FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Guide] All in One Pandawa Guide (Finally updated! Yay!)

By MonoMenace - MEMBER - January 23, 2015, 16:17:21

The drunken warriors of the east. They also love throwing things around for some reason. Say hello to the Pandawas.

Guide Index

[*]Introduction to Pandawa
  1. Main Mechanics
  2. [*]The Water Spells
  3. The Fire Spells
  4. [*]The Earth Spells
  5. The Specialties
  6. The Passives
  7. [*]Tips and Tricks
  8. Build Suggestions
  9. Conclusion

Writer's Notes

Hello, I am MonoMenace. I have a level 127 Pandawa called Weeskhae and i've had my Pandawa for almost a year by now.
I wanted to make this guide since there aren't very many Pandawa guides around, and most the ones there are are very outdated.

Introduction to Pandawa

If you ask me, Pandawas are kind of a jack of all trades. They have potential for decent damage, decent support and decent tanking. They do have a few specilitations. They have amazing mobility with spells like Barrelhop, Dairy Springer and Blisskrieg. Along with that is also some great map manipulation, being able to choose where allies and enemies are more easily than most other classes. Along with that, they also have a lot of different Area of Effect spells, but has a few options for single target.

Main Mechanics

Merriment
Merriment consist of 3 states; Sober, Merry and Worn Out. You start with the sober state and can change it compared to whether you're holding your barrel or not at the end of your turn.

Sober
Sober is the default state you start with. It only gives +1 range, which can be great for kiting but otherwise there's not much to it.

Merry
In the merry state you gain +1 AP, +10% critical hits and +10% damage dealt. This is the state most earth Pandawas wanna stay in to deal extra damage, though other Pandawa can also benefit from this state. This is mine and many others' personal favorite Pandawa state.

Worn Out
The Worn Out state is the more tanky state of Pandawa. You'll gain +1 MP, +20 block and +100 resist. However you do lose 20% damage dealt, so be wary of that. This state can be good for times where staying alive is most important, but you may not want to stay in this state for very long, due to the damage decrease.

Changing between states
The three states are based on whether or not you're carrying your barrel after each turn. Here's when the states change or stay:
  • Sober: Carrying the barrel -> Merry
  • Sober: Not carrying the barrel -> Stay Sober
  • Merry: Carrying the barrel -> Stay Merry (Can only be kept for 5 turns)
  • Merry: Not carrying the barrel -> Worn Out
  • Worn Out: Carrying the barrel -> Stay Worn Out (Can only be kept for 5 turns)
  • Worn Out: Not carrying the barrel -> Sober
Generally most Pandawas who focus on Merriment stay in Merry for as long as they can and then finishes the cycle to sober when they need WP back through Master of Merriment. You can go into worn out state if you feel you need some more resilience, but keep in mind that it does impede your ability to deal damage.

Dizzy
Dizzy is a state which you can put up to 15 stacks on enemies for extra effects on certain spells. Dizzy stays indefinitely on the target until you consume it or the target dies. Most of Pandawa's spells help stack dizzy, and the amount of dizzy stacked is equal to the amount of AP, MP and WP used by the spell. Most dizzy consumption provides a debuff for the target or a buff for the Pandawa.

Karchamrak
This specialty is what makes Pandawas great at map manipulation. You can use this specialty on any non-stabilized target. This picks them up, ready to be throw again with the same spell, or a few of the elemental spells allow you to add extra flair to the throw. You can also pick up and throw the barrel. This spell allows the Pandawa choose exactly where he wants his allies and enemies to be. Movement spells are not allowed to be used while being carried, however a carried target can move to stop being carried.

Barrel
Most spells has some extra effect that involves the barrel in some way. Some water spells gain an AoE effect when cast on the barrel, Milking It deals extra damage if the barrel is one of the targets and the earth spell does something different if the Pandawa is carrying the Barrel. Whether you like having the barrel on the field or in your hands, this is another important part of Pandawa's gameplay.

water The Water Spells

Milky Breath

Cost: 2 AP
Achoo! Excuse me. This spell is alright, but it's kinda overshadowed by flaming burp with its smaller AoE and less useful secondary effect. The healing throw isn't really good enough to compensate how low, un-modifiable range of the throw. However if you absolutely refuse to use flaming burp, this is a cheap skill that you can use to use up the last couple AP you got left. Plus it looks like you're sneezing on your opponent which is pretty funny.

Splash of Milk

Cost: 4 AP
Be the selfless panda and share your drink. This is an okay single target spell with a pretty good healing secondary effect. This is your only AoE heal without the help of Cocktail. Plus it doesn't require WP like most other of your good heals. I would recommend it for support pandas.

Bubble Trouble

Cost: 3 AP
This spell is rather lackluster. It doesn't really have any special qualities and doesn't even really do all that great damage-wise. Maybe i'm a bit biased, since one of the things i like about Pandawa is how almost all their attacks do more than just one thing. This spell... Can only really damage, normally. Though i suppose it is a possibility if you have cocktail, as it makes a more consistent, though less powerful, single target healing than Milk Wave.

Milk Wave

Cost: 6 AP, 1 WP
And here is the Water branch's most powerful spell. It does high damage, even when cast on the barrel for the AoE effect. Plus it cannot hurt allies which is always a plus when you deal with AoE. The heal is also a big burst heal when you've built up dizzy on your allies. Great spell for support AND damage.

Milk Fountain

Cost: 5 AP, 1 MP
See? Even the enemies can't resist the lure of the panda milk! This spell can help get those pesky enemies close to your barrel with it's dragging effect when cast on the barrel. It's also solid otherwise, being a cross AoE spell that doesn't hurt allies. It still stacks dizzy on them, which is really useful for Milk Wave's heal later. Plus the range is really good.

fire The Fire Spells

Flaming Burp

And here's Milky Breath's big brother. Bigger AoE, cooler concept (I mean, breathing fire? Hell Yeah!), and let's not forget the dizzy consumption effect. Even if you don't plan on doing much damage this turn it can really help you team stack up damage on an enemy, especially a boss, due to the lowered resist. And, you know cheap heal with cocktail, i suppose that says something too.

Light My Fire

Cost: 3 AP
I dunno why I said it was "decent" in the past. This spell has always kinda been awful. The damage was never really that good, especially when casting on the barrel. Plus casting on the barrel makes enemies wanna steer away from it, why would you do that?! Anyways the only reason I'd justify this spell is to use it as single target and use flaming to discourage enemies from getting close, but even then, that's kind of a waste of a spell slot

Dairy Springer

You know what's fun? Jumping around like a maniac. This spell let's you do just that. Not requiring line of sight mean you can easily jump behind an enemy and benefit from backstab damages. It's also a great, cheap tool for escaping lock. Really this spell is just plain fun to use, and fairly useful to boot.

Explosive Flask

Why would you go for a plain ol' normal throw when you can make it go boom instead? This spell would've been very meh had it not been for that extra throwing effect. The throw does 6 AP worth of damage, which is fair considering you usually have to pay 2 AP to carry a thing anyways. However when paired with aggressive barrel or bottomless barrel you can reduce or remove the cost of picking up the barrel entirely and still benefit from the extra explosive flask damage. Ouch.

Milking It

Cost: 5 AP
Oh my look at that AoE. Yes you can easily hit at least 3 enemies with this spell. Even more if they bunch up. Usually has not the best damage, but it grow into decent damage when having you barrel just anywhere in the AoE. Hey, you can't expect a spell with an AoE this good to have amazing damage. At least not without a WP cost. Still i can recommend this spell for hitting a lot of targets at once. It's also great if you like to power level people.

earth The Earth Spells

Triple Whammy
Go away! No wait, come back here! This spell is more a utility than anything else. The pushing (or dragging when carrying the barrel) can prove useful, but the damage leaves something to be desired and usually it's better to leave the slot open for something else.

Six Roses
Barrel SMASH! This spell does pretty alright single target close range damage. It also stacks flaming on you, which can be useful to keeping enemies away from you. Or extra damage if they're dumb and stays by you, but that's unlikely to happen. Still i can't say this spell is awful, cause it certainly has it's uses.

Bash Barrel
What's better than smashing a person with a barrel more than smacking multiple people with a barrel? This is a really good choice for tank and general close ranged Pandawas, as it hits everything around you and even gives you extra resist when carrying the barrel. Great spell for a great AP value.

Lactic Acid
Jesus, what's IN that stuff anyways? This spell has a cross-AoE, but diagonally which actually is rather nicely paired with a close ranged fighter and you can hit enemies around him but not the ally itself. The damage is only okay normally, but it does get a damage boost when carrying the barrel. I don't find myself using the throw effect very often though.

Blisskrieg
Cost: 6 AP, 1 WP
In your face, Ecaflips. Your Up To Scratch got nothing on this sucker. (Just kidding i love you Ecaflips. *smooch*) That H shaped AoE can be weird to set up for, but when those enemies line up just right, destruction is imminent. This does a LOT of damage when carrying the barrel and moves you to the targeted location. Really if you're going for the earth branch you might as well pick this spell. Cause sometimes Dairy Springer is just a bit too subtle.

neutral The Specialties

Barrel
What would a Panda be without his trusty Booze? This spell summon your barrel which you use for various secondary effects on your elemental spells. This should always be in your spell deck, no exceptions. Bread and Butter? No, this is your bamboo and alcohol.

Karchamrak
Cost:
2 AP - 0 AP to throw
You go over here, and YOU go over here, and... This is another must-have spell. You use it to pick up allies, enemies or your barrel and once you got in your grubby little hands you can use the spell again to fling them wherever you please (as long as it's in a direct line from you), helping you bunch up enemies for AoE, Saving teammates from the big scary monster or maybe you're just thirsty. But yeah, keep this in your deck. No exceptions.

Bamboozle
Cost: 2 AP, 1 WP
See? Alcohol has many uses. This is a very versatile specialty, both being able to give yourself a shield and close combat resistance, heal allies over 3 turns or... I guess you could push things away from your barrel if you somehow feel the need. Okay so the 2 first ones are more useful, especially the first one, but those 2 uses does still justify putting this spell in your deck. It's really rather nice.

Ether
Cost: 2 AP, 1 WP
Lock? What's that? This is a rather underrated spell in my opinion. It can really help when you or your teammates are stuck locked to an enemy, and it gives them MP to boot. Not quite as useful to use on an enemy as the MP boost isn't there, but if one enemy got multiple teammates in a tight spot i suppose that's you can do that. Anyways, a lot of people seem to neglect this spell in favor of Bamboozle, but i think it has it's uses.

Barrelhop
Cost: 1 WP
Never again leave your booze with this spell. This spell can teleport you to any cell adjacent to you barrel and costs nothing but a WP. One of your best mobility skills. You can jump very far if you set up your barrels correctly, and it's also useful if you quickly need to reposition it, or just wanna get drunk again.

The Passives
The passives for all classes are not included in this guide.

Cocktail
This first passive is meant for the support-happy panda. It reduces some damage in exchange for better heals and giving flaming burp and bubble trouble ability to heal allies. Even with this passive those spells still deal damage to enemies and keep their usual effects, in case you were worried. Fairly Solid choice for a healing-focused Pandawa.

Master of Merriment
A great passive for any situation. Extra AP when Merry turning Merry is super useful, and that's along with the AP gain you already get from being Merry. Plus, it gives you another reason to stack up more dizzy, as it's one of two ways Pandawa can regain WP.

Bottomless Barrel
A must have if you ask me. The extra health on the barrel is only sort of useful, but you can essentially go drink from the barrel for free at the end of your turn just by standing next to it and facing it with this spell. (Pro-tip: The little arrows beneath your health bar can change the direction you're facing without moving) Plus it heals you with pretty good healing whenever you drink from it, making you last a lot longer in battle.

Aggressive Barrel
Another really good passive. Not only does it increase your damage when carrying the barrel, which is great for the earth branch and explosive flask, but it reduces the cost for picking up the barrel (anything else still cost the normal 2 AP) and gives you an extra range for throwing things around. Must have for earth Pandas and still very recommended otherwise.

Milky Instinct
Wow the great passives just keep on coming around these levels, huh? This one is great for increasing your damage without any real drawbacks. All enemies around the barrel AND consuming any amount of dizzy gives you final damage for the next attack. It also gives you another way of regenerating WP just by entering the sober state. Really solid choice for any panda.

Bambottle
Eh. The effect isn't really major enough to warrant wasting a passive slot for this. You usually have plenty of dodge or lock just from stats and equipment, and ether is cheap enough already that you don't really need to remove the AP cost.

Poisoned Chalice
This passive helps you deal more damage at the cost of less resistance and losing your biggest burst heal. The poison can really stack up the damage, though you should mostly get this passive if you plan on focusing more on damage than tanking or healing.

Refreshment
This passive is very meh. Most of your elemental spells teach you to either hold the barrel or keep it close to enemies, but this one asks you to have it near allies. The chance of allies standing next to it is rather slim even when you're trying.

Pandemic
This passive helps you tanking when carrying the barrel. Works great with the earth branch if you wanna tank, though it does make you do slightly less damage, but that's a small price to pay if you want the big resilience boost.

Tips and Tricks
All of these are subject to change and i might add more. Feel free to share yours as well.

• You can cast Barrel on yourself to instantly carry it without having to waste AP using Karchamrak on it.
  • If you specifically target a cell with an enemy with an elemental spell that transports you it will not transport you, but it will still keep all other effects including damage.
  • Milk Wave benefits from having dizzy on the ally you're healing, but most dizzy stacking spells will deal damage to them. However, there are a few spells, like Milk Fountain that can stack it without dealing damage to them, so rely on those to increase the potency of your Milk Wave heal.
  • Remember to always be mindful of Heal Resist when healing. The more a single ally is healed the less potent future healing on them is. If there's an Eniripsa using the water branch on your team, please let him take care of healing the team, unless he is incapable of doing so.
  • Some fire spells like Flaming Burp and Dairy Springer are still useful even when not leveled. Even if you focus on the Water and Earth Branch for damage you can still consider adding one of the two to your deck.
  • Remember to help your allies get into position using Karchamrak. If there's a close ranged fighter far from the action throw them near the enemies. If a ranged fighter or a healer has trouble getting away throw either them or the enemy away to safety.
  • Even if you're not focusing on the earth branch, there's still benefit from carrying the barrel. Going into Merry helps your damage output a lot and it can be free if you get bottomless barrel. Plus you can use it as ammo for Explosive Flask.
  • Avoid hitting teammates if at all possible. And if you really want to hit a lot of enemies at your ally's expense at least ask permission first.
  • The barrel blocks line of sight which can both be a benefit and hinderance to your team. It can help force ranged enemies out of a hiding spot if you put the barrel in their way, but it can also be an annoyance to your ranged allies who might've killed that enemy had you not FREAKING BARREL IN FRONT OF THEM.
  • Remember that most of your healing cannot target yourself unfortunately. I've had dumb situations where i often forget this. Splash of Milk can still heal yourself, though.
  • Before you learn Karchamrak at lv. 15 it can be hard to use your barrel efficiently, as you cannot move it the usual way. You don't need to focus too hard on it's mechanics until then.
  • While generally for most fights you can stay in Merry from turn 2 until the end of the fight, if you have the Master of Merriment passive, you may want to consider cycling through the states faster in boss battles and other fights that may last longer. This way you can benefit from the entering state bonuses a number of times.

Build Recommendations
These are not definite builds, but just recommendations to spells and passives you can have in your deck. You don't need to follow these completely, and you're free to improvise.

Water / Fire - Ranged damage and support
Water spells
  • Splash of Milk
  • Milk Wave
  • Milk Fountain

Fire spells
  • Flaming Burp
  • Dairy Springer
  • Explosive Flask
  • Milking It

Specialties
  • Barrel
  • Karchamrak
  • Ether
  • Barrelhop

Passives
  • Cocktail
  • Master of Merriment
  • Bottomless Barrel
  • Aggresive Barrel
  • Milky Instinct

Fire / Earth - Off-tank and high mobility
Fire spells
  • Flaming Burp
  • Dairy Springer
  • Explosive Flask

Earth spells
  • Six Roses
  • Bash Barrel
  • Lactic Acid
  • Blisskrieg

Specialties
  • Barrel
  • Karchamrak
  • Bamboozle
  • Barrelhop

Passives
  • Master of Merriment
  • Bottomless Barrel
  • Aggresive Barrel
  • Milky Instinct
  • Poisoned Chalice
  • Pandemic

Water / Earth - Tanking and support
Water spells
  • Splash of Milk
  • Milk Wave
  • Milk Fountain

Earth spells
  • Six Roses
  • Bash Barrel
  • Lactic Acid
  • Blisskrieg

Specialties
  • Barrel
  • Karchamrak
  • Bamboozle
  • Barrelhop

Passives

• Cocktail
  • Master of Merriment
  • Bottomless Barrel
  • Aggresive Barrel
  • Milky Instinct
  • Pandemic

Conclusion

Thank you for reading my guide. I hope this will help you become a big destructive alcoholic. Just for extra Drunk flair, i recommend you get the burp emote, for no other reason than it just fits too well.
This is my first guide, so any feedback and tips are always welcome. Don't be shy about leaving any of that below.

Happy drinking!

8 0
Reactions 73
Score : 13936

I enjoyed the guide. I play a close combat Fire/Earth Panda as well and thought i'd share some thoughts. A nice free way to add scalding to targets is barrelhop. When teleporting to the barrel any enemies next to the panda's destination will become scalded.

My spell choices are the same for Fire but i find earth much harder to decide. I took Six Roses, Bash Barrel, and Triple Whammy. Whammy simply as a way to pull more targets into CC range. I'm not convinced which earth spells are best atm. I took AP, MP, final dmg. Block and crit as well. Passives were a tough call but at higher levels you only need to skip one and not max another so little to decide for me.

I'm still learning this play style so i hope to see more feedback and discussion here^^ Thanks for getting us started

Edit: I did some testing on Flaming dmg. Final dmg, Bersek dmg, CC dmg, and single target all increase it. You can't backstab flaming dmg.

0 0
Score : 1910

Thank you so much for the guide, and I completely agree, though I am a bit lost on one thing.

The difference between level 8 and 9 of Barrel is just 1% extra barrel health. Is that really worth 15 points? Just seems like a waste.

Let me know what you think or if you have some extra insight.

0 0
Score : 596
Gynrei|2015-01-24 02:27:18
I enjoyed the guide. I play a close combat Fire/Earth Panda as well and thought i'd share some thoughts. A nice free way to add scalding to targets is barrelhop. When teleporting to the barrel any enemies next to the panda's destination will become scalded.

My spell choices are the same for Fire but i find earth much harder to decide. I took Six Roses, Bash Barrel, and Triple Whammy. Whammy simply as a way to pull more targets into CC range. I'm not convinced which earth spells are best atm. I took AP, MP, final dmg. Block and crit as well. Passives were a tough call but at higher levels you only need to skip one and not max another so little to decide for me.

I'm still learning this play style so i hope to see more feedback and discussion here^^ Thanks for getting us started

Edit: I did some testing on Flaming dmg. Final dmg, Bersek dmg, CC dmg, and single target all increase it. You can't backstab flaming dmg.

Thanks for your feedback.

As I said in the guide, Whammy's pull effect is great, but the damage is pretty bad, even when considering the low price. I suggest just having it for utility and instead level Lactic Acid or Blisskrieg.

Oh and that flaming damage test info helps a lot. I'm curious if the explosion caused by a target dying from the scald is affected by area damage, as it's designated to cause a ring AoE.

MuriCat|2015-01-24 08:45:50
Thank you so much for the guide, and I completely agree, though I am a bit lost on one thing.

The difference between level 8 and 9 of Barrel is just 1% extra barrel health. Is that really worth 15 points? Just seems like a waste.

Let me know what you think or if you have some extra insight.

Now that you mention it, yes, the last level of barrel isn't overly necessary. I just have it maxed cause I'd get annoyed leaving a spell at level 8 with my gaming OCD. (I don't actually have OCD, please don't take offense to that.)
But yes, that last level of barrel isn't very important so you can skip if you want.
0 0
Score : 93

Hello! This guide was brilliant! biggrin
I do have a few questions though. Firstly, many say that it is hard to hybrid with earth due to always holding the barrel. I really love the idea of an earth/fire Pandawa but are there any good combos? I want to be able to apply the effects such as scalding and dizzy but is it possible? Also what armour would be good for an earth/fire Pandawa? I am level 33 at the moment so what should I aim for? Also weapons? And one final question, what mobs should I aim to fight and at what levels? Again I thoroughly enjoyed your guide! Thanks in advance! biggrin 

0 0
Anony80|2015-02-05 08:51:54
Hello! This guide was brilliant! biggrin
I do have a few questions though. Firstly, many say that it is hard to hybrid with earth due to always holding the barrel. I really love the idea of an earth/fire Pandawa but are there any good combos? I want to be able to apply the effects such as scalding and dizzy but is it possible? Also what armour would be good for an earth/fire Pandawa? I am level 33 at the moment so what should I aim for? Also weapons? And one final question, what mobs should I aim to fight and at what levels? Again I thoroughly enjoyed your guide! Thanks in advance! biggrin
Thank you for replying.

Going hybrid with earth used to be much more difficult before their revamp since you had to always end your turn with the barrel to keep your merry, however, after the revamp it's much easier since merry and worn out are considered side grades now. Also all the earth spells now don't require to hold the barrel to cast.

There are some nice combos a fire/earth can do. If the enemy isn't close enough and i'm carrying the barrel i like to use lactic acid until i have between 7 and 4 ap and then finish with an explosive flask next to it. There's of course also using either Bash Barrel, Dairy Springer or Barrelhop and then use Six Roses, as Pandawa has some of the best scald/flame spells. Dizzy is very much liable, but if you wanna build dizzy, you should propably not carry the barrel as Bash Barrel and Six Roses consume it for a buff on you, however it is still very possible to utilize dizzy well.

Now my build focuses mostly and being a damage/tank/locker, so the best stats to focus on in equipment would be lock, resist, block and fire/earth damage. I'm not the best at gearing but i've found the Rampart set to be quite useful. Currently I'm aiming towards getting high enough level to equip the Chop-Chop at lv. 122, as that's an amazing weapon to have, if you ask me.

As for what to kill, usually that doesn't matter, though Pandawa tends to have an easier time against close-range monsters rather than the ones that tend to run away.

Edit: I did some slight changes to the guide. I changed my comments on certain spells and specialties, as well as changed the order i recommend you level your specialties.
0 0
Score : 3063
MonoMenace|2015-02-05 14:39:43
as Pandawa has some of the best scald/flame spells.

won't this change when reworked Iop comes live? I really want to make scald/flame character but dunno if Panda is good at this or I should just do Iop
0 0
Lukinerx|2015-02-05 23:11:10
MonoMenace|2015-02-05 14:39:43
as Pandawa has some of the best scald/flame spells.

won't this change when reworked Iop comes live? I really want to make scald/flame character but dunno if Panda is good at this or I should just do Iop
Currently i have my six roses at lv. 113, and it builds up 81 levels of flaming so far. about 100 on a crit too. I'd say that spell, and the various ways to scald enemies, makes a locking Pandawa really good for scald/flame.
0 0
Score : 3

Hi, i really enjoyed this guidebiggrin. Thanks to it i created mi Panda and im really liking it so far.
I have some questions:
-I don't know when to change to merry/worn out/sober state. Should I change between states or stay in one for more time?
-When should I consume the dizzy stacks? Should i wait until 15+ stacks and consume it there or aren't they so important?
-Could you say some combos? When should I use the barrel?
-And what do you think about changing explosive flask with milking it?

Again thank you so much for this guide and sorry if i sound a little newbie for asking so much questions.tongue

PD: Also sorry for my English, is not my native language.

0 0
natitok|2015-02-23 03:03:07
Hi, i really enjoyed this guidebiggrin. Thanks to it i created mi Panda and im really liking it so far.
I have some questions:
-I don't know when to change to merry/worn out/sober state. Should I change between states or stay in one for more time?
-When should I consume the dizzy stacks? Should i wait until 15+ stacks and consume it there or aren't they so important?
-Could you say some combos? When should I use the barrel?
-And what do you think about changing explosive flask with milking it?

Again thank you so much for this guide and sorry if i sound a little newbie for asking so much questions.tongue

PD: Also sorry for my English, is not my native language.
No need to say such harsh things to yourself. These are completely legit questions, that i really shouldn't have omitted from the guide (Which means I'll go write this stuff in the first post as well.)

To answer your questions right now, though...

Out of the three states, the Merry state is by far the more useful, giving you more damage, AP AND critical hits. Try to stay in Merry state has much as you can, but switch try to complete the cycle once you feel you need more WP. It's also a good idea to get out of the Merry once you find yourself in trouble, and survival is suddenly a bigger importance than damage.

I find myself actually not consuming dizzy that often. Usually with normal mobs they fall before they reach 15 stacks. Though for bosses i can see how it would be useful consuming dizzy with flaming burp to decrease it's resistance, making it much easier to wither it down for the whole team. Of course if you need WP and it can't wait for you to reach back to sober, consuming it for the WP is also a smart choice.

For enemies in close combat i usually like to use my Dairy Springer and Bash Barrel twice each for damage, then follow with summoning the barrel and casting bamboozle on myself if necessary.
For enemies who are farther away I tend to start with summoning my barrel, casting lactic acid until i have 7-4 AP left and then follow with an explosive flask. After that, i suggest using barrelhop to get back to your barrel to enter the merry state.
If you're up against a more aggressive, head-on, close combat monster, i suggest using Bash Barrel or Dairy Springer to scald as many targets as you can, then proceed to smack them as much as you can with Six Roses. If you have some AP left, you can always follow up with a bamboozle.
Honestly it's hard for me to explain good combos on a Pandawa. They're so versatile and it's very much about adapting to the situation and executing it, so your combat strategy really depends on the situation.

I suppose it should be possible to switch Explosive Flask for Milking It. Milking It is an amazing spell, especially for power leveling, I just find it doesn't compliment the Damage/Locker Panda, this build is going for, since the minimum range is 3. Sure, you may be able to hit enemies who are next to you with it, but usually that requires you to not be blocked from another side. And from my experience, lockers find themselves surrounded quite often. But if you wanna go for Milking It and ditch the admittedly situational Explosive Flask, go for it! I don't see how it's outright worse.

Well, this has turned into a wall of text. Looking forward to putting all this stuff in the actual guide... *sigh*

Oh and your English is fine. I only found a few hiccups here and there, but the important part is that you were comprehensible.
1 0
Score : 1335

Hey Menace, this guide really helped me. I was inspired by your guide to try Fire/Earth Panda and I haven't looked back. I love it.

These tips about barrel usage and combos and such was very helpful as well. Thank you!

One question though - I'm level 50 with 8 AP. I've leveled up Six Roses, Blisskreig and Lactic Acid for my three Earth spells. What's a good way to use my AP each turn? For Fire, I've leveled Explosive Flask, the Breath and Dairy Springer.

1 0
Tyr4el|2015-02-24 01:24:37
Hey Menace, this guide really helped me. I was inspired by your guide to try Fire/Earth Panda and I haven't looked back. I love it.

These tips about barrel usage and combos and such was very helpful as well. Thank you!

One question though - I'm level 50 with 8 AP. I've leveled up Six Roses, Blisskreig and Lactic Acid for my three Earth spells. What's a good way to use my AP each turn? For Fire, I've leveled Explosive Flask, the Breath and Dairy Springer.
I suggest not leveling Flaming burp, as it's damage is lackluster and you can get the full resistance lowering effect at level 0.
0 0
Score : 1335

That will help. I can respec again soon I think or I'll just buy one and respec out of Flaming Burp.

Thanks!

0 0
Score : 281

I was excited to see that you're updating this. I'm looking forward to reading the finished guide.

Are you going to change your original earth/fire build? I'm really close to my respec and I can't remember what it said before, regarding the stats and stuff >

0 0
Snozaz|2015-03-20 00:20:05
I was excited to see that you're updating this. I'm looking forward to reading the finished guide.

Are you going to change your original earth/fire build? I'm really close to my respec and I can't remember what it said before, regarding the stats and stuff >
There is gonna be slight changes to the fire/earth build. Mostly to replace the six roses spell, as it's lategame use is very limited.

EDIT: I have finished writing the spells, specialties and stats to level in each build. This guide is now useful so i removed the (under re-construction) part of the title, but i am not completely done working on it.
0 0

Thanks! I appreciate the effort.

I'm glad I held off on the respec, i'm going to try out the water / earth build.

0 0
Score : 3

Hey, this guide is what i was in need of! I was willing to try the earth/water hybrid but i can't understand how i should combo :/ i mean, i need to throw away the barrel if i have to use water spells, but i also need to pick it up for the merry state and the earth spells' buffs .-.

p.s. sorry for eventual grammar mistakes

0 0
FurettoneKawaii|2015-03-20 22:16:46
Hey, this guide is what i was in need of! I was willing to try the earth/water hybrid but i can't understand how i should combo :/ i mean, i need to throw away the barrel if i have to use water spells, but i also need to pick it up for the merry state and the earth spells' buffs .-.

p.s. sorry for eventual grammar mistakes
Well, that's usually not a problem. If you need to use water spells you can put down your barrel for free by using karchamrak, use your water spells, and with at least lv. 10 milky instinct you'll be able to pick the barrel up for free again by facing the barrel and mantaining your merry state. If you also wanna use some earth spells i suggest using them before resorting to putting down the barrel and using water.
0 0

I've been using the water/earth build for awhile now and I really enjoy it. I don't think I'm using it's full potential when it comes to combos and such, but I can tell that I'm improving.

One thing I didn't realize until just recently is that I can use the specialty moves when they are level 0. Barrelhop would have been especially useful in some of the more challenging fights.

What is the benefit of maxing out an ability before moving on to the next?

Also, I was wondering if you could tell me what build you use personally. I'm nearing level 80 and may switch to something else if it's more useful later in the game.

Thanks again for the guide, It has been tough to find up to date info on this game.

0 0
Snozaz|2015-03-25 16:16:32
I've been using the water/earth build for awhile now and I really enjoy it. I don't think I'm using it's full potential when it comes to combos and such, but I can tell that I'm improving.

One thing I didn't realize until just recently is that I can use the specialty moves when they are level 0. Barrelhop would have been especially useful in some of the more challenging fights.

What is the benefit of maxing out an ability before moving on to the next?

Also, I was wondering if you could tell me what build you use personally. I'm nearing level 80 and may switch to something else if it's more useful later in the game.

Thanks again for the guide, It has been tough to find up to date info on this
Well, usually some specialties are more important than others. For example, barrel is useful to level early to give it a bit of resilience and to make it cost less to summon. Karchamrak is less important to max first because it doesn't decrease in cost as you level it. Basically it's about whether you wanna prioritize or slowly get all your specialties stronger. Though with leveling multiple skills at once will leave you feeling like you have much slower progression.

As for the build i personally use, i use the fire/water build i put in the guide. It's kiting, Map manipulation and AoE is great. Milking It is my favorite. I don't even use the other fire spell i leveled (being dairy springer) unless getting backstabs is important, like against lenalds.
1 0