless. I wouldn't mind adding Swindlesram and Tricky Blow and making my build a tri-lite one (main Fire/Water with a small helping of air).
0 0
I kinda don't get it how to quote but regardless of that of course it isn't possible to one-turn anything. Maybe I just got the meaning of "pretty much anything" wrong because obviously I am not a native english speaker. I wanted to say that most enemies will die within one turn.I would also prefer to have rascalry and trauma but that would make a total of 14 spell slots and there are only 12 available.My team can easily buff me with enough final dmg (eni,feca,sadida,...) because of my low initiative (145) and carnage is a good alternative for the missing final dmg of rascalry. If a ranged option is needed it's always possible to switch a spell before a fight.Hey I'm not a native english speaker either, it's the second language I ever learned. Spanish remains my strongest one. It was meant to be a joke. :\And I agree, I'd love to have 14 spells... But sadly that'd make the spell deck system useless. I wouldn't mind adding Swindlesram and Tricky Blow and making my build a tri-lite one (main Fire/Water with a small helping of air).
I hoped so but you can never know for sure.

I have something like a support deck which contains all that stuff which is good to support but for a DD deck it's kinda lame. It's more than sufficiend to have scram + mp loot + wily to move freely on the battelfield.
I don't know why you want to have Swindlesram. Should it be just a dmg spell or because of the lock loot because it's possible to turn yourself or the enemy invisible to get away or to use your double to lock the enemies.
0 0
Guts13|2015-07-16 03:18:23
I don't know why you want to have Swindlesram. Should it be just a dmg spell or because of the lock loot because it's possible to turn yourself or the enemy invisible to get away or to use your double to lock the enemies.
Because of Fraud. On turns I have nothing to do, I could just cast it in the air and stack up the buff for a later use.
0 0
Quote (Guts13 @ 16 July 2015 03:18) *I don't know why you want to have Swindlesram. Should it be just a dmg spell or because of the lock loot because it's possible to turn yourself or the enemy invisible to get away or to use your double to lock the enemies.Because of Fraud. On turns I have nothing to do, I could just cast it in the air and stack up the buff for a later use.
That's kinda strange becaus in all of your posted builds above you don't even use tricky blow so is stacking the fraud buff not kinda useless?
On turns I have nothing to do, I mostly heal my teammates with my shushu weapon.
0 0
Guts13|2015-07-16 12:48:06
Quote (Guts13 @ 16 July 2015 03:18) *I don't know why you want to have Swindlesram. Should it be just a dmg spell or because of the lock loot because it's possible to turn yourself or the enemy invisible to get away or to use your double to lock the enemies.Because of Fraud. On turns I have nothing to do, I could just cast it in the air and stack up the buff for a later use.
That's kinda strange becaus in all of your posted builds above you don't even use tricky blow so is stacking the fraud buff not kinda useless?
On turns I have nothing to do, I mostly heal my teammates with my shushu weapon.
Like I said, I'd do it if I had access to 14 spells. With 12 only (which is the maximum amount we're allowed by this new system), I'd much rather remain dual element.
0 0
Quote (Guts13 @ 16 July 2015 12:48) *QuoteQuote (Guts13 @ 16 July 2015 03:18) *I don't know why you want to have Swindlesram. Should it be just a dmg spell or because of the lock loot because it's possible to turn yourself or the enemy invisible to get away or to use your double to lock the enemies.Because of Fraud. On turns I have nothing to do, I could just cast it in the air and stack up the buff for a later use.That's kinda strange becaus in all of your posted builds above you don't even use tricky blow so is stacking the fraud buff not kinda useless?On turns I have nothing to do, I mostly heal my teammates with my shushu weapon.Like I said, I'd do it if I had access to 14 spells. With 12 only (which is the maximum amount we're allowed by this new system), I'd much rather remain dual element.
Well, I think if I would ever go back to duo ele I would certainly miss the third element in every fight. Both duo and tri ele have disadvantages and advantages but I'm kinda in love with my new tri ele sram and so there is no way I would ever go back to duo ele.
0 0
Respond to this thread