FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Guide] Leveling Guide/New player Guide

By Heartyace March 05, 2015, 23:30:41
    First time making an actual guide for Wakfu. If you have any Suggestions, leave it down below..

Introduction
    I'm Amoretta Blan, I play on the Asia server and as of writing this guide I'm level 170. The reason why I wanted to write this guide is because a lot of new members are turned away from the game because of how difficult it seems. I restarted on Nox and I was able to get to level 100 in a week(Which was actually just 5 days), So I decided why not write a guide.

Tips:
    • First and foremost, even though I don't like the tutorial system. You should do it if it's your first time, It's a little mundane, as it doesn't really teach you how you should progress through the game. But it does teach you a bit about combat, which is a valuable lesson
    • Joining a guild, I can't stress enough how important this is. I would actually like to suggest if your reading this guide and a newcomer to just scroll down your server's guild forum message board and pick one that interest you. A guild is there to help you, for one it's not very fun playing alone. They can also answer your questions, or the questions I didn't explain in this guide. Also you don't want a guild that dies after a few days, choose carefully.
    • Leveling alone maybe faster but some classes actually benefit from being in a party is optimal for them. It's important to note which class you are - Sadida is one of those classes that seem to benefit from being in party for example, while Iop or Sram are better off soloing.

Getting Started:
    There's a few things you should know before getting started.

Otomai Disciples: These guys give daily repeatable quest for the area, the quest usually involves collecting an item dropped by a Mob killed in the Area. It rewards you with EXP, do it. It's definitely worth it, especially if your leveling in the Area. An Example of a Otomai Disciples

Stats and equips:
    As it might take much too long to explain and not find disagreements with this community. I'll leave it up to you guys to get a basic understanding of what stats your class needs(Although I might leave a section open). But for equipment, I'll put a basic requirement for each level range.

Trapper:
    One of the most important mechanics that will help you level. Every monster will have a trapper option on them, to obtain seeds from them which will be right beside the engage in combat. It is important that you level trapper alongside your level. You may not be able to manage more than 1 mob when your alone, nor will 1 mob always be available. Planting it will speed up the process instead of having to run around looking for monsters. *I'd like to take this time to address this, Your going to want to fight 1 monster at a time if your alone, 2 if your duo. So on and so forth. Why? Because exp is shared equally* Now I'm guilty of this.

But there's a trapper is directly tied with leather crafting. If you've killed Gobballs they would've dropped some skin. You can use about 100 skin to 1-10 in Trapper. Same goes for 10-25 with other materials. Or you can go the traditional root and extract from monsters.

Golden rule: Keep your Trapper at the same level as you

Enviromental Quest:
    At some point while your leveling. You'll come across green lit monsters or objects on the floor. These are environmental quest. They are just as they sound to be. They're Area quest, which upon completion give you exp. I'd suggest doing them if they're not terribly time consuming (I.e Don't do dominant boss groups). Extra Exp isn't ever terrible.
    -----------------------------------
    The leveling guide:
    1-10
    You've now started and no Idea what to do. Use tutorial.If you've found a guild, and understand the basic mechanics of the game. Truly believing do not need the tutorial. Run between nations to hit level 5.

• Tutorial -> bow meows till 10 -> larvas till 15
    • Alternatively Nations -> Bow meows till 8 -> Larvas till 15
    Quest
    • Tutorial questline - Area: Astrub - Very important for new players, since its better to start Astrub at level 5 than 1
    • Astrub questline - Area: Astrub - Important for new players too, and shouldn't be skipped since it gives the Astrub Knight sidekick

----------------------------------
    15-30
    This is a complicated area, I'll try my best to explain. Here you choose a nation, But it'll be easier for me to explain if I just told you to go to Sufokia. It'll be easier for me to explain and easier to follow. In any case, you use the boat on the four directions of astrub to get to nation. Also around this time, you'll want to hunt your gear. I'll let you know, Tofus are easier for ranged people while Gobballs are just average:

Gobball set route (1 AP bonus)
    • Tydal prairie -> entrance zone of Terrana Dune
    Tofu set route (1 MP Bonus)
    • Hanging Garden -> Turfo Canyon
    Tip - All gobballs and Tofus drop the full set, so just fight everything with the a syntax of Gobball or Tofu

Quest
    • Quest of Nations - Area: Any Nation (Excluding Riktus) - These quest provide the best armor for low levels, Novice Hero/Half Hero/Hardened hero sets currently goes up to part 3.

------------------------------30-60
    This is fairly straight forward after you've completed your Gobball set/Tofu set, Ignore all zones inbetween and run straight towards Steamulating Shore, you then take the nation boat to calamar:

• Kraloves and kralamores till around 40 - > Pirates till around 60.
    Tip: I may not have mentioned this, but fighting mobs proportional to your group size is fastest way to level.

Quest:
    • 30 Huppermage 1st Questline - Area: Huppermage school - Provides Weapon Master Active.
    • 50: Wild Estate Questline - First Kama Relic (60,000 kamas)
    • 65: Kelba Questline - Fun story but doesn't provide anything useful other than a few levels and an unusable relic)
    -------------------------------
    60-80
    Another one of those complicated areas. Alright, so there's a couple ways to go about this area. The first way, involved finding a friendly guild to help you hunt your next set. The second way, you've been selling items on the market place and you're able to buy th full equipment set. Third way is you grind it with a sidekick for more drops. Either way, you need Infernal set to progress with properly:

The gear grind -
    • Celestial praries with a sidekick
    • Alternatively with a party
    • Or Alone
    Leveling area -
    • Kelba - Crows till 65 -> Monk island - Rats 65-70 -> Monk island -> Monks till 75-80*
    *This is dependent upon if you're a melee class or ranged. IF you're a melee class I'd suggest sticking around here till 78-80, otherwise move on.

Quest:
    • 65: Kelba Questline - Area: Kelba - Fun story, but doesn't give anything useful other than a few levels and an unusable relic)
    • 80: Huppermage 2nd Questline - Area: Huppermage school - Provides the Fluctuation passive

----------------------------
    80-100
    This is my favourite set of fights, it's where the mobs gain moremechanics. I'll explain below mechanics for mobs when I have the chance to write again. Around level 100, you'll have more sets of gear to choose from, I'll give you some direction. Vampyro drops some nice set of gear, worth checking out.:

• Bliboys till level 95** ->Polar cracklers till level 95-100( you could always just stay with Bliboys but the EXP on these guys is outrageous Also you need Fire)
    **Scroll down for link to Bliboy mechanics!

Quest:
    • 85: Bilbliza Questline - Area: Blibiza - Skip if possible, its always very buggy and might take several attempts due to RNG
    • 100: Chillberg Questline - Area: Chillberg Island - Gives 4 levels and 'early' access to all mobs of chillberg island

-------------------------------
    100-120
    There's a level 100 quest at Chillberg, do it, as it's necessary to access where you'll be leveling next. This should bring you to level 104, By then you'll track back to the area where you saw the skeleton warriors:

• Snowbound village - Northern chafers till 120**
    Quest:
    • 115: Ohwymi Questline - Area: Ohwymi island- It provides jumping gap jacks, second kama relic 360,000 kamas. To save time in kama hunting wait for wa wabbit questline relic
    • 120: Wa Wabbit Questline - Area: Wabbit Island - Short and rewarding questline, also provides a kama relic (which provides 550,000 kamas)

-----------------------------
    120-175
    Around here you should be trying to nab a party to get gear while you level. But if you were to just spam mobs solo (which is indeed the fastest way to level). This is the route.

• Northern chafers till 124 -> Fungopole - Spores till 140 or (My preferred way) Wabbits(white wabbits) till 140
    • Spores/Wabbits -> Srambad - Sram mobs (Preferably Sramvas)till 153
    • Srambad -> Xelorium past - Xelor mobs (lapse preferably)
    Quest:
    • 140: Srambad Questline - Area: Srambad - provides 2 levels
    • 145: Enurado Questline - -Area: Enurado - 2 levels and last kama relic (600,000 kamas)
    • 155: Xelor past - Area: Xelor past - Gives a level
    • 160: Xelor Present Questline - Area:Xelor present - Important lore about the gods for people who are into it, gives a sidekick Pandora /Chad, and 2 levels

After I finish the the heroes section, I'll add that in there. Also the Mechanics section.

Bliboy mechanics - Credits to Feralrat!** I'll try to format it into the guide, but people enjoy and thank Feralrat!

Credit to Aigees for completing the entire quest section(s).
    Credits to Reikken for providing ample info
    17 0
    Reactions 53
    Score : 54

Hello - I'm not new to the game but I'm a slow leveler. This guide looks like it'll help.

I have a question: About how long did you play (in hours)? Or about how many hours a day you played to level? Because it may be the amount of time I have that makes me slow.

2 -1
    Score : 1863
    omegaroma|2015-04-06 06:40:48
    Hello - I'm not new to the game but I'm a slow leveler. This guide looks like it'll help.

I have a question: About how long did you play (in hours)? Or about how many hours a day you played to level? Because it may be the amount of time I have that makes me slow.
    There's a bit of tweaking I need to do. But around 3-4 hours a day.

I'm going to tweak it for a more optimal faster path. With more signs to help guide.

But to help you with the slowness. 1-2 mobs maximum for grinding, don't worry about the speed 1-50 take it slow learn your class figure out what's good and bad, do the daily otomais.

You want to aim for very fast fights 15 seconds maximum every fight. I've restarted with a friend recently to test out the speed. and I hit level 37 the other day (with many breaks) Clocked in for about 10 hours on this character . So there's that
    0 0
    Score : 375

I feel that i should add my 5 cents here:

80 - till you find exp low: Forfut. Fire characters can start with packs of 3 bats (so long as they are extremely vulnerable to fire). Basically you just pick any packs without Gourmands (they can stunlock you). Good exp plus brobat wings which are worth money in auction house (like 10-12 thousands on Remington).

120 - idk because i am 130 now: solo Lenalds on Wa Island. They have a trick tho: when you down em to 900 hp they activate shield which absorbs 100% max hp damage. So you need to cut their throat with one hit. I use attack of Chop-Chop, if it procs crit it's like 1.2 million exp for two turn fight. Otherwise it's 1.2m for three or four turns which is still okay. It make a little longer for character that can not turn Lenald's gaze (I'm sram) since it is protected from frontal damage.

0 0
    Score : 1440

Assuming this guide is for total newbies too, maybe you should mention teleport of scriptures. I don't think it is explained in game, so new players often are oblivious to this extremly useful item

0 0
    steamedreijii|2015-04-06 09:35:01
    I feel that i should add my 5 cents here:

80 - till you find exp low: Forfut. Fire characters can start with packs of 3 bats (so long as they are extremely vulnerable to fire). Basically you just pick any packs without Gourmands (they can stunlock you). Good exp plus brobat wings which are worth money in auction house (like 10-12 thousands on Remington).

120 - idk because i am 130 now: solo Lenalds on Wa Island. They have a trick tho: when you down em to 900 hp they activate shield which absorbs 100% max hp damage. So you need to cut their throat with one hit. I use attack of Chop-Chop, if it procs crit it's like 1.2 million exp for two turn fight. Otherwise it's 1.2m for three or four turns which is still okay. It make a little longer for character that can not turn Lenald's gaze (I'm sram) since it is protected from frontal damage.
    I confirmed that Forfut is slower than Beach mobs or whispers when I was leveling.

I'll look in to 120-170, It's kinda a static road from there really. But I'll test between lenald/castuc and Wa island.

As for Semcorda, I'm planning on linking JerryDBs thread for new players as a reference for them.
    0 0
    Score : 375

> I confirmed that Forfut is slower than Beach mobs or whispers when I was leveling.

That's true until you want to solo level any character that can't turn target's gaze (sacrier, iop) and are forced to take 400 damage for each frontal hit on whisperer. And drop (10k wings) are much better. But anyway, you are right, whisperers are logical transit from forfut as you got bored.

My friend said that Cra on level 120-125 can rape full pack of castucs (4-5 heads) solo, but i can't promise that'll work.

By the way, may be we should mark useful money drops, like ice zings and buttons from monks, you know, all that staff newbie can sell with ease and profit.

0 0
    Score : 3

Well I'm a great newbie and I'm partially confused and partially bored with what I've been doing so far.
    I got to like 16 lvl max, just trying out the characters at first to look at what they do, and I just can't seem to understand how you should level quickly. Killing a pack is basically impossible, killing 2 of them is possible in some cases, killing a single mob is easy, the problem is finding a pack that's exactly 1 mob in size, how do you do that or is there something I'm just doing wrong?
    And also, do you recommend just sticking to one element at he beginning or something? I have no idea if going with 3 elements or 2 elements has a point early, or would sticking to one be enough until later levels?

0 0
    Score : 3308
    steamedreijii|2015-04-14 13:06:00
    > I confirmed that Forfut is slower than Beach mobs or whispers when I was leveling.

That's true until you want to solo level any character that can't turn target's gaze (sacrier, iop) and are forced to take 400 damage for each frontal hit on whisperer. And drop (10k wings) are much better. But anyway, you are right, whisperers are logical transit from forfut as you got bored.

My friend said that Cra on level 120-125 can rape full pack of castucs (4-5 heads) solo, but i can't promise that'll work.

By the way, may be we should mark useful money drops, like ice zings and buttons from monks, you know, all that staff newbie can sell with ease and profit.
    I did 80-85 on my Iop with whispers, before realising Bliboys are faster.Any class can follow the guide relatively well. There's a reason the alternatives the faster options.

SirSharkPlantagenet|2015-04-14 22:28:34
    Well I'm a great newbie and I'm partially confused and partially bored with what I've been doing so far.
    I got to like 16 lvl max, just trying out the characters at first to look at what they do, and I just can't seem to understand how you should level quickly. Killing a pack is basically impossible, killing 2 of them is possible in some cases, killing a single mob is easy, the problem is finding a pack that's exactly 1 mob in size, how do you do that or is there something I'm just doing wrong?
    And also, do you recommend just sticking to one element at he beginning or something? I have no idea if going with 3 elements or 2 elements has a point early, or would sticking to one be enough until later levels?
    I'm pretty sure I said don't do 2 mobs at a time.
    Fighting one mob is faster/more efficient for one characters. Fighting 3 mobs is faster/ more efficient for 2 men. Well realistically there are very power spells for some characters early game(looking at you Enu's hot magma). I can't tell you what you should or shoudn't do for a class. But it shouldn't matter for leveling. What your aiming for is time/exp. You want it to be fast and give good exp.
    0 0
    Score : 3

Yes, you did say I shouldn't attack 2 mobs at a time, but after I start managing to kill them (still under 20 lvls so it's not that hardcore) it's better than running for 2 minutes searching for a lone mob. I am now after choosing my alignment so I'll see how it'll go now, but still these are pretty early game problems

0 0
    SirSharkPlantagenet|2015-04-14 23:22:25
    Yes, you did say I shouldn't attack 2 mobs at a time, but after I start managing to kill them (still under 20 lvls so it's not that hardcore) it's better than running for 2 minutes searching for a lone mob. I am now after choosing my alignment so I'll see how it'll go now, but still these are pretty early game problems
    I also said to use the trapper system. It's does not spawn a random mob. If you kill one piwi, chances of you spawning planting 1 piwi is incredibly high. But it is very well possible to kill multiple enemies early game. But when that's possible it's almost just better to move on to the next area(Which I will update to add in to the guide)
    0 0

Made some modifications for 18-45

I haven't done much leveling since post decks. Lemme know if there are any significant changes.

0 0
    Score : 73

Well, I never understood Wakfu exp system. Everytime I try to fight a specific monster, I always get the same amount of exp. On the other side, people seem to get insane amount of exp for fighting certain mobs but when I fight these mobs, I get half or less.

I've read that exp update from Dec, 2014 thousand times and fought following exactly the "rules" for good exp. No deal. I get same 100,000~300,000 from 20 'til 60

0 0
    Score : 134
    Saifr|2015-07-29 23:39:14
    Well, I never understood Wakfu exp system. Everytime I try to fight a specific monster, I always get the same amount of exp. On the other side, people seem to get insane amount of exp for fighting certain mobs but when I fight these mobs, I get half or less.

I've read that exp update from Dec, 2014 thousand times and fought following exactly the "rules" for good exp. No deal. I get same 100,000~300,000 from 20 'til 60
    from an f2p level 110 osa at whispers
    1 turn = 1 mob dead + a third of hp dealt on another mob(summon + player damage, 2 thirds of hp dealt on another mob if with sidekick)
    1 mob 150kexp 1 turn
    2 mob 250k exp 2 turns
    3-4 mob 300-400k 3-4 turns
    5+ mob 500-600k 4+ turns

Edit: it is with challenges. exp is averaged with wisdom bonus of 30-80+
    exp sucks for non p2p players....
    0 0

I decided to put a huge halt on my leveling till the new class comes out. As I plan on maining that. I did 1-75 on heroes recently, but it was without Trapper so certainly it could be faster. Just an Update that the guide will be changing soon

OH shoot, I just realised I mentioned nothing about UBs

0 0
    Score : 2178

nice one i like it it's the same like i do ^^

0 0
    kamarachnid : 1,786,928
    enucoffer safe : 1,618,463
    stalliance : 1,465,881
    babosaurus : 1,323,477
    sramva : 1,818,087
    cadaverous apothecary : 1,370,303
    longblade trainer : 1,231,961
    dwarf bulldagger : 1,100,571
    wobot : 1,406,141
    wabbit guawd : 1,356,175
    wabbit cavalier : 1,258,839
    wabbit shawshootew : 1,165,191
    (To help out finding best 140-155 leveling spots)
    Information offered by Reikken.

Too lazy to process this information in to the guide do what you will.

Also guide updated

I've decided to just put the information in to the guide.
    0 0

Updated with Quest in every leveling section!

All credit given to Aigees. If anyone has details on Mercenary quest, Please PM me the details!.

0 0
    Score : 1665

unfortunately the most Players will continue begging to be leveled by high Level Players....

I dont understand why most players thinking high Level is the only relevant thing in Game... I had a lot of fun 2 years ago as i startet in a small Guild on Amara with a buddy, i still prefer to play with. We have done all the low dungeons, like fish Dungeon in Sufokia, Arachnoshima Dungeon in Sadida, Trool Dungeon to get the Trool epaulettes and so on. It was fun and we learned to play our classes by ourselves, Leveling was not important for us.

Why i write this in this thread? because it remembers me in the People who write to me "pls help me to get up just to lvl 100/140 and so on.... why wont they do it with equal Level Players? oh yes i know, because nearly none of them want to go in these low Level Dungeons^^

So enough Rage, i think your Thread is helpfull but i would add some Dungeons to and Sets which low Lvl could collect in them and for what. Like "Arachnoshima seems to be ugly but can help in further dungeons not to Die" or something like that.

cya

2 0
    Score : 1233
    MrMunchkin1988|2016-01-21 12:39:50
    "unfortunately the most Players will continue begging to be leveled by high Level Players...."

Tbh I am seeing less of it with each day

"I dont understand why most players thinking high Level is the only relevant thing in Game... I had a lot of fun 2 years ago as i startet in a small Guild on Amara with a buddy, i still prefer to play with. We have done all the low dungeons, like fish Dungeon in Sufokia, Arachnoshima Dungeon in Sadida, Trool Dungeon to get the Trool epaulettes and so on. It was fun and we learned to play our classes by ourselves, Leveling was not important for us."
    The issue is... There's no players for low level content. Most people tend to ask for powerlevel because past 100 it's where you can run stuff. With guildies, at least. Otherwise it seems like it's an offline game.

"Why i write this in this thread? because it remembers me in the People who write to me "pls help me to get up just to lvl 100/140 and so on.... why wont they do it with equal Level Players? oh yes i know, because nearly none of them want to go in these low Level Dungeons^^"

Yep. Shhudoku is a great example of this. There's so many low level players it's outraging sometimes. Worst, low level players that barely gets XP.

So enough Rage, i think your Thread is helpfull but i would add some Dungeons to and Sets which low Lvl could collect in them and for what. Like "Arachnoshima seems to be ugly but can help in further dungeons not to Die" or something like that.

cya

Answers in bold. I kinda agree with you.

I might ask though, if you're in a group of two players... Aren't Whisperer's better for lv 80/90s instead of Bliboys? I remember them being pretty easy, specially for Srams, Xelors and such.
    0 0
    Respond to this thread