By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Guide] Owlite's guide to Air/Water Full Support Masqueraider

By MiniMikeh - MEMBER - July 08, 2015, 02:12:14
The Air/Water Masqueraider V.2

*Artwork of my Masq drawn by Silveyn

Table Of Contents

• Statistics
• The Deck
• The deck code and reasons for spell choices
• My gear suggestions for end game
• Conclusion

Statistics

*Disclaimer you do not have to follow this 100%

Intelligence 10 Resist, 5 Armor, Rest into HP.

Strength 20 Distance Mastery rest into general damage for your heals

Agility All points go into Dodge

Chance 20 Block, 20 Crit, Rest into heal mastery

Major 1 AP, 1 MP, 1 Range, Reduction

The First Deck

Code Name Eat the booty like groceries

This deck is simple slap on a coward mask and start eating your allies booties like groceries.

Reason behind the choices

The Masks

Classic - Gives 20% Critical hits when worn and for each critical hit scored give any ally around you 5% final damage - maxes out at 20% final damage

Coward - Gives +1 Range and Heals by +20% when worn and for every dodge +1 mp - Maxes out at 3

You want to bring these and not the psychopath mask for a couple of reasons. With carnival you can give cras classic mask to provide the extra 20% crit to allow them to hit 100 without walking at 190 or get to 100 before hitting 190 they will appreciate it. Also useful for the classerole buff of + 1 mp. Coward is what you will be wearing 90% of the time for the extra heals and range.

Masked Spirit

Copies all of your stats starts with 6 ap and gains any unused ap that you had when you end your turn. All damage taken is redirected to you.

Masked spirit has been a staple for masqueraiders for a long time now and even with the nerfs it's still a staple in my eyes. He's very useful for a quick collision wall synergizes well with dance of death and is essential for Classy Masqueraider in this support build and is also good for a quick burst heal on an ally.

Dance of Death

+2 MP for two turns
If your masked spirit is in play +2 AP for two turns revives all K.O'd allies with 20% of their max hp and then unsummons the masked spirit

This is easily my #1 favorite buff with the update like holy crap I applaud you ankama.
Being able to revive allies is something I had suggested before and got ridiculed and told it should be left to just enis and here we are with masqs having a revive spell and a really powerful one at that.

With this build you'll also want to make use of Dance of Death with classerole's MP bonus + the k'mir effect to pull bosses, allies, dangerous monsters etc across the map away from your team or away from danger and use your other spells to get away or have a panda save you from the shenanigans you got yourself caught up in.

Air Spells

Classtanet has a range of 2 - 3 pulls your target 1 cell and teleports you behind them. Again giving you backstab for your damage spells another useful support tool

Classerole applies the state classerole links you and your target together dragging them with you wherever you go you can no longer lock or be locked. When wearing the classic mask you gain +1 mp each time you cast this so far I have not seen a cap on the + mp combining this with dance of deaths mp bonus is INSANE for map manipulation for pulling bosses or allies around the map to wherever you wish

The Water Spells

Backbeat now does 100 damage at level 200 to enemies and 25 air collision damage for each tile pushed costs 4 AP and has a range of 1 - 3 modifiable. This is probably going to end up being used again for another collision option of pulling yourself or allies out of danger

Spitfall now does 63 damage in a 3x3 aoe at 200 and while wearing the coward mask heals all targets for 31 HP in a 3x3 aoe also grants each target with +75 dodge.
Costs 3 AP and has a range of 1 - 5 modifiable. I love what they did to this spell. The aoe was much needed and it's always gonna end up being my bread and butter heal spell for healing up the team in a hurry.

Spitbull now does 100 damage at 200 and heals allies for 50 HP switches places with the target (once per target) wearing the coward mask increases it's range by 1.
Costs 4 AP range is no line of site 1 - 4 (1 - 5 with coward)
Good backup for when you want to heal with the classic mask on or need a no LoS heal or the transpo. This spell just has so much going for it that makes it a must have.

Spitoon now does 162 damage at 200 and applies the state chains increasing your enemies WP costs by +1 heals allies for 81 HP.
Costs 5 AP and 1 WP with a range of 1 - 3 modifiable and linear.
The WP debuff is really great to have especially for pvp (even though this isn't entirely a pvp build). Spitoons always been one of those spells thats been great at two things. Burst Damage and Burst Heal and it's the same now as it was then.

Fracture

I'm taking fracture for a couple of reasons. The incurable and ability to strip armor are very nice for supporting your team and at level 200 you are going to need a fire spell to use in a rotation of Fracture > Classtanet/Classerole > spitoon for the elemental Disciple bonus to healing for a quick nuke heal to bring someone back from near death

The Passives

Evasion gives 180 dodge and when you dodge while losing ap/mp you gain +60 for 3 turns. I picked this one to maximize my dodge for artful dodges healing bonus mainly.
Not really much else to say about it other than that.

Burst Of Wakfu grants a liberator charge every 2 turns. I picked this one for the liberator bonus on spitoon since i'll end up using my wp's a lot with dance of death and masked spirit. The +25% heal and damage on spitoon with a liberator charge active is also really great to have.

Carnival reduces the cost of all of your masks by 1 AP increases their range by 6 and disables their line of sight. This is a must have both for the cost decrease for your masks and for the ability to buff your allies with your classic and psychopath masks.

Medicine I take medicine for the extra heals performed which works like final damage but for healing. This isn't mandatory but personal preference.

Artful Dodger for every air/fire/water spell cast you gain +60 dodge it also converts 50% of your dodge into melee damage and heals. I picked this up for the extra heals from my dodge which are very much appreciated.

At level 200 I will be taking Elemental Disciple with me for the extra 40% heals performed as explained in the fracture section of the guide.

The Code For This Deck

4769-4816-4818-4817-4819-4814-4813-4810-4811-4774-4808-4807-4801-4802-4803-4800-5144-0

If you have any suggestions or preferences please feel free to leave them in the comments i'd love to hear any feedback

My gear choices and goals

Current gear i'm working towards I have most of this but not all yet it's slowly falling into place but this is what you should aim for at end game

Kanniball Mask/Treelby - Helmet
Kanniball Cloak - Cloak
Shamanic Egg - Amulet
Thoughts/Smolder Pads - Epaulets
Godlden Keychain + Fang Ring - Rings
Pheno Stem/The Recssenette - Main Hand
White Crow Emblem - Emblem
Snow Bow Meow - Pet
Golden Belt - Belt
Scaled Armor - Breastplate
Thing Thongs or Kanniball Shoes - Boots

Note this is a 10/8, 10/7 build the reason for this is spitfall is locked at 3 per turn leaving you with 1 ap to throw a mask onto someone with carnival. Two spitoons or one fracture one classerole and one spitoon on elemental disciple turns for burst healing. I have played 12 ap for an extensive period of time with this build and it is completely pointless I frequently find myself ending turns with 2 - 3 ap left over and nothing to do so I decided to aim for more range instead of ap.

Conclusion

*Artwork by Oakly/Barkly of Nox/7ice on tumblr

Thank you to all the people who theory crafted with me and listened to me ramble about my ideas and thank you to everyone for the support. I'll always be updating this based on feedback or things I learn as I continue to mess with the new spell deck system but I wanted to try and get something out there to help people who were trying to figure it out themselves. If you guys see any typos or errors in the guide that I missed please let me know so I can fix it! I hope you enjoy the guide.

- Owlite

6 0
Reactions 81
Score : 5160

Very nice as always MiniMikey. I shall have to try it out =^.^=

- Kat

0 0
Score : 15785

Tl;dr and no dank memes.

0 0
Score : 1368

Nice guide.. I am testing all the supports char PVM.. and IT IS JUST MY OPINON I feel the masqueraider like a off support.. why? because if you see for example ECA, they have more "supports skills" I don´t know I feel the Masqueraider a week support rol (he is much better than before the update but I feel it need a litle more support skills.. buff etc

0 0
Score : 65

Hmm what did you do with the the Int/Str/Agility stats? i know 10 res Just dont know what to add the rest on,Also should i be pumping Dodge? And did you add all DMG?

0 0
Score : 35531

Thats being added tonight in part two running some errands real fast but ill answer your questions for the sake of convenience

Yes to pumping dodge
For this build im doing 20 distance then pumping general

Int is at the moment subject to change later possibly

10 rest, 10 armor, 5 barrier rest hp

0 0
Score : 65
MiniMikeh|2015-07-09 01:24:12
Thats being added tonight in part two running some errands real fast but ill answer your questions for the sake of convenience

Yes to pumping dodge
For this build im doing 20 distance then pumping general

Int is at the moment subject to change later possibly

10 rest, 10 armor, 5 barrier rest hp
Ahh i see what you did there with the distance dmg (seeing as we already get CC dmg from dodge with passive) Im guessing its the all around build since most of our skills become ranged (after certain masks are used)

10rest 10 armor 5 barrier rest Hp sounds good seeing as we get that -20% ranged dmg decrease.
0 0

Part 2 is here!

Statistics again can change that'll be a "part 3" I guess. Again if you guys notice any errors or mistakes on my part please let me know so i can fix them I already had some people point a few things out to me on skype and I fixed them up tonight and you guys are awesome for that

Let me know what you think smile 

0 0
Score : 173

Was wondering what to do for a more melee build and that psynapse is a godsend. Think it should build the same way as the other build except melee instead of ranged and critical hit damage instead of heals? Other than that you're doing an amazing work on the build, great job again Owl!

0 0

Yeah my stats just reflect the fact that ill be using the support deck most often if you guys feel like youll use the melee deck more than switching your stats around is a better choice

I kinda wish we could have more freedom with stats to but they kinda almost literally made our spells and passives a sandbox so i cant really complain to much

Thank you!

0 0
Score : 1163

How often 20% block usually proks?

0 0

Im not really sure how to answer that without saying 20% of the time o.o i mean i guess a better way to answer would be i like it more than having 0 the extra bulk helps especially for melee classes and with my old gear i had 50 block with lucloak and indestructible

My new mask is running wa cwown and bygone but gear is gonna be part 3

Do you think the blocks not worth statting into John?

0 0
Score : 1163
MiniMikeh|2015-07-09 20:23:33
Im not really sure how to answer that without saying 20% of the time o.o i mean i guess a better way to answer would be i like it more than having 0 the extra bulk helps especially for melee classes and with my old gear i had 50 block with lucloak and indestructible

My new mask is running wa cwown and bygone but gear is gonna be part 3

Do you think the blocks not worth statting into John?
I tested in training room and it proks quite often.
In my build I will have not any item with block, so I wondered if with 20% will be enough and it seems it is.
0 0
Score : 3

I need help with my water/air masquerader, which is similar to yours, but his main is damage, not support.
Should I swap Block with Backstab damage and if so, how many points should I invest in it. Also, any recommendation on spells/passives I can replace in order to adopt a more damaging play, or will these spells do fine?
Thanks in advance biggrin 

0 0
Score : 470

Any advice for a leveling player starting from 30?

0 0
subsha|2015-07-09 23:18:59
I need help with my water/air masquerader, which is similar to yours, but his main is damage, not support.
Should I swap Block with Backstab damage and if so, how many points should I invest in it. Also, any recommendation on spells/passives I can replace in order to adopt a more damaging play, or will these spells do fine?
Thanks in advance biggrin
Id keep the block for dps builds because you're gonna want it to not take as much damage

The only spell i can recommend adding to help with pure damage is fugue for the movement its nice for helping move around for ap snd could potentially be better than dodge rolling sometimes

As far as leveling from 30 goes i unfortunately dont have any experience with leveling on this new system x.x i dont know how restricted you'd be on passives but when i get home ill try to do some testing
0 0
Score : 55

Is Hornito bugged or does it normally not stack more than 1 lot of flaming excluding Elegance. An example would be I cast Hornito and gain 50 stacks of flaming, if I have Elegance up I gain 100 stacks but I do not gain more from casting it multiple times.

Cheers wink

0 0
Score : 123
DeWinters|2015-07-11 07:09:49
Is Hornito bugged or does it normally not stack more than 1 lot of flaming excluding Elegance. An example would be I cast Hornito and gain 50 stacks of flaming, if I have Elegance up I gain 100 stacks but I do not gain more from casting it multiple times.

Cheers wink
Flaming no longer stacks iirc
0 0
Score : 62

so i was derping around with my lvl 50+ masq.
i love the air skills and backbeat.

So i find it funny, but about Backbeat.
when you used if while facing back against your target, you're gonna get pulled to the target instead of push back away XD. is it a bug?

(srry for bad english lol)

0 0
Score : 403
bx-ghst|2015-07-11 15:17:08
so i was derping around with my lvl 50+ masq.
i love the air skills and backbeat.

So i find it funny, but about Backbeat.
when you used if while facing back against your target, you're gonna get pulled to the target instead of push back away XD. is it a bug?

(srry for bad english lol)
To be exact... Backbeat can be cast on opponent while facing any direction at this point, no matter the location of the enemy. It moves you one cell in the direction opposing the one you are facing, it moves your opponent one cell in the direction you are facing.

It does add quite a lot of strategy, but it probably wasn't intended.
0 0
Respond to this thread